Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st March 2009, 20:36   #61
BHPian

AUTOCAR says it can get from zero to 100kmph in 7.8seconds !
vivekji05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 21:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AUTOCAR says it can get from zero to 100kmph in 7.8seconds !
This is with the A/T right?

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 02:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Maybe they got owned, but did they get it royally messed up ? can't we take it in another sense like the premium is for your peace of mind. And whats the point in spending 8 to 25 lakhs and praying that nothing goes wrong with it,instead we can go out and blindly buy a overpriced suzuki,honda,mitsu or Toyota and make sure that they don't rip you off.
Escuse me but are you really trying to say that Honda is asking for 8 Lakh more from the 2.4 because you'll get better service on that or for the extra features worth 8 lakh that exist on the V6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The pure numbers are against you quickdraw. If we take T-BHP as a pool of buyers, far less Jap car owners have gotten "owned" than Skoda owners. Lets take "owned" as, got a lemon/have been sued/let down on the road.

If we take my circle of contacts, none have gotten owned by a Jap car, two have gotten owned by a Hyundai and none have gotten owned by a Skoda. However, every single one of the Skoda dudes have gotten hideously ripped off, are extremely angry about their A.S.S and wouldn't buy Skoda again even if they were given them for free.

The jap dudes don't love the A.S.S, but don't hate them either. They like the cheap maintainance and okay priced parts. The Hyundai dudes were owned by the A.S.S when one of them got sold an accidental car and the other got ripped off during accidental repair. But they will buy Hyundai again because their stories are the exception rather than the norm. Skoda? Ha!
Immortals, do you own a Skoda? I do. Now I just feel the whole of t-bhp is in total Skoda bashing mode. I totally agree about whatever's been happening. Heck I piad 40k for a repaired clutch on my Octavia. Damn even the most expensive and advanced slipper clutch wont cost as much!

How do you think Honda would have reacted if sometime similar would have to happen? They would do the exact same thing as Skoda, markiting people are dumb. Dealers are conmen and the company exists because of a lot of greasing here and there. If you want to see the world in black and white you're in the wrong place.

Its us who have to set things right and use good judgement. Infact I think in the world of *** in terms of cars of bikes everyone is out there to get you. There no decency so better read up and be smart for our own good. Thats why t-bhp exists and people take advice on matters lesser known to them so that they can make the right decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
Well said Immortalz.

@quickdraw

It is not just a vague generalization but is based on genuine reports from various users.
I totally agree bro, gosh I own a Skoda, I drive a friends laura everyday talking about the same thing thats been happening. Trust me he and me went to take a TD of the Superb and what all I said really made him hold on and not book it. But quite honestly its the best deal in the price bracket. Thankfully we are petrolheads here and using our good judgement and logic we wont get conned. Think about the average guy who gets conned its not always a skoda.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 09:53   #64
Senior - BHPian

Well, the funny part is, your Civic probably wouldn't have a smoked clutch in the first place. If it did, the dealership will try to rip you off. But you post on T-BHP, get second opinions while they waited for your answer. Meanwhile, in ye olde Skoda dealership, they're busy swapping parts out.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 11:50   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
This is with the A/T right?

Shan2nu
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I thought of comparing Accord v6 with Skoda Superb and VW Passat. What are 0-100 figures for new Accord V6?

Though Passat has diesel producing half the power of v6, it accelerates really well. (0-100 in 9.8s).

Skoda Superb is using 1.8L FSI engine, which does better than Passat, doing 0-100 in 8.5 seconds.

I looked at old v6 AT (220 bhp) figures and it mentions 0-100kmph at 9.64s.

It will be interesting to know these figures, since both Passat and Superb would handle much better than what we hear of softly sprung V6. So, though Honda has raised bar with power output, how much of it can really be put to use?
The only option on V6 is A/T. These figures (7.8s) are with A/T hence. Actually more interesting and relevant would be to compare the accrleration in kick-down modes. That is where it matters on highways during overtaking etc.
nareshtrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 16:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Wow, 7.8 secs for an A/T is really good. I bet the M/T would be in the low 6s.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:13   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Wow, 7.8 secs for an A/T is really good. I bet the M/T would be in the low 6s.

Shan2nu
sir as far as i know there isnt a M/T for the v6.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 01:28   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sir as far as i know there isnt a M/T for the v6.
Thats sad. Coz the 3ltr V6 atleast had a M/T in the US, but their website doesn't mention a M/T even for the US market.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd April 2009, 02:20   #69
BHPian

The current Accord V6 in the US market does have a MT. In fact it is a close ratio 6 speed transmission. However, it is only for the Coupe.
I feel that the handling of the Accord V6 could have been way better with a Limited Slip Diff. If the have it on the Civic Si, surely they could have got one for the Accord.

Last edited by equinox22 : 2nd April 2009 at 02:28.
equinox22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 11:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

Well , i dont think this horrendous price tag on the v6 will last for long. At this rate , the number of v6 buyers/month will go down into 2 digits and honda will themselves c ,prospective v6 customers getting attracted to the new superb or even the camry for that matter just because they have 10 times as many gadgets and gizmos to fiddle around with for a lower price tag! & for now its just the new superb 1.8 tsi.

what i am really excited about is the launch of the 3.6 diesel variant of the superb...(whenever it is ). ]IF (a big IFFF) skoda get it right in the price deparment ,its surely curtains for the accord v6 ! its a matter of time people !.

Sooner or Later that price should depriciate to something realistic !
(thats what i think atleast and hope as well ! )
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 00:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

I guess since the previous V6 and the Civic Hybrid did not do well, honda may have decided against making Accord V6 locally and may be doing a CBU (like Civic hybrid), leading to exorbitant price.
I do not see the reason why else would they price I4 so competitively and V6 so expensive!!!

Well, that apart, I wish Honda had just launched a Civic Type R here, instead of a V6 Accord!
ST7677 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 21:10   #72
BHPian

Actually it's the engine that is imported. Hence the higher price tag compared to the I4
vivekji05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 19:16   #73
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Accord V6 now (finally) with a sunroof. About time they add it to the more relevant 2.4 as well.

Quote:
The Sunroof introduction was found to be the most desirable feature in Accord V6 based on the customer’s feedback.

The Accord V6 will also feature Ambient Light and Footlight which accentuate the style and enhance visibility during darkness allowing enough light to see the controls.
Honda Accord V6 Driven-img_07181.jpg
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 21:02   #74
BHPian

Just heard from a Honda dealer here, that, a brand new Accord-V6 has been dusting in their stock-yard for about an year and now up for a 2lakh discount (before any negotiation). I really pity her! Wish T-BHP had control over pricing cars :-)
mkc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 22:14   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Just heard from a Honda dealer here, that, a brand new Accord-V6 has been dusting in their stock-yard for about an year and now up for a 2lakh discount (before any negotiation). I really pity her! Wish T-BHP had control over pricing cars :-)
Aww poor gal. Really wish I could take her home had I the cash. :-)

I imagine a Toyota and Honda in my garage. Automotive nirvana - Japanese style.

I saw a black BMW M3 near my home today when returning from office. I am still grinning with delight.

Cheers!
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote