Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 10:27   #121
BHPian
 
Sushubh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 138
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

ah well. i am days away from getting my own.

i have read some good stories about the service center operated by ABS Motors (here in gurgaon). and not so good stories about the other dealer (Dhingra).

let's see how the experience goes.

i am just hoping that i get used to the useless and painful dead pedal which was a major hinderance during test drives. it's a shame that fiat did not design it as a removable part.

about the blueandme firmware update... it would be interesting to see how that is handled by fiat/tata dealers in india. if it is indeed offered here.

looks like automotive engineers would soon start to learn updating microsoft powered software products.

Last edited by Sushubh : 10th July 2009 at 10:30.
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 10:34   #122
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I think test drive cars are dec'08/jan'09 manufacture.
I also remember notiicing the inconvenient dead-pedal during testdrive.

But I think they have changed the design of the dead pedal in later cars. I don't have any problems with it in my car now. Infact When my sales rep drove my car during delivery he said the dead pedal seems changed from what he's used to in the Test-drive car.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
i am just hoping that i get used to the useless and painful dead pedal which was a major hinderance during test drives. it's a shame that fiat did not design it as a removable part.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 10:41   #123
BHPian
 
Sushubh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 138
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

my experience has been weird. the test car i drove and the car i checked inside the showroom seems to have the same dead pedal problem with my massive foot ( ).
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 10:48   #124
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@sushubh, check with an about-to-be-delivered car.
Showroom display/Test-drive cars are all first-lot manufacture.

Also mine is a petrol, while the test-drive car was a diesel. I don't know if that is the reason for a different dead-pedal?

Anyways, go checkout all these things if you have the time.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 10:50   #125
BHPian
 
Sushubh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 138
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

ah. alright.

i guess i would make a long list of things to check when i go to pickup the car.

should find a list somewhere on teambhp itself i hope!
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 10:51   #126
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Now the system has only 5 litres packing and actual requirement is just 3.2 litres of engine oil, so my friend had to pay for the 5 liters of oil which is at Rs.650/liter, almost Rs.1100 for that 1.8 liter of oil which is going to be in his stockyard without any use.
Am surprised that a good dealer like Aspi is talking so RUBBISH. Oil packs seem to be available in 1 Ltr pack. I distinctly remember geeash & Opendro changing engine oils - geeash got 3 Ltrs (as oil filter not changed) & Opendro i think got 4 Ltrs. Check geeash post in below link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1289604

geeash - if you're reading this -- I've a hunch now that the Engine oil Selenia WR 5W-40 you got changed is for Diesel MJD engine . read somewhere here that for Petrol engine its Selenia K & for Diesel engine its Selenia WR 5W-40. Am heading to Selenia site to check & will get back on your thread
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 10:57   #127
BHPian
 
nehamit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Am surprised that a good dealer like Aspi is talking so RUBBISH. Oil packs seem to be available in 1 Ltr pack. I distinctly remember geeash & Opendro changing engine oils - geeash got 3 Ltrs (as oil filter not changed) & Opendro i think got 4 Ltrs. Check geeash post in below link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1289604

geeash - if you're reading this -- I've a hunch now that the Engine oil Selenia WR 5W-40 you got changed is for Diesel MJD engine . read somewhere here that for Petrol engine its Selenia K & for Diesel engine its Selenia WR 5W-40. Am heading to Selenia site to check & will get back on your thread
I just checked with Aspi Motors and they confirmed that engine oil is in packing of 5 liters only. But after this incident, they have changed the software to calculate the oil quantity in milliliters, so no more hassle for any one.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 11:00   #128
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
I just checked with Aspi Motors and they confirmed that engine oil is in packing of 5 liters only. But after this incident, they have changed the software to calculate the oil quantity in milliliters, so no more hassle for any one.
Dr Amit

But see geeash post & the pics. The pics show 3 bottles of 1 ltr each of the same oil
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 11:06   #129
BHPian
 
Sushubh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 138
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

any linea owners have noticed that you can touch the steering wheel rod (which is surprisingly not covered) behind the dashboard just above the pedals?

i am 6 feet so i am not that tall... but i have noticed during the test rides that i could touch that rod! and it gets rather weird while driving if you have a driving posture like mine...
Sushubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 15:19   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,717
Thanked: 1,440 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
I just checked with Aspi Motors and they confirmed that engine oil is in packing of 5 liters only.
Whatever the service centre is doing now:

1. Charging more than double money for fuel filter than mentioned in their spare parts list is not acceptable.

2. At 2500 rs it will be one hell of an expensive fuel filter much more than any other car of C segment acc to Fiat's comparison chart itself. Rs 255 is mentioned for petrol fuel filter.

3. Engine oil is available in 1 litre cans, geeash has clicked pics of it too though sad part is they put in diesel oil in a petrol car.

4. Would highly appreciate if you can get a break up of 7000 rs service charge at 15000 kms service

For a diesel Linea it should be
Engine oil
650*3.2 = 2080

Oil filter = 372

Fuel filter= 1000

Air filter = 229

Total= 4141 including 12.5% tax (all rates taken other than engine oil from fiats spare part list). Your friend paid a full 2900 rs extra

For petrol Linea it should be 1000 rs less because oil filter and fuel filter are cheap.

When i go for 15000 kms service, am thinking of first asking prices from fiat and then cross checking with serv centre.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 15:52   #131
Senior - BHPian
 
neoonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 599 Times
Default

Guys, dont be soft with these dealers. Ask them in writing about why spares are costlier than mentioned by FIAT.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 15:46   #132
BHPian
 
nehamit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Whatever the service centre is doing now:

1. Charging more than double money for fuel filter than mentioned in their spare parts list is not acceptable.

2. At 2500 rs it will be one hell of an expensive fuel filter much more than any other car of C segment acc to Fiat's comparison chart itself. Rs 255 is mentioned for petrol fuel filter.

3. Engine oil is available in 1 litre cans, geeash has clicked pics of it too though sad part is they put in diesel oil in a petrol car.

4. Would highly appreciate if you can get a break up of 7000 rs service charge at 15000 kms service

For a diesel Linea it should be
Engine oil
650*3.2 = 2080

Oil filter = 372

Fuel filter= 1000

Air filter = 229

Total= 4141 including 12.5% tax (all rates taken other than engine oil from fiats spare part list). Your friend paid a full 2900 rs extra

For petrol Linea it should be 1000 rs less because oil filter and fuel filter are cheap.

When i go for 15000 kms service, am thinking of first asking prices from fiat and then cross checking with serv centre.
The total amount my friend paid includes 1.8 liter more of engine oil and also fuel filter is charged at Rs.2500, which comes to about Rs.6.5K.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 19:20   #133
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 608
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Where has FIAT published the spare parts pricing? If they have indeed given it out, then the dealer cannot overcharge in any way. This should be put forth to FIAT's and the dealers notice
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:34   #134
BHPian
 
nehamit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default Key Problem-Solved

Probably I am the first one with this issue on t-bhp Linea club!
We were visiting an engineering college campus last saturday on 18/07/2009, 18 Kms away from my home in Ahmedabad. I had simple(mechanical) key with me as I use it only in routine and I parked the Linea in parking lot. While returning, I was not able to open the door as key was moving in the lock in both the direction and nothing happened. I had to travel by rickshaw and I had to carry the 'remote' electronic key with me all the way back to college parking area where I had parked my Linea and door was opened with remote control.
Immediately I called the G.M.(Customer Service), Aspi Motors, Ahmedabad and fixed an appointment on 20/07/2009 afternoon. I was really amazed to see the professional approach of the mechanic, who found out the problem as 'connecting wire misplacement' and corrected the problem in just 45 minutes. Any other fellow Linea owners had such a problem? It was really difficult to travel all the way back to home by an auto and coming back while my family was waiting at the college. I have suggested to FIAT that there should be provision of opening the co-driver side door also. It was good that Remote control worked.
But one thing is sure, the service quality with my dealer is really superb and I am glad that the problem was rectified immediately.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:08   #135
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Dr Amit

I've never tried mechanical key at all till date. It promptly went into a closet.
But now I'll have to try it after your experience

Last edited by VahanPujari : 22nd July 2009 at 19:12.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swift VDI+ABS or Fiat Punto MJD or New Fabia 1.2 Diesel. Edit- Booked Fiat Punto MJD magnanimousdude Hatchbacks 59 27th October 2010 13:18
My flaming red Fiat Linea Emotion pack arrived at last thumpingbull Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 16 10th April 2010 00:06
Punto MJD Emotion Pack or Linea MJD Dynamic Pack atilla Hatchbacks 1 4th August 2009 14:16
Fiat Linea has arrived timj The Indian Car Scene 1084 10th February 2009 12:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks