Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 11:19   #256
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@VahanPujari,

That is one beautiful review. The Linea is one car I admire, and your updates are really helpful. I just finished rwading all 17 pages of it, and I loved it.
Since we have a Palio, I was looking forward to upgrading to a GP when the time comes, and since both the cars share so much in common, I am just reading up on it.
One thing that scares me though, as my daily drive is a fiesta and the palio is only used on the weekends when there is considerably less traffic, one thing I have noticed is that the fiesta is very easy to maneuver in comparison to the Palio, which needs space, and I am extra careful when driving the Palio. How is the case with the Linea? When I sat in it at the showroom, I found it to be really bulky.
Thing is, while I would love the GP/Linea, my daily drive requires an easy to drive car, and would the Linea fit in that? We had an Ikon 1.6, and it was amazing, and the fiesta is a step above given its a diesel with minimal turbo lag, and I feel it has better visibility.
Thanks lamborghini.
Leave aside Fiesta or Ikon 1.6, I owned a lower version Ford Ikon 1.3 nxt (Rocam engine) & found it one brilliant car in maneuverability. It was a dream driving her, toying with her, throwing at corners & she comes out a winner everywhere, so simple to drive as if one feels driving a smaller car. I can only imagine how brialliant its Big Brothers Fiesta & 1.6 would be.
I loved it so much so that, it delayed upgrade of my car for nearly 2 years & I was hooked with her for almost 6 years.
Compared to Ikon 1.3, initially I found maneuverability not that great in Linea but knew that Lineas Clutch-Accelerator-Brake combo is different & I've to get used to it for sometime before giving verdict. After almost 1-1.5 months, I got adjusted to it in Linea & then when I compared it, found Linea's maneuverability also very very good particularly when you consider its a much longer & biger car than Ikon 1.3. If you ask me I would rate Linea's maneuverability 10% lesser than Ikon 1.3. But then again its only 2 months since I own Linea & considering I drove Ikon for 6 years & remember that it took me longer to get used to Ikon to drive her like a toy, I would not be surprised that Linea exceeds in this deppt after I drive her more for some time

Quote:
- You pointed out the car was unstable at high speeds. There are a lot of factors which affect the high speed stability of the car. I have driven a decent amount at 140kmph in our car out here and some of the points I have noticed is that the road conditions, wind, windows being open/close, etc. can really affect the stability of the car.
Agreed. Was surprised by my experience as ALL Linea-owners have shared their experience of car being stable & planted @ 170 kmph, so just wanted to know. But in any case, am not bothered as in 6 years of driving Ikon, I took her to 160 kmph only once. Do not really favour driving at such speeds with family seating inside

Quote:
- Waxing isn't recommended that often. Since you want the car to look good and shiny (our Galant is a similar shade of red), what I would suggest is that you can use Turtle Was Express Shine, which gives a nice wet look and is a lot faster and easier than waxing.
I've been looking for Turtle wax products (platinum series & others) here in Mumbai but am not able to find it. If you know, pls let me know where can I find it.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 11:42   #257
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
@VahanPujari

Had to quote the entire stuff because your inputs are extremely useful and insightful. And though you are passionate about your car, I find your inputs very balanced and impartial. Great approach man, I really love the way you update every small thing.
Thanks Manish
Quote:
I was quite furious to read about CarPG aka Peeyush's issues. My cousin owns Palio SDX and has suffered similar anoying ssues from the dealership.
If you need any help, PM me for his contact details. He was very very helpful. Have also asked CarPG the same.
Quote:
Actually it would have been much better if Fiat had launched few exlusive Fiat service centers and dealers at the time of Linea launch, just like Bajaj has probiking centers.

But I hope Fiat will do better, at least their attitude is showing a welcome change.
Actually, looking back its good that Fiat has tied up with Tata. Fiat's biggest issue was Dealer Network & one of the reason for failure to develop Dealer Network is failure to ensure a good Rate of return to Dealers on their investments - as the no. of Fiat cars sold monthly was very very low, it becomes very difficult for a dealer to break-even. Now, its a vicious circle & also a good strong Dealer Network can never be built overnight. It takes years. When it comes to Tata service station, I never found their intention bad/ wrong (after all its House of Tata's), its only their ability & lack of professionalism which is an issue. And we've to live with it for sometime. I take solace from the fact that Linea service intervals are very long. My next service is scheduled 12 months or 15,000 kms so there will be very very few service station visits.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 12:11   #258
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 508
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Actually, looking back its good that Fiat has tied up with Tata. Fiat's biggest issue was Dealer Network & one of the reason for failure to develop Dealer Network is failure to ensure a good Rate of return to Dealers on their investments - as the no. of Fiat cars sold monthly was very very low, it becomes very difficult for a dealer to break-even. Now, its a vicious circle & also a good strong Dealer Network can never be built overnight. It takes years. When it comes to Tata service station, I never found their intention bad/ wrong (after all its House of Tata's), its only their ability & lack of professionalism which is an issue. And we've to live with it for sometime. I take solace from the fact that Linea service intervals are very long. My next service is scheduled 12 months or 15,000 kms so there will be very very few service station visits.
Makes sense completely. I agree service network cannot be built overnight, but Fiat has to do something about having some trained staff to take care of premium cars, it's high time. Linea completed 5 months yesterday.
manish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 13:47   #259
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
but Fiat has to do something about having some trained staff to take care of premium cars, it's high time. Linea completed 5 months yesterday.
The process is on. The technical head has promised that these service machanics are undergoing some good training to up their skills. He told me that there will be a visible change in 3-6 months.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 16:10   #260
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Chrome Beadings

Sharing with you details on Chrome Beadings just in case useful to any Linea Owner:

Reqr Quarter Glass Chrome Beadings are most susceptible to fall off. Why? Because if you look at from front across / along the edge of the Chrome beadings, you would notice a curve in Rear Quarter Glass Chrome Beadings. That means both its ends are constantly under "tension" & are induced to what is called tensile stress. Secondly, the shape of Rear Q Glass beading is tapering, getting narrower towards the farthest end. Thirdly, The Length is small, hence less sticking surface, hence less sticking strength. Turkish Glue did not weather the Indian conditions & above 3 situations didn't help either. Apparently it seems Fiat has stopped using Turkish Glue & have found the solution to the issue.

However, there are all probabilities that Tata Service Station does not have that glue & may use whatever may available. If they use Fevi Quik (the most obvious choice), it may not hold longer & worse Fevi Quik tend to leave a plasticky layer which will be hard to remove from internal Rubber groovings. Hence, its advisable to do it yourself with Hit Lock (small round blue color bottle) or Fevi Bond. The key is it has to be a Rubber adhesive which can stick rubber with metal
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 23:48   #261
BHPian
 
FastLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 416
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I've been looking for Turtle wax products (platinum series & others) here in Mumbai but am not able to find it. If you know, pls let me know where can I find it.
You get Turtle Wax at Lamington Road. Hypercity / Dollar Stores in malls also have these Car cosmetic stuff.

Infact , at lamington road you get very innovative and useful stuff for your car. Do pay a visit as you are in mumbai.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 10:01   #262
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Thanks, FastLove. In fact, I'm going there today for some work. Do you know any specific shop or area on Lamington Road where I should look around? because I went to opera house via Lamington Road 3-4 days back & while driving was just exploring if I can find good big accessory store. There are quite a few Computer peripheral shops on Lamington Road. In Opera house there are car accessory shops & have tried a couple of them. They said they keep only Formula 1 or Armour All as they are moving items
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 10:16   #263
BHPian
 
FastLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 416
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Thanks, FastLove. In fact, I'm going there today for some work. Do you know any specific shop or area on Lamington Road where I should look around? because I went to opera house via Lamington Road 3-4 days back & while driving was just exploring if I can find good big accessory store. There are quite a few Computer peripheral shops on Lamington Road. In Opera house there are car accessory shops & have tried a couple of them. They said they keep only Formula 1 or Armour All as they are moving items

This place is near the diamond market area. Sainath car accesory shop 39443981, 23855735. check on these numbers when you are there.

i recommend you check some stuff like :

1. Tow Rope (remember monsoon ) 300 Rs i think i paid
2. Tyre Pressure Checker (whatever they call it ) ..check various things they have in this category. i havent bought though.
3. transparent rubber mats Rs. 550 i got them
4. Door side Stoppers.. Transparent . this thing is seriosly resommnded. looks cool and saves the door edges from bangs at parking.
5. PArking sensors ...just check and research
6. vacuum cleaner . i bought one for 550 but dont think its mighty effective. just for TP its good.


