Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th September 2009, 12:27   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
AFAIK the Delo 400 is definitely a mineral oil.
Anoop
Make some drive plans so that u can meet him and see what it is. For pics u will have to wait for months.
Shyam is known to take all pics in RAW form(even from his mobile) then processes it in photoshop to resize them.
For all you know Shyam might photoshop a normal can of oil to make it look like synthetic engine oil.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 10:46   #167
BHPian

I called up Raghav (Ignite), I guess the Chennai guys will know him better.
He said he doesnt personally deal with chevron, but has mentioned that the found delvac mx is much better than chevron delo.
Also found somewhere on the forum that the delo 400 is recommended for vehicles that run all day long (trucks etc), and that delo gold is preferred for cars.
Does anyone have a brief comparison between delvac and chevron delo 400?
Old 29th September 2009, 17:03   #168
Senior - BHPian

I cant write about the two you mention, but definitely between the stock Servo and Delvac MX! Ofcourse Delvac MX seems smoother, and the engine feels less harsher at high (read ~170 KMPH) RPMs
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 17:04   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I cant write about the two you mention, but definitely between the stock Servo and Delvac MX! Ofcourse Delvac MX seems smoother, and the engine feels less harsher at high (read ~170 KMPH) RPMs
In the case of Delo i think the lower rev sounds are lesser.
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 17:10   #170
BHPian

Quote:
You picked up the delvac from ignite right? How many litres, and how much per litre did it cost you?
Old 29th September 2009, 17:30   #171
BHPian

Delvac MX is CI-4 rated where as Chevron Delo 400 is CI-4PLUS rated.
Also, Delo 400 has higher detergent content compared to Delvac which is good for diesel engines.
So, technically, the Chevron Delo 400 should be better.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 14:38   #172
BHPian

Hi guys,
Another change in the setup of my vehicle. Am now sporting continental CPC2 195/60 R-14 cost me 3900 a tyre . The grip in the dry is better than my older tyres and in the wet the grip seems even better :P .

Shyam

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Delvac MX is CI-4 rated where as Chevron Delo 400 is CI-4PLUS rated.
Also, Delo 400 has higher detergent content compared to Delvac which is good for diesel engines.
So, technically, the Chevron Delo 400 should be better.
Heard chevron is stopping India operations is that true?

(oops mods can u merge the two posts. And can you please change the title of my thread. I have done 21500km now and completed 3rd service)

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th October 2009 at 18:41. Reason: Please use Report post to get the mod team's attention. Thanks
Old 1st October 2009, 10:19   #173
BHPian

Shyam, when ya getting the alloys man?
bigmoose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 22:22   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoose85 View Post
Shyam, when ya getting the alloys man?
Collecting VitaMON very soon coming up
Old 18th November 2009, 18:24   #175
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to drive Shyam's monster last weekend, and i must say, its simply mindblowing. The amount of torque this thing has is amazing. One thing i noticed is that the engine revs freely, almost like a petrol, and produces power all the way to the top.

The steering feels good, and the car grips well, thanks to the CPC2's, but push them a lil too much and they can squeal.

Another thing i noticed was the braking, its not as bad as its made out to be. Especially if one gets used to it. It is definitely not in the league of cars with ABS, but agaain, that would be expecting too much, wouldn't it? I sat in the car, as Shyam did a few powerlaps, and the thing stopped easily, and no locking whatsoever. All it needs is some engine braking, and not just stomping on the pedal so that the front dive is controlled.

My main problem driving the car was finding a good driving position, i think its coz of the seat covers though. Also, i felt i was sitting waaay higher than i do in my i20.

All in all, it simply is the best VFM performance car one can buy now!
Thanks for the TD shyam, will bring the i20 over next time!

Last edited by JayD : 18th November 2009 at 18:34.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 11:03   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Got a chance to drive Shyam's monster last weekend, and i must say, its simply mindblowing. The amount of torque this thing has is amazing. One thing i noticed is that the engine revs freely, almost like a petrol, and produces power all the way to the top.

The steering feels good, and the car grips well, thanks to the CPC2's, but push them a lil too much and they can squeal.

Another thing i noticed was the braking, its not as bad as its made out to be. Especially if one gets used to it. It is definitely not in the league of cars with ABS, but agaain, that would be expecting too much, wouldn't it? I sat in the car, as Shyam did a few powerlaps, and the thing stopped easily, and no locking whatsoever. All it needs is some engine braking, and not just stomping on the pedal so that the front dive is controlled.

My main problem driving the car was finding a good driving position, i think its coz of the seat covers though. Also, i felt i was sitting waaay higher than i do in my i20.

All in all, it simply is the best VFM performance car one can buy now!
Thanks for the TD shyam, will bring the i20 over next time!
thanks dude. Will surely wait for the i20 drive. As for the seating position well I don't like it either. It is not for guys who are 6 footers like me and it feels like a muv because of the seating position most of the times.
Old 19th November 2009, 19:18   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
That's a common complain JD, the seats mounted at an awkward height and you do feel like you're sitting on top of the car rather than in it.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 09:31   #178
BHPian

Default Complete 50,000 KMS :D

Well it is done guys my car has crossed 50000KM. Have enjoyed every km of the 50000KM. Quiet a few things have been done on the car so let me go about it one by one.

First the alloys: Bought a set of 4 wheels - ssw(stamford sport wheels) about 2 months back and have already lost one of the wheel caps

Then came a replacement under warranty - steering rack was replaced under warranty because there was a leak in the steering fluid.

Changes on the ICY front : Well i think i got bitten by the ICE bug. I first had the config described in my first post.

Initial setup:
- Pioneer 7950 Hu with 3 preouts
- Polk DB691 rear oval speakers with 100W rms output.
- JBL gt5 4 channel amp - 2 channels for the rear speakers and 2 more channels to drive the JBL 1000W sub.

Initial setup(basic setup):
- JBL gt5 4 channel amp - 2 channels for the rear speakers and 2 more channels to drive the JBL 1000W sub.

This setup was just for having the ICE in my car. I already had plans to buy a set of front components and another amp for the sub. Since all the speakers where at the back the sound quality was not all that gr8. Then mister mclaren introduced me to 2 words - SPL and SQ and slowly i learnt about the 2 of them and since i like music of good quality i wanted to go in for an SQ setup all along. Hence, came the next setup which was more of a few additions than anything else.

Next setup:
- Polk DB6501 front 6.5" components with 100W rms output.
- JBL GTO monoblock to drive the sub - 250W rms output to drive the JBL 1000W sub.
- JBL gt5 4 channel amp - 4 channels for the 4 speakers

Well this setup was more inclined to the SPL side and i did not enjoy the music as much as i wanted to. And hence came the urge to get a new amp. The jbl gt5 was making the sound too bright and the jbl sub was too boomi for my taste and hence the next setup.

Current setup:
- Polk DB6501 front 6.5" components with 100W rms output.
- JBL GTO monoblock to drive the sub - 250W rms output
- SUB - I am using Rahuls Hertz sub(found it much much tighter than the JBL sub) - 250W rms
- Focal Solid 4 - 4 channel amp 75W rms output - This sounds much much better than the JBL gt5 setup .

Well initially the setup was expected to be bright but then the focal amps seem to soothen the whole music much to my taste . I did have the jbl sub along with the current setup but since it was boomi i borrowed Rahul's sub since he was not using it and now have plans of stealing the same from him. The music now seems to be very very soothing and seems to match my taste . Many people have an idea that polk speakers are bright but then i felt they are not at all bright if you get the tuning right.

Thats that for ICE!!

Now back to the car itself. As i said before the 50000kms which the car has covered have been very very pleasureable. I do have plans to remap the ECU and work on the performance front - hopefully that happens soon. As for the comfort - well i am ok with comfort of the car. But most people who sat in the car seems to tell me that the seats are not that comfortable. Since, my dad and mom have the same impression i think i would be doing something about the seats. Please suggest what i can do . I would be replacing tyres soon too because the contis are almost bald. So please pour in suggestions for this too. I dont think i will be looking at a brake upgrade until after the remap and the same goes to even the suspension although i am searching for alternatives(I so wish bilstien had a complete suspension package for this - but i am told they have only lowering springs )

In the 50000kms the car has gone to numerous outing with fellow gearheads . To list a few:
1. Ercaud (I hope that is the right spelling)
2. Ooty
3. Belgaum - Goa - Bangalore
4. Chennai - to MMSC
Did i miss any??

Also a trip to Goa with few friends and i think about 10 trips to chennai not to mention the friday night drives to nandi .

Few pics have been attached .

That is it guys hoping to hear your comments and questions.

Shyam
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-6.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 25th June 2010, 16:37   #179
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Grand 50!!! Let's meet up next time you drive down to Chennai (I'll be in touch with Prasanna), or if I drive to Bangalore in the meantime.

I was actually one of those who were telling Prasanna that the Polk compos are bright! Let me audition your setup - I am more on the warm side, and am stocking stuff for a major ICE revamp myself!

Are these 15" rims? Where you on CPC2 on these? How do you find the comfort aspect of it? I am asking coz I have S.Drives on 15"ers, and the ride is outright hard - rough roads are a pain literally! Am thinking of downsizing back to 14" or try CPC2 if it is any better comfortwise...
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 19:56   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the Grand 50!!! Let's meet up next time you drive down to Chennai (I'll be in touch with Prasanna), or if I drive to Bangalore in the meantime.

I was actually one of those who were telling Prasanna that the Polk compos are bright! Let me audition your setup - I am more on the warm side, and am stocking stuff for a major ICE revamp myself!

Are these 15" rims? Where you on CPC2 on these? How do you find the comfort aspect of it? I am asking coz I have S.Drives on 15"ers, and the ride is outright hard - rough roads are a pain literally! Am thinking of downsizing back to 14" or try CPC2 if it is any better comfortwise...
recommend the XM1+ if you are going in for the 14". As for you audio what are you running and what are you going to revamp to ?? PLS. tell me. I look out for quality in music than anything else so would like to know what you are going to be doing.

I am running CPC2s indeed in the 14" the tyres are comfortable but have a lot of tyre noise and they screech a lot. Initially the tyres where very quiet i mean up until it drove for around 10k kms but after that it gets quiet noisy.

Shyam