Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th June 2009, 14:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

Dr. Amit,

Good that your dealer allowed you to stand with your car when its getting serviced as some dont allow it.
So, it was a nice experience overall glad to know that. It seems your dealer's professionalism levels are quite high as he was following the checklist etc.

Some early Linea reviewers have totally vanished from TBHP, SSN (has come back now), ntranced and vancity are gayab come back guys we need Long term reviews from you now.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 15:00   #107
Senior - BHPian

welcome back nehamit,

so are you taking pains to maintain your black beauty?.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 12:23   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Dr Amit

Today morning only I was just thinking that long time there is no post from you & here you are. Congrats on experience of long trip in Linea. 2.5 hours for the entire service is pretty quick & Universal seems to be a top dealer. You are fortunate to observe every service aspect yourself. Was keen to knowhow she performed on uphill ride to Mount Abu had you taken her to Abu from Srinathji
Yes, It was really a very comfortable journey and Linea managed very well on curves etc. In fact, probably for the first time after I learned driving that I was comfortable at all sharp curves. I have driven many cars from almost all manufacturers here in India as well as UK and USA, and I admit honestly that Linea has one of the best road grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Dr. Amit,

Good that your dealer allowed you to stand with your car when its getting serviced as some dont allow it.
So, it was a nice experience overall glad to know that. It seems your dealer's professionalism levels are quite high as he was following the checklist etc.

Some early Linea reviewers have totally vanished from TBHP, SSN (has come back now), ntranced and vancity are gayab come back guys we need Long term reviews from you now.
Thanks for your well wishes. My dealer Universal Aspi is No.1 in internal JRD survey of all TATA dealers in western region.
I had a rattling sound from Rt. side front door panel, which was rectified by changing the broken plastic screw and the sound disappeared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
welcome back nehamit,

so are you taking pains to maintain your black beauty?.
Yes, I personally look for it when my servant cleans it.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 18:12   #109
BHPian

Default Latest Issues with my Linea MJD E+

So, once again I am here at tbhp with latest developments. I was trying to locate a thread where I can put everything together, but as Vahanpujari(Amit) mentioned in one of the thread, the best place to post ownership experience is one's own thread and so posting here!
  1. Blue&Me voice recognition problem is still there. The system recognizes '2' and '7' as '0' only. I was irritated a little bit when a surveyor from Fiat told me that this is a foreign system and fails to recognize Indian accent. I told him that you are selling the car in India and should provide the proper solution. I have escalated this problem to local TATA-FIAT executive. Let's wait! Today I tried to use vouce dialing with Blue&Me in 4 Lineas at dealer's place and sadly, the same isue was there also. Anyone of Linea owners experiencing the same problem with Blue&Me?
  2. The wheel alignment done at the time of first service was wrong and my Linea was deviating to right side and also the steering wheel was misaligned. Today I took my Linea to my dealer again(Aspi Motors, Ahmedabad) where a dedicated 'diagnostic expert' executive inspected my Linea and rectified the problem within 10 minutes. The alignment done at the time of first service was wrong.
  3. I was wondering why chrome strips are falling of from my fellow owners and to my great surprise, the rear chrome strip attached below the right quarter glass fall of yesterday only! Thanks to Amit(VP), fevibond did the work! I immediately lodged a complaint with Aspi Motors and they informed about other similar incidents in various Lineas, which they have communicated with FIAT.
  4. The driver seat height adjustment mechanism is faulty and every time I raise it to the highest level, drive for about 10 minutes and it goes down on its own. This isue is also pending as the local TATA-FIAT official is verifying this on his own.
  5. Headlight 'high beam' adjustment done at service center is not proper and left side beam is too low. Probably 'll have to do this on my own.
I request all initial Linea owners to comment and guide.

Last edited by nehamit : 16th June 2009 at 18:14. Reason: minor corrections
Old 16th June 2009, 18:22   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
So, once again I am here at tbhp with latest developments. I was trying to locate a thread where I can put everything together, but as Vahanpujari(Amit) mentioned in one of the thread, the best place to post ownership experience is one's own thread and so posting here!
  1. Blue&Me voice recognition problem is still there. The system recognizes '2' and '7' as '0' only. I was irritated a little bit when a surveyor from Fiat told me that this is a foreign system and fails to recognize Indian accent. I told him that you are selling the car in India and should provide the proper solution. I have escalated this problem to local TATA-FIAT executive. Let's wait! Today I tried to use vouce dialing with Blue&Me in 4 Lineas at dealer's place and sadly, the same isue was there also. Anyone of Linea owners experiencing the same problem with Blue&Me?
  2. The wheel alignment done at the time of first service was wrong and my Linea was deviating to right side and also the steering wheel was misaligned. Today I took my Linea to my dealer again(Aspi Motors, Ahmedabad) where a dedicated 'diagnostic expert' executive inspected my Linea and rectified the problem within 10 minutes. The alignment done at the time of first service was wrong.
  3. I was wondering why chrome strips are falling of from my fellow owners and to my great surprise, the rear chrome strip attached below the right quarter glass fall of yesterday only! Thanks to Amit(VP), fevibond did the work! I immediately lodged a complaint with Aspi Motors and they informed about other similar incidents in various Lineas, which they have communicated with FIAT.
  4. The driver seat height adjustment mechanism is faulty and every time I raise it to the highest level, drive for about 10 minutes and it goes down on its own. This isue is also pending as the local TATA-FIAT official is verifying this on his own.
  5. Headlight 'high beam' adjustment done at service center is not proper and left side beam is too low. Probably 'll have to do this on my own.
I request all initial Linea owners to comment and guide.
I have same problem with voice recognition of Blue & ME. YEsterday i was dialling a number that had 98205 in the beginning. every time it took it as 98005 . i thought is is taking Two Zero as 2 zeroes and dialing 0 0 . Now i think it is a common problem with 2.

Regarding the Beam adjustment , you can set it to levels 1 , 2 0r 3 by pressing the beam adjustment button on the right side of the steering wheel next to the Menu button.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 18:27   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
I have same problem with voice recognition of Blue & ME. YEsterday i was dialling a number that had 98205 in the beginning. every time it took it as 98005 . i thought is is taking Two Zero as 2 zeroes and dialing 0 0 . Now i think it is a common problem with 2.

Regarding the Beam adjustment , you can set it to levels 1 , 2 0r 3 by pressing the beam adjustment button on the right side of the steering wheel next to the Menu button.
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried that also, but its for minor adjustment only. For it to work, we must have proper alignment of the headlights which is possible at service station only as they have headlight adjuster machine. In my case, after adjusting with this machine also, the beam from left side is abnormal.
Old 16th June 2009, 18:54   #112
Senior - BHPian

Hello Amit,
I specially went down to check Blue n me with my car as i hardly use voice recognition and just use controls on steering to call anyone.

Went there and tried with no (01278) 3 times, each time the car picked it up correctly. I have also recorded it in my mobile, if you wish i will send the clip. I hardly ever used digit dialing system and never did it trouble me, today also it didnt confuse 2 and 7 with zero.

I also face the seat heigh adjuster issue and fiat should do something about it and change the mechanism and replace ours. We cant keep pullin it up everyday.
Chrome strip is fine till now but am prepared to refix it and fevi bond is ready with me

I find high beam quite good and dont think mine has a alignment problem, you should get it checked and get the beams levelled correctly.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 22:14   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now i think it is a common problem with 2.
Yes many times it has messed up the number 2 for me too. But 7 works correct for me. I have tried pronouncing two in various accents too but still it doesnt recognise always it ends up as zero. All other numbers are ok.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 23:39   #114
BANNED

Quote:
  1. Blue&Me voice recognition problem is still there. The system recognizes '2' and '7' as '0' only. Anyone of Linea owners experiencing the same problem with Blue&Me?
I'm not using Voice Recognition at all except for stopping Media Player even that happens only after 7-8 tries. The reasons are - 1) It takes too much time - more than what it takes manually, & 2) Somehow its not recognising my voice accent - only 25% of times it works.
Quote:
The wheel alignment done at the time of first service was wrong and my Linea was deviating to right side and also the steering wheel was misaligned. Today I took my Linea to my dealer again(Aspi Motors, Ahmedabad) where a dedicated 'diagnostic expert' executive inspected my Linea and rectified the problem within 10 minutes. The alignment done at the time of first service was wrong.
Same issue was there in my car when I took the delivery. Dealership guys tried hard & said its alright & its allowable difference, even Alignment m/c is not recognising the diff. I insisted. They could correct it after great difficulties after 2-3 tries.
Quote:
I was wondering why chrome strips are falling of from my fellow owners and to my great surprise, the rear chrome strip attached below the right quarter glass fall of yesterday only! Thanks to Amit(VP), fevibond did the work! I immediately lodged a complaint with Aspi Motors and they informed about other similar incidents in various Lineas, which they have communicated with FIAT.
FIAT says they've got the solution but Deaers do not seem to have the glue required.
Quote:
The driver seat height adjustment mechanism is faulty and every time I raise it to the highest level, drive for about 10 minutes and it goes down on its own. This isue is also pending as the local TATA-FIAT official is verifying this on his own.
My seat also goes down but strangly. Sometimes it takes 2-3 days to down & sometimes on the same day in 2-3 hours. FIAT says they received complaints but when tried to diaognise with a custmer car, problems didn't occur even after driving a car for 80 kms on bumpy rides & then even keeping the car overnight to check in morning. They found that may be customers leg/ thigh is touching the adjustment lever while coming in or moving out of the car. I was requested to observe it & since in my car it does not always necessarily goes down in a specific/ short time, I was also doubtful if I'm touching it. Well, I checked last 2 days. On Sunday & Monday it didn't come down. Today, it came down when I was coming back home (2 hour drive) but then I stopped in between & came out, forgot to check whether I happened to touch the lever. i was told that FIAT has tried every possible combination to check whether it comes down and is still checking.
BTW, Do you all know that there are 12 strokes from fully upward position to fully downward position or vice versa?
Quote:
Headlight 'high beam' adjustment done at service center is not proper and left side beam is too low. Probably 'll have to do this on my own.
In my car High Beam is alright, Low beam I feel is lower. asked the service station to get it done in 1st service. I think they have not done it & it was getting late as I had a long day there so did not bother
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 10:22   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
[/list]I'm not using Voice Recognition at all except for stopping Media Player even that happens only after 7-8 tries. The reasons are - 1) It takes too much time - more than what it takes manually, & 2) Somehow its not recognising my voice accent - only 25% of times it works.
My seat also goes down but strangly. Sometimes it takes 2-3 days to down & sometimes on the same day in 2-3 hours. FIAT says they received complaints but when tried to diaognise with a custmer car, problems didn't occur even after driving a car for 80 kms on bumpy rides & then even keeping the car overnight to check in morning. They found that may be customers leg/ thigh is touching the adjustment lever while coming in or moving out of the car. I was requested to observe it & since in my car it does not always necessarily goes down in a specific/ short time, I was also doubtful if I'm touching it. Well, I checked last 2 days. On Sunday & Monday it didn't come down. Today, it came down when I was coming back home (2 hour drive) but then I stopped in between & came out, forgot to check whether I happened to touch the lever. i was told that FIAT has tried every possible combination to check whether it comes down and is still checking.
BTW, Do you all know that there are 12 strokes from fully upward position to fully downward position or vice versa?

In my car High Beam is alright, Low beam I feel is lower. asked the service station to get it done in 1st service. I think they have not done it & it was getting late as I had a long day there so did not bother
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Hello Amit,
I specially went down to check Blue n me with my car as i hardly use voice recognition and just use controls on steering to call anyone.

Went there and tried with no (01278) 3 times, each time the car picked it up correctly. I have also recorded it in my mobile, if you wish i will send the clip. I hardly ever used digit dialing system and never did it trouble me, today also it didnt confuse 2 and 7 with zero.

I also face the seat heigh adjuster issue and fiat should do something about it and change the mechanism and replace ours. We cant keep pullin it up everyday.
I find high beam quite good and dont think mine has a alignment problem, you should get it checked and get the beams levelled correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Yes many times it has messed up the number 2 for me too. But 7 works correct for me. I have tried pronouncing two in various accents too but still it doesnt recognise always it ends up as zero. All other numbers are ok.
Dear Amit, Ashwin, CB007,
Thanks a lot for taking pain to check your system and feedback. I too hardly use Blue&Me for voice dialing, but definitely looking to use it extensively if it starts behaving friendly! Here I would like to add one more fact. I had a number of guests from USA, UK and Spain, who were travelers to India and not of Indian origin and their accent was also not recognized by Blue&Me as far as digit recognition is concerned.
I checked the seat height adjuster system thoroughly before lodging an official complaint and convinced that it is faulty, whatever FIAT claims. I too counted the number of strokes to increase or decrease the height and 'm very careful while getting in or out not to touch the height adjuster liver.
I am going to check this today in my friend's Linea also.
Old 17th June 2009, 11:58   #116
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
[*]The wheel alignment done at the time of first service was wrong and my Linea was deviating to right side and also the steering wheel was misaligned. Today I took my Linea to my dealer again(Aspi Motors, Ahmedabad) where a dedicated 'diagnostic expert' executive inspected my Linea and rectified the problem within 10 minutes. The alignment done at the time of first service was wrong.[*]I was wondering why chrome strips are falling of from my fellow owners and to my great surprise, the rear chrome strip attached below the right quarter glass fall of yesterday only! Thanks to Amit(VP), fevibond did the work! I immediately lodged a complaint with Aspi Motors and they informed about other similar incidents in various Lineas, which they have communicated with FIAT.[*]The driver seat height adjustment mechanism is faulty and every time I raise it to the highest level, drive for about 10 minutes and it goes down on its own. This isue is also pending as the local TATA-FIAT official is verifying this on his own.[*]Headlight 'high beam' adjustment done at service center is not proper and left side beam is too low. Probably 'll have to do this on my own.[/list]I request all initial Linea owners to comment and guide.
Alignment:
Finally some one with a similar issue. Amit (DR) I had constant Alignment issues and still the car is deviating to the left + misaligned steering wheel as well as low grip at higher speeds. I want to see if the alignment is different in both our cars. Ive Pm'd you my number, lets meet over the weekend if possible.

Music system is acting odd. I turn my car off with the CD playing. When I start the car up again the radio is on with "alarm" written while in the MID display it still shows CD track 8 or whatever playing. when i change the track cd starts playing again.

Seat adjustment was a issue earlier but have got used to it now. But i still feel it goes down eventually.

A pillar creaking and glove box lock rattle still there.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 11:06   #117
BHPian

Default Important Blue&Me Update available at Fiat-Italy

I just came across these posts having information on Blue&Me firmware update at Fiat Italy site. If you are using the latest iphone or ipod, this is useful. I do not know about its applicability in our Lineas.
  1. The Automotive 5.4 Firmware Upgrade and Blue&ME adaptor review - The FIAT Forum
  2. Blue&Me Update soon?! - The FIAT Forum
Old 10th July 2009, 10:03   #118
BHPian

Default 15000 Km Service & Spareparts Prices

One of my friend's flamingo red MJD E+ has just finished the mark of 15000 Kms and went for service on 03/07/2009. As this was the first Linea for 15000 Kms. service, various issues were experienced by my friend. Let me clear one thing, my Linea is still far away from 15000 Kms mark but as my friend, also a t-bhp member is very lazy to post on the forum and has asked me to update!
Engine oil is to be replaced at this time. Now the system has only 5 litres packing and actual requirement is just 3.2 litres of engine oil, so my friend had to pay for the 5 liters of oil which is at Rs.650/liter, almost Rs.1100 for that 1.8 liter of oil which is going to be in his stockyard without any use. Also the fuel filter was charged at Rs.2500, where as the web site spare parts price comparision has mentioned Rs.1000. My friend has written to the Fiat, but still no solution. Here is the copied transcript of email exchage between my friend and Fiat. I have removed names from the headers:
  1. Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 10:17 AM
    To: Service
    Cc:
    Subject: Fuel filter

Dear Mr. M****

I am a proud owner of MJD Linea Emotion PK. bought on 25th March. Recently i went for 15000km service at Aspi Cars Ahmedabad. They have changed Filtering Element ( part no 59064471, packed on 16.6.2009, MRP Rs 2479.18). On your website you have mentioned cost as s 1000 ( and compared with all other cars ). At dealership they showed me a Fuel Filter costing Rs 1000 but they said that this will not fit your car.I feel there is some misunderstanding somewhere. Fiat can your represent something on website and charge something else. ( considering all expense for service Linea will cost Rs 7000 for a 15000km service.

Please look in the matter. Correct the webiste or correct the price of Fuel Filter ( Linea gives an average of 16km/lt , 937 litres of Diesel for 15000 km. Rs 2500 for 937 litres of diesel, cost to filter per litre is Rs 2.65 )

Thanks
  2. From: Service

To:

Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 12:08 PM

Subject: RE: Fuel filter

Dear Sir

Thank you for your communication & query raised on the pricing of Fuel filter for Line Diesel, we are requesting our parts department to up date on subject, we will get back to you shortly, till then please bear with us,

Thanking you for your cooperation & assuring you of our best services at all times.

With warm regards,

M**********
    Customer Services
    Fiat India
    B-19 MIDC
    Ranjangaon
    Pune 412210
  3. Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 4:21 PM
    To: Service
    Subject: Re: Fuel filter
    Importance: High

Dear M******

When will i hear from Fiat ?
  4. From: Service
    To:
    Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 2:15 PM
    Subject: FW: Fuel filter

Dear Sir,

We had referred your concerns/feedback to our parts department for immediate attention, we have revived update on the subject that the price for fuel filter diesel Linea will shortly be revised & will more cost effective, this will get applicable shortly ( August), during your next visit you will see a major difference in the pricing of Fuel filter.

We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanking you for your cooperation & assuring you of our best services at all times.

With warm regards,

M************
    Customer Services
    Fiat India
    B-19 MIDC
    Ranjangaon
    Pune 412210
I feel, Fiat is doing perfect but still lacking some co-ordination at TATA level as all service part is being looked after by TATA.
And yes, my friend, who is also a doctor by profession is a very proud owner of Linea and in fact going for Fiat Punto also.
I did not see any point in starting a separate thread as this is purely a matter related to Linea owners on t-bhp.

Last edited by nehamit : 10th July 2009 at 10:10.
Old 10th July 2009, 10:10   #119
BHPian

more scary stories for me now that i have placed an order for linea diesel. :(
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 10:25   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
more scary stories for me now that i have placed an order for linea diesel. :(
Dear Sushubh,
No, this is not to scare but to draw the attention that Fiat is doing very hard work to see that Linea owners are happy. I posted this to show that there are proud Linea owners not coming up on t-bhp and driven their beauty to more than 15000 Kms.
Wishing you the best for your Linea.
Just do not worry, Enjoy your Linea!

Last edited by nehamit : 10th July 2009 at 10:32.