Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th February 2009, 10:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bro !! Have a good time with your beauty
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 10:52   #17
BHPian

Congratulations. I am sure you will enjoy your drive for a long time to come.

I will follow your ICE upgrade keenly as well. So when you get the ICE upgraded, please do share with us.
akbaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:09   #18
BANNED

ntranced, congratulations for your linea. Seems bhp is raining with linea.I am sure your decision to go for fiat product is not going to ruin your ownership which such a class car. Do share her pictures and petrol engine performance, want to know its details of pickups,with full occupancy, with and without a/c all the details you can share.Happy driving.CHEERS!!!
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ntranced! I guess the 1st Linea Petrol delivered at T-BHP!

Enjoy the Admiration & the Ride!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! First Petrol Linea.

I think it's a good car for a family sedan and definitely a head-turner for some time. And all those features help as well. What was the final OTR price for the Petrol Emotion and Emotion+ ?

Regarding the performance, I think the first highway trip after running-in will tell the true story. For the city, even the 1.2 Siena or the 1.3 Pushrod Ikon were good enough.

Decent FE figures from an Optra / Corolla sized sedan. I am also an architect and live just 3 kms away from you near Ashram. And the traffic conditions make me feel really lucky when I get 18 kmpl on my Palio MJD.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Default Fiat for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntranced View Post
Thanks man this is the first time i have bought a FIAT product. Hope it lasts me long and faithfully.
Don't worry it will! The Fiats are great machines. Treat them with a little respect and they will return a lot in form of several years of sheer driving pleasure.

Congrats on the new acquisition.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 12:05   #22
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Good Review and Good choice of variant. I belive the difference in price is well worth it.

People keep mentioning that the car is under powered, but going back historically to just about 13 years back, I do remember a 70 BHP Esteme being seen as fast and well powered and then later a 80 BHP Cielo was the the most powerfull car on the road till just about 8-9 years back, (leaving aside the Merc,) So with 90 Bhp of power on hand for both the petrol and diesel, the car should actually be fairly decently powered. Even the Current Octavia diesel is just about 90 Bhp and though the New city is at about 115 Bhp, its not just engine power that makes up a car.

Good Choice once again.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 12:10   #23
BHPian

Congratulation Pal! Happy driving!

Cheers!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 12:38   #24
BHPian

congratulations for the new ride, you will surely enjoy the Italian car.

Did you test drive th diesel variant as well? how is power delivery in petrol compared to Diesel?
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 12:40   #25
BHPian

well here are the pics as promised (sorry for the bad quality..taken from my 2 year old LG PRADA).

Well the on road price for this variant wa 7.26 L along with the extended warranty. I saved around 8K on the insurance coz i transferred the NCB from my old Corsa.

Well im not a Fiat Fanbooy as i have read in other threads as i have previously owned M800, Zen, Opel Corsa, Santro XIng, NHC 1.5 Zxi but never got a ride quality or comfort as in this FIAT product. Agreed NHC is more peppy in city traffic but i never felt safe in it, dont know why.

Now the pics..

I dint realize mine was the first Petrol on BHP. Feeling kinda proud. Hope this felling lasts long!!!

Well dint realize mine was the first Petrol LINEA on BHP. Feeling kinda proud. Hope this feeling lasts for long!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_095957.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100050.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100203.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100245.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100328.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100348.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100407.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100432.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100448.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100500.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100516.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100529.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100556.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100611.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_100647.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_101133.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_101150.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_101233.jpg  

Yet another FIAT LINEA....but its PETROL this time...!!!-022709_101249.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th February 2009 at 12:47. Reason: back to back pots
ntranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 12:49   #26
BHPian

super pics, congratulations and enjoy your ride, great choice of color, looks the best in this.
TRANSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 13:02   #27
BHPian

hi ntranced. Congratulations for the new beauty. I also own a diesel linea with the same colour.
I just saw your pics and in the auto climate control pic it shows that you are running your ac with the recycle mode in off mode. It means your ac is taking outside air and not recycling the air from your cabin. This drops the cooling a lot. So i would suggest you to keep the ac in recycle mode. I am using my climate control by keeping it at 24 degrees while alone and that too in proper noon.
Try it out
And keep posting updated. Let the world keep discussing about Linea *** or the under powered notion while we enjoy this beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntranced View Post
well here are the pics as promised (sorry for the bad quality..taken from my 2 year old LG PRADA).

Well the on road price for this variant wa 7.26 L along with the extended warranty. I saved around 8K on the insurance coz i transferred the NCB from my old Corsa.

Well im not a Fiat Fanbooy as i have read in other threads as i have previously owned M800, Zen, Opel Corsa, Santro XIng, NHC 1.5 Zxi but never got a ride quality or comfort as in this FIAT product. Agreed NHC is more peppy in city traffic but i never felt safe in it, dont know why.

Now the pics..

I dint realize mine was the first Petrol on BHP. Feeling kinda proud. Hope this felling lasts long!!!

Well dint realize mine was the first Petrol LINEA on BHP. Feeling kinda proud. Hope this feeling lasts for long!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 13:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
hi ntranced. Congratulations for the new beauty. I also own a diesel linea with the same colour.
I just saw your pics and in the auto climate control pic it shows that you are running your ac with the recycle mode in off mode. It means your ac is taking outside air and not recycling the air from your cabin. This drops the cooling a lot. So i would suggest you to keep the ac in recycle mode. I am using my climate control by keeping it at 24 degrees while alone and that too in proper noon.
Try it out
And keep posting updated. Let the world keep discussing about Linea *** or the under powered notion while we enjoy this beauty.
1. The A/c is best left with the "recycle" off. The fresh air will do you good. It can be put in re-cylce mode when the outside air is very dusty or smoky. The 'fresh-air' mode means that the A/c. takes in a small quantity of outside air and recycles a major portion of the air in the cabin, so the effect on the cooling is not very high.

2. I lvoed your comment on the A.S.S. I went through some threads about the A.S.S. of the other vehicles and found that they too had the same short-comings. So relax, the Fiat A.S.S. is not any worse than the others. Maybe the Fiat owners are a finiky lot and complain more. Incidentally, I found the most damning comments about the poor A.S.S. of Fiat are by people who do not have Fiats!

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 13:18   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
I just saw your pics and in the auto climate control pic it shows that you are running your ac with the recycle mode in off mode. It means your ac is taking outside air and not recycling the air from your cabin. This drops the cooling a lot. So i would suggest you to keep the ac in recycle mode.
Well pal if you notice carefully then it is not in the cool mode but in the fan mode just switched it on for the pic and yes i always keep it on recycling mode and im loving this ACC.

Also one more thing i found very interesting was the instantaneous consumption meter it eggs you on to extract evry mile from your petrol and yes it makes you learn when to upshift or downshift as the mileage increases or decrease as per your driving style, the gear you are in, how much you step on the gas etc etc. and it shows you amazing figures if you keep the car happy.
ntranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 13:29   #30
BHPian

Congratulations ntranced!!! The car looks absolute beauty. enjoy your drive, having owned a fiat myself I can tell you that you will never regret your decision...
kanwal is offline   Reply With Quote