Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th June 2009, 09:57   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post

any how post yours.so that i'll talk with the CSM and ask him to take necessary action to fix these issues.
Karthik,
As discussed, I am attaching pictures of the bulge. With mobile cam, it was difficult to get a picture which shows the bulge clearly, as it is quite small.

Concorde offerred to get it painted, what do you think?

Gears,
Red-One.
Attached Images

RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 10:05   #287
Senior - BHPian

Thanx redone,

Yes,this is good but needs to paint entire bonnet.
Please check with them again and let me know

Last edited by aks_karthik : 25th June 2009 at 10:09.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 10:27   #288
Senior - BHPian

i dont think the small bump will get resolved by painting the bonnet alone. First they have to level the bump and then paint it.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 10:31   #289
Senior - BHPian

yes aswin,dent removal + painting otherwise there's no meaning for it na.
Only issue is,for this small bulge also they need to paint the entire bonnet.
otherwise the paint area color won't match with rest of the bonnet.
Old 29th June 2009, 09:18   #290
Senior - BHPian

Tata CSM and Works Manager of VST motors were come to my house for inspecting the car on last saturday.
Tata CSM found some hinges in bonnet lock might be caused the bulge.
So he took some photos and sent them to FIL.once he gets the feedback from FIL he will do the next step.
They are ready to remove dent and paint it again.But without knowing the root cause will occur the same bulge again after some months.
so waiting for the feedback from FIL.
Check the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Streak Linea :)-image146.jpg  

Last edited by aks_karthik : 29th June 2009 at 09:20.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:42   #291
Senior - BHPian

Smile Bonnet lock/latch I guess...

Hi,
From what the picture tells me, it look like it is a part of the bonnet lock.latch system which somehow protrudes above the level of the bonnet and causes it to bulge due to the bonnet's own weight pressing down upon the protruding part. It may also be a case of some part of the bonnet lock hitting under the bonnet when the car travels on bumps/potholes. I will go to the fiat showroom today and have a look at the demo cars there and check if this is a common feature.
I have been following your thread closely as I too intend to purchase a Linea MJD Dymanic/Emotion.
And of course, please accept my congratulations on the purchase of a really good car.
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 15:06   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi,
From what the picture tells me, it look like it is a part of the bonnet lock.latch system which somehow protrudes above the level of the bonnet and causes it to bulge due to the bonnet's own weight pressing down upon the protruding part. It may also be a case of some part of the bonnet lock hitting under the bonnet when the car travels on bumps/potholes. I will go to the fiat showroom today and have a look at the demo cars there and check if this is a common feature.
I have been following your thread closely as I too intend to purchase a Linea MJD Dymanic/Emotion.
And of course, please accept my congratulations on the purchase of a really good car.
Hey thanx.
ya advance Congrats & Welcome to FIAT Linea world.
you will definitely enjoy each and every second you spend with this Italian Beauty.
Go for Emotion pack.it will give you a lot of stuffs for that money.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 29th June 2009 at 15:16.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:13   #293
Senior - BHPian

Default Convert MP3 files to Blue & me standard

Hi Linea owners,

Already posted about the issues with blue & me not playing some MP3 files.
I have been scratched my head for a long time to make the MP3 files to play.
I have found a software which converts MP3 files to Blue&me known format/standard.
Rest in this URL:
http://www.spoelstrait.nl/BluMeUSB/

I used this software and converted all my files in my Pen drive.
Now every MP3 files in my 4GB Pen drive is playing fine.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 29th June 2009 at 15:16.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:54   #294
Senior - BHPian

Default Its all about the money, honey...!!!

Quote:
Hey thanx.
ya advance Congrats & Welcome to FIAT Linea world.
you will definitely enjoy each and every second you spend with this Italian Beauty.
Go for Emotion pack.it will give you a lot of stuffs for that money.
Thank you for your advice Karthik. I would love to go for the Emotion Pack on the Linea MJD but am not sure if I can afford it as it is considerably above my budget. In fact, the Linea too is above by budget but it has smitten me ever since it was launched and that is why I m ready to stretch my funds to buy it.
Just a passing question, what did the car cost you on road in Chennai?
Old 29th June 2009, 17:22   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your advice Karthik. I would love to go for the Emotion Pack on the Linea MJD but am not sure if I can afford it as it is considerably above my budget. In fact, the Linea too is above by budget but it has smitten me ever since it was launched and that is why I m ready to stretch my funds to buy it.
For me,it came around 9.15 lakhs.
But the price was increased by 20+ k.
so now the onroad might be around 9.4 lakhs.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:26   #296
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Linea owners,

Already posted about the issues with blue & me not playing some MP3 files.
I have been scratched my head for a long time to make the MP3 files to play.
I have found a software which converts MP3 files to Blue&me known format/standard.
Rest in this URL:
http://www.spoelstrait.nl/BluMeUSB/

I used this software and converted all my files in my Pen drive.
Now every MP3 files in my 4GB Pen drive is playing fine.
Karthik - I had downloaded this file on saturday but have not yet used it. Thanks. Since now its working as you found out, its comfortable to apply it to the MP3 songs to rectify the tags.

Quote:
How about Petrol Emotion Pack, if your monthly running is less than 2000 2200 km's?
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 12:41   #297
Senior - BHPian

Post Love torque and cheap running costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
How about Petrol Emotion Pack, if your monthly running is less than 2000 2200 km's?
Hi VahanPujari,
My average monthly running is indeed less than 2000kms but I am a very regular long distance traveller, call me cross country if you like and I try my best to avoid any other means of travel other than my own (it is a Bullet Electra as of now) to reach any place within India. On such trips, as you are aware, the diesel has significantly lower running costs and is affordable. In the city, the higher torque of a diesel too makes driving easier.
By the way, are there any big differences between the Dynamic and the Emotion packs apart from the Blue and Me and integrated sound system?
I have visited the website but have not been able to gather much info
Old 30th June 2009, 12:48   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi VahanPujari,
My average monthly running is indeed less than 2000kms but I am a very regular long distance traveller, call me cross country if you like and I try my best to avoid any other means of travel other than my own (it is a Bullet Electra as of now) to reach any place within India. On such trips, as you are aware, the diesel has significantly lower running costs and is affordable. In the city, the higher torque of a diesel too makes driving easier.
By the way, are there any big differences between the Dynamic and the Emotion packs apart from the Blue and Me and integrated sound system?
Check this link.
Fiat Linea Dynamic 1.3 MJD vs Fiat Linea Dynamic Pk 1.3 MJD vs Fiat Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com=
Old 30th June 2009, 13:02   #299
BANNED

Quote:
Hi VahanPujari,
If you are a frequent long distance traveller, I suggest Airbags are a MUST.
Check out following comparison from DriveInside.com

Pict Bitmap 2, 2, 0, 2, 11, 100, 3, 2 Bitmap 3, 0, 0, 0, 11, 100, 3, 0 Bitmap 4, 1, 0, 0, 11, 100, 3, 0 Bitmap Bitmap 5, 0, 0, 0, 11, 100, 3, 0 Bitmap 6, 0, 0, 0, 11, 100, 3, 0 Bitmap 7, 0, 0, 0, 11, 100, 3, 0 Bitmap 8, 0, 0, 0, 11, 100, 3, 0 Bitmap 9, 0, 0, 0, 11, 100, 3, 0 Bitmap 10, 0, 0, 0, 11, 100, 3, 0 Bitmap Bitmap
Compare AllBitmap 13, 0, 0, 0, 14, 100, 3, 0 Bitmap Bitmap 6506787202009 Fiat Linea Dynamic (Petrol) - Sedan 1.4L 5-Spd. MT2009 Fiat Linea Dynamic Pk (Petrol) - Sedan 1.4L 5-Spd. MT w/ ABS2009 Fiat Linea Emotion Pk (Petrol) - Sedan 1.4L 5-Spd MT w/ AirbagsAlloy WheelsNot AvailableNot AvailableStandardLeather Steering WheelNot AvailableNot AvailableStandardAutomatic Climate ControlNot AvailableNot AvailableStandardAir Quality ControlNot AvailableNot AvailableStandardRemote Trunk OpenerNot AvailableNot AvailableStandardCup Holders - RearNot AvailableNot AvailableStandardMulti-function Steering WheelNot AvailableNot AvailableStandardAnti-Lock Braking SystemOptionalStandardStandardDriver AirbagNot AvailableNot AvailableStandardPassenger AirbagNot AvailableNot AvailableStandardKeyless EntryNot AvailableNot AvailableStandardCD PlayerOptionalStandardStandardRadio (AM/FM)OptionalStandardStandardAudio System Remote ControlNot AvailableNot AvailableStandard

Here is what I posted on other thread earlier...

Quote:
I did the following calculations before buying. However, I had some other strong reason also to go for Petrol. You can find a related thread here -->> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...a-verna-5.html (If Airbags is not an issue, which diesel to go? Linea or Verna?) (If Airbags is not an issue, which diesel to go? Linea or Verna?)

After becoming t-bhpian, I have come to know following which you should look at to decide Petrol or Diesel

1) Following calculations
2) Torque in Diesel as suggested by bottle above
3) Resale Value - Its evident that Resale value of MJD is always higher than Petrol & in all probabilities, it would stay like that.

The decision depends on individual requirements/ preferences. e.g. I don't have any poreference to point 2 & 3 above & had another strong reason for going for petrol.

On your query on power during AC ON or OFF - it applies to all vehicles & all variants Diesel or petrol. I gues what you're asking relates to power difference in Linea petrol vs Diesel. Linea petrol gives 90 BHP & Diesel gives 85 BHP. Though Petrol power is more sometimes people prefer Torque by Diesel.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari

Loving_aalap
I would still suggest your friend to calculate again. As I understand, his monthly running is around 1700 km & he has a budget for C seg Diesel car (not the higher variant) i.e. around 7.75 to 8 Lacs

Petrol: 1700 km/11 FE = 154 litres * Rs. 44.55 = Rs. 6885/month
Diesel: 1700 km/14 FE = 121 litres * Rs. 34.45 = Rs. 4168/month

i.e. difference of Rs. 2716/month savings

Against this saving, diesel car price is say higher by 1.20 Lacs than petrol car. After 4 yrs this addl "investment" of 1.20 Lacs will become 1.75 Lacs @ 10% compunded interest. To cover this cost of 1.75 Lacs, it would have taken 64 months (Rs. 1.75 Lacs/ Rs. 2716 per month saving) to breakeven i.e. he will cover addl cost of diesel engine in 5 years & 4 months. After 5 yrs in all probability, he would change the car anyways so why not to enjoy Petrol ride?

Within his budget of "not-top line diesel" variant, he can get a top of the line variant of Petrol sedan (not sure about verna top variant which is costlier).

Reg Airbags also, see we won't need it, probably will never need it (pray). But its like just in case___ . Like an Insurance, but better than Insurance as Insurance is not a preventive/precaution (still we all have insurance, right?) but Airbag is a precaution & a preventive measure, you know just in case__. & unlike insurance, the payout is not every year but one-off.

Brilliant calculation.

But may be atypical mind set, that even if you pay high at once, you are pay less thereafter, so my friend will never buy a petrol

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2009 at 17:15. Reason: Please do not cut-copy-paste text from other sources. It results in naked FONT TAGS showing up
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 13:24   #300
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Thank You...

Hi Karthik,
Thank you for the link. I just had a look at it and I have come up with the differences that were mentioned there. Please correct me if I m wrong.
Comfort:
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
Front seat armrest with glove box.
Remote tailgate open Electric.
Rear armrest with cup holder.
Double Folding Rear Back Seat.
Vanity Mirror Both side Illuminated.
Automatic Climate Control.
CD / MP3 Radio with FM.
Heated External Mirrors.

Exterior:
Body-side Molding Chrome.
Outside Door Handles Chrome.
Safety:
Keyless Entry.

Dynamic Dynamic Pk Emotion
Rs. 7,41,447 Rs. 7,70,266 Rs. 7,90,860

Hence the difference between the Dynamic Pk (My choice so far) and the Emotion is around 20k.

I will go to local fiat Dealer today in the afternoon and get my quotation for both the variants before making my final decision.
Coming to the bonnet bulges, were you able to zero down on the reason for the same so far??