Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st September 2011, 18:03   #781
BHPian

Default Re: Silver Streak Linea :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charioteer View Post
Deepavali!!!

My painstaking research on facts and figures over the last six weeks were just being concluded towards Linea MJD and Bingo!! - one line of info on T-BHP and looks like it will all be on the back-burner for another fortnight at least!!

Thanks for the valuable info aks_karthik.

And guess what, this post may well end up being the single largest reason for Linea not picking up sales in Sep 11 !! !!

Btw, any guesses on the pricing? Or some other thread is active on that?
Dude count me in right now with the same predicament. I have been researching the last 3 months and was gonna positively book the MJD this weekend.

And now won't be doing that.

Its just too frustrating to wait up now, u know.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 19:26   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I have been researching the last 3 months and was gonna positively book the MJD this weekend.

And now won't be doing that.
I wonder, if on this forum itself there are so many potential Linea shoppers, how exactly do the miserable sales figures of 175 for Jul and 113 for Aug come from (all Linea variants combined!!) I am taking this up on the 'Aug sales' thread also.
Charioteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 21:48   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wonder, if on this forum itself there are so many potential Linea shoppers, how exactly do the miserable sales figures of 175 for Jul and 113 for Aug come from (all Linea variants combined!!) I am taking this up on the 'Aug sales' thread also.
Just my 2 paise. Here you can find many potential Linea shoppers, because most of them believe in the merits of the product (be it the beautiful design, handling, ride, dynamics, engines etc). Whereas others (who contribute >95% of car sales) are more concerned about the resale value, the troublefree A.S.S, wide service network (where Linea is far behind its competitors) & are least bothered about the above mentioned aspects of the product. Result --> dwindling sales of Linea.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:16   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Just as AutoIndian said, its only TEAM-BHPers who are buying Lineas. General public is staying away from Fiats like a barge pole.

The negative sentiment among general public about Fiat has reached epic proportions.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:45   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Just as AutoIndian said, its only TEAM-BHPers who are buying Lineas. General public is staying away from Fiats like a barge pole.

The negative sentiment among general public about Fiat has reached epic proportions.

Cheers
yes you are right. my friends too hate fiat without knowing any history about fiat or even without knowing what fiat cars are and whats the heritage of fiat cars.

only when they test drove the 90hp punto and linea they vouched for it and couple of them booked them.

people who are avoiding fiat dont realise what they are missing. i would call them unlucky people.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 09:49   #786
BHPian

Was going to book the MJD this week and try and claim depreciation, but this 1.6 feeler has put me in a spot.
Does anyone have any more info . . . like bhp figures / newer features / price / colors / any links about the same . . .

Cheers
bikefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 08:53   #787

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
Was going to book the MJD this week and try and claim depreciation, but this 1.6 feeler has put me in a spot.
Does anyone have any more info . . . like bhp figures / newer features / price / colors / any links about the same . . .

Cheers
I am not sure how true that information is. I went ahead and booked an MJD emotion pack and will be taking the delivery in a week. I needed a diesel sedan right away (150 km/day usage) and couldnt wait for a new version to be released.
mahipalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 23:27   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipalc

I am not sure how true that information is. I went ahead and booked an MJD emotion pack and will be taking the delivery in a week. I needed a diesel sedan right away (150 km/day usage) and couldnt wait for a new version to be released.
Congrats and welcome to Fiat Linea Club.
It's a good buy indeed and it gives a whole lot of pleasure on driving.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 08:42   #789

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats and welcome to Fiat Linea Club.
It's a good buy indeed and it gives a whole lot of pleasure on driving.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Thanks. Just got the delivery last night (inspite of my best efforts to take the delivery during the day time), and still need to fully familiarize myself with the car. The best feeling was going straight to the gas station and paying less than 2k for the full tank of diesel....yes, this is my first diesel car...

I was initially discouraged by the dwindling sales numbers of Linea, but I liked the car so much that I decided to take the plunge anyway. But I was surprised to see that the dealer delivered 3 new lineas yesterday, including mine. May be it was because of the auspicious day, but a plenty of puntos were also getting delivered yesterday.

I will post my purchase experience in detail shortly.
Old 30th September 2011, 08:54   #790
BHPian

Welcome Mahipal ! I think we were acquainted on the R2i forum. Am i correct ? Are you in hyderabad currently? I am getting a fiat as well and just getting into the final count down

Last edited by NoMind : 30th September 2011 at 08:55. Reason: a
NoMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 09:25   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
Welcome Mahipal ! I think we were acquainted on the R2i forum. Am i correct ? Are you in hyderabad currently? I am getting a fiat as well and just getting into the final count down
Yes, you are right. I just moved back earlier this month. Please PM me your R2I forum user name.

BTW, I took the delivery of my Linea yesterday.
Old 30th September 2011, 09:48   #792
Senior - BHPian

@aks_karthik, Nice thread. I was going through it and came across this post of yours where you mentioned about the panel gaps between bonnet and headlights. I too noticed that most Lineas seem to have some amount of panel gap in that area, mine included (wasn't caused by anything, I have it from day 1) . I would like to know if you managed to get those panel gaps fixed, and if so, could you please help me by providing some details of costs/exact nature of work done?

P.S - when I enquired at the service station here, they said its a minor glitch, and there were was some bush below the bonnet lid and according to that guy, if we adjust that, the bonnet position (when closed) can be adjusted by a few millimetres to remove that panel gap. Of course, this is the case in my particular car and in more severe cases, this may not be sufficient but I would like to know your opinion anyway

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th September 2011 at 09:50.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 10:32   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
P.S - when I enquired at the service station here, they said its a minor glitch, and there were was some bush below the bonnet lid and according to that guy, if we adjust that, the bonnet position (when closed) can be adjusted by a few millimetres to remove that panel gap. Of course, this is the case in my particular car and in more severe cases, this may not be sufficient but I would like to know your opinion anyway
Thanx KarthikK,

Ya, for small adjustments you can use the bush to make it right by screwing back and forth to level the bonnet with the Front Grill.
But mine is totally different, it has to be adjusted in the Bonnet screws which connected to the Car's body. My Bonnet is slightly inclined towards left and it needs adjustments. So the Panel gap is not even in both sides of the Fender. will visit VST Service Station by next week to fix it.
But i am not sure it'll be taken care by them.
aks_karthik is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 15:55   #794
Senior - BHPian

Default Car Battery Drained abruptly :(

While travelling to Native with all my family members in my SilverStreak, Battery had gone kaput instantly and no way to start the car.
It's very much disbelief first for me as there's no sign of Battery Low Power/voltage earlier.
I had called up VST people and as usual they had given a very good help though nothing had happened from FIAT and Local Madurai Fiat Emergency Team.
Nobody had turned up after some 2.5 hrs and i myself poured some water in battery terminals and tried to start and it was started finally after 3 hrs waiting so badly in the Toll gate with small kids.
I took my car directly to ARASPVPV, Madurai Fiat Dealer service centre for replacing my Battery as recommended by VST people.
I had waited for 1.5 hrs and finally they said, no Battery is in stock in the Exide Dealer itself. Battery used in Linea is very specific and no dealers have put their money and stock it.

Stock Battery Specs : Exide DIN50MF(Maintanance Free) 12V 50Ah 250A with 1 Year Warranty.

Here, Fiat recommends only the given specs battery, but Battery shops recommends 47 - 60 DIN battery by altering the Battery placement area meant for DIN50.

I'd asked ARASPVPV team to check the battery output using Multimeter and the output was good and 12.8V and 13.2V with engine/AC/Headlight on.
Finally i'd started my car with Old battery and reached my Native safely without any clinch.

I spoke to my friend who is running battery shop in my native and he'd placed an order for DIN50 Exide Matrix battery with Indicator and i fixed it by paying Rs.7500 with 5 years warranty (30 months replacement and further pro data on purchase price) after getting discount of Rs.1000 for old battery.

In Fiat/Tata A.S.S, it comes around Rs.9000+.

Guys,
Please check your Fiat cars battery as it will withstand for 2 - 3 years only depends on usage.
aks_karthik is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 18:11   #795
Senior - BHPian

the problem is people wait for 15000 kms service for everything and dont check the battery water at all. within 5000 kms of running the battery water level goes down. i regularly top it up.
with proper care the battery should last long.

and once the exide conks off better to buy brands like amaron and tata green which are way better than over hyped exide.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote