Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th June 2009, 11:18   #196
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
A little clarity on the 91 octane concern. Am copy pasting a post by sgiitk. The gist of which is

Euro-III Cities: Petrol is 91 RON minimum
Euro-II Cities: Petrol is 88 RON minimum
Euro-IV (coming next year): 91RON min. Changes are in Benzene content etc.
IndianOil Xtra Premium: 93 RON

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1337727 (How does high octane fuel improve performance?)
Euro III cities include Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Surat, Kanpur and Agra
pranava

that seems to be from an old info from website. I checked a number of websites which mentioned "octane", almost all of them are dated. There is also Govt of India circular mentioning above info, but that too is dated.

None of the current websites, brochures, specifications of any oil compies talks a single word about Octane rating. When I spoke to their officials, none committed a guaranteed 91-octane in Mumbai. Call any quality deppt or customer support tel no. of any oil companies & you'll know
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 11:40   #197
BHPian

Hmm I guess so VP. I have anyways been using regular fuel.So not really bothered if its actually 91. There are quite a few after market injector cleaning additives, fuel additives, etc that I plan on using in anycase to keep the engine in shape.

Any idea what spec engine oil is used for the Linea? I plan on changing the engine oil after the first service with a better after market compatible brands such as Mobil or OWS.

Last edited by pranava999 : 9th June 2009 at 11:42.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 13:17   #198
BANNED

Yday my Pen Drive dropped between front 2 seats below the Handbrake. While picking it up, I saw a Traingular Plastic cover/ cowl-type thingy (pic attached) lying on the floor between 2 front seats. Could not not figure out where it came off from. Will have check the rear seat assembly which I think pranava mentioned in his today post
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607002.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607003.jpg  

Old 9th June 2009, 13:37   #199
Senior - BHPian

hahaha just check my thread.
I also had the same experience when i was cleaning my car.
try to find out the place where is it from and glue it again there.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 13:39   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Yday my Pen Drive dropped between front 2 seats below the Handbrake. While picking it up, I saw a Traingular Plastic cover/ cowl-type thingy (pic attached) lying on the floor between 2 front seats. Could not not figure out where it came off from. Will have check the rear seat assembly which I think pranava mentioned in his today post
Hmm. I too got a black plastic bit from under the seat. It was triangular but bigger than the picture above. The service station figured it was part of the battery cover. I can only imagine that the assembly line guy could not figure out where this went and put it in the car instead !!

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 13:45   #201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
hahaha just check my thread.
I also had the same experience when i was cleaning my car.
try to find out the place where is it from and glue it again there.
Aha
So, It was you & not Pranava whose post I read today about similar cowl type thingy.

But why such small plastic parts are cultivating a habit of roaming around wherever they like?
Old 9th June 2009, 14:05   #202
BHPian

will check and see if there's something similar under my seats. It's so funny the initial batch (including me) seem to find one screw on the floor and now this. I just can't stop seeing the funny side of this.

Last edited by pranava999 : 9th June 2009 at 14:06.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 14:25   #203
Senior - BHPian

I was just missing for a few hours and you people found out screws and cowls and plastic parts under the seat

I checked this sunday while cleaning car but didnt find anything, maybe something under the seat fell though its very unlikely. Am just doing inside cleaning by using dash polish with a sponge and not much force.

This screw and all these things is really funny man . Its like we are finding treasure in a 4560mm area.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 14:43   #204
BANNED

I'm now getting increasingly uncomfortable with this Plastic falling apart saga. I just went to check the cowl-type thingy whether its fallen from rear seat belt assembly as mentioned by Karthik.

Karthik - can you post pic where you got the plastic fallen from as I checked rear seat belt assembly - its now cowl type - may be I checked something else than what you saw.

While I could find both Rear seat belt plastics on the rear tray/boot intact & could not find location of cowl, what I found was even more horrible. On left side below the front driver seat near the seat height lever, a whole plastic cover thro' which seat belt comes out is missing. That plastic cover is intact on passenger side front seat (1st pic below) but missing under the driver side (2nd pic below).

I'm now irritated & writing to Fiat how such stupid things are happening in a Rs. 8 Lac car.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607005r.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607004.jpg  

Old 9th June 2009, 15:12   #205
Senior - BHPian

VP,

Oh man that hurts I will check my car in evening too for these spots and come up but really bad that initial batch owners of Linea have to go through all this. There could be other scenarios too where these things might have been broken by others:

1. I remember you sent your car to tata A.S.S to get new bumper or repaint. Maybe the mechanics there might have broken it.

2. Dealer before giving delivery. Highly unlikely but have read where interior part of Linea was broken when car was given for deliery.

3. You yourself might have broken it while cleaning just kiddin.
Send a firing mail to fiat reagrding this as this spare part will have to come from Ranjangaon and am sure dealer wouldnt have stocked it. Tell them to fix this in your car from TD cars etc when dealer gives idiot answers.

Do consider other things too, maybe when you gave your car for repair works or some other work they might have accidentaly broken and kept quiet.
That part cannot come out and fall on the road by any chance. Someone broke it and then kept quite, am sure/
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 15:27   #206
Senior - BHPian

i just checked in my car.Every thing is seems to be ok.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 15:45   #207
BHPian

I had found a screw laying around in my car too. I've kept it at home for safe keeping!

On my seatbelt the made in turkey tag was visible and cut through the plastic. The dealer was shocked when he saw it, lol!
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 15:54   #208
BHPian

Same case in my Linea too.
same pinch!

Looks like all this substandard plastics & glue has come from Turkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
On my seatbelt the made in turkey tag was visible and cut through the plastic. The dealer was shocked when he saw it, lol!
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 16:03   #209
BANNED

Guys

Send me email IDs of Fiat & Tata Officials. I'm becoming restless now since this is stupid. How can those plastic parts decide on their own to take a stroll in the car?

Have already shooted a mail to Fiat, want more IDs for another mail
Old 9th June 2009, 16:19   #210
BHPian

VP - Try contacting the following people:

kapil.kulkarni@ tatamotors . com

abhijeet.p@ tatamotors . com

(remove all the spaces from the e-mail id).

Also why don't you visit your dealer and see if he can help? Maybe he can send some one over to your place to inspect the car.
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote