Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th March 2009, 16:47   #16
BHPian

This is a real value for money car, you will enjoy the space, ride and comfort like sedan in Uva. Congratulations!!! Enjoy the new ride. She is looking spanking hot in Ivory gold. Get good set of alloys.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride you got there. The UVA is really overlooked by most folks since they automatically assume that GM products are high maintainence. Used to be the case earlier, but I think GM has bought it down to very reasonable levels now. Lots of space, excellent ride, good quality plastics, engine is a lil underpowered for this car, but that does'nt matter if you dont wanna race, and the flip side of an underpowered engine is the mileage figures, which are very good at 15kmpl.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 19:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidsnail View Post
Yes. Its a shop in East of kailash. Check your PM for details. I have no idea about shops in noida. May be members from Noida can help with that.

@streetrage911:- Sure . I'll do this weekend.
@mjothi:- Its a temp registration number :-( So i did not shell a single penny on n that. Flaunting that till i get the permanent number.
@chipfoose:- Thanks.
Dude, we are still waiting for the ICE details and reviews.
streetrage911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 23:46   #19
BHPian

Clocked 925 Km today.
Average milage that i got is 12Kmpl. This includes 70% city driving and a lots of traffic driving with AC on most of the times. The car is running smooth and has not disappointed anybody who sat in it!.
rapidsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 19:15   #20
BHPian

Hi Members,

Clocked 1K Km yesterday. My vessel had its day today. It was pampered and made up at her first service at AutoVikas Motinagar.

As in delhi, you have long queues at the service stations on Sundays, but i was lucky as it was the first service. Only washing and cleaning was done and the car looked the same as it was a month back.

FE:- 12Kmpl
Few things that cropped up in the car and their solution in braces:
1. Seat Belt latch click sound while driving [Oiling was done, but it is still there]
2. Some heavy sound from rear left of the boot [Rear parcel tray was the cause, adjusted and issue closed]
3. Door latches get stuck in their socket and dont unlock from central locking. [The door plastic is soft and thus sticks to the latch, applied some solution and its working fine]
4. Boot closes with force. [ The service advisor told me that its with every car, however the showroom car was soft to close, shall be taken up in next service if the issue remains till then]
5. Vibration in the accelerator pedal [It was also there in other cars, may be i am very grouch]

The service was okay. The car was washed, cleaned and glossed with some kinds of polish on wheels and plastics. The executives were helpful and friendly. Overall a good experience. The only thing that i didnt like was that one of the executive keep on pressing me to get anti-rust and teflon done. But thats their job! Is it really worth?

Some additions done:
1. Got extra floor mats from Karol bagh and they stink.
2. Got ICE done from Driven, will update in ICE section and post link here.
3. Got high end security system installations, which i prefer not to disclose.

todo-list(in order of preference-awaiting booster Vitamin M]
1. Good sunfilm.
2. Seat covers.
3. Car cover.
4. ICE additions [Sub and amp]
5. Wood-trims on Dash
6. Alloys.

Few snaps of my vessel.
My Dad made me remove the "caution" sticker as he finds it obstructing the sight while reversing.
Attached Thumbnails
My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020330.jpg  

My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020331.jpg  

My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020369.jpg  

My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020356.jpg  

My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020339.jpg  

My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020372.jpg  

My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020337.jpg  

My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020336.jpg  

My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020367.jpg  

My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020368.jpg  

My cruising vessel | Chevrolet Aveo U-VA LS (Ivory Gold). Pics on page 2-p1020359.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th April 2009 at 20:44.
Old 8th April 2009, 17:12   #21
BHPian

remove all those yellow stickers man. Keep your car simple and elegant

Cheers
streetrage911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 18:26   #22
BHPian

Give her a set of spanking alloys. She deserves them. She's beautiful!
redeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 19:38   #23
BHPian

My replies in bold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidsnail View Post
FE:- 12Kmpl
I get the same mileage.
Few things that cropped up in the car and their solution in braces:
1. Seat Belt latch click sound while driving [Oiling was done, but it is still there]
I don't think this will ever get sorted out. Lot of Chevy cars have this issue. I've learnt to live with this.
2. Some heavy sound from rear left of the boot [Rear parcel tray was the cause, adjusted and issue closed]
3. Door latches get stuck in their socket and dont unlock from central locking. [The door plastic is soft and thus sticks to the latch, applied some solution and its working fine]
Good that 2 and 3 are sorted out. I haven't had any problems.
4. Boot closes with force. [ The service advisor told me that its with every car, however the showroom car was soft to close, shall be taken up in next service if the issue remains till then]
I'm surprised. Like I mentioned earlier my hatch door closes easily. I just have to bring it out to a certain point when it just closes by itself! Will try to post a video of it if I have the time!
5. Vibration in the accelerator pedal [It was also there in other cars, may be i am very grouch]
I have rattles on my rear door and they reduced it on my 6 month service, but it resurfaced again this weekend.
On this highway trip at 100 KMPH and above I felt the steering vibrate a little.
I really love the car and I'm glad I bought it.
Your car looks cool - I'm sure it draws a lot of attention.
The yellow stickers will definitely affect your reversing and visibility - do you really need them?

