Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th September 2009, 11:38   #166
Senior - BHPian

strange indeed
I'll check it in my car and post here.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 11:52   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
When I try to open the co-driver side front door, the first time it opens, I close the door with 'thud' feeling and then again try to open the door, it activates the central lock and all four doors are locked!
I forgot to mention that this refers to open the co-driver side front door from out side!
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 16:28   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I forgot to mention that this refers to open the co-driver side front door from out side!
Dr Amit,
Seems this is a problem with your Linea. I pressed unlock button, opened co drivers door, closed it after 3-4 secs and then again tried to open it after 10 secs and it was unlocked only.

ASPI motors will be glad to help you again. A problem with central locking it seems.
coolboy007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 16:43   #169
Senior - BHPian

if i remeber clearly you had a similar problem with central locking so that u came home by rickshaw right?. or was it some one else?. if it is not you the someone else here had a problem

this could be a extension of that
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 16:55   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
if i remeber clearly you had a similar problem with central locking so that u came home by rickshaw right?
He did come back by rickshaw but it was something else, not this problem. he wasnt carrying key fob and car refused to open with simple key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit
Probably I am the first one with this issue on t-bhp Linea club!
We were visiting an engineering college campus last saturday on 18/07/2009, 18 Kms away from my home in Ahmedabad. I had simple(mechanical) key with me as I use it only in routine and I parked the Linea in parking lot. While returning, I was not able to open the door as key was moving in the lock in both the direction and nothing happened. I had to travel by rickshaw and I had to carry the 'remote' electronic key with me all the way back to college parking area where I had parked my Linea and door was opened with remote control.
Immediately I called the G.M.(Customer Service), Aspi Motors, Ahmedabad and fixed an appointment on 20/07/2009 afternoon. I was really amazed to see the professional approach of the mechanic, who found out the problem as 'connecting wire misplacement' and corrected the problem in just 45 minutes. Any other fellow Linea owners had such a problem? It was really difficult to travel all the way back to home by an auto and coming back while my family was waiting at the college. I have suggested to FIAT that there should be provision of opening the co-driver side door also. It was good that Remote control worked.
But one thing is sure, the service quality with my dealer is really superb and I am glad that the problem was rectified immediately
Old 16th September 2009, 19:15   #171
BHPian

Guys, picture this.
After vehicle is set in motion the doors get locked. Only way they can get unlocked is from inside. Even after the vehicle stops, thee doors remain locked.
Only driver has capability to unlock all doors.
So when Dr.Amit's son stepped down from car, he obviously will not be able to unlock the car from outside na?
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 19:21   #172
BHPian

Default Update on Central Locking Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
if i remeber clearly you had a similar problem with central locking so that u came home by rickshaw right?. or was it some one else?. if it is not you the someone else here had a problem

It was me only, as rightly mentioned by Rajat. This is one more issue with the initial lot of Linea. This issue is already resolved by Fiat in new lot of Linea. The problem is with the cable holding pin attached to the liver inside. Aspi Motors people rectified this in just 30 minutes as they already had idea what could be the reason. The door panel was opened, packing inserted in the slot for cable, and now there is no problem. But this is a temporary solution and they are waiting for the Fiat direction. I hope that now no more issues are there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Guys, picture this.
After vehicle is set in motion the doors get locked. Only way they can get unlocked is from inside. Even after the vehicle stops, thee doors remain locked.
Only driver has capability to unlock all doors.
So when Dr.Amit's son stepped down from car, he obviously will not be able to unlock the car from outside na?
Neo, you are not right. The central locking can be unlocked by the front co-driver side passenger also. And the problem occurred when the car was stationary when my son tried to come inside when I just unlocked the car, so no question of it being locked automatically. As mentioned earlier in this post, this problem do exist in some Linea and Fiat has already changed the pin holding the cable connected to the liver inside. Aspi Motors have taken the photos and sending it to Fiat for permanent rectification of the problem. I have not accepted the idea of inserting packing as a permanent solution and waiting for the solution from Fiat.

Last edited by nehamit : 16th September 2009 at 19:30.
Old 24th September 2009, 14:50   #173
BHPian

Default One more Linea in the family

I have posted this at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1499869.
Eagerly waiting now to compare my Linea with this new one. I 'll post the detail comparison with photos once I get the delivery of new Linea MJD E+ in Perla Champagne color!
Old 24th September 2009, 15:06   #174
BHPian

Quote:
I have posted this at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1499869.
Eagerly waiting now to compare my Linea with this new one. I 'll post the detail comparison with photos once I get the delivery of new Linea MJD E+ in Perla Champagne color!
Congratulations !! Two is'nt too much !!

