Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st April 2009, 13:16   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
that a pretty good fe you got there,but 23kmpl with 100% AC is too much never heard any one getting so much from a swift diesel.others can confirm.

change them as fast as possible.
it is possible dude

keep the car around 70-80 kmph and long stretches of road with out any need to brake or down shift and you will get that much.

in my everyday city drive iam getting around14-14.5 max.
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 18:49   #62
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
but 23kmpl with 100% AC is too much never heard any one getting so much from a swift diesel.others can confirm.
The FE is quite good but easily achievable, have a look here
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
it is possible dude

keep the car around 70-80 kmph and long stretches of road with out any need to brake or down shift and you will get that much.

in my everyday city drive iam getting around14-14.5 max.
Hi shantyrocks, I have a Swift DDiS, that is just about 2 months old and done around 3200 kms. In a mix of city and highway (45:55), i got an FE of 21.5 kmpl. In city only driving (I drive daily in OMR, Chennai during peak hours), i got an FE of 16.5, which is amazing...

I always drive with AC on (Mostly at first level).

I believe it will only increase after further services... I am happy that i made the right decision to get a Swift DDiS.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 15:29   #64
BHPian

Default 1st service done..!

hi guyz..

the first service was finally done one week back with the odo reading 1050 kms.sorry for the late report guys..was lying low with flu(not the swine kind)

for the first time in my driving years ( 14yrs) i had a chance to visit a MASS centre and i immediately realised as to why it is considered the best in india today since so many years.
i had a morning 9.30 appointment at navnit motors to drop off my car.
i was dot on time as is my habit and to my horror i saw around 5 cars (most of them wagon r's and one alto) standing neatly lined up waiting to enter the gate. i was asked to get out of the car and wait in the lounge.

i entered the lounge and spoke to the attending clerk regarding my 1st free service.she checked my appointment in her list and politely asked me have seat in the lounge which was nice and air conditioned.

immediately i was offered tea.i was having tea and looking at a giant poster of M.S.Dhoni and his boys seated on top of a sx4. others who had come with their cars joined me in the lounge. after 15 mins a service manager ( they have 15-20 of em) came and announced a car number.it wasnt mine.another 10mins passed . i suddenly remembered that i had missed my morning smoke to get here on time. i went out and had a long smoke.
after around half an hour my car number was announced and i finally walked out towards the servicing area.
i was amazed to see around 50-60 vehicles parked neatly.my previous *** experiance was TATA and it used to be so a small dingy garage with vehicles parked haphazardly.

my service advisor mr naresh led me to where my car was parked. he had alredy had a small drive and he asked me whether there was any specific problem.there were none.he asked me to detach my h.u and take away any small items present in the car.i obliged..
he said that the car will be washed and vaccumed , wheel alignment would be checked and the engine oil will be changed and the car wil be ready by 5pm.so far i was satisfied with the service.

came back at 5pm and ther my car was parked all washed neatly and gleaming.the interiors looked to be vaccumed but i could stil see specs of dust in many areas.i told that to naresh and he immediately apologised and got the needfull done. also he got some white coloured liquid and got the cleaner to apply ot on the tyres which started shining.

i was handed out a bill which amounted to rs 760/- . 2.9 lit of oil was filled in .i paid showed the gate pass and drove away.
all in all a hassle free experience.

the car drves much smoothly now.
the turbo kick is much more pronounced i feel.

the turbo lag can be irritating at times.it reminds me of my indica DLS.
but once the turbo sets in there is a smile on my face guaranteed....!

last mileage calculated was 16kmpl with 70% city driving and 100% A/C switched on.iam happy
Attached Images

Old 7th May 2009, 16:56   #65
BHPian

Seems like happy motorist . Congrats on the buy may this happiness of yours continue.

Cheers/Shyam
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 17:36   #66
Team-BHP Support

Yup they do know how to pamper the customers dont they

Congratz on the car and enjoy the drive!
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 17:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

its good to hear you are enjoying it congrats once again.

the pic of the speedo meter you had posted is of your swift
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 18:15   #68
Team-BHP Support

The first service is actually a grey area. They change the oil but not the filter. But this is done as per the service manual, so no complaints with the service station.
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 18:19   #69
BHPian

thanx a million @ shyam,jaggu and karan.
yeah indeed iam enjoying her and iam gonna enjoy more when i drive down to shirdi and back tomorrow.looking forward to cross the 100 kmph barrier.

@karan yeah that is the pic of my swifts speedometer.as i was driving i happened to look at the odo and it showed 1000.i immediately parked the car and took a pic just to remind me of my happy first 1000kms.
hope it remains the same,touch wood

@eddy yeah the filter wasnt changed.i asked him if its needed and he replied in the negetive.

Last edited by shantyrocks : 7th May 2009 at 18:20.
Old 7th May 2009, 18:53   #70
BHPian

Can you please your bill and post what engine oil they used. Was it Mobil or Servo.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 18:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

i asked you this because the speedo look slightly different from the petrol swift, compare it with this pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunlight copper Swift DDiS : Delivered!!-swift-dash.jpg  

Old 7th May 2009, 23:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
i asked you this because the speedo look slightly different from the petrol swift, compare it with this pic.
karan if you are referring to the red signs they come only on switching on the ignition.on starting the car these red signs dissapear.
my car though parked the engine was running.
Old 8th May 2009, 00:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

hey i am refering to the chrome trim, which this has and were not there in the old models before jan 2009. but your is a new model infact you took the delivery of the car in april right, other ldi/vdi owner can confirm.
Old 8th May 2009, 00:18   #74
BHPian

my vdi is aug'08 and it has this chrome ring in the cluster.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 00:36   #75
BHPian

Quote:
hey i am refering to the chrome trim, which this has and were not there in the old models before jan 2009. but your is a new model infact you took the delivery of the car in april right, other ldi/vdi owner can confirm.
yeah i baught mine in april 2009.may be Ldi's dont come with chrome rings.