do check all shops in the lane for various options

and yeah, tell them you are VahanPujari ! you will get major discounts

just kidding mate! (but do ask for discount anyway, tell them you are friend of fastlove) hehe

Last edited by FastLove : 16th June 2009 at 10:28.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 11:04   #264
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,717
Thanked: 1,440 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
and yeah, tell them you are VahanPujari ! you will get major discounts
just kidding mate! (but do ask for discount anyway, tell them you are friend of fastlove) hehe

Hehehhe, yeah when i go there i will get double discounts as i will give reference of both Mr Fastlove and Mr. Vahanpujari

I have a digital tyre presure checker bought from ebay
Transparent mats
Blower cum vaccuum cleaner
Parking sensors dont need
Tow rope i still have to get from somewhere
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 13:46   #265
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

@fastlove
Quote:
Door side Stoppers.. Transparent . this thing is seriosly resommnded. looks cool and saves the door edges from bangs at parking.
Can you post a couple of pictures of that. I wanted to get these. My garage is small so when ever i open the door it gets hit on the wall when i squeeze out of my car. Went to a couple of dealers. Didnt like the models as they were mostly in black and white. Wanted to get one of these rubber door stoppers which you get as oem in swift but it is not available in aftermarket.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 13:53   #266
BHPian
 
FastLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 416
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
@fastlove

Can you post a couple of pictures of that. I wanted to get these. My garage is small so when ever i open the door it gets hit on the wall when i squeeze out of my car. Went to a couple of dealers. Didnt like the models as they were mostly in black and white. Wanted to get one of these rubber door stoppers which you get as oem in swift but it is not available in aftermarket.

mine is similar scenario. you should go for this stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-dsc02947.jpg  

FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 14:20   #267
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Hey that looks great. Is it made of rubber? is it mouldable?. Did they stick it for you? How much did it cost?. what brand is it?. stuffs like these are not available in chennai . People here have something like these made in china product which needs to be stuck on doors and looks like wings for the doors
Name:  ux_a08062500ux0195_ux_n.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  13.4 KB

Just curious. What is that TRO on the fuel Lid?

Last edited by geeash : 16th June 2009 at 14:22.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 14:38   #268
BHPian
 
FastLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 416
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Hey that looks great. Is it made of rubber? is it mouldable?. Did they stick it for you? How much did it cost?. what brand is it?. stuffs like these are not available in chennai . People here have something like these made in china product which needs to be stuck on doors and looks like wings for the doors
Attachment 148541

Just curious. What is that TRO on the fuel Lid?
Set of 4 big and 4 small thingy cost me 250 Rs. It is rubber (synthetic type) and very good stuff and mouldable. It is more like a clip that simply gets fixed on door sides and then there is also an equal number of sticky strips that you get along with the pack to reinforce the rubber onto the metal.

I just loved the way it stuck and behaves and looks . i will post proper long shot pictures later to show how it actually gives a nice look and at the same time is almost invisible.


TRO is a puzzle. the first one of you to answer gets a prize. Only Linea Owners can participate in this Quiz.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 14:44   #269
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
TRO is a puzzle. the first one of you to answer gets a prize. Only Linea Owners can participate in this Quiz.
Your puzzle is puzzling but i figured out.
It should be peTROl with pe and l fallen off

where is my prize????
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 14:44   #270
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
TRO is a puzzle. the first one of you to answer gets a prize. Only Linea Owners can participate in this Quiz.
PETROL . am i correct

Last edited by aks_karthik : 16th June 2009 at 14:45.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience rhenius Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 127 25th October 2010 17:31
My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red opendro Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 129 26th April 2010 10:40
My flaming red Fiat Linea Emotion pack arrived at last thumpingbull Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 16 10th April 2010 00:06
Fiat Punto 1.4 FIRE (Emotion Pack) from Pandit Auto (Pune). Edit: First Service done EssYouWe Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 51 21st January 2010 20:16
Punto MJD Emotion Pack or Linea MJD Dynamic Pack atilla Hatchbacks 1 4th August 2009 14:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks