Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 13:38   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
can you please elaborate on this? What exactly is the issue with the horn?

This is an issue even I have felt. Ideally you should be able to streatch your thumb still holding the steering wheel to operate the horn, but since the area where you can press is small (small circle) this requires some effort in ANHC
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 01:33   #77
BHPian
 
jimmzbond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 30
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I haven't tried too much honking in my ANHC. So, cant comment on horn issue.
As for upgrading the bulbs in your headlight, if you use the same wattage bulbs, I think it shouldn't void the warranty.
This commonly used threat of warranty getting void is something which all car owners are getting used to. But i will recommend against upgrading the bulbs.

Has anybody tried using HID kits with reflectors? What is the take of warranty getting void with them. Any clues?
jimmzbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 08:25   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Ideally you should be able to streatch your thumb still holding the steering wheel to operate the horn, but since the area where you can press is small (small circle) this requires some effort in ANHC
yep, the area is small and you have to reach. one of the problems of designing a fancy steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmzbond View Post
This commonly used threat of warranty getting void is something which all car owners are getting used to. But i will recommend against upgrading the bulbs.
Has anybody tried using HID kits with reflectors? What is the take of warranty getting void with them. Any clues?
I remember someone else tried an upgrade too for ANHC. Remember reading about it in a thread. I don't do much night driving, and usually city roads are well lit, so i haven't faced a problem yet.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 14:03   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default First Service Complete

Completed the first service today. Apart form the regular things asked them to take care of
  1. occasional static from left passenger door speaker
  2. jerks in 1st and second gear
the did clutch bleeding for (2) and the gear shift is now much better. static is occasional, so i will hold on before i say its gone.

words about the service: Honda service called me about a week before to remind me of 1st service and booked my service at 9:00 AM today. Dropped the car at around 9:20 AM, and got it back at 12:00. It was very convenient and an overall good experience. Its the first time i had any service complete under 3 hours

overall experience with Magnum so far: great
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 15:58   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
  1. jerks in 1st and second gear
the did clutch bleeding for (2) and the gear shift is now much better. static is occasional, so i will hold on before i say its gone.
Even i had complained about the same 1day after takin delivery. The Honda mechanic was like Sirrr its I VTEC . I was like so???? They too had done some treatment on the clutch. But it still jerks a bit during reverse and 1st gear.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 16:11   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,376
Thanked: 528 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
[*]jerks in 1st and second gear[/list]the did clutch bleeding for (2) and the gear shift is now much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Even i had complained about the same 1day after takin delivery. The Honda mechanic was like Sirrr its I VTEC . I was like so???? They too had done some treatment on the clutch. But it still jerks a bit during reverse and 1st gear.
Jerks seem to be common aspect of Honda Cities. I had read that first batch old VTecs used to have jerks at low speed untill some tweeking to the engine mapping solved the problem. I remember my NHC used to really jerk at crawling speeds.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 17:26   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Even i had complained about the same 1day after takin delivery. The Honda mechanic was like Sirrr its I VTEC .
lol... Yep, its a Vtec and its a Honda, so you should be wrong

Karan - dude i used to think i was doing something wrong until i spoke to you and heard you had the same problem. Well, it seems to be much better now, lets see how this goes. Reverse is very smooth for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Jerks seem to be common aspect of Honda Cities. I had read that first batch old VTecs used to have jerks at low speed untill some tweeking to the engine mapping solved the problem. I remember my NHC used to really jerk at crawling speeds.
Thankfully for me it wasnt so bad as it jerks at low speeds. But yeah, good piece of info there Guna.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 25th April 2009 at 17:32.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 17:48   #83
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Completed the first service today. Apart form the regular things asked them to take care of
  1. occasional static from left passenger door speaker
  2. jerks in 1st and second gear
the did clutch bleeding for (2) and the gear shift is now much better. static is occasional, so i will hold on before i say its gone.
Static is due to the seat cover fabric and the material of the cloth that you wear. Can the service do anything to it??
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 18:08   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

@oss: maybe static's not the best way to put it. There the left side speaker was making some occasional noise (static like) and it was irritating. so told the folks, they opened up the left side door cover from inside and "fixed" it. Dont ask me what they fixed, i am not too convinced about their explanation.

But the good part is - that noise seems to be gone on my return drive. Since it was an occasional thing - i will wait before is say good riddance.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 10:09   #85
Newbie
 
Whaateva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hebri
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Exclamation Mud flaps

[quote=jimmzbond;1234209]As i understand, the mud flaps are not standard on Honda city E/MT. Price being quoted was about 4K for body colored mudflaps. I want the mudflaps, but not very sure if I should go for body coloured ones or black coloured after market.

I got mud flaps fixed on my ANHC y'day and they cost me 2400rs.(2000+400 for painting). 4K seems slightly hefty.
Whaateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 12:52   #86
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
@oss: maybe static's not the best way to put it. There the left side speaker was making some occasional noise (static like) and it was irritating. so told the folks, they opened up the left side door cover from inside and "fixed" it. Dont ask me what they fixed, i am not too convinced about their explanation.

But the good part is - that noise seems to be gone on my return drive. Since it was an occasional thing - i will wait before is say good riddance.
Got it. Sometimes even the accumulated dust on the diaphragm or the cone will cause such kind of noise; but can't explain why in a new car !!
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 20:29   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

@oss: beats me too, but today while driving to and fro from work, i have noticed that the noise is gone for good now. good riddance

Two Questions for the ANHC owners

1) Any clue as to how to picks up the first file to play in a folder? I first thought i was in alphabetical order, but its not. Then i thought it would be by the genre or album or track number. I am a little confused now - and to me exact order is important since i am listening to an audiobook (split into multiple mp3s). Manual doesn't provide much info.

2) Are you using premium or regular fuel?

Last edited by SkyWalker : 27th April 2009 at 20:30.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 10:19   #88
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

HI Sky:

a. Are you using an iPod or general USB storage device? I use an iPod and it normal goes with track numbers if you don't keep in shuffle mode.

b. I use only regular fuel.

And noise from speakers - I guess it is file specific. I had faced this earlier and after a very careful observation, i noticed that this happens only with few MP3 files which are either very old and pooerly converted from internet. Then i changes settings - i.e, reduce the volume, bass, Tre, Fad...it disappeared.
shrinivasap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 08:46   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
SkyWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,531
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Shrinivas - sorry i missed this - i ahvent checked this thread in a while:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinivasap View Post
HI Sky:

a. Are you using an iPod or general USB storage device? I use an iPod and it normal goes with track numbers if you don't keep in shuffle mode.
Only for USB. iPod works just fine. But usually my ipod has music, and with music you wont notice a minor order difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinivasap View Post
And noise from speakers - I guess it is file specific. I had faced this earlier and after a very careful observation, i noticed that this happens only with few MP3 files which are either very old and pooerly converted from internet. Then i changes settings - i.e, reduce the volume, bass, Tre, Fad...it disappeared.
At least for me its now gone for good, so hopefully it never comes back
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 17:40   #90
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 18 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

hi

I am using a ANHC since the alst one month. I agree with you that the lights are very dim and initially I kep on checking whether actually the headlights are on on or off. changed the lamps to HID since the last week and the diferrance is amazing.
amidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years sagarpadaki Long-Term Ownership Reviews 108 17th January 2015 11:04
My Beige BRUTE - Maruti SX4 ZDi - Update - 1 Year & 16500 kms powertrain Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 81 28th April 2013 12:32
First Sedan - All New Honda City V - Bold Beige sparkplug Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 22 19th November 2010 21:11
Tata Indigo XL Classic Dicor - 20,000 KMs & 3rd Service Update Bouncer Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 91 30th May 2010 22:00
My All New Honda City (Color: Bold Beige) shrinivasap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 20 4th July 2009 18:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks