Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 01:07   #61
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 206
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allroad View Post
Nice updates from your trips SPS. Also from what I am reading I am assuming the highways and roads connecting town and cities between these three states - KL, KA, and TN - are pretty neat.

I wish all the construction I am seeing on the NH-7 connecting Bangalore and Hyderabad will realize one day, 'coz that's the highway I'll be using mostly in the near future
Roads are of a mixed kind. Mostly good ones, but there are bad patches too. If we wait for all roads to be good before any trip, the trip will never happen. Bad roads sometimes add to the fun if you see it in that perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Sps, this truly is a tourer! has all the qualities of a vehicle which is perfect for long distance...
enjoy it
yes boss, I am enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
B'lore - Tvm in 12hrs of drive time is very very impressive. Its more like 750 odd kms. Happy Mile Munching
We started from domlur area at 7.30am on a sunday. So escaped bangalore traffic. By the time we reached palaghat at noon, the roads there were empty too. Even the long queue of trucks at walayar check post was missing. We crossed cochin byepass between 4.30 and 5pm which is also a relaxed traffic time owing to a holiday. if it is after 6pm on a sunday we will get caught up in the slow moving traffic.
Good average speeds in the above spots means the total average speed will increase.
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 12:22   #62
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

SPS, nice updates of your journeys on your wheel, seems super comfortable on those long drives, roads also seems of good condition, keep on going, why didnt you opted for front sceen film?
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 02:11   #63
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 206
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Second service report

Second service was done last saturday. Odo stands at 5800 km now. Service was due at 5000km. Since only routine check ups were there, service advisor had mentioned that it is ok, if I exceeds it.

3 issues (minor) were mentioned this time
1. A whistling sound could be heard when I am revving in the range of 2k to 3k rpm and then releasing the accelator. Initially I thought of it as the turbo whistle. But turbo being in the range of 3k and above I wanted this to be checked up

2. Right side ORVM was a little lose. It was not shaking though. Noticed it when I tried to close the ORVM once.

3. Outside smell was felt inside even when the air intake is from inside.

The expected time of service was mentioned as 1.5 hours. So I waited at the service centre itself watching my vehicle getting serviced through the big glass window provided at the customer lounge. Service took about 3 hours.
Things done
1. There was some problem with the exhaust resulting in the exhaust air escaping through some gap. This caused the whistling sound. they tightened some bolt for rectifying it. I was not quite convinced about what it was. On test drive I could feel that sound is gone.
2. ORVM could not be tightened. The shake was attributed to some vehicle hitting the mirror, resulting in the bolt hole becoming a little larger. Has to live with this. Luckily it is not rattling.
3. There were some gaps in the cabling ducts which resulted in defective air isolation of the cabin. This also was resolved.

Next service due at 10k km. Oil change to be done at that time. Expected cost of that next service also marked in the service log. Overall a nice experience, but I felt it would have been nice if the service advisor could inform me of the delay in delivery time, owing to the problem correction rather than me going to him to enquire about the delay after 3hours.

Neverthless I could see that the vehicle was attended to by some technician or other when it was in the service area. This added to my curiosity on whether there was some major trouble to be rectified.

Nippon toyota service centre experience so far has been 8/10
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 14:00   #64
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
We started from domlur area at 7.30am on a sunday. So escaped bangalore traffic. By the time we reached palaghat at noon, the roads there were empty too. Even the long queue of trucks at walayar check post was missing. We crossed cochin byepass between 4.30 and 5pm which is also a relaxed traffic time owing to a holiday. if it is after 6pm on a sunday we will get caught up in the slow moving traffic.
Good average speeds in the above spots means the total average speed will increase.
I'm from Ambalapuzha and travel home by car. I usually start from Pai Layout, Old Madras Road (maybe 8kms from Domlur) at about 0200hrs and reach Ambalapuzha by 1300hrs. And mind you this is mostly with just pee-breaks. Food is carried in the car. I loose a lot of time once I cross Trichur, with all the 4laning work and traffic.

You dont have to be modest, you did some good time, especially after starting at 0730hrs. Next time I'm at Tvm, I'll PM you.

Last edited by unni.ak : 28th April 2009 at 14:00. Reason: Grammar
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 22:13   #65
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 206
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I'm from Ambalapuzha and travel home by car. I usually start from Pai Layout, Old Madras Road (maybe 8kms from Domlur) at about 0200hrs and reach Ambalapuzha by 1300hrs. And mind you this is mostly with just pee-breaks. Food is carried in the car. I loose a lot of time once I cross Trichur, with all the 4laning work and traffic.

You dont have to be modest, you did some good time, especially after starting at 0730hrs. Next time I'm at Tvm, I'll PM you.
Yes we can meet up when you are in tvm. Once the trichur - ekm roads are completely done, it will take 1.5hrs to do this stretch, provided traffic is manageable.
This is the first time I am doing bnglr - tvm in single stretch. In all previous times I did break journey at calicut/thrissur. This time I was targetting between 13 - 16hrs for this journey.
Even had plans to break the journey at thrissur and then continue next day if my young kid is feeling bad. She did felt uneasy, but that was when we were near Quilon.
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 23:11   #66
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Yes we can meet up when you are in tvm. Once the trichur - ekm roads are completely done, it will take 1.5hrs to do this stretch, provided traffic is manageable.
This is the first time I am doing bnglr - tvm in single stretch. In all previous times I did break journey at calicut/thrissur. This time I was targetting between 13 - 16hrs for this journey.
Even had plans to break the journey at thrissur and then continue next day if my young kid is feeling bad. She did felt uneasy, but that was when we were near Quilon.
Guess she'll have to get used to your continuous drives now You have the perfect vehicle in hand as well. Happy Driving.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 23:45   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 151
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

I just returned from Thrissur this morning and covered this strecth in about 7.5 hours, actually It was a long trip from blr - munnar - tekkady - thrissur - blr.
hemanth.das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 10:01   #68
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 206
Thanked: 29 Times
Default 6000 km report

Only 6000 km in 6 months. Very less when compared with Innova standards.

The change that has come to my life is that I am planning for the next trip with my family whenever time permits. And if the trip is planned, I am excited to be behind the drivers wheel.

After very long journeys, my wife used to tell that next time we should go by air or by train. But now a days I am not hearing that tooo.

About the vehicle: it has hold well till now. Well I know that this is a reliable machine and that's why I bought it. Taking good care of it.

My kids now enjoy the vehicle so much that the moment they enter in a sedan/hatch they tell that we want to go in the innova.

It is a reliable cruiser, a fast one though, not the one which you can take to breath taking speeds. But reaches destination pretty faster than what you estimate. Very easily driveable in the city.

One pic of my innova which I took last weekend. Created a new BHP garage too.

My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-taking-places-toyota-innova.jpg

Last edited by sps : 5th May 2009 at 10:08. Reason: Grammar and spelling
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 12:38   #69
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 206
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
SPS, nice updates of your journeys on your wheel, seems super comfortable on those long drives, roads also seems of good condition, keep on going, why didnt you opted for front sceen film?
The local installers all are dependent on not so trained employees. I am not ready to risk with a bad installation on my front screen.
During travelling heat through the front is acceptable now. Only during parking under sun it's a problem. Plan to get some rollable windshield for the front windscreen.
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 23:37   #70
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 151
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

when you were in blore you should have installed it ... contact me if you need any help arround this I hav a good experienced guy in this dept.
hemanth.das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 00:08   #71
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 206
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Another ghat ride

Cruised to vagamon last weekend. Enjoyed the space and comfort offered by the innova. The place is simply scenic. feels like as if we have gone into another world alltogether.
Watching the scenery around even during the scorching heat from the comfort of the chilling ac and aircraft like ambience is something special.

The resort which we opted for had some nice offroading tracks. Tried only a few kilometers in my innova. The rest was done in a 4x4 mahindra. Waiting for the next weekend to write a travelogue along with the pictures.

My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc03868edited.jpg

My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc03872.jpg
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 00:57   #72
BHPian
 
GSMINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 354
Thanked: 94 Times
Default

How far is vagamon from TVM ?
I'm planning a trip nex week, Bangalore-Sabarimala-Trivandrum-Tiruvattar-Tirunelveli-Bangalore
Hence, looking for a place to break journey after Sabarimala.
I generally stay in Trivandrum Club or Lotus club(Kochi) on my way back from sabarimala, my club in Bangalore is affliated to these clubs,
So thought if vagamon is a hill station, it might be a nice place to crash after climbing Sabarimala by foot.
GSMINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 09:41   #73
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 206
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Vagamon is 210kms from tvm. It is in Kottayam - idukki border. you can reach vagamon from erumeli. It is some 50 to 60 kms from Erumeli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
How far is vagamon from TVM ?
I'm planning a trip nex week, Bangalore-Sabarimala-Trivandrum-Tiruvattar-Tirunelveli-Bangalore
Hence, looking for a place to break journey after Sabarimala.
I generally stay in Trivandrum Club or Lotus club(Kochi) on my way back from sabarimala, my club in Bangalore is affliated to these clubs,
So thought if vagamon is a hill station, it might be a nice place to crash after climbing Sabarimala by foot.
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 10:25   #74
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Cruised to vagamon last weekend. Enjoyed the space and comfort offered by the innova. The place is simply scenic. feels like as if we have gone into another world alltogether.
Watching the scenery around even during the scorching heat from the comfort of the chilling ac and aircraft like ambience is something special.

The resort which we opted for had some nice offroading tracks. Tried only a few kilometers in my innova. The rest was done in a 4x4 mahindra. Waiting for the next weekend to write a travelogue along with the pictures.

Attachment 144065

Attachment 144066
Great pix pal.

Changanacherry -Vagamon route is great. Nice road too.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 00:59   #75
BHPian
 
GSMINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 354
Thanked: 94 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Vagamon is 210kms from tvm. It is in Kottayam - idukki border. you can reach vagamon from erumeli. It is some 50 to 60 kms from Erumeli.
Thanks, but how does one reach Vagamon from sabarimala or erumely.
From Erumely should I go via Kottayam or Pala/Ranni or via ----- ?
Pls guide me, plus what facilities in vagamon, I mean, lodges, food sightseeing etc
After climbing from Pampa to Sannidhanam & back, the first thing we want is a nice room, good mallu food & a long sleep, hence pls help

Last edited by GSMINC : 5th June 2009 at 01:01.
GSMINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Innova vs Toyota Fortuner - For a Family MAS SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 121 24th November 2017 20:26
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 16th May 2017 18:48
Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : Scorpio finds a new home! benbsb29 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 168 8th January 2015 11:22
Toyota Innova or Toyota Altis Diesel h.k What Car? 9 4th October 2010 10:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks