Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th June 2009, 09:54   #286
BHPian

Really nice seat covers Amit! I have to plan a trip to Mumbai for the same, of course with the help of tbhpians!
You have not covered the gear knob, right?
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 10:50   #287
BHPian

Smile

Wow Man the seat covers and the car was like made for each other. I like those covers and the finishing is also good. Have nice time with that babe and drive safe
ManMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 12:04   #288
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
The seat covers are good. I guess its made of art leather. How much did it costs you?. I have also planned to get the seats done but from stanley but i would like to use a similar dual tone thing too
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
Nice covers Vahan. How much did they cost and where did u get it from?
Thanks Ashwin, SSN, ManMachine
Yes, They are made of Art Leather. The material is thick, soft & with matt (non-shiny) looks which I so wanted. The inside of the material is like cloth-type so does not become very hot in sunny conditions. The inside of the 2 pockets on backside of front seats are also made of the same material & not usual cloth as I've seen inside-clothes always tends to tear (the way it wears in Wallets if the inside cloth also is not genuine leather).

Also, I got Neck-pillows covered with the same material in Black, will post the pics soon.

These Seat Covers are fitted on the OEM covers without diturbing it a bit. The other option (which by default he was about to apply before I stopped him) is to un-stich the OEM covers from the central horizontal stich-lines & to insert a small rod (actually thick wire) & then clip that with the rod inside the seat. This would have given the seat an excellent rich & tight fit with small bulges between stich-lines. But was not comfortable with disturbing OEM seats (if it was Stanely, its another matter). Hence, there are minor Fit N Finish which I'll try to remove by some "Dadima Ke Nuskhe" , if I can find any.

I got these seat covers done at Opera House. The shop (he has a stiching unit above his shop) is suggested by bhpian Prash. I saw Seat Covers of his Linea & liked the Fit N Finish. The dual-tone decision was based on SSN & Prash seat covers with some customisations.

The other option I had was AutoForm India. Liked their art leather material but there was no provision of customising various things as mentioned above, hence went with this fully-customisable solution. It costed me Rs. 4000/- + Rs. 200 for Neck-pillows covers. Thats why I mentioned that they are more "Fashion Street" kinds rather than "Inorbit Mall" kinds. For non-Mumbaikars, Fashion Street is a major Road-side market near Churchgate/ Fort for Casual Cotton clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Really nice seat covers Amit! I have to plan a trip to Mumbai for the same, of course with the help of tbhpians!
Thanx Dr. Amit. You're always welcome. And you just need to PM me when you're coming. In that process, I'll have an opportunity to dwelve on fantastic Ahmedabad memories & what I'm always missing in Mumbai .
No I did not do The Gear Knob as I was not confident on his technical abilities. After seeing his main guy doing things though I feel he could have done a decent job for Knob & Door trims but did not take a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Nice Seats Vahan Pujari . I liked the front seats and armrest more than the rear ones. The front armrest has a beige top while rear armrest is black which i think should have been beige too. The dual tone looks really cool. Although , i reserve my comments on the rear armrest design. and btw have you done the side door trims too ?

the best thing is it can be removed and repositioned at any spot. i have planned to keep an extra set as it will be handy in case i lose any. Maybe replace it once every 1 or 2 years. its worth it.
Thanks FastLove. Had to keep your quote for the last!
Yes, for Colour on Rear Armrest I was also in dillemma to go for beige or black & it was a decision on the spur of the moment. I saw Prash's rear armrest in black & was looking alright. The other thing is children will definitely spoil rear armrest & beige would get dirty soon. But in hindsight, after reading your post, I think it was better had I gone for beige there as well.

Rear Armrest was the top-most thing for which I looked many many seat covers & options here on t-bhp. Somehow I liked this Zipped solution instead of the usual one hence went with it. I first asked him to do the door trims also @ Rs. 1000/- extra & then cancelled it as was not comfortable him opening the Door panels etc. Had it been Stanely, would have gone for it + Gear Knob + Hand Brakes like yours.

Anyway, my mood (or the thought processes) changes with time. Amongst the premium or Stanely covers, I liked yours the best & for a while it tempted me also big time. But right now I was not in mood of spending Rs. 25K though every ruppee spent there is worth it. However, whenever I feel like doing it, with closed-eyes, it'll be exactly like what you've got done. Pls send me contact details of the guys who did it in your car.

For Door seals, I think I also will have to buy another set for reserves!! Don't know when I'll go there again (parking seems to be a huge issue there). You know what, the place where I got my seat covers done is hardly 100 meters away from Sainath accessories shop!! In nick of time you suggested it just half an hour before I was going there for seat covers!!

Last edited by VahanPujari : 17th June 2009 at 12:20.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 12:12   #289
BHPian

Seat covers look very good. The arm rest look great covered. Even though mine were from the dealer they didn't cover the front or back arm rests!
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 12:20   #290
BHPian

Exclamation

Please Advice!!! i would like to know how black colour seat cover looks on Beige interiors
ManMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 12:20   #291
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
The seat covers are good. I guess its made of art leather. How much did it costs you?. I have also planned to get the seats done but from stanley but i would like to use a similar dual tone thing too
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
Nice covers Vahan. How much did they cost and where did u get it from?
Thanks Ashwin, SSN
Yes, They are made of Art Leather. The material is thick, soft & with matt (non-shiny) looks which I so wanted. The inside of the material is like cloth-type so does not become very hot in sunny conditions. The inside of the 2 pockets on backside of front seats are also made of the same material & not usual cloth as I've seen inside-clothes always tends to tear (the way it wears in Wallets if the inside cloth also is not genuine leather).

Also, I got Neck-pillows covered with the same material in Black, will post the pics soon.

These Seat Covers are fitted on the OEM covers without diturbing it a bit. The other option (which by default he was about to apply before I stopped him) is to un-stich the OEM covers from the central horizontal stich-lines & to insert a small rod (actually thick wire) & then clip that with the rod inside the seat. This would have given the seat an excellent rich & tight fit with small bulges between stich-lines. But was not comfortable with disturbing OEM seats (if it was Stanely, its another matter). Hence, there are minor Fit N Finish which I'll try to remove by some "Dadima Ke Nuskhe" , if I can find any.

I got these seat covers done at Opera House. The shop (he has a stiching unit above his shop) is suggested by bhpian Prash. I saw Seat Covers of his Linea & liked the Fit N Finish. The dual-tone decision was based on SSN & Prash seat covers with some customisations.

The other option I had was AutoForm India. Liked their art leather material but there was no provision of customising various things as mentioned above, hence went with this fully-customisable solution. It costed me Rs. 4000/- + Rs. 200 for Neck-pillows covers. Thats why I mentioned that they are more "Fashion Street" kinds rather than "Inorbit Mall" kinds. For non-Mumbaikars, Fashion Street is a major Road-side market near Churchgate/ Fort for Casual Cotton clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Thanx Dr. Amit. You're always welcome. And you just need to PM me when you're coming. In that process, I'll have an opportunity to dwelve on fantastic Ahmedabad memories & what I'm always missing in Mumbai .
No I did not do The Gear Knob as I was not confident on his technical abilities. After seeing his main guy doing things though I feel he could have done a decent job for Knob & Door trims but did not take a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Nice Seats Vahan Pujari . I liked the front seats and armrest more than the rear ones. The front armrest has a beige top while rear armrest is black which i think should have been beige too. The dual tone looks really cool. Although , i reserve my comments on the rear armrest design. and btw have you done the side door trims too ?

the best thing is it can be removed and repositioned at any spot. i have planned to keep an extra set as it will be handy in case i lose any. Maybe replace it once every 1 or 2 years. its worth it.
Yes, for Colour on Rear Armrest I was also in dillemma to go for beige or black & it was a decision on the spur of the moment. I saw Prash's rear armrest in black & was looking alright. The other thing is children will definitely spoil rear armrest & beige would get dirty soon. But in hindsight, after reading your post, I think it was better had I gone for beige there as well.

Rear Armrest was the top-most thing for which I looked many many seat covers & options here on t-bhp. Somehow I liked this Zipped solution instead of the usual one hence went with it. I first asked him to do the door trims also @ Rs. 1000/- extra & then cancelled it as was not comfortable him opening the Door panels etc. Had it been Stanely, would have gone for it + Gear Knob + Hand Brakes like yours.

Anyway, my mood (or the thought processes) changes with time. Amongst the premium or Stanely covers, I liked yours the best & for a while it tempted me also big time. But right now I was not in mood of spending Rs. 25K though every ruppee spent there is worth it. However, whenever I feel like doing it, with closed-eyes, it'll be exactly like what you've got done. Pls send me contact details of the guys who did it in your car.

For Door seals, I think I also will have to buy another set for reserves!! Don't know when I'll go there again (parking seems to be a huge issue there). You know what, the place where I got my seat covers done is hardly 100 meters away from Sainath accessories shop!! In nick of time you suggested it just half an hour before I was going there for seat covers!!
Old 17th June 2009, 12:24   #292
BANNED

Vahan, Your beautiful Linea deserves much better seat covers. The fit and finish of those seat covers do not do justice to a such a nice car. Please dont take my comment personally, I just feel terrible when I see these shoddy slip on seat covers fitted on to cars which are so expensive in India. If real leather is not within budget, at least an OE fit PU seat covers. 4 k for those covers are not VFM at all. They look cheap. Sorry and no offence just my honest opinion.
Hypercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 13:21   #293
BANNED

JRD,

Regarding the "tak-tak" sound that you mentioned in the other thread (couldn't locate the thread) which comes from Dashord-Door intersection, I've observed that since last 1 week my car has developed a single "tik" sound. This comes very rarely when the car hits potholes & it comes 5 times out of say total 10 times the car hits potholes. Its only a single "tik" sound coming from driver side glass/ door. I think I located it to be coming from the black plastic door panel just below the Glass intersection. I pressed that plastic 4-5 times & once there was the same "tik" sound. Then after some time I pressed the glass itself 4-5 times & again once there was the same "tik" sound. It seems some fitting is slightly loose inside that black plastic in the groove in which the glass slides down. However, am not much bothered as it rarely comes & such issues generally dies down its natural death when some dust paricle may settle in nicely in that loose fitting. Will hope that to happen & wait till it becomes regular & annoying.
Old 17th June 2009, 13:28   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

However, whenever I feel like doing it, with closed-eyes, it'll be exactly like what you've got done. Pls send me contact details of the guys who did it in your car.

So, you do believe in the phrase " Save the beast for LAst "

One thing is for sure that anybody who owns a Linea has a good taste! So whatever you have done or any of my fellow Linea owners gonna do are going to be just a notch above others (Strictly my opinion) . So, what we are discussing here is the best of the best in looks and design. so my comments . and i am sure that there will be more oggling at your Linea now with the nice highlighted seating that you have done.

Thanks for considering my car seats gud enough to be imitated. I am flattered! i will PM you details of the stanley guy. Lets also plan to meet someday soon. btw there is plan for 4 of us TBHPians to meet at New bombay on friday at fortune, nerul on the Punto Launch day. Will be a good place to meet. Know its a bit far for you , do let me know.

Will let you know whenever i go there next and you can give me your list .

Last edited by FastLove : 17th June 2009 at 13:30.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 13:58   #295
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Please dont take my comment personally,

Sorry and no offence just my honest opinion.
No issues, dude. Nothing on this thread is taken personally & everything here is well respected. In fact, I've observed you as a Seat Cover - lover who is very sensitive when it comes to Seat Covers. Am I right? I've seen your comments on JMarruru's Swift Seat Covers on Car Care Thread as well. I can fully understand that as I'm also sensitive in certain things where I can not accept even 1% deviation of what it should be & can get very upset in that case.

However, I mentioned earlier that my mood swings/ changes. When that happens & when I get into that kinda mood, rest assured will send you the pics then. But have already decided, that time the covers would be similar to what FastLove has on his Linea. Check out his thread here --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1350252 . (Had already checked OEM covers earlier, they are even worse)

Till then, I'll find ways to make this look very very good, I'm sure about it.

After all, I'm a Gujju, an Engineer & a Banker at that. Can't help it, you know.
Old 17th June 2009, 15:22   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Till then, I'll find ways to make this look very very good, I'm sure about it
That is what i am doing now , Keeping the OEM seat covers clean.
Believe it or not. I have not even removed the plastic covers that came on the seats during the delivery of my car. I am afraid that the seats get spoiled soon. It is definitely a good thought to go for a standby seatcover until you design one from stanley and good enough that you did not make these guys touch the OEM seat covers. You never know what they will do............
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 15:44   #297
BHPian

Good color combination dude, look almost like your Linea was born with them Though they dont fit tight because of the OEM seat covers underneath.

Good decision to not let them touch the fittings/doors.
I had a bad experience when i put on sunfilm. Those guys screwed up all my doors and now I hear lot of rattles when i hit potholes. Have to get them fixed during 1st service next month.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 15:55   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I had a bad experience when i put on sunfilm. Those guys screwed up all my doors and now I hear lot of rattles when i hit potholes. Have to get them fixed during 1st service next month.
What do you want to say? Sunfilm are fixed by just opening the doors and fixing films from inside on all window and quarter glass panes. Dont tell me your installer used some other way or even worse but impossible that he removed the windows or doors to put sunfilms
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 16:26   #299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Good decision to not let them touch the fittings/doors.
Thanks Neo

Precisely. I've seen even the best amongst the best making mistakes. Am very sensitive to that even if he is Tata Service executive.
Old 17th June 2009, 17:20   #300
BHPian

Usually its best to put the film by removing glasses away to a clean room. (This will ensure no bubbles/dust).
In my Linea, those guys tried repeatedly and finally managed to get the front 2 glasses out. Rear ones didnot come out, so they did those, quarterpanels & rear-windscreen from within car itself.

With all this experimentation (it was the 1st Linea they had seen), they removed and fixed the doors 2-3 times. Hence the rattles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
What do you want to say? Sunfilm are fixed by just opening the doors and fixing films from inside on all window and quarter glass panes. Dont tell me your installer used some other way or even worse but impossible that he removed the windows or doors to put sunfilms
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote