Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 15:33   #316
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,713
Thanked: 1,423 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Before looking at the new Linea, I was also planning of purchasing a pre owned Skoda Octavia as I could get all the features of the Emotion Pk (well, almost) at a comparable price.
New Linea Emotion or a Less than 40k kms used Octavia 1.9tdi (any version). Sorry if it seems off topic...
1. Am i missing something here? You in all probabilities (40k kms run) might be getting a 1.9 TDI RIDER which i was getting as a second hand option. It doesnt has following things compared to Linea,

Front pas airbag
Automatic climate control
ABS AND EBD (deal off for me)
No MID display of various things like fe, avg speed etc.
Dual tone interiors
No Intergrated audio system
And many more things which am not able to even recall

I have seen people here on their Octavias getting clutch overhauls at 30-35 k kms and that costs no less than 15-20 k. Spares are damn damn costly and a 40000 run Octavia will have wear n tear of such parts. On the top their service centres are worst. In my Uncle's octavia Silvertone put in used engine oil and billed them for new oil. It was after 15 days we took the car to a known mechanic he told us "yeh kala used oil hai"

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Naah, you are good, just trying to get me a good car dude Appreciate it, honestly.
The difference between the Dynamic Pk and the Emotion Pk is Rs: 80296.00 at this link:
Wot say now?
In delhi diff between emotion pack and dynamic pk is 55k. If you have budget constraints go for Dynamic pack as even Emotion doesnt makes sense. Anyone getting emotion should buy E+. ABS and EBD is a must, if you cant afford airbags model then leave it. I know its a big safety plus but what to do if one has budget constraints.
Go for Dynamic pack.
Dynamics will not have arm rest, seat belt warning, non electric tailgate open, rear armrest and ACC, sun curtain, leather wrapped steering wheels.

to me only imp is front armrest and Automatic climate control. Make your choice. Diff between Emotion and dynamics is roughly 20k.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 15:40   #317
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,850
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hey Karthik,
Has any progress been made on the bonnet bulges on your car so far?
Nope,I haven't got any feedback from TATA CSM.
Waiting for his response.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 16:24   #318
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Naah, you are good, just trying to get me a good car dude Appreciate it, honestly.
The difference between the Dynamic Pk and the Emotion Pk is Rs: 80296.00 at this link:
Fiat Linea Dynamic 1.3 MJD vs Fiat Linea Dynamic Pk 1.3 MJD vs Fiat Linea Emotion Pk 1.3 MJD | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com

Wot say now?
Pls check again with the dealer this time. that was the difference when I bought. Linea has 5 models in Petrol & all are with a difference of about 20 - 30 K price hike. not more than that. Dynamic to E+ is 2 variant jump means 35 - 50K jump, nor much more than that - 80K seems unlikely
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 16:34   #319
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Smile Skodas arent that bad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
1. Am i missing something here? You in all probabilities (40k kms run) might be getting a 1.9 TDI RIDER which i was getting as a second hand option. It doesnt has following things compared to Linea,

Front pas airbag
Automatic climate control
ABS AND EBD (deal off for me)
No MID display of various things like fe, avg speed etc.
Dual tone interiors
No Intergrated audio system
And many more things which am not able to even recall

I have seen people here on their Octavias getting clutch overhauls at 30-35 k kms and that costs no less than 15-20 k. Spares are damn damn costly and a 40000 run Octavia will have wear n tear of such parts. On the top their service centres are worst. In my Uncle's octavia Silvertone put in used engine oil and billed them for new oil. It was after 15 days we took the car to a known mechanic he told us "yeh kala used oil hai"



In delhi diff between emotion pack and dynamic pk is 55k. If you have budget constraints go for Dynamic pack as even Emotion doesnt makes sense. Anyone getting emotion should buy E+. ABS and EBD is a must, if you cant afford airbags model then leave it. I know its a big safety plus but what to do if one has budget constraints.
Go for Dynamic pack.
Dynamics will not have arm rest, seat belt warning, non electric tailgate open, rear armrest and ACC, sun curtain, leather wrapped steering wheels.

to me only imp is front armrest and Automatic climate control. Make your choice. Diff between Emotion and dynamics is roughly 20k.
Hi Coolboy007,
I have seen an Octavia L&K 2007 model which has clocked around 30k kms which has almost all the features which the Linea Emotion Pk has. On top of it, it has a sunroof ( not required though), leather interiors, xenon headlamps with washers, rear spoiler (again not of much functional value)..;...well that is what I can recollect now.
All this for around Rs: 8 lac which again is negotiable.

I had also seen an Octavia Elegance (2006 model-35k kms done) which has airbags, ABS+ EBD, automatic climate control, alloy wheels, inbuilt sound system, dual tone interiors etc for 6.75 lacs negotiable.
All Ambience, Elegance and L&K versions have the inbuilt display of instantenous fuel consumption, average kms travelled, outside temp etc found on all modern cars today so instrumentation is not an issue here apart from the Rider.

Yes, the clutch is probably the most sensitive part of the Octavia and is probably among the most expensive as well. As you know, a seasoned driver knows how to use the clutch sparingly and hence, in my opinion, can avoid premature wear and tear of the same. To quote an example, VRL, a logistics company at Bangalore has provided Octavias to its managers above a certain rank for field work and I have spoken to a few of them and they tell me that the engine and gearbox go strong for 3lac kilometers at times.

I do agree that Skoda service has received more brickbats than bonquets. I however, know a few people at TAFE Acess and am hence confident of getting my work done satisfactorily. Also, I have my own mechanic who is competent at mundance jobs like a service or an oil/filter change when required. All said, I agree to the fact that Skoda service needs a complete overhaul.

I also agree with you on the fact that the Emotion is probably what I can afford but the Emotion Pk is absolutely out of question at the moment at least. Yes, I too feel that Dynamic Pk is good value for money at the cost of a few features ( life is all about compromises)......

Looking forward to your views on the same...
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 16:37   #320
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Arrow Heading towards the dealership.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Pls check again with the dealer this time. that was the difference when I bought. Linea has 5 models in Petrol & all are with a difference of about 20 - 30 K price hike. not more than that. Dynamic to E+ is 2 variant jump means 35 - 50K jump, nor much more than that - 80K seems unlikely

All right then, time for me to get a dealer quote I guess, all right then, Let me head towards the dealership, not very far from my office....
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 17:37   #321
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Unhappy All right, here is the lowdown now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Pls check again with the dealer this time. that was the difference when I bought. Linea has 5 models in Petrol & all are with a difference of about 20 - 30 K price hike. not more than that. Dynamic to E+ is 2 variant jump means 35 - 50K jump, nor much more than that - 80K seems unlikely
I had called the dealer as I could not go there myself ( Prerana Motors, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore) and these are the ex showroom prices I got from them for the various diesel variants of Linea:
Dynamic - 721593.00
Dynamic Pk - 749599.00
Emotion - 769602.00
Emotion Pk - 827615.00

So, like we discussed earlier the price difference between the Emotion and the Emotion Pk is around 58000.00 which I feel is quite substantial.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 17:41   #322
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Unhappy All right, here is the lowdown now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Pls check again with the dealer this time. that was the difference when I bought. Linea has 5 models in Petrol & all are with a difference of about 20 - 30 K price hike. not more than that. Dynamic to E+ is 2 variant jump means 35 - 50K jump, nor much more than that - 80K seems unlikely
Now, which one is the most value for money?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 19:21   #323
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I had called the dealer as I could not go there myself ( Prerana Motors, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore) and these are the ex showroom prices I got from them for the various diesel variants of Linea:
Dynamic - 721593.00
Dynamic Pk - 749599.00
Emotion - 769602.00
Emotion Pk - 827615.00

So, like we discussed earlier the price difference between the Emotion and the Emotion Pk is around 58000.00 which I feel is quite substantial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Now, which one is the most value for money?
If I were you, my thought process would be....

If I'm saying Dynamic Pk Diesel @ 7.5 L (OTR @ 8.1 - 8.2 Lacs ?) is fitting in my budget, that means Petrol Emotion Pk at an OTR of around 8 Lacs will also fit my budget.

Now assuming I love diesel vehicles as you mentioned because of torque & running cost, what I'll gain & what I'll lose by opting petrol over diesel...

What I'll lose --

- Torque
- May be some Resale value as Diesel may have higher Resale than Petrol

(why running cost is not included here? becoz I'm looking at a time frame of 4-5 years using this car & cost saving on running cost every month will take some 6 years to recover the additional 1-1.2 Lacs I spend additionally on Diesel car over petrol one - check calculations in my earlier post)

What I'll Gain --

Alloy Wheels
Leather Steering Wheel
Automatic Climate Control
Air Quality Control
Remote Trunk Opener
Cup Holders - Rear
Multi-function Steering Wheel
Driver Airbag
Passenger Airbag
Keyless Entry

So, if I were you, I would have chosen petrol Emotion Pk in the same budget.

If still you WANT to go for Diesel only by all means, then the choice becomes difficult. Because that 55 K diff between Emotion & E+, which item one should compromise on - Alloys, Steering mounted control, Blue N Me, 2 Airbags - total cost of all these would definitely more than 55K. Looking at budget of 8 L OTR, Diesel Dynamic PK would fit, so add Leather steering cover, ACC, Remote trunk opener, Armrest, & Keyless entry into the above missing features
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 20:16   #324
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

n.devdath

pls check out that Skoda thread again. Another story materialised. Another customer suffered. This time dealer has swapped Brand New Alloys with old rusted normal wheels & Music System with old broken Music System. After 124 letters & n number of phone calls, Skoda's reply to the customer is "This is your fight with the Dealer. Pls do not involve us". Those are the ethics. Thats why I said that too many variables against it if one considers to buy a Skoda car
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 10:20   #325
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Dude, whats this air quality control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
You will gain:

Air Quality Control
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 11:52   #326
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Post I Still want to buy a diesel car....Hell bent, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
If I were you, my thought process would be....

If I'm saying Dynamic Pk Diesel @ 7.5 L (OTR @ 8.1 - 8.2 Lacs ?) is fitting in my budget, that means Petrol Emotion Pk at an OTR of around 8 Lacs will also fit my budget.

Now assuming I love diesel vehicles as you mentioned because of torque & running cost, what I'll gain & what I'll lose by opting petrol over diesel...

What I'll lose --

- Torque
- May be some Resale value as Diesel may have higher Resale than Petrol

(why running cost is not included here? becoz I'm looking at a time frame of 4-5 years using this car & cost saving on running cost every month will take some 6 years to recover the additional 1-1.2 Lacs I spend additionally on Diesel car over petrol one - check calculations in my earlier post)

What I'll Gain --

Alloy Wheels
Leather Steering Wheel
Automatic Climate Control
Air Quality Control
Remote Trunk Opener
Cup Holders - Rear
Multi-function Steering Wheel
Driver Airbag
Passenger Airbag
Keyless Entry

So, if I were you, I would have chosen petrol Emotion Pk in the same budget.

If still you WANT to go for Diesel only by all means, then the choice becomes difficult. Because that 55 K diff between Emotion & E+, which item one should compromise on - Alloys, Steering mounted control, Blue N Me, 2 Airbags - total cost of all these would definitely more than 55K. Looking at budget of 8 L OTR, Diesel Dynamic PK would fit, so add Leather steering cover, ACC, Remote trunk opener, Armrest, & Keyless entry into the above missing features

So, in your opinion, it does make sense to go for the Dynamic Pk Diesel and add the other items that you have listed out, right? (Of course, given the fact that I am one stubborn diesel fan....!!!!!
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 11:55   #327
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Post Pollen filters

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Dude, whats this air quality control?
Sorry for trying to answer it though it was not addressed to me....
I called the Tata Dealership today in the morning and they told me (I m not sure if they were sure of what they told me...) that Air Quality Control is an extra filter that filters out SPM, pollen grains etc from the air inside the car just like the new gen high tech home air conditioners do....Looking forward for more inputs on this,
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 11:57   #328
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Post Service Interval...

Hey Karthik and Vahan Pujari,
There is a thread floating elsewhere on TBHP where people need to know the service interval of the new Fiat cars viz the Linea and the Punto...
What is Linea's service interval please??
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 12:14   #329
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
So, in your opinion, it does make sense to go for the Dynamic Pk Diesel and add the other items that you have listed out, right? (Of course, given the fact that I am one stubborn diesel fan....!!!!!
No, its the other way round.

If you go for Diesel Dynamic PK & add all missing items separately, the cost would be much much higher than Diesel Emotion pack. i.e. the cost of the missing items would be much more than the difference in proce between 2 variants
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 12:44   #330
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,656
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
No, its the other way round.

If you go for Diesel Dynamic PK & add all missing items separately, the cost would be much much higher than Diesel Emotion pack. i.e. the cost of the missing items would be much more than the difference in proce between 2 variants
I feel I can manage without ACC as it has HVAC anyway, I would like to install alloy wheels, rear cup holders, armrest for the driver's seat and the chrome add ons that the Emotion has. Of course given the prohibitive cost of the airbags, they are out of question. So what do you think of it now?

And yes I really wonder why Skoda ends up in giving such replies to its customers...Poor guy whoever it was....
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Vento Highline TDi, My Silver Streak - 5 years, 78000 kms and still raring for many more souravc Long-Term Ownership Reviews 147 27th June 2016 10:16
A Beauty in Shimla - Pontiac Silver Streak! Cyrus43 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 19 1st July 2011 16:26
Escape Velo'city' - Polished Metal Metallic V-AT (Quasar) joins Silver Streak, Shadow foodie Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 5 11th May 2010 13:14
Silver Audi A8, REAL silver! karthik247 The International Automotive Scene 6 5th September 2005 01:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks