Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th March 2009, 11:56   #1
BHPian

Default Palio Multijet - Starting vibration

Question to all Palio Multijet owners -

During test ride of Palio MJD, when I turned on the ignition, I felt like there was an earth quake and the car shuddered while starting. Thereafter it was silent. Is this normal? I' am not sure if the problem was in the TD vehicle. The salesperson said its common.

So just wanted to know from you folks -
1. If this is normal?
2. Has the vibration (during starting) reduced or increased after some usage.

I didn't find this problem during starting of Indica vista quadrajet.

Thanks!
maverickxx2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 12:59   #2
BHPian

Except that starter motor goes for 2 revs extra than a Petrol there is no Earth shaking vibrations. I always depress the clutch fully even if in Neutral while starting. Don't know the reason for it but got used to.
lightpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 16:03   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
Except that starter motor goes for 2 revs extra than a Petrol there is no Earth shaking vibrations. I always depress the clutch fully even if in Neutral while starting. Don't know the reason for it but got used to.
In fact, that's what the manual that came with the Palio MJD says, "Start the car with the clutch fully depressed".

I haven't seen any earth shaking vibrations in many Palio MJD. I believe there is some problem with the TD car. I suggest you get into another car in the showroom and check the noise level.
lejhoom is offline   Reply With Quote