Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st April 2009, 15:55   #181
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
what is the point of having all that in your skoda? It will not be there after the first service or most of it will be replaced with "original fakes"
I think this is getting overblown. The spares swap happened only at one dealer. Most people who use JMD are quite happy
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 15:55   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Well i dont think it happens only with skoda,it may even happen with honda or any other ***.and I will make sure this doesnt happen with my car.
again while it *may* happen with other cars, it almost certain that it *will* happen with skoda. Anyway the intent of my post is not to hurt anyone. Please be careful while getting your car serviced.
ash_blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:21   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well i dont think it happens only with skoda,it may even happen with honda or any other ***.and I will make sure this doesnt happen with my car.
Congrats.
I think its a very good deal.
Needless to say you will be careful while servicing after reading everything. The positive outcome from Harish and others experience is the current and future owners now know what precautions and checks they need to do while servicing a Skoda.
Enjoy the drive
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 17:26   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats.
I think its a very good deal.
Needless to say you will be careful while servicing after reading everything. The positive outcome from Harish and others experience is the current and future owners now know what precautions and checks they need to do while servicing a Skoda.
Enjoy the drive
Hey thanks Harry.
I will be taking a day off and will be there at the workshop when car is being serviced.I hope they dont object to this!!
kedarwalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 17:27   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I think this is getting overblown. The spares swap happened only at one dealer. Most people who use JMD are quite happy
That says it all nd lets not get offtopic and stick to the title!!
Old 1st April 2009, 18:01   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The whole Harish incident and the subsequent aftermath is probably a blessing in disguise for Skoda owners. They have been given the PR shock treatment of their lives at Tbhp and will never again dare to pull a stunt like that. Anyways lets hope that is the case.

Last edited by Mpower : 1st April 2009 at 19:45.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 20:51   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks Harry.
I will be taking a day off and will be there at the workshop when car is being serviced.I hope they dont object to this!!
You are welcome mate.
Normally the service centre objects and not allow customers to be there while car is getting serviced, however in the case of Skoda every owner should now insist on getting all the work done in his own presence.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:26   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
You are welcome mate.
Normally the service centre objects and not allow customers to be there while car is getting serviced, however in the case of Skoda every owner should now insist on getting all the work done in his own presence.
Completely agree with you. They never allow the customer to be there for longer period of time. However I have been friendly with the senior service advisor and never had any issues as such. I have a fabia diesel and there have been instances where the guard has walked upto me and asked to wait in waiting lounge when I am inside the workshop. But, the Senior advisor took care of that. All my work and issues have been resolved under my supervision. Recently few weeks back had issues coming up with my suspension, gave my car saying that I have some doubts for the same. I waited until they opened up complete suspension and then went in to check personally each and every part related to it from bushes to strut, strut buffer, ball joint, axle, lower arm, lower arm bush and it seemed all fine and was satisfied with it. They cleaned and oiled the strut using some spray and was put back and the car drove much better, smoother after this and all this was taken care under the warranty even though my car has done 23000kms. Initially I was charged by the service advisor but than spoke to the senior advisor whom I know and it was taken care under the warranty.
I guess it had to be covered under warranty. But i agree incase you are not aware about the policy one might be taken for a ride and charged. In my case building a Rapo with the S.Advisor has helped a lot and in lot many small issues where like my car is taken up immediately without any wait and job card is opened latter after the car getting on the ramp, so i don't wait up till it's opened up.

Last edited by Invinsible : 2nd April 2009 at 00:29.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 20:42   #189
BHPian

can some1 please confirm the ex showroom price of the new superb diesel 2.0tdi?
Old 5th April 2009, 20:47   #190
BHPian

Quote:
can some1 please confirm the ex showroom price of the new superb diesel 2.0tdi?
I went for the test drive of the Petrol Superb, must say i loved the car. Was talking to the sales lady and she says the diesel superb is already on sale and is costing around 24 lacks on-road here in Chennai.
xtremeshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2009, 01:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
I went for the test drive of the Petrol Superb, must say i loved the car. Was talking to the sales lady and she says the diesel superb is already on sale and is costing around 24 lacks on-road here in Chennai.
I saw the new Diesel Superb in the workshop when it came for PDI, it is priced about 25 lakhs, on-road. But, i must say I found the engine to be noisy.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote