Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th June 2009, 13:28   #301
BANNED

Sorry. The comparison chart was copied from excel hence many junk characters due to fonts/ formatting. Here is an Excel file attached

@mods - pls delete the part of the above post with junk format characters.
Linea Variants.xls
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 13:41   #302
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Back to Square One.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
If you are a frequent long distance traveller, I suggest Airbags are a MUST.
I agree with you on the fact that airbags are indeed a must if long distance travel is involved but I m not sure if I can afford that model (Emotion Pk).

Let me also share with you something which now seems relavant to me. Before looking at the new Linea, I was also planning of purchasing a pre owned Skoda Octavia as I could get all the features of the Emotion Pk (well, almost) at a comparable price.
Now since we are at this juncture where we feel that airbags are a must, what do you think of that option.
New Linea Emotion or a Less than 40k kms used Octavia 1.9tdi (any version). Sorry if it seems off topic...
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 13:51   #303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Safety:
Keyless Entry.
You missed the big one, mate. The Airbags which is a MUST I feel. Dynamic & Dynamic Pack do not have it.
Also, the ABS - Dynamic does not have it
Old 30th June 2009, 13:54   #304
BANNED

Quote:
I agree with you on the fact that airbags are indeed a must if long distance travel is involved but I m not sure if I can afford that model (Emotion Pk).

Let me also share with you something which now seems relavant to me. Before looking at the new Linea, I was also planning of purchasing a pre owned Skoda Octavia as I could get all the features of the Emotion Pk (well, almost) at a comparable price.
Now since we are at this juncture where we feel that airbags are a must, what do you think of that option.
New Linea Emotion or a Less than 40k kms used Octavia 1.9tdi (any version). Sorry if it seems off topic...
STAY AWAY FROM SKODA. Check the horror threads here about its ridiculous service & company's attitude to solve customer issues.
Emotion Pack Petrol you'll get below 8 Lacs
Old 30th June 2009, 13:56   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You missed the big one, mate. The Airbags which is a MUST I feel. Dynamic & Dynamic Pack do not have it.
Also, the ABS - Dynamic does not have it
Right. My choice was the Dynamic Pk which has ABS and EBD but no airbags which is why I am back to my dilemma of a new Linea or a used Octavia.....
Old 30th June 2009, 13:59   #306
Senior - BHPian

Default Caution

Don't go for Skoda.
you might have heard a lot of problem with cars and dealerships of Skoda.
Linea is the right choice.if you are Ok with punto's Rear and Boot space.
then go for Punto MJD Emotion pack.it comes around OTR 7.5 lakhs only and has all goodies in Linea Emotion pack.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 14:04   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Karthik,
Thank you for the link. I just had a look at it and I have come up with the differences that were mentioned there. Please correct me if I m wrong.
Comfort:
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
Front seat armrest with glove box.
Remote tailgate open Electric.
Rear armrest with cup holder.
Double Folding Rear Back Seat.
Vanity Mirror Both side Illuminated.
Automatic Climate Control.
CD / MP3 Radio with FM.
Heated External Mirrors.

Exterior:
Body-side Molding Chrome.
Outside Door Handles Chrome.
Safety:
Keyless Entry.

Dynamic Dynamic Pk Emotion
Rs. 7,41,447 Rs. 7,70,266 Rs. 7,90,860

Hence the difference between the Dynamic Pk (My choice so far) and the Emotion is around 20k.

I will go to local fiat Dealer today in the afternoon and get my quotation for both the variants before making my final decision.
Coming to the bonnet bulges, were you able to zero down on the reason for the same so far??
In addition
1.Rear Knee level AC vent.(essential to rear passengers on long drives)
2.Sunglass Holder(very useful to keep your specs)
3.Collapsible Rear Sun Curtain

Last edited by aks_karthik : 30th June 2009 at 14:06.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:07   #308
Senior - BHPian

Default Strangely surprised...

Quote:
STAY AWAY FROM SKODA. Check the horror threads here about its ridiculous service & company's attitude to solve customer issues.
Emotion Pack Petrol you'll get below 8 Lacs
I have been going through the threads in this forum about the Octavia sold by Nummer Eins, the erstwhile Skoda dealership at Mumbai and the horrendous issues faced by that customer and a few others as well.
Some how, it seems though, that I havent faced any of them so far, touchwood.
I do not own a Skoda but I have taken around 4-5 Octavias for service and other issues at the local TAFE Access dealership at Bangalore and have always come out smiling. It may be due to the fact that I know a few people there but, I have also had the need to contact their On-Road-Service and that too has been pretty satisfactory ( how does a TaT of 45 mins and a bill of Rs: 600.00 sound??). I can, in fact try my best to assist any fellow TBHPians from Bangalore having issues with their Skodas through my contacts at TAFE Access.

Also, at TBHP there is thread of an Octavia which has clocked 90k kms approximately and the user had no issues apart from regular service and upkeep. I m sure there are many more like cars and customers like that.

Moreover, Skoda has been a succesfull brand in India so far, right? So, dont you think that the probability of ending up with a lemon is pretty rare?

Awaiting your say on this,
Old 30th June 2009, 14:13   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been going through the threads in this forum about the Octavia sold by Nummer Eins, the erstwhile Skoda dealership at Mumbai and the horrendous issues faced by that customer and a few others as well.
I do not own a Skoda but I have taken around 4-5 Octavias for service and other issues at the local TAFE Access dealership at Bangalore and have always come out smiling. It may be due to the fact that I know a few people there but, I have also had the need to contact their On-Road-Service and that too has been pretty satisfactory ( how does a TaT of 45 mins and a bill of Rs: 600.00 sound??). I can, in fact try my best to assist any fellow TBHPians from Bangalore having issues with their Skodas through my contacts at TAFE Access.

Also, at TBHP there is thread of an Octavia which has clocked 90k kms approximately and the user had no issues apart from regular service and upkeep. I m sure there are many more like cars and customers like that.

Moreover, Skoda has been a succesfull brand in India so far, right? So, dont you think that the probability of ending up with a lemon is pretty rare?

Hey why do you try your luck by getting the skoda car.
Yes Skoda cars are very good and i too booked and cancelled Skoda Laura before buying Fiat Linea.
I love those cars but maintenance and spares are very pricey.
Please check with some other bhpians before you go for skoda.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:17   #310
BANNED

Quote:

I've nothing more to say about Skoda but for an absolutely disrespectful, arrogant outfit which wants to rip off the consumers.

You may have 1 case above against that there are innumerable similar cases of parts stolen by Skoda dealers & replaced with spurious parts (thats very dangerous apart from financial implications)

Also, have checked various threads here. Skoda's mechanical parts tend to break down sooner compared to other cars. Also, check out spare parts costs. Skoda spares cost a bomb as compared to Linea & remember it'll be a used skoda so all the more probability of parts changing/ failure

There are so many variables going against buying a used Skoda.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:38   #311
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy You hit the nail on the head....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hey why do you try your luck by getting the skoda car.
Yes Skoda cars are very good and i too booked and cancelled Skoda Laura before buying Fiat Linea.
I love those cars but maintenance and spares are very pricey.
Please check with some other bhpians before you go for skoda.
I too love Skoda especially the Octavia due to its superb build quality and longevity. I have driven it over long distances and it is very reliable and comfortable.
As you rightly said, spares cost a bomb but last that much longer as well. Even on the fuel consumption count, the Octavia is very good.

Yes, there is no point in trying "my luck" while buying a car, which is why I shifted my preference to the Linea which was at least similar in build quality and handling. But, as I said earlier, the Emotion Pk with airbags is way above what I can afford to purchase but is very safe for long distance travel which is why I feel like I m stuck again.
Any other TBHPians-Mods wanting to voice their opinion are most welcome to do so
Good used Octavia with airbags, ABS, EBD, Almost same engine specs as the Linea with better performance or a New Linea Dynamic/Dynamic Pk??
Old 30th June 2009, 14:41   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've nothing more to say about Skoda but for an absolutely disrespectful, arrogant outfit which wants to rip off the consumers.

You may have 1 case above against that there are innumerable similar cases of parts stolen by Skoda dealers & replaced with spurious parts (thats very dangerous apart from financial implications)

Also, have checked various threads here. Skoda's mechanical parts tend to break down sooner compared to other cars. Also, check out spare parts costs. Skoda spares cost a bomb as compared to Linea & remember it'll be a used skoda so all the more probability of parts changing/ failure

There are so many variables going against buying a used Skoda.

You are completely correct about the spare parts prices of Skoda. They are really expensive. So, in your opinion is the Linea Dynamic Pk a better car than an Octavia?
Old 30th June 2009, 14:48   #313
Senior - BHPian

Smile Back to Linea experience then...

Hey Karthik,
Has any progress been made on the bonnet bulges on your car so far?
Old 30th June 2009, 14:50   #314
BANNED

Quote:
You are completely correct about the spare parts prices of Skoda. They are really expensive. So, in your opinion is the Linea Dynamic Pk a better car than an Octavia?
I'm incorrigible, Ain't I? Can't resist on insisting on Emotion Pack. For little over 35K (if you can stretch or manage or wait for sometime for it to get accumulated), you get so many additional thingies (incl Airbags which is a major safety feature).
Alloy Wheels
Leather Steering Wheel
Automatic Climate Control
Air Quality Control
Remote Trunk Opener
Cup Holders - Rear
Multi-function Steering Wheel
Driver Airbag
Passenger Airbag
Keyless Entry

Last edited by VahanPujari : 30th June 2009 at 14:57.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:00   #315
Senior - BHPian

Wink Just 35k??

Quote:
I'm incorrigible, Ain't I? Can't resist on insisting on Emotion Pack. For little over 35K (if you can stretch or manage or wait for sometime for it to get accumulated), you get so many additional thingies (incl Airbags which is a major safety feature).
Alloy Wheels
Leather Steering Wheel
Automatic Climate Control
Air Quality Control
Remote Trunk Opener
Cup Holders - Rear
Multi-function Steering Wheel
Driver Airbag
Passenger Airbag
Keyless Entry
Audio System Remote Control

Naah, you are good, just trying to get me a good car dude Appreciate it, honestly.
The difference between the Dynamic Pk and the Emotion Pk is Rs: 80296.00 at this link:
Fiat Linea Dynamic 1.3 MJD vs Fiat Linea Dynamic Pk 1.3 MJD vs Fiat Linea Emotion Pk 1.3 MJD | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com

Wot say now?