Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st March 2011, 20:23   #661
BHPian

Default Re: Silver Streak Linea :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The difference of the sidewall thickness is GC.

Sidewall thickness of Stock MJD emotion pack is 195/60R15 is 117mm(195*60%)
Sidewall thickness of 195/65R15 is 126.75mm (195*65%)
the increase in GC in the difference of the two which is 9.75mm
So GC will be 160+9.75=169.75
I suppose the difference has to be multiplied by 2 as the sidewall will contribute to the GC both at the bottom and at the top of the rim. So the GC will be 160+9.75x2=179.5

On second thoughts, no. Your calculation is correct. The top of the rim part will not contribute to the GC.

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 21st March 2011 at 20:26.
tortoiseNhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 10:30   #662
Senior - BHPian

Finally My Silverstreak also met with accident in a freaky way
Day before yesterday, I parked my car in my parking slot in home and me and my son were enjoying the music inside the car with engine running for AC.so i slotted to Neutral and engaged Hand brake.
Once we finished the job, i stopped engine and released the Hand Brake and forgot to engaged the 1st Gear.this happened around 10:30PM.
After 1 hour,My Home bell rang pathetically and once opened the door, our appartment watchmen was standing ironically and said Sir,your car hit the opposite side compound wall.
I was amazed and didn't understand what he's yelling.
Once i stepped down to my parking bay i saw my car was standing kissed the Compound Wall, as it automatically forwarded and banged.
Bonnet and Front Grill are gone and some scratches here and there in the Front Bumper.
I have sent my car for fixing the issues to VST Body Shop under insurance.
Still no call from them reg. the fixation.
Post the photo once i back to home.

Guys,
Please ensure while parking your car to engage either Hand Brake or slot in some Gear or Stone under the tyres.

Enjoy and Drive safe.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 11:11   #663
Senior - BHPian

That is sad to hear. Hope it gets back to its natural beauty again.

I once did this myself. Stopped the car, got out and realized I had not engaged the hand brake. The car went and kissed a pole. Thankfully the gradient of the slope was not much and it resulted in 2-3 small spots on the front bumper. Stupid me and Lucky me.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 12:43   #664
Senior - BHPian

Default iPhone4 Connectivity

Hi All,

I tried connecting my iPhone4 in USB slot.
But it's not recognising. Somewhat i found it's a problem with the USB Chord i used to connect.
while inserting, my phone recognises it and disconnects automatically.
I got my phone from US and the Chord's USB Port is not fixed properly with Linea USB slot.
Need to try with someother Apple USB Chord.

Guys,
What about yours. is tt possible for you to connect?
Old 31st March 2011, 14:56   #665
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, it will not work with USB connection. I have tried connecting iPhone in 3 different cars and it works very well as AUX.

So just get an AUX wire from any electronics shop and you should be all set. I have been using my iPod Touch and iPhone as AUX rather than USB.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 15:04   #666
BHPian

Default Re: iPhone4 Connectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi All,

I tried connecting my iPhone4 in USB slot.
But it's not recognising. Somewhat i found it's a problem with the USB Chord i used to connect.
aks_karthik - It's not the problem with the USB Cord but the Blue & Me Hardware in the Fiat's. You would need a separate Blue & Me adapter in order to charge the phone & playback songs from the iPhone. You can source this from eBay UK, retails around GBP 60-70. The newest gen Fiat's sold in the Europe have the hardware in built.
teky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 15:36   #667
Senior - BHPian

Heard, after upgrading to Blue&Me Version 5.5, there's no need for Blue&Me Adapter.
I have updated in my car too.
Apple products are plug and play like other USB devices.
Ravi and aswin has already posted in their threads.
Old 31st March 2011, 16:47   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Heard, after upgrading to Blue&Me Version 5.5, there's no need for Blue&Me Adapter.

Ravi and aswin has already posted in their threads.
Even mine runs B & M 5.5, But it requires the Adapter. Remember this is something to do with the Hardware and not the software. We may have to use the adapter until Fiat & Apple workout some magic. Ravi is also unable to use the iPod Touch without the adapter, only the old gen iPod's work without the adapter.
Old 1st April 2011, 14:18   #669
Awaiting Email Confirmation

aks_karthik & teky: My Linea's Blue&Me doesn't require the adaptor to play from iPod and iPod Nano after upgrading the SW to v 5.5. Before upgradation, adaptor was must. But, I couldn't make my daughter's iPhone play with and without the adaptor even after upgradation. With the adaptor, it starts playing for a few seconds and automatically switches to FM radio! Without adaptor, the iPhone doesn't get recognised. But, my adaptor's box says that it works with iPhone.

Sorry to hear about the freak accident, Karthik. I don't use the handbrake for long-term parking as advised in the owner's handbook. I use the combination of the gear and wooden wedges for added safety as shown in this photograph.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 18:22   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
aks_karthik & teky: My Linea's Blue&Me doesn't require the adaptor to play from iPod and iPod Nano after upgrading the SW to v 5.5. Before upgradation, adaptor was must. But, I couldn't make my daughter's iPhone play with and without the adaptor even after upgradation. With the adaptor, it starts playing for a few seconds and automatically switches to FM radio! Without adaptor, the iPhone doesn't get recognised. But, my adaptor's box says that it works with iPhone.
Ravi ji - What version of OS the iPhone was running. I did have issues with OS 4.1 if I'm correct, The phone charges for sometime and then disconnects later. I'm running 4.2.1 currently and B & M 5.5 (There was an updated version of 5.5 with a different file size) which made my phone working with Blue & Me.
Old 2nd April 2011, 09:47   #671
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks, teky. The iPhone I tested is my daughter's. I shall ask her to update OS of her iPhone, and then, test it.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 15:03   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Finally My Silverstreak also met with accident in a freaky way
Day before yesterday, I parked my car in my parking slot in home and me and my son were enjoying the music inside the car with engine running for AC.so i slotted to Neutral and engaged Hand brake.
Once we finished the job, i stopped engine and released the Hand Brake and forgot to engaged the 1st Gear.this happened around 10:30PM.
After 1 hour,My Home bell rang pathetically and once opened the door, our appartment watchmen was standing ironically and said Sir,your car hit the opposite side compound wall.
I was amazed and didn't understand what he's yelling.
Once i stepped down to my parking bay i saw my car was standing kissed the Compound Wall, as it automatically forwarded and banged.
Bonnet and Front Grill are gone and some scratches here and there in the Front Bumper.
I have sent my car for fixing the issues to VST Body Shop under insurance.
Still no call from them reg. the fixation.
Post the photo once i back to home.

Guys,
Please ensure while parking your car to engage either Hand Brake or slot in some Gear or Stone under the tyres.

Enjoy and Drive safe.
Thats sad and unfortunate Karthik.

There are many a times i forget to engage the gear or handbrake i reach home very late in the night. Lucky me, that my parking is on an even platform.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2011, 11:31   #673
Senior - BHPian

Good One Ravi.
Now-a-days my Apartment Watch Man himself place big stone under every car tyre parked in the bays

My iPhone4 is running in iOS 4.3.1
My Blue & Me is running in V5.5

Need to check with FIAT and if it's working perfectly with Blue&Me adapter then i have to buy it in my nect visit to UK.
Old 4th April 2011, 15:35   #674
BHPian

Hello everybody.I've bought a Linea MJD on last wednesday. My car has done 700kms since then.I want to have a power upgrade for it. what do you people suggest?
1)Pete's tuning box(102 hp, 235Nm)(Rs 28000)
2)Spider tuning box by red rooster performance(125 hp, 280Nm)(Rs 23000)
3)Chip tuning box(120 hp, 275Nm)(Rs 10500 converted from 174 Euro)
And AKS KARTHIK, how much did the race chip tuning box cost you in INR?

Please suggest as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Naparajito : 4th April 2011 at 15:37.
Naparajito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 10:26   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Hello everybody.I've bought a Linea MJD on last wednesday. My car has done 700kms since then.I want to have a power upgrade for it. what do you people suggest?
1)Pete's tuning box(102 hp, 235Nm)(Rs 28000)
2)Spider tuning box by red rooster performance(125 hp, 280Nm)(Rs 23000)
3)Chip tuning box(120 hp, 275Nm)(Rs 10500 converted from 174 Euro)
And AKS KARTHIK, how much did the race chip tuning box cost you in INR?

Please suggest as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance.
for me it costs Rs. 8000 roughly.
I bought it from Germany.