Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th June 2009, 14:47   #271
Senior - BHPian

Hey karthik. I was the one who figured it out first. So the prize goes to me only
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 14:48   #272
Senior - BHPian

Oh Aswin,
Chennaities think alike
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 14:49   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Hey karthik. I was the one who figured it out first. So the prize goes to me only
But Check the time
it's 16th June 2009, 14:44
both were posted in same time.Don't consider seconds
Old 16th June 2009, 14:52   #274
Senior - BHPian

Ok anyways ill be gald to share the prize with you . So lets ask hime for the prize......
Old 16th June 2009, 14:55   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok anyways ill be gald to share the prize with you . So lets ask hime for the prize......
Oh nice
Definitely ,FastLove ,where is the prize?
Old 16th June 2009, 16:16   #276
BANNED

FastLove

Thanx for showing Sainath. Its a nice shop.

Went there today & bought Turtle Liquid Wax (Super Hard Shell), Sonax Car, Tow Rope (Hope I do not need to use it ever!!) & Transperent Door-Seals. Thought about buying Armour All Tire Foam, Formula 1 Alloy Wheels Cleaner but being Lazy the very fact that I'm doing car-waxing is an achievement in itself so didn't go for any of those right now. Lets see how DIY car care motivation goes. 6 years back I bought Formula 1 wax & Dashboard protectant for my Ford Ikon & never used it. I used that wax tin now for Linea!!

Though Door-seals protect edge of the doors, never liked them as thought they spoil the look of the car. Still bought as these are transperent ones & FastLove advocated. If I do not like them, you'll be responsible, FastLove But the way it looks on your car, I think I'll like them. Pls post more pics. Also how do you fix them? like to avoid sticking it to the door

BTW, the Bride is groomed with Wardrobe prepared & put on !! Shall post the pics soon
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 16:56   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin Congrats ! You have a great IQ & You win !

You win the transparent door stopper thing (same as mine) as anyway you dont get it chennai. Should be useful to you . Now only thing is to figure out how to send to you!

As regards kartiks claim,i suggest you share 4 piece each of the stuff as it is 8 in total (2 for each door) ..lol
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 17:26   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
FastLove

Thanx for showing Sainath. Its a nice shop.

Went there today & bought Turtle Liquid Wax (Super Hard Shell), Sonax Car, Tow Rope (Hope I do not need to use it ever!!) & Transperent Door-Seals. Thought about buying Armour All Tire Foam, Formula 1 Alloy Wheels Cleaner but being Lazy the very fact that I'm doing car-waxing is an achievement in itself so didn't go for any of those right now. Lets see how DIY car care motivation goes. 6 years back I bought Formula 1 wax & Dashboard protectant for my Ford Ikon & never used it. I used that wax tin now for Linea!!

Though Door-seals protect edge of the doors, never liked them as thought they spoil the look of the car. Still bought as these are transperent ones & FastLove advocated. If I do not like them, you'll be responsible, FastLove But the way it looks on your car, I think I'll like them. Pls post more pics. Also how do you fix them? like to avoid sticking it to the door

BTW, the Bride is groomed with Wardrobe prepared & put on !! Shall post the pics soon
My dear friend . you are most welcome. i am so happy that the place was useful to you

regarding the door seal you bought all your answers in my thread in 2 minutes. Pictures speaking a thousand words , as they say. so ..over to my thread in 5 ..

look forward eagerly to see your beauty beautified !
Old 16th June 2009, 17:57   #279
BHPian

Default couple of pics of door seals

couple of pics of door seals . it should be very easy to install as i have mentioned in my thread.

what i like is it is transparent and dont take away anything from the great looks of the beautiful car and at the same time gives a neat look to the door edges Also, dont forget it protects the bangs to the pillar or other cars in parking.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-dsc02971.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-dsc02976.jpg  

Last edited by FastLove : 16th June 2009 at 18:01.
Old 16th June 2009, 18:57   #280
BANNED

Default Linea's Wardrobe

Finally the bride is groomed with the wardrobe - The Seat Covers. My thanks to bhpian Prash who shown me the place to get this done.
  • Always wanted to have twin pockets on the back of the front seats - got 1 with Zip & the other usual open. Have this bad habit of stuffing things
  • Never liked the Black portion protruding when Rear Armrest is pulled down. Its now covered when the Armrest is not pulled down & will remain covered when the Armrest is pulled down !
  • The wardrobe is from "Fashion Street" unlike FastLove's beauty dressed from "Inorbit Mall". Hence, looks bit casual and not formal (in terms of minor Fit N Finish)
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607020.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607019.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607018.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607033.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607024.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607029.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607027.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607026.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607025.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090607032.jpg
Old 16th June 2009, 19:13   #281
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
couple of pics of door seals . it should be very easy to install as i have mentioned in my thread.

what i like is it is transparent and dont take away anything from the great looks of the beautiful car and at the same time gives a neat look to the door edges Also, dont forget it protects the bangs to the pillar or other cars in parking.
Yes, Many many thanks. looks like what I get is exactly like yours - transperent - which is what i wanted so its almost invisible. am puzzled where you placed them.
  • In front door, is the smaller seal placed just below chrome beading on the lower side?
  • On rear door, are both seals down almost on wheel arch?
Seems the places where you placed seals are most likely to hit the nearest object. is it?
Old 16th June 2009, 19:37   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post

Looks great, wish they were available in Chennai. We should arrange a group order for the Chennai folks
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 21:53   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You win the transparent door stopper thing (same as mine) as anyway you dont get it chennai. Should be useful to you . Now only thing is to figure out how to send to you!

As regards kartiks claim,i suggest you share 4 piece each of the stuff as it is 8 in total (2 for each door) ..lol
Thanks for the generous offer mate!!. Send it to me across through courier. PM me for more info!!.

@ vahan

The seat covers are good. I guess its made of art leather. How much did it costs you?. I have also planned to get the seats done but from stanley but i would like to use a similar dual tone thing too

Last edited by geeash : 16th June 2009 at 21:55.
Old 17th June 2009, 00:03   #284
BHPian

Nice Seats Vahan Pujari . I liked the front seats and armrest more than the rear ones. The front armrest has a beige top while rear armrest is black which i think should have been beige too. The dual tone looks really cool. Although , i reserve my comments on the rear armrest design. and btw have you done the side door trims too ?

the seals i have placed are not the ideal positions i think. i did it only for practicality in terms of my stilt parking area and looks wise. Actually , it should be on the curves of the door that are most protruding out. i think geeash has written on my thread the right positions . anyway it is your choice to place it wherever is convinient.

the answer to the 2 questions regarding the seal position u have asked is YES.

the best thing is it can be removed and repositioned at any spot. i have planned to keep an extra set as it will be handy in case i lose any. Maybe replace it once every 1 or 2 years. its worth it.

Last edited by FastLove : 17th June 2009 at 00:04.
Old 17th June 2009, 03:40   #285
SSN
BHPian

Nice covers Vahan. How much did they cost and where did u get it from?
SSN is offline   Reply With Quote