Quote:
todo-list(in order of preference-awaiting booster Vitamin M]
1. Good sunfilm.
Let me know when you do this as I feel sunfilm will help a lot in summer - the AC finds it difficult to cool in midday
2. Seat covers.
Will make the interiors a lot better. Do keep me updated on what you do and how much you plan to spend
3. Car cover.
I got this at the dealer for 1400 Rs. My other automobile guy said it would cost about 700 Rs. I stay in a very dusty place and this is necessary
4. ICE additions [Sub and amp]
5. Wood-trims on Dash
Think twice about this. Wood finish may not match the grey interiors.
6. Alloys.
Yippee! Your car is gonna end up looking and feeling even better!
I'm also curious - do you think a rear spoiler or side rubber / bumper rubber strips will make the car look better?
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 21:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
My replies in bold:

I really love the car and I'm glad I bought it.
Your car looks cool - I'm sure it draws a lot of attention.
The yellow stickers will definitely affect your reversing and visibility - do you really need them?

I'm also curious - do you think a rear spoiler or side rubber / bumper rubber strips will make the car look better?
Thanks. I have removed the yellow stickers except for the one that says "My cruising vessel" . I am looking for some good bumper strips as i do not want the paint to come of with it. I just need them to protect the scratches thar rickshaws put on, suggestions welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
Give her a set of spanking alloys. She deserves them. She's beautiful!
As soon as my Dad agrees to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrage911 View Post
remove all those yellow stickers man. Keep your car simple and elegant

Cheers
Sure Sahil, as mentioned i have reduced them to 2 from 4. Team-bhp and the car name stay on.

I shall keep this thread updated with any new additions i make. Thanks everyone.
Old 9th April 2009, 13:07   #25
BHPian

Hi Rapidsnail,
Congratulation... Its really a good choice. (I too own the U-VA LS Ivory Gold)

The U-VA (and other GM cars) are not so popular mainly due to the GM dealers. I could see more U-VAs & Sparks in Trivandrum & Mysore than in Bangalore. Reason is obvious - the dealer network !

-arun
arunnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 18:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunnn View Post
Hi Rapidsnail,
Congratulation... Its really a good choice. (I too own the U-VA LS Ivory Gold)

The U-VA (and other GM cars) are not so popular mainly due to the GM dealers. I could see more U-VAs & Sparks in Trivandrum & Mysore than in Bangalore. Reason is obvious - the dealer network !

-arun
In fact Spark is a latest hit in small towns due to its size, comfort, etc and aggresive pricing by GM off late.
WheelWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 09:56   #27
BHPian

I love that "Caution: I drive like you sticker". Will get one soon
Raj'sGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 17:19   #28
BHPian

Hi Friends,

As promised, some updates on my car. Today was her second service. She has clocked 4800Kms. Only engine oil was replaced. The car feels very much smooth and responsive now.

Some Good points:
1. Very comfortable till now. I can ride past bumps and hardly feel them. Its sturdy on road and pleasure to drive at 100+.
2. FE:- 12.5 with AC (City)
3. No issues in pickup/power. It surges as soon as the gas gets into her engine
4. Very effective AC. This has been a bad summer and i did not feel that the AC was ineffective.

Few Bad Points
1. The Wiper Motor developed some snag causing the wipers to stop midway and not reaching the resting point. It was changed in warranty. (The actual cost was Rs.1600)
2. Some rattle has cropped in on left front area below the dashboard. I think it is the ICE crossover. Need to check.
3. The front seats seem to lack required lumber support. I have placed a backrest, but i dfeel that the company should make it a part of the normal seat design. It really makes you feel relaxed on long drives.

Some extra things
1. My car got a sweet dimple on her right front door when a freak opened his car door on the traffic light without looking around. Being a glossy surface, one can see the effect , though it has hardly any depth.
2. The OEM Exide battery (sealed one) is leaking on one end. I saw it today only.

Some things
1. Grand Punto, i would love to bring red one red home for the company of my car. New hatches are too cool.
2. FE of Ritz (D) and other small cars make me a bit jealous.

I am enjoying the ride and it has been a good overall experience till now.

Enjoy driving
Ujjwal
Old 11th July 2009, 18:34   #29
BHPian

congratz rapidsnail!
the car does look elegant.
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote