Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th March 2009, 23:37   #91

Hey guys, would the 1.3MJD provide a better pickup and drive experience than the 1.4FIRE? I'm considering the Linea as our next purchase and need to know this.
The reversed position of the wiper and turn indicators in this car is definitely annoying. I guess, though, that one would easily get accustomed to it.
dcreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 10:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahshahid View Post
Hi,
Has somebody else faced this issue?
What can be done about it?
What has been the policy of members of the forum vis a vis policies regarding booking?
Is there a genuine problem at fiat regarding Linea Red Emot + petrol?
This is not new to all linea owners. I mean almost all linea owners. The demand for E+ is such that FIAT is not able to cope with. As a result they have loads of Active and Dynamic lineas in the stockyard. But having said that you could have tried filing complaint on fiat webpage. Amazingly it works efficiently
I too faced similer situation where I was hell bent on MJD E+ red color and Dealer, B U Bhandari was playing with me with lots of alternatives like 'go for E instead of E+ or take silver E+ etc etc'. I contacted FIAT guys directly after waiting for couple of months and then I got the vehicle in a week.
TheHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 11:07   #93
Senior - BHPian

The offer is not avaliable on petrol and diesel Emotion Pack. Tells us the story loud and clear doesn't it?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 11:15   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcreator View Post
Hey guys, would the 1.3MJD provide a better pickup and drive experience than the 1.4FIRE?
The best way is to test drive both the models and check it out yourself.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 11:40   #95
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazherr View Post
Hey Tornado,

My concern now is , will Blue&Me work well with my iPhone 3G?

Mazher R

Yes blue and me will work with your iphone 3g.
However it will not support sms display on screen. Voice calls with caller name from phonebook, would work absolutely fine.
Old 31st March 2009, 23:28   #96
BHPian

Default 1500 kms report

My Flemingo Red Linea Emotion MJD had done 1500 kms in three weeks now.

Impressive bits about this car,
1: Leg room (my mother has put printed designer floor mats bought for residential purpose in the rear and it suits good too)
2: Its Air Conditioning and particularly its rear vents. Its very pleasant and comfortable.
3: Its Radio Reception (nearest city is 100 kms from my place and so we never get reception in our other cars Santro and Ikon). In this car its even clear.

Things i am disappointed about
1: Its stiff ride. Our 4 yr old Ikon Flair feels much comfortable when compared to this brand new car. I do not know if the shock absorbers action will improve or if it needs some tuning. Experts can give me suggestions about what can be done to improve or i should just live with it.
2: Its ICE. The quality of sound detoriates when the volume is increased.
3: Its High Beam even after adjusting doesn't focus straight. Dont know if it can be further adjusted.
4: Rattling sound is audible when in bad roads. We did not hear such noise for more than a year in our Ikon Flair.

About fuel consumption, the display shows 12-13 km/l in the city and 23-24 lm/l in highway. Dont know if it can be trusted.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea-speedo.jpg  

Harshavarthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 10:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

Very Good FE
I too got more than 21 kmpl in highway with AC on 100%
Enjoy the ride.
I too have same issues like yours.
1.Head light beam
2.Rattling at bad roads.
3.At higher volume >10 ,Speakers are jarring.

but the shocks is not at all an issue.
I could barely feel the bad roads.It's driving like a dream
Might be it will soften on furthermore usage.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 1st April 2009 at 10:57.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 14:57   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post

but the shocks is not at all an issue.
I could barely feel the bad roads.It's driving like a dream
Might be it will soften on furthermore usage.
Its because you must be driving your vehicle in city roads. Mine is a town and there is no roads at all as underground drainage work is going here. And more over ours is a chauffeur driven vehicle and we most often occupy the rear seats.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:02   #99

Default First Drive in anger and Service - UPDATE

Hi All,
One long drive in anger on a mix of 4 lane NH and 2 lane SH and my Linea was due for its first 3000km service or rather should I say Checkup.

Coming to the Drive, I had to drop my family at Palakkad for the summer vacation. It was a mix of 4 lane National Highways and 2 lane State Highway.
Though 4 lane highways are fast, I personally enjoy the old 2 lane highways as I find them more involving and fun to drive and the Linea is very much there on the twisties. It begs to be thrown into curves.
The Up journey was more sedate with Children in the car, though they were belted up. Return was my first solo drive on the highway and it was fun. Took her upto 145kmph. I think she can go upto 155/160 as stated in some auto magazine, though it may not be advisable on our Highways. Had a couple of expected issues with a TVS50 and a TamilNadu ST bus when the braking abilities were put to test.
Left Palakkad at 09:20hrs and reached Marathahalli, (Bangalore) at 15:30hrs. Had a 45 minute break for lunch.

FIRST SERVICE.
Prerana Motors' new service facility at Hosur Road is where Linea is accepted for sevice. The facility is new and quite good with a nice Air conditioned waiting area for customers, though I found the number of seating spaces were not adequate. All the staff from the security to the service advisor made me feel quite welcome. Got an underbody antirust coating done for Rs.2400 plus taxes with 5 year warranty. I was not very keen on the antirust coating. However, a few days before service, I got carried away on airport road and scraped a speed breaker. (my first one since Feb 13th). Considering the state of Speed breakers in Bangalore, I thought it is better to get this done.
Otherwise nothing done in first service except Wheel alignment check, and the usual fluid level top ups. I wanted them to use only Distilled water, which they did without any charges.
All in all my service experience with Prerana was good. Had a call from TATA Motors for feedback on the service. The service advisor also called me up 2 days after service to check if everything is alright with the car. Makes you feel TATA-FIAT are indeed serious about A.S.S now. Time will tell.

Met 2 more Linea customers who were also very happy with their cars.

Sorry for the long post.
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 21:50   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Makes you feel TATA-FIAT are indeed serious about A.S.S now. Time will tell.
Met 2 more Linea customers who were also very happy with their cars.
Yes, TATA and FIAT joint venture is too serious about the A.S.S . I got a call from chennai concorde, three days after delivery of my linea for thanking me for choosing the product. They wanted to know if i am facing any issues and they said they are very serious about the customer feed back. Seems each feed back is personally seen by the Territory manager of that part. You can add one more to that count as i am also very happy about the car.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 23:58   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKING View Post
Took her upto 145kmph. I think she can go upto 155/160 as stated in some auto magazine
my linea speedo pointer went beyond 170km/h today
Old 30th April 2009, 09:43   #102
Senior - BHPian

As i said earlier i too did 170+ kmph.
But the Top Speed mentioned in User Manual for Diesel Linea is only 170 kms. Petro Linea is only 165 kms.
Might be i ran on a slope so that i reached 170+ kmph in 4700+ rpm itself.
I'll try some other day and let you people know.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 10:22   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Seems each feed back is personally seen by the Territory manager of that part. You can add one more to that count as i am also very happy about the car.
The feedback is taken very seriously by TATA MOTORS it seems. The service advisor called me to check if everything is OK and to get back to him if I am not happy with the last service. He was also requesting me to give a good feedback to TATA MOTORS when they call for feedback. Seems the service advisor is immediately taken to task for a bad feedback. This implies feedback is not being taken just for the heck of it. Again Time will tell. But at the moment FIAT A.S.S seems to be improving.
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 14:59   #104
BHPian

Viking , Yeah hope that we all will keep smiling with our lineas

I have spoken to the Service Director at my dealership and they are in plans to have a larger facility near the present one to cater to FIAT customers better i see that they are serious about everything FIAT

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th April 2009 at 19:48. Reason: Only two smilies per post allowed, please read through Board rules thoroughly, thanks
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 19:39   #105
BHPian

Default ??????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Viking , Yeah hope that we all will keep smiling with our lineas

I have spoken to the Service Director at my dealership and they are in plans to have a larger facility near the present one to cater to FIAT customers better i see that they are serious about everything FIAT

Hey which service center you talking about?
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote