Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd April 2009, 11:30   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
For bluetooth maybe this helps-
?koda Auto - Software for GSM with Bluetooth

Please try this BP and reconfirm.
FYI;
[COLOR=#0066cc]« back[/COLOR] | [COLOR=#0066cc]forwards »[/COLOR]
Bluetooth®

The Bluetooth® technology serves as cableless connection of a mobile phone to a hands-free system of your vehicle.
In order to connect a mobile phone with Bluetooth® to the hands-free system, it is necessary to adapt the phone and the hands-free system to each other. Detailed information on this is provided in the operating instructions of your mobile phone. The following steps must be carried out for the connection:

Switch on the ignition.

Select Bluetooth® on the mobile phone and select the menu with which the mobile phone searches for suitable Bluetooth® devices.

If the hands-free system on the display of the mobile phone announces Skoda UHV, enter the PIN°1234 within 30 seconds and wait, until the connection is established.1)

1) Some mobile phones have a menu, in which the authorization for establishing a Bluetooth® connection is performed via the input of a code. If the input for the authorization is necessary, it must always be performed when re-establishing the Bluetooth connection.

While connecting the mobile phone with the hands-free system by means of Bluetooth®, no other phone can be connected with the hands-free system via Bluetooth®.
Up to three mobile phones can be connected to the hands-free system by means of Bluetooth®, whereby only one mobile phone can communicate via Bluetooth® with the hands-free system. If a fourth mobile phone is connected to the handsfree-system, then the telephone, which has not been used together with the handsfree-system for the longest period, is disconnected by means of Bluetooth®.
Establish Bluetooth® connection

After switching on the ignition, the Bluetooth connection is automatically established for the already adapted mobile phone1). Check on the mobile unit if the automatic connection was established.
Disconnect Bluetooth® connection

After withdrawing the ignition key, the Bluetooth® connection is disconnected.

Bluetooth®

The equipment enables the wireless connection to the control unit of a telephone with Bluetooth® function which supports the rSAP profile.
Process of connection

Switch on the ignition.

If you have not switched on Bluetooth® on your telephone, switch it on.

For certain mobile phones it is necessary to switch on first the rSAP function.

Press the button on the multifunction steering wheel and select device search. The system searches mobile devices and shows these in the information display*.

Select your telephone in the information display by turning the handwheel and select it by pressing the handwheel.

Within 30 seconds enter in your telephone the 16 digit PIN of your control unit, which is indicated in your information display* and confirm it according to the instructions on the display of your telephone.

If your SIM card is blocked by a PIN code, enter the PIN of the SIM card of your telephone. The telephone connects to the control unit (during the first connection you can only select in the information display* and when the vehicle is stationary, if the PIN should be stored).

For the first storage of a new user follow the instructions in the information display.

To download the telephone book and the indentification data of the SIM card into the new control unit, confirm again the command rSAP in your mobile phone. The system reads the telephone book.

If you do not want to confirm the command rSAP during each connection of the telephone to the control unit, then you must carry out in the menu of the mobile phone an authorization using the control unit.
The telephone deregisters from the GSM network and only the control unit ensures the communication with the network. In the telephone only the interface for Bluetooth® remains active. In this case, you can only select to separate from the device, switch off the Bluetooth® connection or the number of the emergency call 112.
If the PIN was stored, an automatic selection and connection of the telephone take place the next time the ignition is switched. Check on your mobile phone if the automatic connection was established.
Connection terminated

The connection of the handsfree-system is terminated by means of Bluetooth®:
• When removing the key from the ignition lock (during a telephone call, the connection is disconnected).
• By switching off the Bluetooth® in the mobile phone.
• By selecting “separate telephone” in the menu of the mobile phone.
On vehicles which are fitted out with radio or navigation at the factory, it is possible to terminate the telephone call after removing the key from the ignition lock by pressing the icon on the touch-screen of the radio 1) or the navigation, see operating instructions for radio or for navigation.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 3rd April 2009 at 11:44.
kedarwalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:39   #62
BHPian

Great pictures. stunning interiors i must say. Does the whole AC information like fan speed , temperature and mode appear on the touch display? Also i noticed buttons on the sides of the gear shifter. Are they empty switches or they have functions? great car . congratulations again.
bigron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:48   #63
BHPian

wow. so much chrome and so much leg room. this is like a limo! lolz

superb simply superb.!!
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:33   #64
Team-BHP Support

Guys the car is bluetooth ready and not bluetooth enabled. From what I know you have to a buy a separate bluetooth module or software kit to enable it. The unit is bluetooth compatible but it has not been installed.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:46   #65

Default Bluetooth etc.

I'm enough of a geek to know that something's missing. I think vid6639 is right- the bluetooth module doesnt exist.

@kedarwalke: I have those instructions, and I even found the attached PDF on the net, the thing is that there is no such functionality. Will call the dealer this week and figure out whether Bluetooth is built-in or not.

Incidentally, the car comes WITHOUT rear mudguards, boot mat, original rubber floor mats. The dealer put in some black plastic mats which are crappy. the skodasuperb.co.in site now lists a bunch of accessories...

Question to the gurus. Where can I get an official list of whats included with the car? When I bought the car, the dealers didnt even have brochures ready.

SILVER color: This car looks fantastic in BLACK, but I have too many black cars and the RED is not to my liking. The Skoda white is too stark for my tase and I have not seen the BEIGE in person.

@Anekho: My driver would probably crash the car trying to adjust the AC. With all the gadgets, this is not a chauffeur friendly car.

@harry10: LEGROOM is way better than accord and several inches more than Merc E280, 2008 camry. Its about 2 inches less than Merc S-class. But the seat width feels about 1-2 inches LESS than 2008 Accord. The cabin is marginally narrower.

Dash design is OK. The angled plastic window covering the meters is not perfect, reflects slightly and should have been better quality.

Dealer was: Skoda Auto Bahn in Prabhadevi. Sales team was very good, no complaints. Delivery was handled just fine, despite taking delivery on Gudi Padwa (had to wait a bit, as the car wash was backlogged)

I will surely get the service done from JMD. Is their Navi Mumbai shop good?

BP
Attached Files
File Type: pdf forum us - guide bluetooth sup 2 eng.pdf (1.19 MB, 2043 views)
BoringProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:53   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Guys the car is bluetooth ready and not bluetooth enabled. From what I know you have to a buy a separate bluetooth module or software kit to enable it. The unit is bluetooth compatible but it has not been installed.

If we buy a seperate bluetoooth moule like the nokia car kit,it can work with any car which dsnt have an inbuilt bt
kedarwalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:14   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
So there's the catch I assume that little kit retails at about 8 lacs off-the-shelf at any Skoda dealership.

Hey Vid, are you still considering the Superb?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 3rd April 2009 at 16:20.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:14   #68
Team-BHP Support

Yup, Nokia or Motorola or Parrot bluetooth car kit will work. Ofcourse it will clutter up the dash as you will need the display, power, mic and speaker placed somewhere on your dash.
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:21   #69

Default Skoda Superb Bluetooth and the touchscreen system

So it appears that theres no Bluetooth module. I found one on the net-

https://www.carmediauk.com/store/87-...-Retrofit.html

Also, outside india, the touchscreen Audio System has 2 models-
Bolero (which is what I have)
Columbus (which has bluetooth, SatNav, DVD playback, and a HDD for the Maps with about 20GB space for MP3 files!)

Looks like I can buy a Columbus Unit online but official price is huge - GBP 1,300+, will check out if I can get India maps for it, and a cheaper price.

BP
BoringProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringProf View Post
@Anekho: My driver would probably crash the car trying to adjust the AC. With all the gadgets, this is not a chauffeur friendly car.

enjoy your drive then prof!
great car for geek like me then

cheers
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:17   #71
Team-BHP Support

Boring prof don't mess around with the electronics on the superb. Not only will skoda void warranty they will harass you no end if something goes wrong. For all you know if you have any issues with engine or suspension they will say the extra bluetooth module caused it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Hey Vid, are you still considering the Superb?
OT: I love the car but I fear the after sales and maintenance. looks like I'm getting a Toyota. hopefully.
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:37   #72
BHPian

Amazingly superb !!!

I guess it has edge over camry and accord. It give macho feel too.

Congrats on new buy and Drive safe!!
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:56   #73
BHPian

Wow... thats a great looking car and some nice pics.. congrats Prof for owning this beauty.

Saw a silver one today at CentreStage Mall Noida, parked right next to an Accord.. and boy, the Accord is no match. Because of the long roofline the Superb almost looks like a limo.

Congrats again and drive safe
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 01:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, the car is a beaut, as they say.

Door panels (internally) and dashboard design have touches of the Laura L&K in them. The speedo-tacho console looks out of place, though. And until you mentioned, I was looking for the Skoda brolly on the rear door pockets.

The car is huge! The internal space is apparent in the side profile, with those acres of doors.

With your sense of humour, I would definitely not call you "boring" Prof.

Last edited by architect : 4th April 2009 at 01:36.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 02:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

hey prof,

great buy. the car looks nice. elegant and dynamic. good choice.

the space inside is humongous and the interiors look chick too.

let us know how the 1.8 petrol unit pulls this mammoth and yes not to forget the DSG.

cheers,
AC
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote