Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd September 2009, 16:24   #496
Senior - BHPian

Default Sent a Mail to Mangesh of FIAT

Hi All,

Sent a mail to Mangesh(mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com') regarding Bonnet Bulges.
Awaiting his reply.

Mail

Hi Mangesh,

I am Karthik from Chennai. One of the proud customers of FIAT.
I bought a Linea MJD Emotion Pack from VST Motors on 14 March 2009.
From Day one itself I have been facing a lot of niggling issues.
My car has been checked/inspected for more than 10 times in VST Service Station, Chennai.
These are the some of the issues handled and fixed within 6 months of tired ownership.

1. Changed the Anti Roll Bars due to screeching noise while turning in the slopes

2. Changed Rear Seat Belt Assembly due to rattling

3. Parcel Tray Issue Fixed due to rattling

4. Front Driver Side Dampers changed due to some Squeaking noise. But still it's coming from the same place. Need another visit to VST this Thursday.

5. Repainted entire Bonnet due to the Bulges formed automatically without any intervention.

I am surprised that the bulges in the Bonnet are occurring again at the same places.
I already posted to Mr.Sidha Goundan, CSM, Tata Motors and Mr.Kesava Ramalingam, Works Manager, VST Motors, Chennai cc'ed in this mail.
I have attached the earlier and current Bulges photos for your reference.
I am really tired following up behind the issues rather donít have time to enjoy the beauty of the car because of these issues.
It would be great if you can provide some Permanent Solution for this by replacing with New Bonnet and ensure it doesn't occur again.

Time permits, Please check my Thread in Team-Bhp forum for the whole story.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...k-linea-1.html (Silver Streak Linea :))

Old Bulges:
Silver Streak Linea :)-old-bulges.jpg

New Bulges:
Silver Streak Linea :)-new-bulges.jpg

Last edited by aks_karthik : 22nd September 2009 at 16:32.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:14   #497
Senior - BHPian

Default Got a Reply from Mangesh

Mail

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication, we had detailed discussion on the subject with our distributor Tata Motors area office.

Complaint refereed is related to sheet metal, the deviations on the surface of the bonnet will take some more time for conclusion in terms of defect.

We request your support & cooperation for keeping the said car under observation for a monthís time.

Will get back to you on this, thanking you for your cooperation & assuring you of our best service at all time.

With warm regards,

Mangesh Kodalkar
Customer services
Fiat India
B 19 Ranjangaon MIDC Industrial Area
Taluka -Shirur
Dist: Pune 412210
Maharashtra
India
+91 2138 672764
Fax +91 2138 672800.
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:50   #498
BHPian

Does it mean you have to leave the car with the dealer for a month's time? That's awfully long I would say. Or does it mean to just observe and report and maintain a log kind of thing?
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:17   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Does it mean you have to leave the car with the dealer for a month's time? That's awfully long I would say. Or does it mean to just observe and report and maintain a log kind of thing?
Fiat is finding out the root cause as to why its happening in Karthik's car. Doesnt mean that the car has to stay with the dealer, he can use it normally like he does and wait for Fiat to respond within a month and bring out a permanent solution.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:26   #500
BHPian

I agree, Fiat is doing it the right way.What I find interesting is a month's wait for zeroing in on sheet metal problem. This problem definitely doesn't look related to weather conditions. Is it possible that a particular batch of sheet metal was not QC'ed properly to have led to this problem? If that is the case, there could be similar problem cropping up in a particular batch of vehicles. Due to all this speculation, I find month's time to be interesting.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:14   #501
Senior - BHPian

yep,Once i read this mail i was little bit stormed.
But after that i realized and planned to wait for a month.
I know,it happened because of some fault in the Bonnet assembly.
I have seen some more car having the same issue(Bonnet Bulges in the same place) in the service station.
Seems,those owners haven't worried about these bulges.No one reported to the SA.
Let's wait for that day.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 23rd September 2009 at 09:16.
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:41   #502
Senior - BHPian

If it's a sheet metal defect then it should affect a few cars and not just one. I guess Fiat will take it up with the vendor and ask them to check up on that particular batch to find out the real cause of these problems. These things do take time. We also should realise that Fiat may have a solution in 2 weeks but may have taken an additional 2 weeks from the customer just to be on the safe side. Don't we all do that in our work area?

Quote:
I have seen some more car having the same issue(Bonnet Bulges in the same place) in the service station.
Seems,those owners haven't worried about these bulges.No one reported to the SA.
Therein lies the problem. Until you report that to the manfacturer, it wouldn't come out in the open. Meanwhile, one owner reports it and leaves everyone including the manufacturer foxed on why it's happening on only one car. At the end of the day, the manufacturer gets the flak for not solving the problem fully.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:13   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If it's a sheet metal defect then it should affect a few cars and not just one. I guess Fiat will take it up with the vendor and ask them to check up on that particular batch to find out the real cause of these problems. These things do take time. We also should realise that Fiat may have a solution in 2 weeks but may have taken an additional 2 weeks from the customer just to be on the safe side. Don't we all do that in our work area?

Therein lies the problem. Until you report that to the manfacturer, it wouldn't come out in the open. Meanwhile, one owner reports it and leaves everyone including the manufacturer foxed on why it's happening on only one car. At the end of the day, the manufacturer gets the flak for not solving the problem fully.
Absolutely correct my friend. I really liked the way FIAT responded ; probabaly a little more explanation of the month long wait would have been good. It is a corporate response of trying to find a solution over time to nip the source of the problem.

As I posted in my thread yesterday, the surveys & follow ups from TASS is encouraging signs that FIAT is setting different standards in the market. All they now need is a good dealer support; they already have knowledgeable customers.
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:28   #504
Senior - BHPian

I too pointed out those cars to Works Manager,VST Chennai.
But i haven't taken photograph.
If i would make it then i probably send the snaps to mangesh.
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:54   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
As I posted in my thread yesterday, the surveys & follow ups from TASS is encouraging signs that FIAT is setting different standards in the market.
Even I was told someone would call me within 4 days of me taking delivery of the car for my feedback,But even after more than a month no one has called me for my feedback!wish i get one of those calls for my views!

Last edited by F50 : 25th September 2010 at 08:13.
rajinibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:03   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Even I was told someone would call me within 4 days of me taking delivery of the car for my feedback,But even after more than a month no one has called me for my feedback!wish i get one of those calls for my views!
Hey, do not worry aboout it. Relax, its no big deal. I got surveyed a good 50 days after my purchase and no one told me to expect a feedback.

Cheers, Sam
lightinin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:13   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
That's odd. I got a call from Tata within 10 -15 days after delivery for feedback.

Also, one way to know if the dealer is feeling the pressure from the manufacturer is when they call you up and inform you to expect a call from the manufacturer and request you to give them good marks . Post my first service, I got a call from Fortune Motors, Nerul on a Sunday asking me how the car was doing post first service. After I gave my feedback, the guy informed me that I will get a call from Tata in the afternoon and requested me to give them a good ranking. And, yes, as informed, Tata called me at 3pm for feedback on the car and dealer.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:29   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
That's odd. I got a call from Tata within 10 -15 days after delivery for feedback.

Also, one way to know if the dealer is feeling the pressure from the manufacturer is when they call you up and inform you to expect a call from the manufacturer and request you to give them good marks . Post my first service, I got a call from Fortune Motors, Nerul on a Sunday asking me how the car was doing post first service. After I gave my feedback, the guy informed me that I will get a call from Tata in the afternoon and requested me to give them a good ranking. And, yes, as informed, Tata called me at 3pm for feedback on the car and dealer.
Well I guess I wont get this call from Tata.My buying experience was something I would never want to experience again.Even my feedback form while buying the car,I had not filled that up!Even that did not evoke any response from TATA or FIAT!

My first service is due and FIAT and tata motors still are undecided where I should give my car for servicing as I dont want to go for TAFE.I thought these guys earned something when we service our cars.

Also the TAFE guy wants a letter of satisfaction from me!How in the world can I give that when I discover one issue after another,though I have stopped these affecting me or raise them to FIAT hierarchy!

Last edited by F50 : 25th September 2010 at 08:11.
rajinibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 07:54   #509
Senior - BHPian

Great to hear from mangesh. has he come back from holiday?!!!!.

Just tell him the car has been under observation for past 6 months and you want it to be done rightaway!!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 09:44   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Great to hear from mangesh. has he come back from holiday?!!!!.

Just tell him the car has been under observation for past 6 months and you want it to be done rightaway!!
Aswin,
I have already sent a mail.
But no response from his side.
I spoke to Sidha and he assured me to take care of this issue as i need to replace my bonnet with new one after find the real cause of the issue..