I was in Ahmedabad last weekend and also at Aspi who informed they are selling 25 Linea's ( & about 10-15 Punto's) a month. However found it hard to digest as I did not see a single Linea last Sat on Ahmedabad roads...

Whats your experience ? See quite a few Linea's on the road?

Check my post... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...w-owner-4.html (Am I the last LINEA Emotion Pk Petrol Vocal White new owner?)

Cheers, Sam
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 15:36   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Congratulations !! Two is'nt too much !!

I was in Ahmedabad last weekend and also at Aspi who informed they are selling 25 Linea's ( & about 10-15 Punto's) a month. However found it hard to digest as I did not see a single Linea last Sat on Ahmedabad roads... Whats your experience ? See quite a few Linea's on the road? Cheers, Sam
Dear Sam,
I am surprised a lot by your observation as now we see more and more Linea on road in Ahmedabad. In fact, when we booked a new Linea yesterday at Aspi, there were total 5 Linea E+ MJD booked at the same time! I am witness of that and its very difficult to get E+ before Sept end. One E version was there in the show room and in front of us it was sold in just minutes and there were lining up of two Linea and two Punto for the delivery. So, probably they are right in saying that much no. of sales per month.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:48   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats in advance
Any family buying a second car which is already in their garage is a big achievement for any company.
Wasnt your brother interested in some other sedan before?
Hope we would get the snaps on this thread itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
if the Linea is on the radar of people buying new cars or they still have to be told about the existance of a car called Linea
Fiat people are leaving no stone unturned now to make people know that a car "Linea" exits and creatures driving it "Lineans" too.
Full page adverts and TV ads are coming on so many channels and they are hitting the nail at the right place highlinghting the awesome key fob and 15000 kms service interval. This has started after Punto hype has gone down.

Now, whoever comes to me asks how is the car and how is service of tata-fiat, also tells me he is seeing good nos of Linea on road? People now dont oggle at the car like they did in April.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 24th September 2009 at 15:54.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:49   #177
Senior - BHPian

Arey Wah! 2 Linea's in your family. Were you instrumental in him buying the car? Just want to know if the Linea is on the radar of people buying new cars or they still have to be told about the existance of a car called Linea .
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 15:55   #178
BANNED

Dr Amit

Congrats !! Now when I come to Ahmedabad (eager, eager, most eagerly awaiting it, long time, couldn't even come in Navaratri ), I'll have to make sure to have a dekko at 2 Linea's in parking garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Arey Wah! 2 Linea's in your family. Were you instrumental in him buying the car? Just want to know if the Linea is on the radar of people buying new cars or they still have to be told about the existance of a car called Linea .
I think so. If I remember correctly, Dr Amit was already instrumental in one of his clients buying a Linea.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 16:06   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Sam,
I am surprised a lot by your observation as now we see more and more Linea on road in Ahmedabad. In fact, when we booked a new Linea yesterday at Aspi, there were total 5 Linea E+ MJD booked at the same time! I am witness of that and its very difficult to get E+ before Sept end. One E version was there in the show room and in front of us it was sold in just minutes and there were lining up of two Linea and two Punto for the delivery. So, probably they are right in saying that much no. of sales per month.
.... Must be one of those off days for Linea's then

Good to know that Linea's are making their presence felt on Ahmedabad roads. Regarding the high no of sales at Aspi, am curious to know how many are for Ahmedabad city and how many for the nearby area? FIAT should think about more dealers in other nearby districts as well.

I was informed @ Aspi that good amount of sales are taking place for the Army (defence) canteen also - soldiers need tough cars, eh !!

Cheers, Sam
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 16:07   #180
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Dr Amit

Congrats !! Now when I come to Ahmedabad (eager, eager, most eagerly awaiting it, long time, couldn't even come in Navaratri ), I'll have to make sure to have a dekko at 2 Linea's in parking garage
VP, i live just across the street from Dr Amit. Do let me know when you are planning to come, we'll have a tbhp ahmedabad meet (mini one ofcourse)
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote