Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th October 2009, 11:46   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Dr Amit

Aspi is great. That kinda gesture go a long way in creating the relationship.

I wonder how I did not know about this dealer earlier. I know Fiat had tej Motors earlier. I also know Tata dealers Cargo, Swati & 1 more (forgot the name-started with R).

Does this Aspi Universal has anything common / related to Universal Honda (Two Wheeler dealership) located at Khanpur?
Tej Motors did good business in era of Uno-S, but they were not good at customer service and faced the music much before Fiat faced it!
There was one Ruby Motors, which shut down the shop in 2002. Now there is Cargo, Swati and Aspi. Originally Aspi was Fiat dealer and then left the busines. Again they came out with TATA dealership and now is grown to a big name in automobiles in Gujarat.
No, they are not associated with two wheeler business.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 12:03   #197
BHPian

So finally how many are meeting up ? tbhpians + the non ?.. ...

Any clue on how many Lineas are actually sold in Ahmedabad till date ?
-xplora- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 11:35   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
It all started with Amit(VP)'s posting and request to have a Linea owner meet at Ahmedabad. Now Amit is visiting some time in Nov 2009 and we decided to have a small meet at Ahmedabad. --------We all are eagerly waiting to meet, probably the first of is kind here!
So finally we had a good meeting with other Linea owners and t-bhpians at Vishala yesterday afternoon. Xplora already started a new thread under 'T-BHP meet section' and Sameer posted some pics also. Do not know how that thread disappeared. It was a good get to gather, courtesy - Aspi Motors -. We will try to post detail here if mods permit.
Old 10th October 2009, 15:52   #199
BANNED

Doc, JRD has already posted some pics of your meet at vishala, so i guess you can continue over that thread as well if mods permit with some more pictures if you have.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 19:30   #200
BHPian

Default Ahmedabad T-BHP-LINEA MEET

Hi! Everyone! JRD has posted few pics of pur meet at his thread. Please visit http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1525048 (Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report)
Old 10th October 2009, 23:18   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Hi! Everyone! JRD has posted few pics of pur meet at his thread. Please visit http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1525048 (Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report)
Hi from Dubai.

The thread -xplora- started got lost somewhere. Had uploaded pics yesterday night - all bleary eyed , only to loose the entire thread.

I think the mods / admin may have removed it. Wonder if it will get restored. I am adding them again in JRD's thread. Check them out. A very good meeting it was yesterday.

Of the topic - have hired a Lexus to travel to Abu Dhabi & back tomorrow. look forward to it.

cheers, Sameer
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 13:02   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Hi from Dubai.

The thread -xplora- started got lost somewhere. Had uploaded pics yesterday night - all bleary eyed , only to loose the entire thread.

I think the mods / admin may have removed it. Wonder if it will get restored. I am adding them again in JRD's thread. Check them out. A very good meeting it was yesterday.

Of the topic - have hired a Lexus to travel to Abu Dhabi & back tomorrow. look forward to it.

cheers, Sameer
Well, its one of those "read between the line" policies of Tbhp, not to have "car-specific meet" threads, you can have "city-specific" meet threads though. Hence it was removed.

Anyway it was great to meet up and the pics are excellent, will post mine soon.

Cheers.
-xplora- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2010, 01:20   #203

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
well i for one would not trust any of these guys for the break in procedure.What happens if something goes wrong.Its your money.these sites or authers of these articles will not give you a single penny as compensation.

the manufacturing companies are not fools.they spend millions of dollars researching these things.Moreover rebuilding an engine in a place like USA is very very cheap.even cars are way cheaper than here.so they have little to loose.I cannot understand how a person can put his lakhs of hard earned rupees at stake on the saying of these so called experts who don't even have a workshop of their own,let alone a manufacturing unit.
If they are that good why doesn't a company hire them for thousands of dollars.lol.why are they sitting idle posting stupid articles.lol.
Hi, for your info mototuneusa are a top notch racing team with a lot of top wins against the best. Their website has become legend for all those who were not conversant with matters technical.

Anyway even if you don't believe them its your prerogative. As a Yamaha factory tuner for 14 years believe me. I have worked with new engines by the dozen and rebuilt engines in the hundreds, the factories do take your engine and every engine to the limit on the dyno before it is passed. Having a racing team I have broken in too many engines to count plus half a dozen new cars to tell you that glazing is a real problem. I have also trained many reboring shops to hone cylinder liners correctly. No car or bike (in stock form has passed us ).

Just a few pointers I follow here:

1. I do not use anything other than normal petrol for the first 10000 kms(one tankful of power only to help clean the injectors at 5000km) Additives and friction modifiers in Premium and Power can working against the running in process. No sustained runs at more than 2/3 rds of the redline on the tach.

2. Oil change at 1000km to get rid of any metal contamination which normally sits at the bottom of the sump out of the way. After market magnetized drain bolts are available abroad but we have to wait another couple of decades I think!Sustained high speed running okay after this point but preferably only for a couple of minutes at a time. After 1500km I red line it whenever I feel like it.

3. Synthetic engine oil only 10000.
Certain cars which always start with synthetic already in the showroom have their engine liners already lapped to a smoother finish where the hills of the crosshatch(the finish on the cylinder liner) in a higher state of run in. To those that have Nickasil coated liners in their cylinders their cast iron/steel rings still have to break in.

Among tuners everywhere we have a saying break it in slow and it's slow. Its not about speed alone but efficiency which in turn will give me FE too.
tectrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 02:51   #204
BHPian

@tectrac: Good points raised. I'm a marine engg' by profession and have also studied about these things. And although our ship board engines are different in the way of operation but the basics are still the same everywhere. Extreme break in does not figure in any engineering logic.
firstguri is offline   Reply With Quote