Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th July 2009, 12:32   #346
Senior - BHPian

Default 5000 kms Completed

Hi All,

Today Silver Streak has completed 5000kms.
Enjoy every moment with her.
Consistent 14+kmpl with 100% AC in city.
I love you Silver Streak (Wife's Rival)
Attached Thumbnails
Silver Streak Linea :)-image147.jpg  

Last edited by aks_karthik : 4th July 2009 at 12:40.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 15:01   #347
Senior - BHPian

Still no feedback regarding bulge in my car from Fiat.
I called up CSM and told them to fix my car by next week.
He promised too and car will be sent to service station by next tuesday.

Some issues to be fixed.
1. Some creaking sound from left rear interior wheel arch(Rear Seats back where the seat belts comes from..)
2. Squeaking from Driver side.no idea where it comes from.might be either from steering column or Fuse box or Driver side door pad.

Rest everything in my car is cool.
Miles to go..........
Old 7th July 2009, 15:37   #348
BHPian

Hey Karthik Congrats on hitting the 5k mark!
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 16:04   #349
Senior - BHPian

Hi Karthik,

Congratulations on completing 5K run.

i have one off topic question:

Have you kept any records of

1. How may times you had called Dealer + TATA + FIAT
2. How may times you have visited the dealer workshops
3. how many times you had to follow up to get the niggles re-solved ?
4. How much this follow up has cost you in time, money.

thanks,
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 17:02   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Karthik,

Congratulations on completing 5K run.

i have one off topic question:

Have you kept any records of

thanks,
1. How may times you had called Dealer + TATA + FIAT
more than 10 times and several Emails
2. How may times you have visited the dealer workshops
3 times including 1st service(2 times they visisted to my home/office)
3. how many times you had to follow up to get the niggles re-solved ?
more than 10 times and several Emails
4. How much this follow up has cost you in time, money.
around 10 hours and no money involved.got Fuel coupon or loaner car.

I know,i could avoid some visit to Service Station as i am very much keen in fixing any small issues.I am like a person not to prolong any issues.so, for a small issues itself i have gone there for fixation.
Old 7th July 2009, 17:13   #351
BHPian

Hey Congrats for 5K.
I hope that with 5k, you have got lot of enjoyment and pleasure which must have made these niggles just a passing by affair.
Best wishes for multiples of 5k enjoyment
vinay.pillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 20:15   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I know,i could avoid some visit to Service Station as i am very much keen in fixing any small issues.I am like a person not to prolong any issues.so, for a small issues itself i have gone there for fixation.
Thanks Karthik, I am very much sure that you are not stupid, but a very discerning customer who would demand the best for the money spent.

Your answers gives every one a perspective of the dimensions of the follow up needed to get these so called niggles.

i asked these questions becasue there are many threads (at least 3-4) in the forum which mentions niggles (most of them solved now). but they did not mention what is the impact of those niggles on the owners time, energy, follow up and most importantly Money.

now you clearly demonstated / shared what is the impact of such so called niggles which will help new buyes to hedge their bets for FIAT.

wish you quick resolution of the issues found by you.
Old 7th July 2009, 21:25   #353
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Karthik, I am very much sure that you are not stupid, but a very discerning customer who would demand the best for the money spent.

Your answers gives every one a perspective of the dimensions of the follow up needed to get these so called niggles.

i asked these questions becasue there are many threads (at least 3-4) in the forum which mentions niggles (most of them solved now). but they did not mention what is the impact of those niggles on the owners time, energy, follow up and most importantly Money.

now you clearly demonstated / shared what is the impact of such so called niggles which will help new buyes to hedge their bets for FIAT.

StarVegaBond

I can see where you are coming from. If I remember correctly & not confusing you with any other bhpian, I think you owned a Palio & have purchased ANHC recently. Earlier somehow I got attracted to your ANHC ownership thread & read the entire thread thoroughly. If I'm not wrong, you took your car to your native place, right?

Ok, coming back to topic. I visited TASS 5-6 times in 3 months. As Karthik mentioned sometimes for even very very small negligible reason. Every minute thing, every small issue or "niggle" is mentioned with Big microscope with amplification applied in my Linea thread.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1368257

You can see I've faced many things. After all these, I'm more than happy with the car because -
  • TATA-Fiat Dealers/ A.S.S. are treating customer with respect & unlike some MFRs/ Dealers who treats the customer like they're still living in monopoly (because of their brand strength). The intention of ripping the customer thro' A.S.S. or spare part charging is never there
  • For a very very flimsy issue, I raised a hell & insisted Fiat to reply instead of Dealer. You know what Fiat did? They sent their Corporate Quality staff person all the way from Pune to Mumbai on a Sunday for a negligible issue which could have been solved over a tel call or by dealer service exe. To me, this means a lot rather than a MFR who doesn't listen when need be (of course, for the sake of it there still can be arguements that the other MFR, one will not need it - but then there are always possibilities & there are threads here for initial issues for almost all MFRs though in varying proportions)
  • I'm happy to visit TASS for 10-20 days in a year if that comes with joy of enjoying for remaining 340-350 days all these - Superb Ride & Handling Quality, Premium looks/ features none gives at that price point, Dropdead Gorgeous curves, Alloys, Automatic Climate Control, Blue N Me, USB port with CD Player both, Rear AC Vents, Rear Sunblind screen, My Car features, & what not. (You know most of these equipments/ features are offered by other MFRs in their 12-15 Lac priced cars & not in their own 8-10 Lac priced car)
And for the sake of dicerning prospecive customers - I'm happy that I bought Linea because I sincerely believe that this price is only because of compulsion of Fiat because of the position they were in. If Linea/GP succeeds, the current Linea Prices will only be a dream in near future

Last edited by VahanPujari : 7th July 2009 at 21:34.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 22:12   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Definitely every car has some niggling issues.But that issue can be found only by the car owners especially if they love it.
We (Linea Owners) are loving our car very much.
so that we unable to ride her if any very small issues creeps.which is very common in all other cars.
Once i call TATA Service Station,definitely somebody is ready to answer my query moreover they have given me a very good support to fix the issues.

What the customer need is?
To answer and attend in a good manner whatever issues it may be once enter in to any Service Station or Showroom or call or Mail.

I usually get a overwhelm response once i enter in to TATA/FIAT Service Station premises.

I am very much satisfied with service station and TATA/FIAT people.especailly TATA CSM.Whenever i send a SMS to him he calls me back within 5 mts.simply he hears my each and every issues/pretend in effective manner and simply give the resolution.

We already have Maruti,Hyundai and Honda products in our family.
I never get these response in any above said products Service Stations.
Some how Maruti is Ok.if you knows someone working there.

Hyundai and Honda,There's a lot of threads floating here in Team-Bhp about their abilities.

Sum Up:
Finally i am one of the happiest customer of FIAT and by god grace not choosing a Honda City/Skoda Laura.
Highly recommended to everyone looking for C+ segment car.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 7th July 2009 at 22:28.
Old 7th July 2009, 22:24   #355
Senior - BHPian

Dear Karthik, Vahanpujari.

what i wanted to bring out is the niggles do not have any finacial impact and the time investment is negligible. More importantly, FIAT-Tata-Delaerships are becomign more responsive. Your numbers interms of follow ups and small nigles are nothing compared to some other car brands.

this should give more peace of mind to potential FIAT Linea buyers as now the info is more objective as well

I am sure your car choices are made depending on your preferences, your needs/wants as well as VFM view. Most importantly i see that you are happy.
That is what matters.

Drive Safe, Stay Happy.
Old 8th July 2009, 12:17   #356
BANNED

Quote:
Dear Karthik, Vahanpujari.

what i wanted to bring out is the niggles do not have any finacial impact and the time investment is negligible. More importantly, FIAT-Tata-Delaerships are becomign more responsive. Your numbers interms of follow ups and small nigles are nothing compared to some other car brands.

this should give more peace of mind to potential FIAT Linea buyers as now the info is more objective as well

I am sure your car choices are made depending on your preferences, your needs/wants as well as VFM view. Most importantly i see that you are happy.
That is what matters.

Drive Safe, Stay Happy.
StarVegabond

I don't know how but a month back somehow I got attracted to your Ownership thread & read thro' it (may be curious to the decision making thought process of a Palio customer to go for ANHC). ANHC is a great car & I saw that you're enjoying her thoroughly.

Usually, I do not prefer to defend my buying decision to go for a Fiat, but since I saw you coming across very reasonable in understanding & comments, sharing below the same:

Had Ford Ikon for 6 years & was absolutely in love with her. Checked SX4, Verna, ANHC & Linea with 2 TDs each.

SX4 - didn't like driving it at all. felt its not refined enough, felt very heavy in driving & even got a feeling that I like driving Ikon more than SX4. So outgoes SX4.

Verna - The best (out of these 4) in Engine power while driving. Airbags missing & dated looks were deal-breaker.

ANHC - Refined Engine. But plain without those bells & whistles, awsome reliability. Actually, since last 4 years I always decided City as my next car after Ikon with a feeling "A City is a City" which I used to cite everytime I discuss about my would-be next car.

People say about ANHC being costlier. However, though I do not look at resale (else would not have purchased Ford earlier) while buying a car, if we take resale value, ANHC does not turn out to be that costlier. In fact, it may be equal if not more cost-effective. The deal-breaker for me (once I saw Linea) were those bells & whistles which are present in Linea - Alloys, Auto Climate Control, futuristic tech features like B & M and My Car, USB with CD Player, Rear AC vents, Rear sunblind screen etc. Linea's dropdead, gorgeous & premium looks with above equipments & Superb Ride & Handling qualities tilted the scale in Linea's favour. Some of these I would get in Civic & some in Accord but not in ANHC.

Still, I felt it was a risk but then I took a risk when I bought Ikon in 2003 when everybody used to say about bad A.S.S., spares prices etc etc about Ikon. For 6 years & 90,000 kms that machine had relentlessly served me without any engine part replaced except for Fuel pump. For me, even that car was on top of Reliability chart. So, took the risk with Linea & looking at the build quality etc, my initial impression is she'll prove to be a reliable car though these are early days. As mentioned Niggles, TASS visits etc am willing to live with it as long as Tata's attitude remains receptive (And I've always seen any Tata group company with respect as found each one of them works with ethics so am not worried about any bad intention of ripping the customers there).
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 10:10   #357
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Yesterday Evening A service Guy from VST Motors came to my home and picked my car for Bonnet Bulge fixation after handed me a loaner car.
They were planned to fix all bulges and repaint it again.
I don't know,how the outcome will be?because painting in Service Centre could not be good as compare to the Paint Shop in FIAT factory.
Let's wait and sent a mail to them regarding the only issue remained in my car.
A squeaking noise from rear left.it came from Fender inner pad which is brushing with the rear seat.The screw is not fixed properly.
Rest everything is very good and not a single rattling in my car.
Old 16th July 2009, 09:24   #358
Senior - BHPian

Default Finally....

Finally my car came with good condition.
Repainted the entire bonnet and small scratch in the Wheel Fender.
Quality of painting work is not good.
find some dust particles in the painting area though barely visible.seems they painted or dried it in open area.need some attention.
Rest everything works fine and there is no niggling issues so far.
Keep up the good work FIL and TASS.
Old 16th July 2009, 10:01   #359
BHPian

Congrats on your great ownership experience Karthik! Fiat should make you a case study. Hahaha! Are you on PUG? I was a member there...and positive stories like yours are hard to come by there!

Just a suggestion (since you are an ardent Fiat fan now)...do cross post your experiences on PUG. I am sure you will convert a lot of guys there!

Cheers! And wishing you many happy miles...
indigoedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 10:15   #360
Senior - BHPian

Yes From my childhood itself i am fa an of FIAT.
My First car experience is with Fiat Premier Padmini(Ivory Color),then with maruti 800.I started driving at the time of 7th standard.
from then i have been studying each and every car.
I am too craze on Automobiles.
At the time when i planned for my first car,I was very much inclined over Fiat palio because of it's Diesel Engine and Tank like built.
But due to money cranch,I bought Maruti WagonR.
But these time,i succeeded and got delivered a Silver Streak(Fiat Linea MJD Emotion pack)
Now-a-days i spend most of the time with my car.
This is the main cause for a quarrel with my wife.
But now she too spend her valuable time with car.
She assisted me and do washing ,cleaning and waxing.
while doing all this we speak/share a lot and we are very intimate because of my Silver Streak