Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th August 2009, 16:11   #91
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Dear skywalker,

I see two black two plugs on the front bumpers of your car. These two plugs aren't there in my car's bumper.

Would you tell me whats it ?

Also let me know if you have upgraded your head lamps. I certainly see a need to change the bulbs, since i feel its not sufficient.
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 17:46   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
I see two black two plugs on the front bumpers of your car. These two plugs aren't there in my car's bumper.

Would you tell me whats it ?
those are the forward + reverse parking sensors. Got 2 in front and 4 in the back.[/quote]

Quote:
Also let me know if you have upgraded your head lamps. I certainly see a need to change the bulbs, since i feel its not sufficient.
No i haven't. I hardly ever drive at night - so it doesn't affect me in a big way. But it has to be done, so lets ask Amidoc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
hi

I am using a ANHC since the alst one month. I agree with you that the lights are very dim and initially I kep on checking whether actually the headlights are on on or off. changed the lamps to HID since the last week and the difference is amazing.
thanks amidoc, can you let us how how much did that cost? Also, wont it void the electrical's warranty?

Last edited by SkyWalker : 5th August 2009 at 17:47.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 17:56   #93
BHPian

sky,
whats the mileage you are getting in city?
Also mention the average speed.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 19:00   #94
Senior - BHPian

Neo, Mileage has been steadily improving ever since i had my 2nd Service. I usually get 11.x while the display shows 12.x. This time, my display shows 13.1, which is the best i got so far, so the actual mileage should be somewhere around 12.1. I will know when i tank up on Thu/Fri.

I don't know the avg speed, i don't know if AHNC has that option - but i don't drive for mileage. I am sure people driving with a light foot would be able to extract better mileage.

100% AC and 100% in city. That reminds me - i should go on a long drive soon
Old 6th August 2009, 10:56   #95

Dear Ami,

Would you pls give us your inputs on the headlights pls.It would be nice if you also suggest the place where you got it done & also the damage to your pocket :-)

awaiting your reply.

regards
Old 6th August 2009, 11:02   #96

Dear Sky,

Would you pls let me know whats the cost of these sensors ?

Is it worth getting the forward parking sensors ? Are you happy using it ?

Pls do let me know where you got it done & what would be the effect of water on the cameras. Does fixing this has anything to do with stock cabling ?
Old 6th August 2009, 12:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Sky,

Would you pls let me know whats the cost of these sensors ?

Is it worth getting the forward parking sensors ? Are you happy using it ?

Pls do let me know where you got it done & what would be the effect of water on the cameras. Does fixing this has anything to do with stock cabling ?
I don't remember the exact price, they come in many flavors - starting from 2K going all the way up to 20K. I guess mine was around 6K if i recall correctly. It was done at the dealers - Magnum Honda. Driven it in rain - no impacts. Btw- no cameras in mine - only sensors.

I like the forward parking sensors. They get activated only (1) when you hit the brakes or (2) in reverse gear. I would not go without it in Bangalore, due to the congested parking slots. It has made my parking in the congested malls effortless.

Minor irritant: it will beep if you are in a traffic signal and some newpaperwallah or street peddler crosses you. Using handbrakes would solve it. For me, its insignificant, so i don't bother.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 6th August 2009 at 12:24.
Old 7th August 2009, 15:53   #98

Dear Sky,

Thanks for the info.Nice inputs...now i need to get info about headlights modification soon.

By the way, how is the service and the care they take for our cars at Magnum Honda...thinking of getting it services there, since my car's rear bumper was badly damaged when i got it serviced for the 1st free service at Dakshin Honda.

bye

P.S: Whats is your good name ? i feel little ODD callinh you sky ?
Old 11th August 2009, 11:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Sky,
By the way, how is the service and the care they take for our cars at Magnum Honda...thinking of getting it services there, since my car's rear bumper was badly damaged when i got it serviced for the 1st free service at Dakshin Honda.
i like Magnum. I find them quite fast. I have been there for 1st and second service. In both cases i delivered the car on a Saturday morning around 9:30 AM and picked it up by 11:30-12:00. I drop my car there, hit Metro (just cross the road) for some shopping and when i come back, car's ready. Needless to say i am a happy customer!

Quote:
P.S: Whats is your good name ? i feel little ODD callinh you sky ?
you can call me Ron
Old 12th October 2009, 09:11   #100
Senior - BHPian

3rd Service - ~6K Kilometers Update

Finished 3rd service this Saturday. The car is now in its 7th month of ownership and i have completed 5781 kilometers (Includes a trip to Ooty about ~650 Km and a 2 week TN, Kerala trip of ~1800 km). The monthly running for my car is very low.

I also had two minor dents in the car. One was while my car was parked peacefully in the apartment - an overenthusiastic kid with a speeding bike crashed against the parked car and left a deep scratch in the bumper. The other was in my recent trip, where a dog committed suicide by cutting into my cruising car on the beautiful 4 lane Dharmapuri stretch at wee hours in the morning. This was a small sized dent and the bumper came loose (which i tightened back): i will post more details in my upcoming travelogue.

Anyway Magnum took care care of both during 3rd service, and the bill came to 1500 for tinkering and repainting charges. The job was done in an excellent way and the car looks like it was the day i brought it. I am very impressed and very happy with Magnum service so far!

The Total Bill including consumables was 2622. Here's a scanned copy.
Name:  city.JPG
Views: 1115
Size:  46.3 KB

The Ownership Experience
The car is silky smooth as ever and i am enjoying the experience. So much so that hardly drive my hatch these days. Palio is a great car - but this car is so effortless (lighter steering, much better acceleration and better seating/view) and its a sheer joy to drive in the city. And to top it its more efficient than the Palio (11.x for city against 10.x for Palio). But then of course its not fair to compare this with a car running its 8th year of service.

The car was a dream in the highway in the effortless way i could drive and overtake other vehicles. The ample power and the high revving nature is a great boon on highways. The handling is a notch down compared to the Palio, but still good for enthusiastic driving.

Request to Mods: please add a 3rd Service, 6K Kms to the thread title if possible - thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th October 2009 at 10:12. Reason: Use report post option for faster resolution, thanks
Old 12th October 2009, 09:29   #101
BHPian

Hi,

My car too is in the 7th month of ownership with about 7K kms on the odo and also got my 3rd service done last week.Is this your first oil change or you have been following the oil change schedule by period?

Reason i ask is, i had first oil change at 4K kms around 2months back and the service guy suggested to change it only after 5K kms of running is done.

On the ownership experience, i too can second your observations though the VTEC 'growl' takes a little getting used to just that with MRF shoes tyre noise on concrete roads is quite high.
bhaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 09:50   #102
BHPian

Congrats Skywalker, on getting the car back in mint condition. Happy driving, and car looks lovely. Nice to know that the parking sensors work efficiently. I am keen on Parking sensors, have not been able to make up my mind because of warranty issues.
PM - B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 10:36   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaani View Post
Hi,
Reason i ask is, i had first oil change at 4K kms around 2months back and the service guy suggested to change it only after 5K kms of running is done.
first change at 2nd service. Again did it now. I haven't moved to Synthetic yet because i am following THBP recommendation of going synthetic around 10K Kms only. I will do it in my 4th service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaani View Post
On the ownership experience, i too can second your observations though the VTEC 'growl' takes a little getting used to just that with MRF shoes tyre noise on concrete roads is quite high.
love that Vtec growl now, music to my ears
Tyre noise is irritating. Too bad we didn't get the Micheline ones, which were supposed to be quieter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
I am keen on Parking sensors, have not been able to make up my mind because of warranty issues.
it wont void the warranty. Just have it done by your dealer itself. It costs a slight premium, but worth it. I would highly recommend it.
Old 12th October 2009, 11:06   #104
Senior - BHPian

Default Two Additional Questions

Two additional questions:

GPS for the Car

I am thinking of a Garmin nüvi 205W 4.3-Inch Widescreen for the car. Ordered from Amazon, i have asked about this on this thread, but not much action happen there and didnt get much feedback. Anyone using it in Bangalore - can you please tell me how's your experience? (or maybe there's an active thread i am missing)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...yindia-16.html

Service Intervals and going Synthetic

Planning to move to Synthetic oil for the next service. Honda recommends service every three months - so will synthetic oil be topped up or replaced every time? 2100 on Synthetic oil every quarter is not very optimal.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 12th October 2009 at 11:07.
Old 12th October 2009, 11:52   #105
Team-BHP Support

I think Honda offers longer drain for Synthetic oil, check with dealer and confirm. Since your running is very low, i suggest you stick to mineral and frequent oil change. Synthetic will give you slightly better feel from engine.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote