Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th September 2009, 16:11   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
VP, i live just across the street from Dr Amit. Do let me know when you are planning to come, we'll have a tbhp ahmedabad meet (mini one ofcourse)
..that would be TBHP Linea @ Ahmedabad meet. Hey, that gives an idea; why not a Lineans' meet at Ahmedabad??

Cheers, Sam
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 16:22   #182
BANNED

Quote:
VP, i live just across the street from Dr Amit. Do let me know when you are planning to come, we'll have a tbhp ahmedabad meet (mini one ofcourse)
Great. Done deal then.
My daughter is crazy about Navaratri & having been crazy myself a few years back, there is no better place than Ahmedabad (except Baroda ). Hence, We were discussing it yday night only that its long since we've been to Ahmedabad & its time now. I've a huge friend-group there as well. I'll have to quickly figure out an excuse to pay a visit.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 16:25   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Great. Done deal then.
My daughter is crazy about Navaratri & having been crazy myself a few years back, there is no better place than Ahmedabad (except Baroda ). Hence, We were discussing it yday night only that its long since we've been to Ahmedabad & its time now. I've a huge friend-group there as well. I'll have to quickly figure out an excuse to pay a visit.
Hey, you are welcome to Baroda as well. The styles are different here from Mumbai as you must be well aware.

Cheers, Sam
Old 24th September 2009, 16:31   #184
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
..that would be TBHP Linea @ Ahmedabad meet. Hey, that gives an idea; why not a Lineans' meet at Ahmedabad??

Cheers, Sam
Quote:
Great. Done deal then.
Sounds like a great idea. Lets do it. I've PM'd my number to both of you.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 19:02   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats in advance
Any family buying a second car which is already in their garage is a big achievement for any company. Wasnt your brother interested in some other sedan before? Hope we would get the snaps on this thread itself.
Thanks Rajat. I have asked my brother-in-law to start a new thread of his ownership. He is just trying to register himself at t-bhp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Arey Wah! 2 Linea's in your family. Were you instrumental in him buying the car? Just want to know if the Linea is on the radar of people buying new cars or they still have to be told about the existance of a car called Linea
Yes and No! He already has Feb 2009 Corolla Altis, March 2009 Dzire, April 2009 SX4 and Oct 2008 Verna petrol. He started looking for a car between 1-15 lakhs and Civic, Accord, Sonata were big No No so he narrowed down on ANHC and Linea. I was clear that I have a biased opinion in f/o Linea so better I keep mum. There was utter confusion and he baught some auto megs and final verdict was Linea over ANHC. He already had NHC and recently sold and was very happy with the same. He went for TD of all cars and finally asked me what to do! I left on him and finally he decided for Linea MJD E+. All payment done and now eagerly waiting for the new Linea in the family.
Quote:
Dr Amit Congrats !! Now when I come to Ahmedabad (eager, eager, most eagerly awaiting it, long time, couldn't even come in Navaratri ), I'll have to make sure to have a dekko at 2 Linea's in parking garage. I think so. If I remember correctly, Dr Amit was already instrumental in one of his clients buying a Linea.
Quote:
Great. Done deal then. My daughter is crazy about Navaratri & having been crazy myself a few years back, there is no better place than Ahmedabad (except Baroda ). Hence, We were discussing it yday night only that its long since we've been to Ahmedabad & its time now. I've a huge friend-group there as well. I'll have to quickly figure out an excuse to pay a visit.
Yes, you are right. Two of my clients have gone for Linea and third one has booked just today!
You are most welcome to your own 'Aapnu Amdavad'. We will be more than happy to meet and share our experiences. I am not in town between 20-23 Oct 2009, so plan visit accordingly.
Quote:
Yes, whay not? I have already PM to you all.
The second Linea is not going to be there always as my brother-in-law resides at Dahod, 200 Kms away from Ahmedabad.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 19:11   #186
BHPian

By the by, any petrol Lineas around Ahmedabad or its all diesels....
Old 25th September 2009, 10:29   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Yes and No! He already has Feb 2009 Corolla Altis, March 2009 Dzire, April 2009 SX4 and Oct 2008 Verna petrol. He started looking for a car between 1-15 lakhs
I didn't know that there are people who buys cars as monthly grocery
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 11:44   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
+1. Had the exact same thoughts. I have 9 laptops and looking at a new netbook and get the same comments.

Very interesting choice of cars though!
aarenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 12:24   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
+1. Had the exact same thoughts. I have 9 laptops and looking at a new netbook and get the same comments. Very interesting choice of cars though!
Quote:
Yes and No! He already has Feb 2009 Corolla Altis, March 2009 Dzire, April 2009 SX4 and Oct 2008 Verna petrol.
Its my mistake! I should have written, 'He already has...in the family' as all cars are driven by different people.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:59   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Its my mistake! I should have written, 'He already has...in the family' as all cars are driven by different people.
That explains it Dr... Phew - I hope no IT guys are following this forum; this explanation should let them off...

I can understand cars but could not understand aarenes comment about owning 9 laptops... and going for more. I also hope it is within an extended family..

Cheers, Sam
Old 30th September 2009, 13:00   #191
BHPian

Default The New Linea Arrived - Earlier than expected!

So, the second Linea in the family has come. My brother-in-law is going to start a new ownership thread in a day or two. Right now he is busy exploring his Linea! And, kudos to Fiat India as they delivered the Linea in flat 3 days as per their promise to deliver before 30/09/2009. In fact it arrived on 27th evening itself.
Old 7th October 2009, 18:07   #192
BHPian

Default Linea Owner Meeting At Ahmedabad - Great Gesture from Aspi

It all started with Amit(VP)'s posting and request to have a Linea owner meet at Ahmedabad. Now Amit is visiting some time in Nov 2009 and we decided to have a small meet at Ahmedabad. This move was boosted with Samer's PM that he is visiting A'bad on 09/10/2009 and we should meet for a cup of tea or coffee. Other t-bhpian and Lineans were contacted(JRD, Xplora) and non t-bhpian Lineans were also informed. A small group of Lineans formed and finally decided to meet on 09/10/2009.
Here the story takes a strange, pleasant turn. I contacted the GM(CS) Mr. Harjitsinghji at Aspi Motors to inform about this meet, he showed great interest and wished us all the best. And, just in 10 minutes he called me back informing that he already had talk with the MD of the company Mr. Vijaybhai and Aspi Motors is hosting Linea Owners meet at Vishala - The authentic five star village restaurant - as a good gesture to Linea owners from Aspi Motors. Frankly speaking we all are clean bowled by this customer friendly move from Aspi Motors. This shows how serious they are to keep relations with customers post sales also and some Linea owners have not purchased Linea from them!
We all are eagerly waiting to meet, probably the first of is kind here!
Old 7th October 2009, 18:25   #193
Senior - BHPian

Great gesture by the Fiat dealer. You guys are lucky to have Aspi.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 19:54   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post

I can understand cars but could not understand aarenes comment about owning 9 laptops... and going for more. I also hope it is within an extended family..
@sam - yeah, over the last 3 years, I start with the laptops. Actually, both me and my wife (she freelances). Then they are given out in the extended family. My kid (5 yrs) has her own 2 yr old HP for entertainment and learning. My 3 other brothers and sister-in-law as well inherit the others.

If you see, at the end of the 3 years, practically each laptop needs to be replaced as hunger for power increases!!!

The lappys along with NAS, wireless print server, 2 wifi routers etc - we complete the mayhem.

Cheers
aarenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 01:54   #195
BANNED

Dr Amit

Aspi is great. That kinda gesture go a long way in creating the relationship.

I wonder how I did not know about this dealer earlier. I know Fiat had tej Motors earlier. I also know Tata dealers Cargo, Swati & 1 more (forgot the name-started with R).

Does this Aspi Universal has anything common / related to Universal Honda (Two Wheeler dealership) located at Khanpur?
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote