Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th May 2011, 21:58   #721
Senior - BHPian

Default VST Customer Festival

Enjoyed Queensland Theme Park, Chennai today. Courtesy VST Motors. They arranged for a customer fest and invited some 1000 customers. Very nice move by them and got a cordial reception.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 15th May 2011 at 22:02. Reason: To add title
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 00:10   #722
BHPian

Default Re: Silver Streak Linea :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Yesterday i went for a small Test Drive with my car installed with Race Chip Tuning Box.
But i could not find any free roads inside chennai other than Raj Bhavan Road.
Initail power/Pickup is same as stock, But Mid an High Range is awesome.
In Gear Acceleration is definitely increased by 30-40% as assumed.
Man, it pulled like a locomotive and i couldn't manage to steer the car little bit afraid too.
It's pulled like the swift, once the turbo is spooling.
Really a worth buying and money well spend.
I am very eager to check the power in the open roads.
So plan for a trip to my native in coming weeks and will post the full story.

Enjoy and Drive Safe
Very interested to know about the Race chip. I am very close to ordering mine. Was there any customs problem? Ordering electronic items from abroad about 10,000 Rs. can cause some issues right? Including 45 Euro delivery, the total price comes to around 11,000 on the website. Is this correct? Are you facing any black smoke problems on high revving?

How are you measuring fuel efficiency after installing the box?

Looking forward to your feedback and thanks!
ByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:45   #723
Senior - BHPian

Bydesign,
I bought this race chip from germany itself. So no idea about online purchase. But some of our members have purchased it online without any issues. There's no black smoke on high reviving as of now and still I haven't checked the FE. But seems I might get some .3 to .5 km/lt increase in FE. It's very fun to drive my car now that too above 2k rpm.
Old 22nd May 2011, 08:49   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign
How are you measuring fuel efficiency after installing the box?
Usually I measure FE using tank -tank fill method only by filling it in the same petrol bunk and auto cut off.
aks_karthik is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 20:35   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Usually I measure FE using tank -tank fill method only by filling it in the same petrol bunk and auto cut off.
That's great feedback. I'm in the process of doing my exterior and interior mods for my Palio Stile at the moment. After that it will be this chip.

The thing is, from what people say, using the old method to calculate the FE is not workable after installing the tuning box.

My method is also the tank fill method. I fill it up, set the trip meter to zero and drive. Next tank fill I check the trip meter, check the volume filled, and do the division. Apparently, I can't figure out why though, this method does not apply after installing the box, because of WHERE the box is installed. Between the ECU and the fuel rail.

If someone can help me with this query, that'll help. Cause in my opinion, the FE calculation method is independent of where the box is installed. The fuel level sensor reads the level in the tank, and the trip meter is calculating the distance traveled by the car.

Anybody?
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:13   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign

That's great feedback. I'm in the process of doing my exterior and interior mods for my Palio Stile at the moment. After that it will be this chip.

The thing is, from what people say, using the old method to calculate the FE is not workable after installing the tuning box.

My method is also the tank fill method. I fill it up, set the trip meter to zero and drive. Next tank fill I check the trip meter, check the volume filled, and do the division. Apparently, I can't figure out why though, this method does not apply after installing the box, because of WHERE the box is installed. Between the ECU and the fuel rail.

If someone can help me with this query, that'll help. Cause in my opinion, the FE calculation method is independent of where the box is installed. The fuel level sensor reads the level in the tank, and the trip meter is calculating the distance traveled by the car.

Anybody?
I am really confused on your question.
Is this any dependency between Race chip and fuel level sensor. We have just give some inputs to the common rail injection module by using Race chip as ECU does before. So we can adhere old style- tank fill method to check the FE.
Old 23rd May 2011, 08:00   #727
BHPian

Quote:
I am really confused on your question.
Is this any dependency between Race chip and fuel level sensor. We have just give some inputs to the common rail injection module by using Race chip as ECU does before. So we can adhere old style- tank fill method to check the FE.
Hmm...sorry to have confused you. Let me try this again.

I have seen these comments on other automotive forums, while I was researching diesel tuning boxes. People say, even though the FE seems to have gone up, it is not actually the case because the car is fooled by the tuning box.
Old 23rd May 2011, 08:46   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post

I have seen these comments on other automotive forums, while I was researching diesel tuning boxes. People say, even though the FE seems to have gone up, it is not actually the case because the car is fooled by the tuning box.
But in anycase, the physical check approach of fill to fill, cannot go wrong..what fuel your car has consumed (chip or no chip) is what is emptied from the tank
kdadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:17   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post

Might be this is true. But we can't able to get the accurate FE.
Though Tuning Box won't fool us alot as we can able to check the no of trips to the point Vs Diesel consumed. So we can assume some what near to the FE.
I can easily calculate FE on my daily run and some small outings on weekends.
A Tank full comes for a month. so if it decreases, then definitely some game is played by Tuning Box for sure.
Any how i'll google it and if i find any information and share it here.
Old 1st June 2011, 10:53   #730
Senior - BHPian

Another visit to check the ABS as the ABS light has glown last week and off once i restarted.
Used OBD scanner and we got an ABS error in the left side where the soldering of a wire has come out. they soldering it again and run OBD scanner for error code.Nothing has come after that fixation.
I checked ECM with OBD Scanner also. i anticipated some error as i have added RaceChip Tunning Box in my car.But no Error Code.

Heard, some set of Lineas need a Timing Chain replacement.
But it's a time consuming job and it takes atleast a day to remove all mounting to reach Timing Chain.
FIAT has sent a set of VIN No, if our cars not falls on the No's then they will check Timing chain with some gauge. if it's not under their measurment, they will replace it under warranty.
I have to check it after some weeks.

For Squeaking Noise from Right Rear has solved by spraying Wurth Liquid Grease/ Rubber Treatment Spray over all applicable places including Shocks, Exhaust Clips, Door Locks and some other places.

Cleaned the Front Seats with the help of 3M people and end result is like a New Seats.

Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 1st June 2011, 13:12   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Another visit to check the ABS as the ABS light has glown last week and off once i restarted.
Used OBD scanner and we got an ABS error in the left side where the soldering of a wire has come out. they soldering it again and run OBD scanner for error code.Nothing has come after that fixation.
I checked ECM with OBD Scanner also. i anticipated some error as i have added RaceChip Tunning Box in my car.But no Error Code.
Karthik, my linea threw up the ABS sensor error light twice. Once at 10K while driving back from Ooty to Bangalore in the ghat section. Apparantly as in your case the wire had come off the connector. Second, during my recent drive back from Mumbai, this time the cable had snapped. Both times if was fixed free of cost at Concorde Motors.

Quote:
Heard, some set of Lineas need a Timing Chain replacement.
But it's a time consuming job and it takes atleast a day to remove all mounting to reach Timing Chain.
FIAT has sent a set of VIN No, if our cars not falls on the No's then they will check Timing chain with some gauge. if it's not under their measurment, they will replace it under warranty.
At 60K Km 4th service - both the timing belt/chain/pulley etc. were changed totaling to approx. 10K this was covered under the extended warranty that i bought at the time of purchase.
luky_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 13:21   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
At 60K Km 4th service - both the timing belt/chain/pulley etc. were changed totaling to approx. 10K this was covered under the extended warranty that i bought at the time of purchase.
I too have the Extended Warranty till 4th year.
But still VST Motors haven't changed Timing Chain to anyone.
so i will wait till they successfully do atleast one Timing Chain replacement before to my car
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:59   #733
Senior - BHPian

Default Rolling Noise.

For last couple of weeks i heard a Rolling Noise from my car at slow speed say < 40kms.
last week i checked it in VST and They told, it's because of the tyres.
we had put the car in the ramp and acceraleted the car in 2nd gear till 40 kms speed and released the Gear and clutch and heard for any weird sound from wheels.
Both Front wheels didn't have any murmuring sound.
checked the rear wheel by rotating it by hand in the speed as we can.
There also we hadn't heard any new sound.
So finally concluded it's because of Tyre.
But still i am having some doubt, we have missed something to be checked.
The sound is ilke some metal peices are brushing each other.
Guys,
if you faced the same problem, Please let me know.
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:45   #734
BHPian

Hi Karthik, not sure if this would help. I had a similar issue with my Palio and used to service it with VST Motors. I had done all these checks and also rotation before we concluded that its a tyre noise. The OE tyres had then run 28500 kms odd. I replaced it with CPC 2 and the noise vanished. I had Kirubakaran, Gurumoorthy checking my vehicle then with Mr. Ramalingam as oversight for this issue.
visweshkalambur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 12:50   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by visweshkalambur
Hi Karthik, not sure if this would help. I had a similar issue with my Palio and used to service it with VST Motors. I had done all these checks and also rotation before we concluded that its a tyre noise. The OE tyres had then run 28500 kms odd. I replaced it with CPC 2 and the noise vanished. I had Kirubakaran, Gurumoorthy checking my vehicle then with Mr. Ramalingam as oversight for this issue.
Thanx. My car has also done more than 30k kms. I have an idea to change the tyres. But current set of tyres will withstand for some 15k kms for sure. I am clearly in a dilemma.