Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th May 2009, 22:46   #151
Senior - BHPian

Nope Guys,
I am not asking about Deactivation of Trip B,I need to run either A or B
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 00:43   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yes planning to change the speakers.
But the Blaunkpunkt System is not good enough to handle high RMS as it's only 30*4 rms only.
we need to have Amplifier.But heard there is no o/p.
Please let me know if there is a way to add amp and woofers and High end speakers.
Sure there are ways. One option is to use a High/Low converter that is connected to your speaker outs and derive RCA outs that can then be used to connect an amplifier.Speak to a few good installers in your town mate.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 10:26   #153
BHPian

speaker level to RCA (low level) converters start from about 1800/- to 6000/- . Two quotes I got from 2 different installers.
Old 10th May 2009, 11:32   #154
BHPian

karthik ICE has also been discussed on other Linea threads. It's important that an installer understands Linea's electricals and integration issues with Blue and Me, etc
Old 10th May 2009, 13:16   #155
BHPian

Replacing the stock ICE of Linea would result in eventually loosing out all the functionality of Blue&Me (on emotion pack). This is going to nullify some of the additional cash one has shelled out to get the emotion pack. IMO getting an amp retrofitted and replacing the stock speakers should be a more optimal solution.
luky_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 22:38   #156
BHPian

Congrats mate on your beauty. Love the color.
jack7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 12:12   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Sure there are ways. One option is to use a High/Low converter that is connected to your speaker outs and derive RCA outs that can then be used to connect an amplifier.Speak to a few good installers in your town mate.
It is an option, but not a good one going from line to pre-out levels has issues with quality SNR / Distortion. Considering that this is no audiophile level ICE it willl be even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Replacing the stock ICE of Linea would result in eventually loosing out all the functionality of Blue&Me (on emotion pack). This is going to nullify some of the additional cash one has shelled out to get the emotion pack. IMO getting an amp retrofitted and replacing the stock speakers should be a more optimal solution.
Agreed, changing the ICE dosent make sense loosing blue n me / steering controls etc. replacing speakers is definately the first thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
karthik ICE has also been discussed on other Linea threads. It's important that an installer understands Linea's electricals and integration issues with Blue and Me, etc
Go to a blaupunkt dealer rather than anyone else, as they are given the details and training on this linea ICE model. I am going in for an upgrade will post more details as soon as I meet them up, just couldnt find time in past couple of weeks.
-xplora- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 12:15   #158
Senior - BHPian

Again I am going to meet CSM,Tata Motors on Saturday.
I have some issues need attention.
Some rattling and Speakers jarring sound.
He will take me to blaunkpunkt dealer in Chennai for checking the speakers.
I'll pen down about the Audio upgradation,once i return .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack7 View Post
Congrats mate on your beauty. Love the color.
Thanx Jack7
do you have any plan to buy Linea?

Last edited by v12 : 12th May 2009 at 12:25.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:21   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
It is an option, but not a good one going from line to pre-out levels has issues with quality SNR / Distortion. Considering that this is no audiophile level ICE it willl be even more.

Agreed, changing the ICE dosent make sense loosing blue n me / steering controls etc. replacing speakers is definately the first thing to do.

Go to a blaupunkt dealer rather than anyone else, as they are given the details and training on this linea ICE model. I am going in for an upgrade will post more details as soon as I meet them up, just couldnt find time in past couple of weeks.
waiting eagerly for you to share your Linea ICE installation experience and method, xplora. Curious to know how the Blaunkpunkt ISO cables method you had on your thread works out.
About using a high low converters there are a few brands available abroad that are not too bad in terms of noise reduction, etc.Just trying to work around the restrictions of the HU and this is an option.Cheers!

Last edited by pranava999 : 12th May 2009 at 12:25.
Old 12th May 2009, 14:16   #160
Senior - BHPian

@ neotraveller
Quote:
Although its a pain to cycle through each entry
You can press menu key anytime to come out of the trip menu in a jiffy.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 10:18   #161
BHPian

Hi linea owners,

i had concerns regarding linea which i wanted to clarify:

- the Linea site states that there are 2 glove boxes... 1 is in front of front passenger... where's the other?
- Also, the site states that there are Rear AC vents at foot and knee level. I could see only 1 rear vent at knee level. Is there another one?

Thanks
Ashish
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 11:30   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
Hi linea owners,

i had concerns regarding linea which i wanted to clarify:

- the Linea site states that there are 2 glove boxes... 1 is in front of front passenger... where's the other?
- Also, the site states that there are Rear AC vents at foot and knee level. I could see only 1 rear vent at knee level. Is there another one?

Thanks
Ashish
One glove box you can obviously see and second one is either the arm-rest in the center which has a storage compartment or the sun glasses storage box.

Yes they have foot level rear AC vents, you can go to this thread by NehaAmit, he has put shots of exactly all the AC vents in Linea Epack, I think its 9 or more

Extra glove box or not is fine, the silly thing is that there is no water bottle storage on the sides which irritates me, only the ones in the front are designed more for the US / EU market bottle / cup bottoms which are typically narrow, try fitting any bottled water available here in the Linea and its an entire project.
-xplora- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 11:36   #163
JRD
BHPian

ashish the two glove box is available on all models except emotion pk as it has airbags and theres only one rear vent at knee level.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 10:09   #164
Senior - BHPian

The Clips are still not avaialable.It's in transit.
So cancelled the meeting with CSM,Tata Motors and will be postponed to coming saturday.
VST Works manager assured me to get clips ASAP and be prepare to check speakers with Service Advisor from Blankpunkt.
Let's wait
Car is running good and get around 14.8 kmpl with 100% AC in City.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:03   #165
Senior - BHPian

Default check again

Quote:
It's in transit
This is the most common methodology these dealers adopt when something is not ready. Please make sure that it is really in transit. They said the same thing during the delivery of my car. And the car came after 1 month.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote