Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd July 2009, 19:34   #136
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

I used the mechanical key for 3-4 days and it worked fine. To just up the oomph factor, i started using remote key as it looks much more stylish.

I am not facing this problem.
Your dealer and his staff are way too good, very high professionalism levels , same is the case with dealers in delhi Rama and ABS motors, both top class service centres.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 08:36   #137
Senior - BHPian

I guess i have to try the mechanical key too just to make sure!!. The problem with we linea owners is that we try out others problems too in our own car.

Last edited by geeash : 23rd July 2009 at 08:37.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:20   #138
Senior - BHPian

For that reason only,i have tried and tested with Manual/Mechanical keys in my car for a week.
Now i am using Remote Keys only.
I tried every aspects of the car and check for faultiness.
As of now the car is in very good condition.No issues except a squeaking noise from rear Fender pad.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 23rd July 2009 at 09:22.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 13:10   #139
BHPian

Default Again one more unique issue!

So, here I am again with a new issue surfaced in my Linea. All six speakers went on a strike this friday morning! Everything was working fine-the display, volume button, menu etc., even FM radio was playing-but I was unable to hear any sound from any of the six speakers. So my afternoon appointment fixed at Aspi Motors and their dedicated Fiat electrician tried to find out problem by attaching the diagnostic device from Fiat, which showed 'No Errors' in wiring. Immediately he called up Fiat support staff at Pune and started looking to various connections. The support staff advised to look in to socket D-20 as they had similar problem in one Linea. So the focus changed to GM(Customer Service) where he searched for the location of this socket on his computer and then took print out of the wiring diagram and handed over to the electrician. He found the socket, opened it and closed it again, and voila! All speakers started working in perfect condition!!
I must say, I have never seen such a professional support from any of the four wheeler manufacturer. I was told that Fiat has no. of cars in support center, where they immediately mimic the situation one they get the phone call from the respective technician and they try to resolve the problem in real time. This is really reassuring that Fiat is serious about A.S.S.
I have also received the mail from TATA customer service head looking after Fiat issues that some one is specially visiting from the Ranjangaon factory to address my seat height adjustment issue on 29th July, Wednesday at Aspi Motors. Let's see what happens.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 16:33   #140
BHPian

These things happens in monsoon due to high humidity.Glad to know the professional support you are getting from FIAT.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 07:26   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
socket D-20
Can you post a picture of this thing and show us where it is just in case we need it?
Old 27th July 2009, 09:49   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Can you post a picture of this thing and show us where it is just in case we need it?
I have not taken the picture but definitely take a picture on this Wednesday when I am supposed to see a guy from Ranjangaon factory to address seat height adjustment issue and then post the same.
Its underneath the panel on co-driver side L curve where A pillar ends.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 10:32   #143
Senior - BHPian

Do let us also know what resolution is done for the seat issue. The Service authorities ar very ignorant on any seat issues here. I have told them that my seat is coming down drastically. They are yet to reply on it for close to a month now.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:30   #144
BHPian

guys, over the weekend I had the seat lever replaced (fiat sent a new part). First impressions, this new lever is not touching my thigh.
Although i can come to conclusions only after a week.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 14:35   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
guys, over the weekend I had the seat lever replaced (fiat sent a new part). First impressions, this new lever is not touching my thigh.
Although i can come to conclusions only after a week.
I will be awaiting your observations very keenly. Did FIAT sent this part specifically for you after you complained or is it being send to all service centres.

My dad is really getting pissed off with this seat coming down and was asking me yest when Fiat would solve this small issue. If you get this job sorted out would put pressure on Fiat to send the lever to Delhi too
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 15:24   #146
Senior - BHPian

yes, i am waiting for a report too. I am hell bent on settling this seat issue this time. It is bugging me a lot in my mind
Old 27th July 2009, 23:40   #147
BHPian

I have got a major problem with my 10 day old linea diesel.

rains in gurgaon. the roads were submerged in water. i was stuck in a bad patch and the car display started giving the message 'check engine'.

now the yellow error light related to the ignition system is on permanently. the service manual said that i can drive the car at moderate speeds to go to the nearest dealer. but prolonged usage might damage the engine.

i called up abs motors in gurgaon. the guy on the phone said i should drive the car to the service center which is around 15 KM away i think....

what should i do? should i insist on them sending a dude to my place? is that going to help?

or should i drive in low speeds (40-60 is low enough?) and drive the car to the dealership?
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 23:56   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
I have got a major problem with my 10 day old linea diesel.

rains in gurgaon. the roads were submerged in water. i was stuck in a bad patch and the car display started giving the message 'check engine'.

now the yellow error light related to the ignition system is on permanently. the service manual said that i can drive the car at moderate speeds to go to the nearest dealer. but prolonged usage might damage the engine.

i called up abs motors in gurgaon. the guy on the phone said i should drive the car to the service center which is around 15 KM away i think....

what should i do? should i insist on them sending a dude to my place? is that going to help?

or should i drive in low speeds (40-60 is low enough?) and drive the car to the dealership?
appears to be an ECU / ECM error light. the service manual is right. you need to visit the nearest dealer. according to a few engine experts (BE mechanical) who do diesel injection works you may drive your car upto 40 KMS by which the ECU light should go off, if it has come on due to any water presence in the engine connector plugs. drive in at about 30-40 to the service centre, they will use the OBD scanner and identify the fault. most likely some connector in the engine took in some water
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 23:58   #149
BHPian

alright. i would drive to the service station early morning tomm. abs motors guy told me that they open at 9am. let's see how it goes. would keep it below 40kmph. google maps tells me that their service center is around 6-7KM. should not be a problem i hope!
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 09:52   #150
Senior - BHPian

Bad luck sushub. Its got to be water creeping up your engine. dont worry it will be resolved