Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th June 2009, 20:01   #211
BHPian

Hey Karthik how about rubbing off the gloss with some light grade sandpaper and then getting it painted. Could be a small DIY project too. All you need is sandpaper and a can of spray paint. However I am not to be held responsible if it does not come out well. Just an idea!

In anycase any updates on how to integrate an amplifier to the HU?? Did you happen to ask the Blaupunkt technician there?
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 20:03   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Looks like tough competition between me and pranava for the bottom rung!
I am at 1300km now (my Linea is now 2 months old).
No long drives yet.
Yes yes... finally some competition. I am going to get close to your mark soon though buddy.
Old 8th June 2009, 20:32   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Hey Karthik how about rubbing off the gloss with some light grade sandpaper and then getting it painted. Could be a small DIY project too. All you need is sandpaper and a can of spray paint. However I am not to be held responsible if it does not come out well. Just an idea!

In anycase any updates on how to integrate an amplifier to the HU?? Did you happen to ask the Blaupunkt technician there?
yep i tried that too.But the sand paper didn't do it's work properly.

Blaupunkt service guy might be coming tommorrow to my home.i'll let you know once i meet him
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 21:25   #214
BHPian

Great you actually did give sandpaper a try. Sure do keep me posted, also ask him if the blaupunkt RCA/ISO cable can be attached to the rear of the head unit.Thanks.

Any idea what grade engine oil is used for the Linea? Any after market engine oils such as Mobil that meet the required specs?
Old 9th June 2009, 09:42   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great you actually did give sandpaper a try. Sure do keep me posted, also ask him if the blaupunkt RCA/ISO cable can be attached to the rear of the head unit.Thanks.

Any idea what grade engine oil is used for the Linea? Any after market engine oils such as Mobil that meet the required specs?
Sure i'll check with Service Advisor.

For Engine Oil, I forgot the grade.I need to check it in the User Manual.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:34   #216
BHPian

I meant if you know any after market brands that is the same grade such as Mobil 1, etc.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:42   #217
Senior - BHPian

After getting midas touch from VST guys,The car is super silent as of now.
In Linea,Every where they are using glue to stick the Plastic parts with either metal or cloth covering.
In the rear seat belt assembly,there is a plastic cowl near the Quater panel.
when i was cleaning my car i just rubbed the portion and the cowl came off.
It's like a clip joint.after that i used Quick fix glue and pasted it again.
Guys Beware, while cleaning you beloved car.
Old 9th June 2009, 13:12   #218
BHPian

When are you people having Chennai-Linea Meet ? Any updates ? If so let me know i will join the bash
ManMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 10:01   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When are you people having Chennai-Linea Meet ? Any updates ? If so let me know i will join the bash
This sunday at ecr. please check redone thread
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 11:38   #220
BHPian

Quote:
I meant if you know any after market brands that is the same grade such as Mobil 1, etc.
Bharath,

The following excerpt from the Selenia website www.selenia.net should give you a good idea about the motor oil which goes into the Linea Petrol
Quote:
SELENIA K

DESCRIPTION
Synthetic lubricant ideal for the most modern petrol engines. Owing to its unique formula, it warrants high resistance to oxidisation, the utmost protection in "stop & go" driving and outstanding perfomance whatever the weather.

CHARACTERISTICS
Selenia K is the synthetic lubricant with innovative technology that warrants optimal cold starting and maximum protection also in urban driving. In "stop & go" driving, a standard lubricant suffers an accelerated stress, with the creation of sludges and consequent performance's reduction. Owing to its special additivation, based on dispersant molecules, Selenia K avoids sludges'creation. Its tecnologically advanced formula permits to obtain:
  • the most actual international omologation API SM that guarantees maximal resistance to oxidation, extreme protection against deposits, optimal perfomances at low temperatures
  • the exclusive omologation Fiat 9.55535-M2/BZ, for nwe EURO IV Fiat group FIRE engines, thanks to its 5W-40 viscosimetric range with relevant Fuel Economy features.
Technical Data
SAE 5W-40, ACEA A3/B3, API SM, FIAT 9.55535-M2 CONTRACTUAL TECHNICAL REFERENCE NF214.I05, VW 505.00, VW 502.00, MB 229.3
Basically its a 5W-40 which has been produced specifically for Fiat by Selenia. Please note that the engine oils are different for the petrol and diesel engines eventhough they are both 5W-40 other characteristics are different.

Petrol 1.4 FIRE - Selenia K
Diesel 1.3 Multijet - Selenia WR 5W-40

These are fully synthetic oils and Selenia is the prefered engine oil brand for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Maserati all over the world!

Actually its not very expensive at all abt Rs530+ per Ltr

Last edited by rajagopal_j : 10th June 2009 at 11:40. Reason: made the excerpt as a quote
rajagopal_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 12:25   #221
Senior - BHPian

yes Mobil and Shell has 5w40 fully synthetic oils.
But Service Manager recommended only Selenia Oil.
Old 11th June 2009, 16:55   #222
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from TATA CSM regarding Speaker jarring.
Jarring above the volume 15 is normal.he asked about mine.
I told, it's start jarring at volume level 10 itself even at 9.
He told,he will place an order for a new set of speakers and replace it.
Let's wait
Old 11th June 2009, 17:02   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajagopal_j View Post
Bharath,

The following excerpt from the Selenia website www.selenia.net should give you a good idea about the motor oil which goes into the Linea Petrol

Basically its a 5W-40 which has been produced specifically for Fiat by Selenia. Please note that the engine oils are different for the petrol and diesel engines eventhough they are both 5W-40 other characteristics are different.

Petrol 1.4 FIRE - Selenia K
Diesel 1.3 Multijet - Selenia WR 5W-40

These are fully synthetic oils and Selenia is the prefered engine oil brand for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Maserati all over the world!

Actually its not very expensive at all abt Rs530+ per Ltr
Thanks bro for the finer details. Won't be messing with the oil, will stick to the OE!!

Finally you speak a word here eh? Hows the car. Got held up with something the other day could not return the call. BTW hows the car doing? Down with a bad flu so voice all screwed. Will call once its back to form...

Last edited by pranava999 : 11th June 2009 at 17:06.
Old 11th June 2009, 17:09   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Got a call from TATA CSM regarding Speaker jarring.
Jarring above the volume 15 is normal.he asked about mine.
I told, it's start jarring at volume level 10 itself even at 9.
He told,he will place an order for a new set of speakers and replace it.
Let's wait
Good going mate. My car's shaping up for an ICE upgrade in the coming few months. Am excited about it and at the same time a bit nervous as well.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:59   #225
Senior - BHPian

i am also planning to upgrade speakers alone in my linea. Planning to take off the 4 speakers oem and put 4 good quality speakers of the same size and fit in the same area. I dont want to mess with the headunit as i fear loosing steering and blue and me controls.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote