Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd April 2009, 13:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
can you please elaborate on this? What exactly is the issue with the horn?

This is an issue even I have felt. Ideally you should be able to streatch your thumb still holding the steering wheel to operate the horn, but since the area where you can press is small (small circle) this requires some effort in ANHC
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 01:33   #77
BHPian

I haven't tried too much honking in my ANHC. So, cant comment on horn issue.
As for upgrading the bulbs in your headlight, if you use the same wattage bulbs, I think it shouldn't void the warranty.
This commonly used threat of warranty getting void is something which all car owners are getting used to. But i will recommend against upgrading the bulbs.

Has anybody tried using HID kits with reflectors? What is the take of warranty getting void with them. Any clues?
jimmzbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 08:25   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Ideally you should be able to streatch your thumb still holding the steering wheel to operate the horn, but since the area where you can press is small (small circle) this requires some effort in ANHC
yep, the area is small and you have to reach. one of the problems of designing a fancy steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmzbond View Post
This commonly used threat of warranty getting void is something which all car owners are getting used to. But i will recommend against upgrading the bulbs.
Has anybody tried using HID kits with reflectors? What is the take of warranty getting void with them. Any clues?
I remember someone else tried an upgrade too for ANHC. Remember reading about it in a thread. I don't do much night driving, and usually city roads are well lit, so i haven't faced a problem yet.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 14:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Default First Service Complete

Completed the first service today. Apart form the regular things asked them to take care of
  1. occasional static from left passenger door speaker
  2. jerks in 1st and second gear
the did clutch bleeding for (2) and the gear shift is now much better. static is occasional, so i will hold on before i say its gone.

words about the service: Honda service called me about a week before to remind me of 1st service and booked my service at 9:00 AM today. Dropped the car at around 9:20 AM, and got it back at 12:00. It was very convenient and an overall good experience. Its the first time i had any service complete under 3 hours

overall experience with Magnum so far: great
Old 25th April 2009, 15:58   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  1. jerks in 1st and second gear
the did clutch bleeding for (2) and the gear shift is now much better. static is occasional, so i will hold on before i say its gone.
Even i had complained about the same 1day after takin delivery. The Honda mechanic was like Sirrr its I VTEC . I was like so???? They too had done some treatment on the clutch. But it still jerks a bit during reverse and 1st gear.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 16:11   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]jerks in 1st and second gear[/list]the did clutch bleeding for (2) and the gear shift is now much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Even i had complained about the same 1day after takin delivery. The Honda mechanic was like Sirrr its I VTEC . I was like so???? They too had done some treatment on the clutch. But it still jerks a bit during reverse and 1st gear.
Jerks seem to be common aspect of Honda Cities. I had read that first batch old VTecs used to have jerks at low speed untill some tweeking to the engine mapping solved the problem. I remember my NHC used to really jerk at crawling speeds.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 17:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Even i had complained about the same 1day after takin delivery. The Honda mechanic was like Sirrr its I VTEC .
lol... Yep, its a Vtec and its a Honda, so you should be wrong

Karan - dude i used to think i was doing something wrong until i spoke to you and heard you had the same problem. Well, it seems to be much better now, lets see how this goes. Reverse is very smooth for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Jerks seem to be common aspect of Honda Cities. I had read that first batch old VTecs used to have jerks at low speed untill some tweeking to the engine mapping solved the problem. I remember my NHC used to really jerk at crawling speeds.
Thankfully for me it wasnt so bad as it jerks at low speeds. But yeah, good piece of info there Guna.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 25th April 2009 at 17:32.
Old 25th April 2009, 17:48   #83
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Completed the first service today. Apart form the regular things asked them to take care of
  1. occasional static from left passenger door speaker
  2. jerks in 1st and second gear
Static is due to the seat cover fabric and the material of the cloth that you wear. Can the service do anything to it??
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 18:08   #84
Senior - BHPian

@oss: maybe static's not the best way to put it. There the left side speaker was making some occasional noise (static like) and it was irritating. so told the folks, they opened up the left side door cover from inside and "fixed" it. Dont ask me what they fixed, i am not too convinced about their explanation.

But the good part is - that noise seems to be gone on my return drive. Since it was an occasional thing - i will wait before is say good riddance.
Old 26th April 2009, 10:09   #85

Exclamation Mud flaps

[quote=jimmzbond;1234209]As i understand, the mud flaps are not standard on Honda city E/MT. Price being quoted was about 4K for body colored mudflaps. I want the mudflaps, but not very sure if I should go for body coloured ones or black coloured after market.

I got mud flaps fixed on my ANHC y'day and they cost me 2400rs.(2000+400 for painting). 4K seems slightly hefty.
Whaateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 12:52   #86
oss
BHPian

Quote:
@oss: maybe static's not the best way to put it. There the left side speaker was making some occasional noise (static like) and it was irritating. so told the folks, they opened up the left side door cover from inside and "fixed" it. Dont ask me what they fixed, i am not too convinced about their explanation.

But the good part is - that noise seems to be gone on my return drive. Since it was an occasional thing - i will wait before is say good riddance.
Got it. Sometimes even the accumulated dust on the diaphragm or the cone will cause such kind of noise; but can't explain why in a new car !!
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 20:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

@oss: beats me too, but today while driving to and fro from work, i have noticed that the noise is gone for good now. good riddance

Two Questions for the ANHC owners

1) Any clue as to how to picks up the first file to play in a folder? I first thought i was in alphabetical order, but its not. Then i thought it would be by the genre or album or track number. I am a little confused now - and to me exact order is important since i am listening to an audiobook (split into multiple mp3s). Manual doesn't provide much info.

2) Are you using premium or regular fuel?

Last edited by SkyWalker : 27th April 2009 at 20:30.
Old 4th May 2009, 10:19   #88
BHPian

HI Sky:

a. Are you using an iPod or general USB storage device? I use an iPod and it normal goes with track numbers if you don't keep in shuffle mode.

b. I use only regular fuel.

And noise from speakers - I guess it is file specific. I had faced this earlier and after a very careful observation, i noticed that this happens only with few MP3 files which are either very old and pooerly converted from internet. Then i changes settings - i.e, reduce the volume, bass, Tre, Fad...it disappeared.
shrinivasap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 08:46   #89
Senior - BHPian

Shrinivas - sorry i missed this - i ahvent checked this thread in a while:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinivasap View Post
HI Sky:

a. Are you using an iPod or general USB storage device? I use an iPod and it normal goes with track numbers if you don't keep in shuffle mode.
Only for USB. iPod works just fine. But usually my ipod has music, and with music you wont notice a minor order difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinivasap View Post
And noise from speakers - I guess it is file specific. I had faced this earlier and after a very careful observation, i noticed that this happens only with few MP3 files which are either very old and pooerly converted from internet. Then i changes settings - i.e, reduce the volume, bass, Tre, Fad...it disappeared.
At least for me its now gone for good, so hopefully it never comes back
Old 4th August 2009, 17:40   #90
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

hi

I am using a ANHC since the alst one month. I agree with you that the lights are very dim and initially I kep on checking whether actually the headlights are on on or off. changed the lamps to HID since the last week and the diferrance is amazing.
amidoc is offline   Reply With Quote