Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th July 2009, 11:08   #151
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
guys, over the weekend I had the seat lever replaced (fiat sent a new part). First impressions, this new lever is not touching my thigh.
Although i can come to conclusions only after a week.
Neo - 2 queries
1) is this new Lever placed 5 inches below its original postition earlier?
2) Is the Lever new or the design the same but positioned lower?

Fiat Corp Quality person proposed similar thing to me now instead of changing entire assmbly proposed earlier.

Also share your experience for last 2-3 days
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 11:25   #152
Senior - BHPian

Already the lever is placed in awkward position.
you can't able to operate it comfortably with close door.
you definitely rub your hand with the door.
the space between Lever and Door pad is very less.
if they plan to down the lever more.it won't be accessible.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 18:05   #153
Senior - BHPian

Bad luck shushubh

Water has played spoilsport with some sensors i think. Have you felt any change in driving dynamics after this light came on or it feels the same as it was before? Dont think it is a big problem, ABS guys are very helpful they will sort out the issue.

As a advice when your car gets stuck in rainwater (deep water) keep revving the engine to keep water out of exhaust and if god forbids engine stalls when your car is in deep water, dont try to restart it.

My Uncle has paid a price of restarting his stalled corolla in waterlogged area and has paid the price of engine overhaul.

Its raining so badly here in Delhi that am happy taking my Scorpio out whenever i go, Linea's GC is less and i worry about it whenever i see standing water
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 01:44   #154
BHPian

well yeah. i shudder at the sight of any water filled pothole or a badly designed speed breaker. that reminds me of what dad said before i got the linea... go for xylo. gurgaon is not made for luxury cars.

about the car... abs said that it was a fault sensor and they did not have the part in stock. would have to go there again.

as for revving the car in deep water. i try to do it. just that it gets a bit scary doing it with a car that's hardly driven 800KM...

i will remember the advice of not trying to start a car if it stalls in deep water.

i think i was very lucky today that the car did not stall on the way to ABS. that 300 meter long patch was deadly. i am pretty sure it was close to 2 feet at some places. plus the potholes. i could not get myself to look at the underbelly of the car when i was abs. not that they allowed me to enter the service area where the car was being worked upon. :(

Last edited by Sushubh : 29th July 2009 at 01:47.
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 08:28   #155
Senior - BHPian

There is a reason i never take the car out when it rains. i dont even take it out when it drizzles.

Reason : It spoiles my 4 hours long hard work of waxing the car every sunday. I hate to see my linea get dirty. so i usually steal the keys of my fathers verna and get out of the house in it before he notices
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 14:40   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
well yeah. i shudder at the sight of any water filled pothole or a badly designed speed breaker. that reminds me of what dad said before i got the linea... go for xylo. gurgaon is not made for luxury cars.

about the car... abs said that it was a fault sensor and they did not have the part in stock. would have to go there again.
To an extent your dad was right but believe me, drive Linea on hilly curves or give keys to your dad when doing so, he will never talk of buyin a Xylo again
When am in Scorpio and people irritate me(bikers and call centre cabs), i just thrust forward and block way for me but in Linea am the last one to thrust on a roundabout as am always scared of bikers banging my car.

So you can drive the car na? You can let the light come till the parts come and drive away your beauty. Water spoilt sensor as expected.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 14:46   #157
Senior - BHPian

yes coolboy well said.
now-a-days i take longer time to reach office.
before using WagonR,Verna,Indica,i reached office within 30 mts.
Now it takes more than 45 mts.
My wife also compliant me that i am driving like a chariot in a slow pace.
But i am not bothering,i have to keep my car scratch free.
so now i am driving more defensively.
once i see a free road then only i push my car.
Currently MID shows 17kmph as overall speed.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 16:39   #158
Senior - BHPian

We have all become defensive drivers after we got our linea. Its true my wife too says the same. I dont really know what has happened to the schumacher in me!!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 17:12   #159
BHPian

i would have to admit the same! earlier i could reach my sasural in around 45 minutes. the same journey takes 30 minutes extra now. the traffic in west delhi is deadly and i am always on my toe while driving in that region.

waxing the car. omg. i need to look into that myself now.

it remains a fact. fiat delivered linea with tons of little problems in component quality. but overall, it is awesomely delicious.
Old 30th July 2009, 15:41   #160
BHPian

Default Update - Seat Assembly Changed

So, finally today my driver side seat height issue was addressed by Fiat. One Executive(Corporate Quality-Product Improvement) with a senior executive (Quality Assurance) from Tata Johnson Controls Automotive Ltd. visited my dealer Aspi Motors today morning. I had quite a long discussion about this issue and they came with all answers. They have changed the gear mechanism and liver handle. Liver handle angle is also changed and now it no more touches the thigh while getting in and getting out. They have asked me to give feedback after some usage for a week or two. Let's see what happens.
Once again, I am surprised by the real, caring professional approach of Fiat. They are also changing this gear mechanism in another Linea of my client.
I also went for Dry wash cleaning by BG of my Linea and its just wonderful. Once again my hiphop black color looks like just arrived from the paint booth!
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 13:25   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
We have all become defensive drivers after we got our linea. Its true my wife too says the same. I dont really know what has happened to the schumacher in me!!

That true. I have changed my office reporting time to 12:00 PM and office leaving time to 9:30 PM Just to beat the peak hours traffic. But still guys the average speed I get is 23 Kms / hr .

I have started getting taunts from my family that you will take time reaching home as you are driving Linea.
nicesachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 14:54   #162
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
So, finally today my driver side seat height issue was addressed by Fiat. One Executive(Corporate Quality-Product Improvement) with a senior executive (Quality Assurance) from Tata Johnson Controls Automotive Ltd. visited my dealer Aspi Motors today morning. I had quite a long discussion about this issue and they came with all answers. They have changed the gear mechanism and liver handle. Liver handle angle is also changed and now it no more touches the thigh while getting in and getting out. They have asked me to give feedback after some usage for a week or two. Let's see what happens.
Once again, I am surprised by the real, caring professional approach of Fiat. They are also changing this gear mechanism in another Linea of my client.
I also went for Dry wash cleaning by BG of my Linea and its just wonderful. Once again my hiphop black color looks like just arrived from the paint booth!
Dr Amit

I came to know today that this is the same Executive - Corp Quality team who came to Mumbai 2-3 months back to see my car & with whom I've been interacting since then. The same Vendor called me today & when I said that I'm a T-BHPian & that 2 friends at Ahmedabad got this done in their Lineas, he said that its him only who met you & got this issue resolved
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 18:17   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Dr Amit

I came to know today that this is the same Executive - Corp Quality team who came to Mumbai 2-3 months back to see my car & with whom I've been interacting since then. The same Vendor called me today & when I said that I'm a T-BHPian & that 2 friends at Ahmedabad got this done in their Lineas, he said that its him only who met you & got this issue resolved
Yes, I remember he referred your case also and was also very positive about t-bhp. He also mentioned that Corp. quality people at Fiat regularly visit t-bhp and are aware of our problems. Just before a week I got a phone call from GM(CS) about how my seat is behaving as this guy called him to know how the things are after they addressed this. As I said earlier, apart from Blue&Me digit recognition problem, right now no problems are there.
Old 26th August 2009, 19:07   #164
BHPian

so fiat is not going to address this problem with all the linea guys? if it is a problem with the system they are installing on their cars, they should consider fixing it for all the customers.

looking at my experience dealing with fiat service stations... i have had two incidences where i got the response...

this 'issue' is present in all lineas. so it's how it is supposed to work!

the issues were:
wiper viberation
lose sensor box on the dashboard just on the right side of the steering wheel.

i have noticed that the seat height adjustment does not stay where i set it permanently. i have to play around with it every time i am on a long drive. i can live with it. but if it is now a known problem... I would expect Fiat to solve it for everyone!
Old 16th September 2009, 11:20   #165
BHPian

Default Once Again Central Locking Problem

So, its my Linea, unique one! Once again my central locking function is not behaving normally. It all started when my son wanted to take seat in front co-driver's seat and he was unable to open it from out side. I opened it from in side and issue forgotten. Same issue happened again and again in last one week and took my Linea to TASS. Strangely, it behaved normally and came back home. The issue was there but I was unable to reproduce it at TASS. I decided to check this on my own yesterday and found that its a strange problem indeed! When I try to open the co-driver side front door, the first time it opens, I close the door with 'thud' feeling and then again try to open the door, it activates the central lock and all four doors are locked! Do not know whether this one more unique feature of Linea, not noticed by us till date or a problem! Taken appointment of today afternoon at TASS, 'll post the update.