Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 13:04   #331
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,852
Thanked: 190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I feel I can manage without ACC as it has HVAC anyway, I would like to install alloy wheels, rear cup holders, armrest for the driver's seat and the chrome add ons that the Emotion has. Of course given the prohibitive cost of the airbags, they are out of question. So what do you think of it now?

And yes I really wonder why Skoda ends up in giving such replies to its customers...Poor guy whoever it was....
Nope,Definitely the aftermarket fitment re not worthy.
you won't get armrest as the OEM one.
you can add only alloy wheels that too have very minimal options to select, becuase of PCD of fiat cars.
So consider Emotion or Emotion pack.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 13:17   #332
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,718
Thanked: 1,295 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Nope,Definitely the aftermarket fitment re not worthy.
you won't get armrest as the OEM one.
you can add only alloy wheels that too have very minimal options to select, becuase of PCD of fiat cars.
So consider Emotion or Emotion pack.
Right, so I guess the Emotion would be the best option I can afford(this too is out of my range but I will try to pool up some more moolah) given my requirements,correct?
Also what is the service interval of the Linea Diesel as per the owner's manual?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 13:34   #333
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,852
Thanked: 190 Times
Default

1st Service - 3000 kms or 3 months
2nd service - 15000 kms or 1 year
after that Consecutive Services for Every 15000 kms or a year

2 years warranty +2 years Extended warranty
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 13:41   #334
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Nope,Definitely the aftermarket fitment re not worthy.
you won't get armrest as the OEM one.
you can add only alloy wheels that too have very minimal options to select, becuase of PCD of fiat cars.
So consider Emotion or Emotion pack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Right, so I guess the Emotion would be the best option I can afford(this too is out of my range but I will try to pool up some more moolah) given my requirements,correct?
Also what is the service interval of the Linea Diesel as per the owner's manual?
Yes, after mkt is not worthy & wont be cost economic also.

Then it boils down to Emotion. Features which are not there in Emotion are - Alloy Wheels, Airbags & Steering mounted controls (not sure about Blue n Me) - so do not consider after-mkt & enjoy her in this form itself.

Linea service intervals are 3000 km, 15000 km, 30,000 km & every 15000 km thereon
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 13:53   #335
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,718
Thanked: 1,295 Times
Post 17"Alloys for Linea???

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Yes, after mkt is not worthy & wont be cost economic also.

Then it boils down to Emotion. Features which are not there in Emotion are - Alloy Wheels, Airbags & Steering mounted controls (not sure about Blue n Me) - so do not consider after-mkt & enjoy her in this form itself.

Linea service intervals are 3000 km, 15000 km, 30,000 km & every 15000 km thereon
Hi VahanPujari/Karthik
Are you aware if 17"alloys are available at the Fiat Dealership for the Linea as an optional extra fitment? If yes, do you know the cost per piece/set for the same,
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 13:58   #336
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi VahanPujari/Karthik
Are you aware if 17"alloys are available at the Fiat Dealership for the Linea as an optional extra fitment? If yes, do you know the cost per piece/set for the same,
I heard optional Alloys are available, dont know 17" or any other size?

but the price diff between emotion & emotion pk is around 55 K? if additional alloys costs additional 20 or 25K, only 30-35K remains for which Airbags are a very good deal.

Thats why I mentioned if you're going for Emotion, be ready to be without Alloys, Airbags, steering mounted control/ Blue N me. Else go for Emotion pk
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 14:10   #337
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,718
Thanked: 1,295 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I heard optional Alloys are available, dont know 17" or any other size?

but the price diff between emotion & emotion pk is around 55 K? if additional alloys costs additional 20 or 25K, only 30-35K remains for which Airbags are a very good deal.

That's why I mentioned if you're going for Emotion, be ready to be without Alloys, Airbags, steering mounted control/ Blue N me. Else go for Emotion pk
Alloys of a bigger size if available from Fiat would add to the GC of the car which, as all of us know is very helpful on highway drives over various types of roads. That is why I had this question in mind.
Also, as things stand currently, I need to pool some more funds before I proceed with the booking of the car as the choice now seems to be Emotion instead of Dynamic and the Octavia seems to be completely out of the picture.
Just hoping I win a lottery........soon...!!!!

And yes, one more question....Have you faced any issues with the GC so far?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 22:04   #338
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,852
Thanked: 190 Times
Default

Already i have posted some issues regarding GC.
Check my posts again.we have discussed it several times.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 1st July 2009 at 22:09.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:02   #339
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,718
Thanked: 1,295 Times
Smile Just back from a test drive....

Hi folks,
I m just back from a short test drive of the Linea Emotion Diesel variant in Red.
It was a short test drive for around 5kms on the outer ring road at Bangalore.
A few points that I was able to notice are:
1. The seating position was not to my liking. The seat was very flat and I felt that it lacked lumbar support and the angle too was too flat to my initial taste. I understand that making a few adjustments may make it more comfortable.
2. The engine does feel like it could do with some more power for daily use in the city. On the highway though, it is bound to excel as I let loose the leash on an open stretch of road for about a kilometer and the car was cruising at 130 in no time.
3. The ride quality is outstanding. There were a few deviations due to construction and I delibrately pushed the car hard over tarmac joints and a short stretch of kutchcha road strewn with gravel and the car just glided over it. No wavering, bouncing or losing its poise. Excellent.
4. The test drive car at the showroom had done around 3500kms and I looked very hard for the famous bonnet bulges, but could not find any.
5. As being discussed at the other forums, there was no rear tow hook window/slot on the rear bumper.
6. The interior build quality was very good but I felt that the plastics could be better especially the air con vents and a few switches here and there.
7. It rained on our way back and also had a chance of trying out the windscreen wipers and washers. the 6 jets looked very good and did their job as well.
8. I managed to scrape the car at just one of the 8 speed breakers we drove over with 2 people on board.

Well, these are my initial findings about the car but you people own it and use it on a daily basis so would be in a better place to elaborate and correct me if required.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:11   #340
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Alloys of a bigger size if available from Fiat would add to the GC of the car which, as all of us know is very helpful on highway drives over various types of roads
Thats wrong mate!!!. The bigger the diameter of the alloys the smaller the thickness of the tyre available for it. It doesnt alter the GC a bit!!!!
For example see the pic the tyre is compensated to be thin

Name:  17.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  97.6 KB
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:24   #341
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,718
Thanked: 1,295 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Thats wrong mate!!!. The bigger the diameter of the alloys the smaller the thickness of the tyre available for it. It doesnt alter the GC a bit!!!!
For example see the pic the tyre is compensated to be thin

The picture that you have posted is of a bigger rim with a low profile tire. In such a case, the GC naturally tends to remain the same as the mudguard does not have the space to accomodate a higher profile tire with a bigger rim. In case there is enough space to accomodate a 17" rim with a normal profile tire instead of a stock 15" rim, to the GC would automatically increase.
Hope it clarifies...
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:20   #342
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
In case there is enough space to accomodate a 17" rim with a normal profile tire instead of a stock 15" rim, to the GC would automatically increase.
Mate! AFAIK Tyre upsizing has criterias. You cannot put regular size tyre on upgraded rims unless the console permits which usually dont as the fender for the tyre console is limited in size. Larger rims will effectively reduce the sidewall height (making the tyre lower profile).
Here is a link about upsizing linea tyews

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ing-linea.html

pics of linea rims upsized with low profile tyres

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1327376-post62.html

Last edited by geeash : 2nd July 2009 at 16:32.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:41   #343
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,718
Thanked: 1,295 Times
Smile You got my point now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Mate! AFAIK Tyre upsizing has criterias. You cannot put regular size tyre on upgraded rims unless the console permits which usually dont as the fender for the tyre console is limited in size. Larger rims will effectively reduce the sidewall height (making the tyre lower profile).
Here is a link about upsizing linea tyews

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ing-linea.html

pics of linea rims upsized with low profile tyres

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1327376-post62.html
This is exactly what I was trying to convey. I just wanted to know if the Linea could be upgraded to a larger rim using regular tires, or in other words, if its mudguard had enough space for such an upgrade as there is info here about Fiat offering larger rims as an OE upgrade. Thank you for the link.....
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:17   #344
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,852
Thanked: 190 Times
Default MediaPlayer - Blue&Me

Hi Folks,
Any body tried to play songs from your mobile which is connected with Blue&Me.
I read somewhere that by using Blue&Me we can able to access and play MP3 songs in our mobile phones.
let me know if there is any way to do the same.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 22:39   #345
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Quote:
Any body tried to play songs from your mobile which is connected with Blue&Me.
You can do that from sony erricsson phones. I have tried it.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Vento Highline TDi, My Silver Streak - 5 years, 78000 kms and still raring for many more souravc Long-Term Ownership Reviews 147 27th June 2016 10:16
A Beauty in Shimla - Pontiac Silver Streak! Cyrus43 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 19 1st July 2011 16:26
Escape Velo'city' - Polished Metal Metallic V-AT (Quasar) joins Silver Streak, Shadow foodie Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 5 11th May 2010 13:14
Silver Audi A8, REAL silver! karthik247 The International Automotive Scene 6 5th September 2005 01:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks