Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st June 2009, 09:22   #136
Senior - BHPian

We are waiting to hear. By the by did you put the mudflap?
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 23:58   #137
BANNED

Default Long Drive - Pics

Here are some Linea pics from Long Drive, will post details tom.
1st pic is before the trip just after I gave her Euro Gold Spray Shiner (3 weeks after DIY waxing)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090503041r.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090503052r.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090503053r.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090503054r.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090503055r.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090503058r.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090503056r.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090503059r.jpg  

VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:56   #138
BHPian

Nice Outdoor Pics Dude. Waiting for detailed Travelogue/ Review of Trip.

btw , I have ordered my Stanley Seat Covers. Hold on for a week for the unveiling.

Last edited by FastLove : 2nd June 2009 at 13:06.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:11   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Nice Outdoor Pics Dude. Waiting for detailed Travelogue/ Review of Trip.

btw , I have ordered my Stanley Seat Covers. Hold on for a week for the unveiling.
Hey where did you get it done? do stanley have branches in your city?. how much did it cost you?.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:41   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Hey where did you get it done? do stanley have branches in your city?. how much did it cost you?.
yes there is stanley showroom in mumbai and i went there with my friend netarchie (tbhp member) who has done his ANHC recently at the same place and i loved it. you can check his pics on the forum.

Geeash i wil give details shortly.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:15   #141
BHPian

Cool photographs of the beauty along with nature. Some greenery would have made the pics even better.

So you have now perfected the art of waxing & polishing eh?
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:58   #142
BANNED

Default Tour to Shirdi

Got engaged in some work & could not post details of the tour. Here it comes
  • Went to Shirdi, route taken is Mumbai-Nashik Road-Dhoti-Sinnar-Shirdi-Shani Signapur-Shirdi & back
  • 3 Adults + 3 Children
  • Approax kms travelled - 700 kms
Planned to leave on Sat at 6.30 am, got late & could leave only at 8.15 am. The Road was good for 1st 140 kms. But still could not rip the Linea to 170 kmph as the entire atretch of Mumbai-Nasik Road is being reconstructed. So, there is only 1 side of the highway open for to & fro while the other side is being constructed. Its kinds zigzag - few kms left side is open, then few kms right side is open, so on & so forth

Got into the heavy traffic jam at "infamous" Kasara Ghat. The highest no. of accident I've ever seen till date while driving were on this highway on Saturday. There were no. of big trailors/ lorries upside down, sideways down, slipped down the road on the sideways etc. Got delayed by atleast 1.30 hours. Had lunch at around 12 noon at Manas Resort.

Just before Nasik (36 kms before), from the village Dhoti, left the highway & got into 2-track Road. Shirdi was still 105 kms away & 60% of this Road was not good. In fact, at some patches there are huge potholes, I hit 3-4 such potholes real hard & was really worried, fortunately nothing visible happened. On return journey Linea scraped thro' a big bump. This was the 1st time she has scraped & could have been avoided had I been careful with slightly sideway crossing it. My overconfidence (as she never scraped earlier) did her in.

Reached Shirdi at around 3.30 pm & left for Shani Singnapur (One & Only temple of Shani) at 6.15 kms. Its 80 Kms from Shirdi but the Road is again single-track with lots of traffic as it passes thro' a couple of towns' main bazaars. This stretch was very hectic & reached there at around 8.15 pm, left at 9.30 pm, had dinner & reached Shirdi at around 12 midnight.

Had Darshan at Saibaba temple next morning & left at around 1.30 pm, reached Mumbai at 8 pm.

Now how "she" performed during the Ride___
  • The most impressive part of Linea is Stability. She always feel planted & gives a very secure feeling while driving whatever high the speed is.
  • The max speed I could take her was only 145 kmph because of Road & traffic. Really wanted to touch 170 kmph & I think I've to "maru" a trip to Lonavala on Expressway
  • The FE I got is 12.5 kmpl with full 100% AC ON, steep Ghats & idling time of almost 30 minutes with AC ON when we stopped for tea or sugarcane juice on roadside (had to keep it 3-4 times for 8-10 minutes each as it was very hot & there were children inside).
  • Handling is brilliant, she just sails thro'.
  • AC : Some strange things I experienced with AC. While going up on very steep ghat, I felt cooling considerably reduced to almost none & then it increased after the car came to normal road & speed. This happened 3-4 times & also happened when I had to stop at a Railway crossing. Has any of you faced such issue? Automatic Climate Control is excellent but I still feel AC is not that Powerful in Linea. I mean my earlier car used to get coll faster than Linea. My wife always complain that the cooling in rear is considerably less though it has Rear AC vents. I would term this as an Area for improvement for Linea.
  • Power: Having driven now close to 3000 km - in city, on highways, on steep ghats, I can now say that the car takes a fraction of second more to pick up in all gears. Once she gets momentum, accelerator responsiveness suddenly increases so much so that you feel visible change, the car suddenly surges. At high speeds, may be > 70 kms, she can beat any so called "powerful" cars hands down as Linea is just superb on curves/ bends because of her brilliant stability. While overtaking, some times I felt less power & had to shift to 4th gear but that I still felt was normal & not something abnormal. For analogy, if Fiat launches 1.6 L with a Price which is more than 40K higher than the current 1.4L Linea, I'll still stick to 1.4L not because I already own it but because she is more than adequately powered.
More later..
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:15   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

AC : Some strange things I experienced with AC. While going up on very steep ghat, I felt cooling considerably reduced to almost none & then it increased after the car came to normal road & speed. This happened 3-4 times & also happened when I had to stop at a Railway crossing. Has any of you faced such issue? Automatic Climate Control is excellent but I still feel AC is not that Powerful in Linea. I mean my earlier car used to get coll faster than Linea. My wife always complain that the cooling in rear is considerably less though it has Rear AC vents. I would term this as an Area for improvement for Linea.
I too find that the AC is not very powerful. The dealer had given me an Indica as a loaner and even at the lowest blower setting it was too cold and I had to switch it off from time to time!

I haven't felt the AC cutting off when climbing ghats but will pay more attention next time!
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 20:36   #144
BHPian

vahan,
Did you set the AC control to the face/center direction? (The one that everybody keeps in cars with manual AC)
By default ACC tries to blow in all directions .... up, down and center.
Old 4th June 2009, 00:29   #145
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
vahan,
Did you set the AC control to the face/center direction? (The one that everybody keeps in cars with manual AC)
By default ACC tries to blow in all directions .... up, down and center.
yes, 1st thing when i switch on the AC I do is to turn on the air flow central/ face button & recirculation button.

another issue i face of late since last 15 days is Media Player / pen drive. sometimes when i try to turn it on by voice control, it goes to media player menu but when i try to view/ select any folder, it says No Media found. Then when i try to do it thro' steering control, the same thing happens. It only gets solved when i took out the pen drive, insert into my PC/laptop, make some changes (addition/ deletion) & reinsert it in car. Then it works alright only to get back to erroneous ways 2-3 days later.

there are lots of scratches visible now on my car. I could not resist & again did the wax polish today. and oh boy was dumbfounded by the results. absolute wonderful, mirror finish, this time i gave it a slightly thicker coat.

I think i'll have to either remove my car washing guy (most of the minor scratches seem to be by improper cleaning) OR I've to ask him to WASH the car everyday.

tried very hard to get turtle wax but could not get it. finally ended up buying 2 Chamois Leather cloths (for car wash).

Anyone from Mumbai - where can i get turtle platinum wax if you know?
Old 4th June 2009, 14:10   #146
BHPian

Yeah my car has a few annoying scratches now (caused by my own self)
Are the chamois cloths good at drying? How much are they?
Are they similar to these?
Amazon Link

Have you purchased a microfibre towel (I donno what it is for though)?
Also i want to know which cloths are u using for wax application and removal.

have to put all these in car care thread too.

Quote:
there are lots of scratches visible now on my car. I could not resist & again did the wax polish today. and oh boy was dumbfounded by the results. absolute wonderful, mirror finish, this time i gave it a slightly thicker coat.

tried very hard to get turtle wax but could not get it. finally ended up buying 2 Chamois Leather cloths (for car wash).

Anyone from Mumbai - where can i get turtle platinum wax if you know?
Old 4th June 2009, 14:41   #147
Senior - BHPian

@ Vahanpujari,

Great pics. F. red is the hottest looking colour of Linea. Wanted that but dad didnt allow me and usual excuse was that i wont clean the car daily and dust would show up prominently on this colour.

I have also got a lot of swirl marks on my car. Though on silver it doesnt show till we look clearly. Any product which i can find easily to remove such marks.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 18:45   #148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Yeah my car has a few annoying scratches now (caused by my own self)
Are the chamois cloths good at drying? How much are they?
Are they similar to these?
Amazon Link

Have you purchased a microfibre towel (I donno what it is for though)?
Also i want to know which cloths are u using for wax application and removal.

have to put all these in car care thread too.
Yes, it looks like the one in website though Maguira's is much more costlier with the best quality. What I got is Synthetic-Chamois from Big Bazaar @ Rs. 99/- which I think should be considered ordinary. But the cloth is super smooth & absorbs water superbly. have not yet used it. will update once use it.
There was also microfibre towel. But I didn;t like it, it was much much harder

for waxing I use the sponge supplied with Formula1 Carnauba wax & for removal of wax I use normal cotton cloth (that brown colour)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
@ Vahanpujari,

Great pics. F. red is the hottest looking colour of Linea. Wanted that but dad didnt allow me and usual excuse was that i wont clean the car daily and dust would show up prominently on this colour.

I have also got a lot of swirl marks on my car. Though on silver it doesnt show till we look clearly. Any product which i can find easily to remove such marks.
Try wax polish, it really gives good results
Old 5th June 2009, 15:11   #149
BANNED

Default Chrome beading falls!!

2 days back, while waxing the car I happened to just accidentally touch the chrome beading on rear left quarter glass & it fell off!!

For such smaller things I generally do not trust service station as they tend to forget them being smaller items or do not generally do properly. Hence got a small tube of Fevibobd @ Rs. 8 (Rubber adhesive) & fixed it myself

Having said that, I read other member (perhaps Rajagopala) also experienced this. While this is not a big issue to deter anyone not to purchase Linea, Fiat must pay attention to such petty things as it is disturbing that such things are happening in a Rs. 8 Lac car.
In fact, this & the condition in which I got delivery of my car (interior was very dirty with black spots everywhere even inaccessible place like windshield pillar farther side plastic near windshield & I've seen this in other freshly delivered car also) leads me to a question - was Fiat in a hurry to launch / deliver the car compromising final inspection before delivery? Is QC inspection happening at factory?
Old 5th June 2009, 15:24   #150
BHPian

Quote:
2 days back, while waxing the car I happened to just accidentally touch the chrome beading on rear left quarter glass & it fell off!!

For such smaller things I generally do not trust service station as they tend to forget them being smaller items or do not generally do properly. Hence got a small tube of Fevibobd @ Rs. 8 (Rubber adhesive) & fixed it myself
As per my dealer, Fiat knows that this is a problem and they will replace the chrome beading on the quarter glass free of cost if it falls of. I guess Fiat has received a lot of complaints regarding this issue!
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote