Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th March 2009, 12:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
1.6 turbo. That sounds cool. And what are the bhp/torque figures like for this engine ? Would it be in the same league as the ANHC in terms of performance ?
Did not get all the information like torque curve and etc. But I guess it must be more or less similar to the international 1.6 MJD.
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 13:09   #47
BHPian

Your car looks just gorgeous Ranga.. happy for you... drive safe man!! just sheer elegance!

A big congrats for the awesome buy!
eternalck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 15:15   #48
BHPian

Thanks once again everybody for all your wishes. I am indeed driving safe last sunday i did the 0-100 test on the Hyderabad highway and boy she was awesome, I love the way she sounds when i Rev her .

If it was not team bhp i would have never had her. It was t bhp (muneem) especially who suggested me to hold on and I am really happy that i did hold on from Dec (ANHC) to March (Linea).

Thanks,
Ranganathan
tinkywinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 17:17   #49
BHPian

congratulations its pure class. and a class above.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 17:22   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
Thanks once again everybody for all your wishes. I am indeed driving safe last sunday i did the 0-100 test on the Hyderabad highway and boy she was awesome, I love the way she sounds when i Rev her .

Thanks,
Ranganathan
congratulations dude. looking at pics and seats, i too feel like buying one. But recession
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 22:37   #51
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Its a no contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
1.6 turbo. That sounds cool. And what are the bhp/torque figures like for this engine ? Would it be in the same league as the ANHC in terms of performance ?
If the 1.6MJD is put into the Linea there is no competition from any car manufactured in India. ANHC is not even in the picture when roll on figures are considered. I am not including cars that are imported into India as completely built up units. For the torque output have a look at this link mentioned below. Roll on acceleration is stupendous as peak torque of 300Nm is available from 1500rpm.

Fiat Bravo: All the strengths of the new 1.6 Multijet 16v engine - Auto news

If its confirmed; my GTX is up for sale. This GTX is a virgin as far as service centers are concerned as all fluids have been changed by me regularly and the only major part changed to date is the rear silencer box done at Mustang Motors Ernakulam. I shall post details inthe appropriate thread after it gets confirmed that the 1.6vgtmjd is on sale in India in either the Punto or the Linea.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 20th March 2009 at 22:53.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 22:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

If GP comes with 1.6 MJD, whether the Big Blue picks up our company or not, I am going to pick this one up somehow this year.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 22:58   #53

Default God bless you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Your prayers will be answered shortly. Got info from one of my friends associated with FIAT that 1.6 turbo engine is on test. He is associated with FIAT for last 10 years now and he is very reliable source.
May your mouth be filled with Ghee and Jaggary. let this information be the truth as this is the power output that hits the sweet spot for small cars for Kerala roads and majority of the roads in India. For the expressways the 150bhp 1.9vgt is better off which may never see light of day.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 20th March 2009 at 23:01.
Old 20th March 2009, 23:14   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post

If its confirmed; my GTX is up for sale. This GTX is a virgin as far as service centers are concerned as all fluids have been changed by me regularly and the only major part changed to date is the rear silencer box done at Mustang Motors Ernakulam. I shall post details inthe appropriate thread after it gets confirmed that the 1.6vgtmjd is on sale in India in either the Punto or the Linea.
pl PM first when u put up your GTX for sale , i will be the first to offer you a price tag for that...
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 23:48   #55

Default You are 4th in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
pl PM first when u put up your GTX for sale , i will be the first to offer you a price tag for that...
Dear Sanjay,
I shall definitely pm you but you are the 4th individual asking for my GTX. The moment anyone of us gets confirmation of the 1.6vgtmjd being released in either the Linea or the Grande Punto you can call me up at 09447023330. It looks like there are many takers for my car only because it has not been serviced by the mechanics at the authorized service centers and more over since it has not given me unwarranted trouble since July 2003 when I bought it except once when the accelerator cable broke in the 6th month of purchase. I still have the 2nd and 3rd free service coupons with me. Mind you its been running on LPG since July 2004. All fluids without exception changed once a year except the engine oil and its associated filter which is changed by me every 5000kms. Yes I pamper and adore my GTX and hope the new owner does likewise.
Old 21st March 2009, 00:04   #56
BHPian

First, Congrats, Ranga! The car is a beauty!

1.6 MJD!!!!! That car *has* to be bought :-) -Come recession or slowdown, I can always make enough money to buy the 1.6 or the 1.9 MJD - I hope they don't do a Skoda in pricing...
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 10:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
May your mouth be filled with Ghee and Jaggary. let this information be the truth as this is the power output that hits the sweet spot for small cars for Kerala roads and majority of the roads in India. For the expressways the 150bhp 1.9vgt is better off which may never see light of day.
Courier the sweets . There is another thread which has confirmed that 1.6 is certainly on the cards. Yahoooooo !! I guess FIAT will bring the new machine with a tag of 70K on the existing one. This will differentiate the 1.3 pricing and then they can target a segment upper than 1.3 is currently positioned in. I wish FIAT all the best.
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 01:20   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I took the car insurance from Reliance - They gave me a discount of 5.5 K.

Regards,
Ranganathan

Hey Ranganathan,
that review saved me 6.4 K ... i read about your experience and then i asked for the insurance discount as well, while i was making my final payment, and hey, i got it. i am now expecting a refund cheque with Dilevery !! thats 3 tanks of GAS
Just to say thank you man !!

And thank Team-Bhp too (i'll buy your stickers)

Mazher
mazherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 13:51   #59
BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazherr View Post
Hey Ranganathan,
that review saved me 6.4 K ... i read about your experience and then i asked for the insurance discount as well, while i was making my final payment, and hey, i got it. i am now expecting a refund cheque with Dilevery !! thats 3 tanks of GAS
Just to say thank you man !!

And thank Team-Bhp too (i'll buy your stickers)

Mazher

Congrats buddy,

I would need a treat whenever i would come to Mumbai
tinkywinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 14:52   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats buddy,

I would need a treat whenever i would come to Mumbai
Ranga when do I get my treat ? and who gave lessons on insurance deals ? and don't she sound wonderful while doing pedal to metal ?
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote