Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st October 2011, 19:00   #796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg
the problem is people wait for 15000 kms service for everything and dont check the battery water at all. within 5000 kms of running the battery water level goes down. i regularly top it up.
with proper care the battery should last long.

and once the exide conks off better to buy brands like amaron and tata green which are way better than over hyped exide.
I never thought the water will reduce this amount in new age batteries and i used only 50ml of water only to start the car normally. But some of the new model batteries need special key to open the terminals. New battery has indicator which is not in the older one. Any how I learned a lesson after this incident.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 19:16   #797
Senior - BHPian

Old Battery
Name:  image2749602910.png
Views: 1219
Size:  898.6 KB

Name:  image2348776533.png
Views: 1207
Size:  806.4 KB

New Battery
Name:  image837130953.png
Views: 1196
Size:  860.8 KB

Name:  image3836389784.png
Views: 1202
Size:  874.2 KB

Last edited by aks_karthik : 31st October 2011 at 19:17.
Old 11th December 2011, 01:48   #798

Default Re: Silver Streak Linea :)

Gr8 thread Aks, Bought a emotion pack diesel recently...2010 model. the previous owner has been giving it for service at tafe reach. after reading some posts, am thinking about changing it to vst... what would be your suggestion, your help would be much appreciated. Am loving the car :-)
Amneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 10:57   #799
Senior - BHPian

Got an issue with Solar Gard sun film installed from Xenos, Chennai.
Some new bubbles has come after some 3 years of usage in entire glass area including Front Windshield. Though the warranty is for 5 Years, the Xenos Auto Boutique is closed for some reasons and no more contact to any correct person to speak about this issue. Got hold of one Xenos Manager and he assured me to come back after speaking with Head Office. Let's wait.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 21:33   #800
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Silver Streak Linea :)

Thats why i asked you to put 3M sunfilm !! at the first outset. you never know when all these brands will vanish !!

Same pinch. i also changed the battery and front 2 tyres !!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 13:05   #801
Senior - BHPian

Default Pilgrimage to Kumbakonnam and surroundings

Last week I had a Pleasant Pilgrim Trip to Kumbakkonam with my Friend Family Totally 4 Adults and 3 Kids with Boot filled to brim as usual.
Inspite of very Bad road, The car was extremely composed and never got tired after 7 hrs journey.

But i got a Tyre burst while crossing Neyveli town, I had run over a big pothole with my wrong judgement and ended up with Side wall cut and replaced with Stepney and continued our journey.

Searching 195/15/60 Tyre is a night mare in this city. There's only 2 dealers there and one is promoting MRF( MRF Tyredome) and another one deals with Bridgestone. Already i have a tyre in my mind, that's MRF ZLO.
I got a tyre for Rs. 4650 and that too i shipped from Mayavaram, Near by town.
Totally i spent 4900 for Tyre replacement and balancing both Alloys and stepney.
The most important thing is, I have bottomed very occasionally with 5 adults and 3 kids on board in very bad country roads.
Now a days i have learned to drive my car effectively.
got 17.8 kmpl with 100% AC overall.
Old 13th February 2012, 13:27   #802
BHPian

Default Re: Pilgrimage to Kumbakonnam and surroundings

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Now a days i have learned to drive my car effectively.
got 17.8 kmpl with 100% AC overall.
Hi Karthik,
Thats a very nice mileage. Is it the actuals or on the display console of the MID?

The best I have got is 21.6 actuals and 24.5 on the display during my previous trip to chikamagalur.
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 13:37   #803
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pilgrimage to Kumbakonnam and surroundings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
Hi Karthik,
Thats a very nice mileage. Is it the actuals or on the display console of the MID?

The best I have got is 21.6 actuals and 24.5 on the display during my previous trip to chikamagalur.
Normally i got >20 Kmpl in Highway drive, But this trip includes a lot of country side driving with no roads.
I've calculated by Tank Fill Method.
Normally there's 1 or 1.5 kms difference between MID and Tankfill method.
Old 29th February 2012, 21:07   #804
Senior - BHPian

I have given cheque for Rs.14000 for IDV 575000 for 4th Insurance in Future Generali without any NCB discount as I availed a claim last year.
Is Future Generali tie up with Fiat. Every Fiat service station has cashless through out India as I am told. Is it correct.
Any one know VST, Chennai has cashless for Future Generali.
Still time to check it. if not, I can move it to Bajaj Allianz for Rs.15000.
Old 27th March 2012, 09:40   #805
Senior - BHPian

Default 4th / 45000 Kms Service

I have sent my car for 4th / 45000KMS service yesterday to VST Motors.
Asusual have given some issues to be rectified and paint peeling in my repainted area should also be taken care.
I asked them not to do Wheel Balancing and Alignment and replace Fuel Filter without Sensor, which will reduce the part price by Rs. 800.
Other than this, Avail everything listed in the Service Book.
Let's see the Bill amount and servicing from VST.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:09   #806
BHPian

Default Re: 4th / 45000 Kms Service

Quote:
I have sent my car for 4th / 45000KMS service yesterday to VST Motors.
Asusual have given some issues to be rectified and paint peeling in my repainted area should also be taken care.
I asked them not to do Wheel Balancing and Alignment and replace Fuel Filter without Sensor, which will reduce the part price by Rs. 800.
Other than this, Avail everything listed in the Service Book.
Let's see the Bill amount and servicing from VST.
Hello Karthik. Recieved my car few days back after the 45000km service. The transmission oil, steering fluid, Brake fluid, engine coolant were replaced as it was mandatory once 2 years mark s crossed. Brake pad was also replaced. Fuel filter with sensor came to rs 1700. I also told them not to do wheel alignment & balancing as the tires are going to be replaced. For me the bill came to Rs 13,533. Wiper water tank motor was replaced FOC under extended warranty.
drdeepudev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 11:13   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Hello Karthik. Recieved my car few days back after the 45000km service. The transmission oil, steering fluid, Brake fluid, engine coolant were replaced as it was mandatory once 2 years mark s crossed. Brake pad was also replaced. Fuel filter with sensor came to rs 1700. I also told them not to do wheel alignment & balancing as the tires are going to be replaced. For me the bill came to Rs 13,533. Wiper water tank motor was replaced FOC under extended warranty.
As per the Manual, The transmission oil, steering fluid, Brake fluid, engine coolant will be replaced in 60K service only. That too not Mandatory.
I especially checked with my Service Advisor/Head Mechanic too.
For this 45K Service, There's no replacements for above Oil/Fluids for my car.
Any how i'll enquire again and let you know.
Old 27th March 2012, 11:25   #808
BHPian

Quote:
As per the Manual, The transmission oil, steering fluid, Brake fluid, engine coolant will be replaced in 60K service only. That too not Mandatory.
I especially checked with my Service Advisor/Head Mechanic too.
For this 45K Service, There's no replacements for above Oil/Fluids for my car.
Any how i'll enquire again and let you know.
Yes. I believe it is 60K or 2 years which ever comes earlier. I don't have the manual with me right now. I think it is mentioned in the service coupons (have to confirm). Recently my friends Punto also got it changed from Marina motors, Calicut. Mine was done from Concorde motors, Cochin. The service adviser told me about this. Or was it a scam?
drdeepudev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 12:01   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Yes. I believe it is 60K or 2 years which ever comes earlier. I don't have the manual with me right now. I think it is mentioned in the service coupons (have to confirm). Recently my friends Punto also got it changed from Marina motors, Calicut. Mine was done from Concorde motors, Cochin. The service adviser told me about this. Or was it a scam?
60K or 4 Years.
My Service is 4th service/45000kms/ car's 3rd year.
Might be a scam
Old 31st March 2012, 12:25   #810
Senior - BHPian

Got my car back from 4th service(paid) from VST motors. As usual good service and the total service cost is less than 7k. Happy for selecting FIAT. Attached Service Bill.
Attached Images

aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote