Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th September 2013, 21:13   #841
Senior - BHPian

Ramkay agreed to install non OEM pads? Great. Keep us posted on the brake bite.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 23:16   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Ramkay agreed to install non OEM pads? Great. Keep us posted on the brake bite.
As of now, Brake feels very good. Roulunds is famous in Brake Pads.
950 + 350 is economical too.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 12:48   #843
BHPian

Default Re: Silver Streak Linea :)

Hello everyone
Team bhp has always been a life saver and u guys are amazing. I wanted to ask you people that if these Roulunds brake pads are good and can i get these replaced by a good garage and not from the authorized dealer. Will the job done nicely and perfectly or as it is a matter or brake/safety i should not take a chance and go to the service center directly. help guys
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2013, 13:39   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Hello everyone
Team bhp has always been a life saver and u guys are amazing. I wanted to ask you people that if these Roulunds brake pads are good and can i get these replaced by a good garage and not from the authorized dealer. Will the job done nicely and perfectly or as it is a matter or brake/safety i should not take a chance and go to the service center directly. help guys
I think Roulunds comes in as a part of standard fitment in Linea. The brand is well known and has been in the industry from a long time. When compared to BOSH , Roulunds are on the the lower side of the price, however when compared I did not notice any significant difference in the specifications (May be I was expecting a little bit more from BOSH on the thickness factor).

Dimensions of Roulunds- Length:123mm, Height:53.3mm, Thickness:17.8mm.
Dimensions of BOSH-Length :123 mm, Height 53.4mm, Thickness:17.8mm.

Brake Pad installation is one of the easiest task and it can definitely be done at any neighborhood garage without much hassle.

Although the following sentence is off topic , I felt it is worth mentioning. The life of the brake pads is mostly dependent on how we drive and we have a well written advice on T-BHP in the below link on how to run our car to get the best out of it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/tech-stuff/m...-while-driving
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 10:01   #845
BHPian

Finally 4 and a half year old and 53350 kms driven Linea MJD cars brake pads were changed. As per recommendation by Aks_karthik got Roulunds brake pads from Auto Allied, Mumbai (store recommended by a team-bhpian) for the cost of exactly Rs.940. Paid Rs.500 to my mechanic to get the job done.
Have barely driven 25 kms since the change of pads and I know its very early to write review, still........
Braking prowess has reduced and the car stops ahead of the point to what I expect and takes a second more to stop than my calculation. The pedal also feels more spongy when pressed. Is it effect of the non-OEM or just a minor hiccup before the pads aligns itself with the discs. I use to love the way my Linea use to stop previously.
Would bleeding help?
Does the rear drum brakes require any servicing as it has been 53k kms?

Next change on cards are the tyres which have really served well for all these kms and years. Looking ahead for MRF ZLo. Suggestions and recommendation for any good tyre dealer in Mumbai are welcome, with right price and a flawless job.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 10:56   #846
Senior - BHPian

New brake pads have to bed in before they can operate at their optimum potential . so run for 500 kms and after that your braking will be back to normal .
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 11:35   #847
Senior - BHPian

Hope you'll get the same brake bite as earlier after some bed in time.
Please post your review after completing more kms.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2014, 22:40   #848
Senior - BHPian

For last some days I heard weird scrapping sound (like racing exhaust)between 1000 - 1100 rpm while driving. It's not been heard when stop and rev the engine.
I thought it might be from air filter box Need to open and check.
I have race chip installed for last 25K kms. Hope it won't give this kind if issues.
Last one is Elastic Pad. If it's rusted inside might give some vibration which in turns hear as scrapping noise.
Another possibility is a puncture in the exhaust system.
Guys. Anyone come across this kind of issues.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:57   #849
Senior - BHPian

I have got Airbag error messages for last some weeks on cold start.
I doubted on battery as i had changed it before 2.5 years and called Exide Bat Mobile (044 - 3271 1111)and they came in 2 hrs and checked and turned to be normal.
Now the problem might be in starter motor or fuses. But i haven't faced any starting problem till date.
Need to visit service sometimes and address this issue with earlier issue with engine cover bushes.
On enquiring with Ramkay, parts team @ ramkay has told me that i need to change the whole engine cover itself.
So i sent mail to INDIA Partshelpdesk (FGA INDIA Pvt. Ltd.) and got an immediate reply that it will be available as a child part and gave instructions to parts team @ ramkay too.
Got a call from Ramkay for my escalations to fiat and they promised to solve the issue as my wish when i visit them.
mostly i plan to visit tomorrow to fix these both issues.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 19th September 2014 at 12:59.
Old 25th September 2015, 20:36   #850
Senior - BHPian

after many round of searching for Linea wiper blade, i have got the below Power X from Snapdeal for Rs. 750.
it's same as OEM clip and 1 minute is enough to change the blades.
Blades look good. let's wait for the performance on rainy days.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/powe...r/637927765037

I haven't seen the performance as chennai is in summer mode till

Last edited by aks_karthik : 25th September 2015 at 20:37.
Old 26th September 2015, 03:47   #851
BHPian

You can get original wiper blades from Fiat service centres. Then why bother about third party manufactures, especially when they're made in Germany and there's no compromise on quality. And it costs about 700 bucks! So it's the same price as well.

Last edited by firstguri : 26th September 2015 at 03:49.
firstguri is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 12:23   #852
BHPian

Are there any Fiat Linea Classic owners on Tbhp? I am considering the classic 1.3 and need some advice before i take a decision.
bharatbits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 12:48   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
You can get original wiper blades from Fiat service centres. Then why bother about third party manufactures, especially when they're made in Germany and there's no compromise on quality. And it costs about 700 bucks! So it's the same price as well.
Original wiper blades cost 700 each. I guess Karthik got both the blades for 750. That's quite a good price assuming the quality is good.
Ferrari1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 13:00   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Original wiper blades cost 700 each. I guess Karthik got both the blades for 750. That's quite a good price assuming the quality is good.
Yes, it's just Rs.700 only and the wiper is very good and withstand quite nicely with Chennai rain.
Old 1st February 2016, 13:08   #855
Senior - BHPian

Default Linea 2009 15 Inch Alloy Wheel

Hi Friends,

I am looking for Fiat Linea 2009 15 Inch Alloy Wheels.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  7.8 KB

I have got bent two of my wheels and now i am feeling a juddering at some RPMs.
I have been searching for Linea alloys and 98 pcd 15'' 4/8 holes 38-44mm offset alloys.
But failed to get it at chennai and informed some friends in other states too.

If anyone has old Alloys to sell, i need 2 alloy wheels.

98 pcd 15'' 4/8 holes 38-44mm offset alloys are very limited. i came across Momo Alloys for 30K and Neo Alloys Athelete Model for 24K.