Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:36   #166
Senior - BHPian

Well wouldn't 139mm be way too low for the moonscape we drive on? I assume you'd have to treat it like a sports car or has anyone TDed the V6 on bad roads?
Old 4th August 2009, 10:21   #167
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The V6 actually doesn't have positive reviews internationally. And if they are anything to go by, it is NOT an enthusiast machine.

If you must buy a Superb, the 1.8 petrol makes the most sense today. Diesel is not a common rail, has truckloads of lag and has already been phased out of the Passat. Only a matter of time before the common rail enters the Superb's engine bay too.
Old 4th August 2009, 16:39   #168
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I just picked up a Brunello (Maroon) 1.8 Petrol Superb.

So far it has me grinning from ear to ear while driving it.

The gizmos and level of features is better than anything I have seen in India.

Lovely drivetrain and handling. super smooth gear changes and the manual override allows you to play with the gears pretty much like a manual car.

Lighting is excellent.

I am not too impressed by the all round visibility though. Especially on tight turns when you tend to look out through the corner of the front windows to anticipate the turns. In this car when you do that you are looking straight at the rear view mirrors and not much else. The rear screen is also very small thanks to the two door hatchback mechanism.

I was initially upset that the Media-in/Ipod interface was not built in. But soon realized you dont really need it since the music system takes a SD card. No need to buy an Ipod just to leave it in the car. Load up a SD card with your music and use the touchscreen to navigate all your tracks.

The SD card (8GB is what i bought) is a bit slow to read the tracks when you switch on the system but once it starts up it is acceptable.

Pay the extra cash for the fastest SD card you can get. At present only a Class 6/15Mb/s is available but later this month a Class 10/30Mb/s SD card is being released internationally that doubles the speed.

Pity that skoda india have left out the bluetooth module. Especially since it even has a dedicated key on the steering. Havent found out what it would cost to install it but I hear it is likely to be about Rs 30k.

The memory on the seat/mirror positions is a nice touch. I always hate it when some valet parking attendant totally messes up the seating position. With this car it resets to the memorized position as soon as you click open the car with the remote.

My previous car was an Accord 2.3 manual. That had a much softer suspension which I could drive over some of the ripple speedbreakers in our neighborhood without paying too much attention to them. The Superb on the other hand i have to slow down and give them a bit more respect.

Still havent completed a tankload of gas so dont know what the mileage is like though the gauge claims a 7.5 km/l so far at the half tank level.

Anyone on this forum installed any mod chip for the Petrol 1.8 Superb 2009?

Regards

Sanjay
Old 4th August 2009, 17:39   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay
I just picked up a Brunello (Maroon) 1.8 Petrol Superb.

So far it has me grinning from ear to ear while driving it.
Congratulations, Sanjay ....

Do post some pictures when you can and put up a detailed initial review.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:03   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Sanjay- could you please let me know what extra equipment comes standard as I am getting delivery of my car tomo but might not be able to go down to the showroom myself.
I believe fabric mats and the Skoda umbrella which fits in the rear door comes included? Were any other fittings such as mud flaps etc given too?

Regarding the SD card, the car actually supports only 2gb hence the culprit is your cards size.

Last edited by Sahil : 4th August 2009 at 20:05.
Old 5th August 2009, 10:59   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats Sanjay- could you please let me know what extra equipment comes standard as I am getting delivery of my car tomo but might not be able to go down to the showroom myself.
I believe fabric mats and the Skoda umbrella which fits in the rear door comes included? Were any other fittings such as mud flaps etc given too?

Regarding the SD card, the car actually supports only 2gb hence the culprit is your cards size.
Nope the car supports upto 32GB SDHC cards. My 8GB is working fine though as I said it is slow to startup.

All superbs have the same trim level at present. So unless your dealer is adding something extra you should get the following:-

- Bolero music system with AUX input (WITHOUT Media-IN/IPOD interface or Bluetooth module)
- Leather seats with driver side 3 position memory
- Umbrella in rear left door panel
- Fabric mats front and rear
- Rear window sun shades
- No mud flaps

/sanjay
Old 6th August 2009, 10:27   #172
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sanjay and Sahil, how about a review on a new thread?
Old 6th August 2009, 12:43   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats punk! Which dealership did you get it from and how long was the wait?

I got my car's engine and chassis number today, dealer claims the car would reach him this evening. Hoping for delivery by Wednesday, fingers crossed!
Hey Sahil, Congratulations for your booking and i am a bit late so hope your car has been delivered. I had to wait for three weeks for my car to be delivered because the colour i booked was in production. What colour have you chosen?
What cars do you own?
Old 6th August 2009, 15:15   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

@mclaren & punk: Yes I got the car yesterday, will post a review in a new thread soon. In short, I'm lovin it !
Punk- I got the white, you probably picked the maroon that has the longest wait. Other cars I own: 525d,520d,c180,endeavor,altis,accord,nhc.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:08   #175
Senior - BHPian

Hey owners of the Superb,

Wanted to know what fuel you use for your TSI engines ?? ANy problem using normal pertrol ? As i have heard that if you use normal petrol the performance is severely compromised.

cheers
ac
Old 24th October 2009, 12:56   #176
BHPian

hey guys, sorry if its asked previously but will the SD slot read a 16 GB SDHC Class 6 MMC??
Old 24th October 2009, 22:04   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoheb View Post
hey guys, sorry if its asked previously but will the SD slot read a 16 GB SDHC Class 6 MMC??
yes. But i suggest you stick with a 8GB at max.

I have a 8GB class 6 and 16GB and the 16GB is very slow to startup.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:30   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
yes. But i suggest you stick with a 8GB at max.

I have a 8GB class 6 and 16GB and the 16GB is very slow to startup.
I have beenusing 16gb since past six moths without a hitch!!
Old 25th January 2010, 19:29   #179
BHPian

Friends,

I've decided to go in for the Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI Silver colour. I liked the Rosso Brunello (maroonish) but felt that the silver would be the car for "all seasons."

Any suggestions as I'm ordering the car a week from now from Arshia Motors, New Delhi.

Or should I wait a few months for the likes of the Skoda Yeti, etc?

Last edited by ivar1951 : 25th January 2010 at 19:31.
Old 25th January 2010, 19:42   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or should I wait a few months for the likes of the Skoda Yeti, etc?
Why would you want to do that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks