Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th March 2009, 15:16   #61
BHPian

@SSN,

Just had a simple question for you?, You got the Art Leather seats done at the dealership right? In one of the pictures, the headrest finish is a little off, was this because the art leather seats were installed over the existing fabric covers?
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 15:26   #62
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
@SSN,

Just had a simple question for you?, You got the Art Leather seats done at the dealership right? In one of the pictures, the headrest finish is a little off, was this because the art leather seats were installed over the existing fabric covers?
Probably that could be the reason. I had asked them not to remove the existing fabric covers.
SSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 17:08   #63
SSN
BHPian

Default FE Update

I made a trip with my family to Shirdi this weekend. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive on the highway. The ride and handling is absolutely magnificent. You always feel in control. The Automatic Climate control is very good. Performance of the car was also good. Never felt any lack of power while overtaking (And i did overtake many while covering the 280 km Shirdi Mumbai distance in 4 1/2 hrs). Did a top speed of 140 Kph for a while even as my speed limiter was beeping like crazy before the natural speed limiter (wife)reminded me about the car being new, break-in period on right now and stuff . 140 kph was between 4000-4500 rpm so definitely quite some room for higher speeds.

Coming to the FE the car returned me an average of 10.xx in city conditions while on the highway the figure was 13.xx. This was by the tank full to tank full method. Also interesting to note is that the My Car system in the car looks fairly accurate as it was displaying almost the exact figure in both cases (was off by 0.2 in both cases). All in all it was a wonderful trip and whatever small apprehensions I had have been laid to rest.
Old 8th March 2009, 18:55   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
I made a trip with my family to Shirdi this weekend. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive on the highway. The ride and handling is absolutely magnificent. You always feel in control. The Automatic Climate control is very good. Performance of the car was also good. Never felt any lack of power while overtaking (And i did overtake many while covering the 280 km Shirdi Mumbai distance in 4 1/2 hrs). Did a top speed of 140 Kph for a while even as my speed limiter was beeping like crazy before the natural speed limiter (wife)reminded me about the car being new, break-in period on right now and stuff . 140 kph was between 4000-4500 rpm so definitely quite some room for higher speeds.

Coming to the FE the car returned me an average of 10.xx in city conditions while on the highway the figure was 13.xx. This was by the tank full to tank full method. Also interesting to note is that the My Car system in the car looks fairly accurate as it was displaying almost the exact figure in both cases (was off by 0.2 in both cases). All in all it was a wonderful trip and whatever small apprehensions I had have been laid to rest.

hi Ssn... i have to agree with you about the fe meter reading... i think it s dam accurate... even though i have not refilled my tank yet but i can make out that it s atleast as accurate as +-.5. which i think is excellent... and i wont have to keep calculating in future...
Machine freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 18:58   #65
Senior - BHPian

Default Thanks SSN

Quote:

Thanks SSN for the update, it should set at rest (to some extent) the raging controversy over the FE of the Linea. Your observation of the accuracy of the readout on the MFD helpful too.

Thanks again and cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 19:07   #66
BHPian

It will really make sense if Linea owners mention whether they own Petrol or Diesel vehicles in their respective posts. That will give a clear picture of vehicle performance, issues, FE etc.
breezydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 19:14   #67
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
It will really make sense if Linea owners mention whether they own Petrol or Diesel vehicles in their respective posts. That will give a clear picture of vehicle performance, issues, FE etc.

It will make more sense if people look at the title of the thread before making their posts. Just to spare u the effort the title of the thread is "My Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black". Hope that helps.
Old 8th March 2009, 19:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
SSN booked, took delivery of and owns a Petrol Linea in Black. A quick glance through this thread discloses the colour of and fuel used in the car.

Cheers,
Old 9th March 2009, 16:34   #69
BHPian

Thats pretty decent, FE I would say SSN. I am also itching to go on a long drive, I am not enjoying the car in the small drive to office.

The My car system seems pretty accurate so far.

Quote:
Old 9th March 2009, 17:22   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will make more sense if people look at the title of the thread before making their posts. Just to spare u the effort the title of the thread is "My Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black". Hope that helps.
Good FE figures for a petrol. Well if you got a car like that in your hand most people like me forgets what is the thing called as a 'run in period'
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 20:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Thats pretty decent, FE I would say SSN. I am also itching to go on a long drive, I am not enjoying the car in the small drive to office.

The My car system seems pretty accurate so far.
Hi DS,

I hope you are using this for the drive on Sunday. I look forward to seeing it and of course meeting you.

Cheers,
Old 9th March 2009, 23:07   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi DS,

I hope you are using this for the drive on Sunday. I look forward to seeing it and of course meeting you.

Cheers,
Yes and No, I wanted to do a long trip that is not going to happen, in the next 3 weeks, then I chanced upon the Hyd meet thread, so took the oppurtunity.

Since SSN, gave the FE figures its just I can be more prepared in terms of costing for my upcoming trips.
Old 9th March 2009, 23:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi DS,

Cheers,
Me Too

On a different note, I feel all your costings for various trips need to be changed once you have got your 1st service done as thats when the car will come on it own.

Suggestions to finish the run-in period fast:
  1. Mkae about 3-4 200 Km drives. That should complete the run-in within a wek.
  2. Give your car to some call center cab driver. Run-in done in 4 days with massive long term bills
  3. Allow T-BHP members to drive your car and they not only take care of your car but will also do a lot of miles to take off your burden of running-in and provide you some creature comfort.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 19:56   #74
SSN
BHPian

Got a call today from a lady asking me for my availability for a Fiat Linea Owners meeting at Andheri, Mumbai on the 18th of this month.She was calling from a company called Synovate (not so sure about the name) and she mentioned that she was calling on behalf of Fiat India. Anyone else got a similar call? Please let me know.
Old 12th March 2009, 21:00   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Coming to the FE the car returned me an average of 10.xx in city conditions while on the highway the figure was 13.xx.
SSN, that's more or less the mileage i was expecting. I must say those are good numbers for a 1200+ kg petrol car running with A/C on.

Enjoy your beauty.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote