Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st June 2009, 13:11   #196
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from VST Motors.
OEM Mud Flaps is available right now.
I'll go there on coming saturday to fix MudFlaps and check unattended issues.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 21:18   #197
Senior - BHPian

Got installed MudFlaps and fixed niggling issues from VST Chennai.
I'll upload Photos soon......
Old 6th June 2009, 22:45   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Got installed MudFlaps and fixed niggling issues from VST Chennai.
I'll upload Photos soon......
good! upload fotos soon.

Mine will be installed on monday and i will be doing my first service too on the same day.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 11:07   #199
Senior - BHPian

Default 4000 kms photos uploaded lately

Check some snaps @ 4000 kms
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Streak Linea :)-imag0093.jpg  

Silver Streak Linea :)-imag0096.jpg  

Silver Streak Linea :)-imag0095.jpg  

Old 7th June 2009, 11:33   #200
BHPian

Congrats Karthik.

Its amazing the rate at which you all are clocking in the kms. I am still stuck at a mere 996kms. Off lat have been working from home a lot. Isn't the first service interval at 3000kms or 3 months, whichever is sooner?
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 11:45   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Congrats Karthik.

Its amazing the rate at which you all are clocking in the kms. I am still stuck at a mere 996kms. Off lat have been working from home a lot. Isn't the first service interval at 3000kms or 3 months, whichever is sooner?
I got my Linea 10 days after you and its already done 2500 kms. Yes, 1st service is due 3000 kms or 3 months whichever is sooner. Seems you are clocking kms at the slowest pace
You are enjoying the car slowly slowly, doesnt matter but atleast complete 1000 kms bro, its 2 months now. Havent you gone any long trip.
Karthik has taken his Linea on trips unlimited times and is taking full advantage of a MJD
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 12:09   #202
Senior - BHPian

yes guys,
I did a lot calculation and finally decided to go for MJD.
But i miscalculated and i spent more than 10K for Diesel itself within 45 days.
But every penny spent was worthy and really enjoyed each and every moment with my Silver Streak
Planned to go Tirupath,Bangalore,Vijayawada and my Native again in coming months
Awaiting those trips
Old 7th June 2009, 14:13   #203
BHPian

Looks like tough competition between me and pranava for the bottom rung!
I am at 1300km now (my Linea is now 2 months old).
No long drives yet.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 14:30   #204
BHPian

Congrats KArthik on the 4 0 0 0 km MARK

My Chico Emotion FIRE has clocked 3000 km in 42 days. Goes in for First Service on Monday (tomorrow).

Last edited by FastLove : 7th June 2009 at 14:31.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 14:33   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I got my Linea 10 days after you and its already done 2500 kms. Yes, 1st service is due 3000 kms or 3 months whichever is sooner. Seems you are clocking kms at the slowest pace
You are enjoying the car slowly slowly, doesnt matter but atleast complete 1000 kms bro, its 2 months now. Havent you gone any long trip.
Karthik has taken his Linea on trips unlimited times and is taking full advantage of a MJD

True, true. Well will try and do the last 4 kms to the 1k mark today - 'hopefully' . The longest round trip I have gone is about is Mysore - 330 odd kms . Had planned a drive to Belur-Halebid this weekend but had to postpone it. Hopefully, weather permitting will happen next week. Seems like she is slowly becoming my highway steed rather than my city steed. :(
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 09:50   #206
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Fitted Mud Flaps.But the Screw is very awkward in metal color.
Planned to paint with Black color and take some photos and post here.
Might be it'll be look good once painted in black color(either matt or gloss finish balck paint.)
Already i tried with permanent Black Marker.But it's not look effective.

Coolboy,
how you painted your MudFlaps.
It's like a rubber and how the paint stuck on this surface.
had you done any pre work to paint it in Body Color.
Old 8th June 2009, 10:07   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Coolboy,
how you painted your MudFlaps.
It's like a rubber and how the paint stuck on this surface.
had you done any pre work to paint it in Body Color.
Here are the pics
Silver Streak Linea :)-picture-linea-021.jpg
Well to be honest, i didnt pay a buck to get them coloured as a friend of ours runs a denting and painting workshop. I handled over the mud flaps to him, told him to colour it as the odd design didnt gel well with the silver colour( especially rear mud flaps). My friend also works on Mercs and Bmw so i hope he did something which wont wear off after 1000-2000 kms.
He gave them back after few days, got it fitted at showroom and again went back to get those screws coloured.

No pre work or coating was done on it but am sure it was a rubber paint or powder coated as till now after 500 kms the colour is still safe and the paint hasnt gone off the mud flaps. Let me see what happens after 1000-2000 kms as this is the first time i got mud flaps coloured (did after i read that some ANHC owners got them coloured)
Old 8th June 2009, 10:18   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Here are the pics
Attachment 145513
Well to be honest, i didnt pay a buck to get them coloured as a friend of ours runs a denting and painting workshop. I handled over the mud flaps to him, told him to colour it as the odd design didnt gel well with the silver colour( especially rear mud flaps). My friend also works on Mercs and Bmw so i hope he did something which wont wear off after 1000-2000 kms.
He gave them back after few days, got it fitted at showroom and again went back to get those screws coloured.

No pre work or coating was done on it but am sure it was a rubber paint or powder coated as till now after 500 kms the colour is still safe and the paint hasnt gone off the mud flaps. Let me see what happens after 1000-2000 kms as this is the first time i got mud flaps coloured (did after i read that some ANHC owners got them coloured)
Yep in ANHC the Mudflaps are plastic kind of material and in Matt finish.
So paint can easily sit on this mudflaps.
But ours are very glossy,i tried with permanent marker.after an hour i just rubbed with my hands,black color came easily :(.
This week,i try with Enamel paint.let's see what happens.
Old 8th June 2009, 10:29   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep in ANHC the Mudflaps are plastic kind of material and in Matt finish.
So paint can easily sit on this mudflaps.
But ours are very glossy,i tried with permanent marker.after an hour i just rubbed with my hands,black color came easily :(.
This week,i try with Enamel paint.let's see what happens.
I think your service centre VST is very helpful. Why dont you ask for help from them? Am sure they will tell you the way. Permanent marker wouldnt work. I still hate the design of rear mud flaps with their long ears coming out even though i have got them painted.
Even my friend asked me if any paint will stick on this surface as my Scorpio came with factory fitted metal mud flaps and paint is still there as expected after 50000 kms.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:07   #210
BANNED

Quote:
But the Screw is very awkward in metal color.
Planned to paint with Black color and take some photos and post here.
Might be it'll be look good once painted in black color(either matt or gloss finish balck paint.)
Already i tried with permanent Black Marker.But it's not look effective.
Yes, Screws are very awkward & they shine. I asked them to choose only the black-looking screws, in fact I chose them from their dibba. But could not find black washer which are silver & are shining.

I asked them that I want to paint the mudflap. the advisor took me to another floor where they have paint area & got hold of the paint supervisor there. He checked the mudflaps & said it can't be painted. He said had the flaps were hard it could have been painted. But since flaps are soft PVC-like material, the paint will not stick particularly if you bend it the paint will develop cracks & peel off.

I still think one can paint them as coolboy got it done, may be powder coating is reqd
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote