Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th July 2009, 10:12   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
No. When i talked to mangesh he clearly told me that if the chromestrips have fallen because of the faulty glue issue he would replace it free of cost.
So just go to the service centre and blackeye them and get it free of cost........
Hey thats great news bro. Glad to see the Fiat is keeping such standards and accepting their glue issue. First talk to SA and then head for chrome strip replacement to make sure they have it in their stock
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 10:18   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
Hi guys,
By now I am used to the admiration. I have had to roll down the windows and give my feedback to people in other cars countless times while waiting at the traffic lights. Its something which I have never experienced with any of my other vehicles. All in all am a very proud and satisfied Linea owner.
Hat's off , this is the best form of Admiration one can get when un-known people ask you about your car at the traffic signals.

Linea Tag Line : Admiration Guaranteed => this promise from FIAT seems to be delivered in your case.

Enjoy your Linea, Drive Safe.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 10:44   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

And coming to my Pune trip my car got its first major scratch when a demented rickshaw driver came and banged against the car while I was waiting at a traffic signal. He just came speeding in from the opposite side, banged against my car and just sped away before I even realized what was happening. The result is some deep scratches and a small dent on the right rear quarter panel.
I had the same experience in my esteem, i was waiting for a signal and from no where this share auto guy comes and bangs on the front left corner and fled the scene in a jiffy, it was like he jumped off from the sky. don't realize why these auto drivers are like this
jp2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 10:52   #154
BHPian

True, I met with a person from "Fiat corporate quality" when I complained about this chrome-strip issue. He said Fiat is well aware of this faulty glue. They will give a free replacement under warranty.
Way to go Fiat

Quote:
No. When i talked to mangesh he clearly told me that if the chromestrips have fallen because of the faulty glue issue he would replace it free of cost.
So just go to the service centre and blackeye them and get it free of cost........
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 11:21   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Hi guys,

Completed 5000 kms last week. And at last the chrome strip on both the rear quarter glasses came off. I was washing my car and all of a sudden one of the strip came off. And imagine my surprise when I checked and found that the other strip was missing. Dont know where I lost it.
Congrats SSN on completing 5K kms. Mileage you're getting in city is good. I never get 10.xx in city

Dude, you've not read all the posts here. I posted quite sometime back & warned all Linea owners that Rear Quarter Glass Chrome strips are GOING TO come off sooner or later. Guaranteed. And asked everyone to keep checking & if found even somewhat loose, pull it out & fix yourself. Also when you go to TASS, check yourself which glue they are going to use. Never allow them to use Fevi Quik. It has to be Rubber Based adhesive, preferably Hit Lock or Fevi Bond
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 01:39   #156
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the club of falling chrome strips. I think now the rotation is complete and the chrome strips have been falling for almost everyone here. Just get back to the dealer and get it replaced free of cost.

Good to see that you have clocked the highest kmph in the forum. we could take it only till 170kmph. may be you were on a slope when you could do that.

Bad that the dent has happened. do keep up posted on how much they charge for all these dent and painiting issues..........

Enjoy the ride and admiration
Quote:
Yeah. will definitely black eye them and get the chrome strip. I was not on a slope when I touched 180 kmph. Was on a very straight stretch of the Mumbai-Pune expressway when the speed was attained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Good SSN, 5k kms mark hit and nice to know that you didnt face any major issue apart from falling chrome strips . One of my chrome strip also had come off and i refixed it using fevi bond, pulled other out(easily came out) and refixed using Fevi bond. Time is bad on your car buddy, 1st the windshield smashed and now rickshaw banged.
180 kmph top speed, were you on a slope and engine must have been sounding a note which enthusiasists love.

I agree. Its time to hang the nimbu mirchi on the car. Yes, the engine was really roaring at that speed. But I was paying more attention to the road at that time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Congratulations for 5K mark and sorry for the dent. Yes, admiration is there everywhere when we are driving our beauty and I have also faced the same 'Anti Fiat' voices and now two of them are proud owners of Linea themselves!

Yes, I also had the same message from my dealer, so just go to the dealer and have brand new chrome strip free of cost.
Thanks Dr.Amit. And glad to hear about the converts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hat's off , this is the best form of Admiration one can get when un-known people ask you about your car at the traffic signals.

Linea Tag Line : Admiration Guaranteed => this promise from FIAT seems to be delivered in your case.

Enjoy your Linea, Drive Safe.
Thanks buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
I had the same experience in my esteem, i was waiting for a signal and from no where this share auto guy comes and bangs on the front left corner and fled the scene in a jiffy, it was like he jumped off from the sky. don't realize why these auto drivers are like this
And they are the same in every city. In Mumbai I am always wary of autos, bikes and BEST buses when I am driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Congrats SSN on completing 5K kms. Mileage you're getting in city is good. I never get 10.xx in city

Dude, you've not read all the posts here. I posted quite sometime back & warned all Linea owners that Rear Quarter Glass Chrome strips are GOING TO come off sooner or later. Guaranteed. And asked everyone to keep checking & if found even somewhat loose, pull it out & fix yourself. Also when you go to TASS, check yourself which glue they are going to use. Never allow them to use Fevi Quik. It has to be Rubber Based adhesive, preferably Hit Lock or Fevi Bond
Thanks VP. I had read all the posts about the chrome strips falling off. And was expecting it to happen sooner or later. However a few days prior to their falling off I had checked both the strips and at that time everything looked ok. And thanks for the info about the glue. I will keep an eye on what they are applying.
SSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:51   #157
BHPian

Default Need all your advice for selecting my next car

HI SSN, very informative & real experience thread for Linea petrol. I'm planning to go for Linea petrol. But i came across another thread here that between 2000 - 2500 RPM the engine stalls. Is this true? have you faced this problem? My first car was FIAT Palio Stile (FIRE) and now again going for Linea FIRE. I'm aware of the built quality & things, but would like to know the engine performance.
Prancing Horse is offline   Reply With Quote