Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th June 2009, 17:30   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Usually its best to put the film by removing glasses away to a clean room. (This will ensure no bubbles/dust).
With all this experimentation (it was the 1st Linea they had seen), they removed and fixed the doors 2-3 times. Hence the rattles.
I give a damn to bubbles and dust but had told them not to fiddle with even one bolt of the door and especially told them to handle the driver's side height adjuster knob carefully when putting seat covers on as it could break (read here on tbhp) any moment

In last 5 sun film installations on our cars from my friend's shop he never removed the glasses from car, just fixed it from inside and neither do i complain because he did the job nicely.
You should have told them to fix it as it is, rattles are hard to remove once they crop up and they removed the doors 2-3 times may god bless your doors.
BTW, did you tell your service centre to remove those rattles?

Last edited by coolboy007 : 17th June 2009 at 17:32.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 17:45   #302
BHPian

True. Planning on getting these taken care of when I got to 1st service.
Hope they don't notice that I put sunfilm on and they are the ones responsible for the rattles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
BTW, did you tell your service centre to remove those rattles?
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 18:44   #303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I give a damn to bubbles and dust but had told them not to fiddle with even one bolt of the door and especially told them to handle the driver's side height adjuster knob carefully when putting seat covers on as it could break (read here on tbhp) any moment
Absolutely. I used the same words & asked seat covers guy not at all to touch any of the levers or plastic parts & not to open a single bolt. Was standing in front of them when they were fixing it
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 19:31   #304
BHPian

I got my door panels and seats removed at the dealership. They were then transported to the workshop of the seats guy and the reinstall will be done back at the dealership once the work is done. hence I hope to avoid the rattle issue. But of course I have time on my hands. I'm "transforming" her into one of a kind.
ghost_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 22:56   #305
BANNED

Why everytime I think of a usual issue faced by many & fortunately not occuring in my Linea, it happens immediately to my car?

First I thought of Chorm beading not falling from my car & it fell. 3 days back I thought of Rattling/ Squeaking Noise not happening to my car & was just about to post it & since yday night it happened.

I do not know if its because of seat covers, but for more than 1 day after seat covers got fitted there was no noise in the car. But yday night while returning home, it started giving some screetching (kich, kich type sounds) noise just like the slippery rubber makes faint noise when scratched against any surface or polythelene plastic frictions with other surface. Tried hard top locate the source but could not. checked all seats with pushing it hard up down but noise does not come. As soon as I start the car & it starts coming. No door panels were opened, no seat was opened while fitting the cover.

What could it be? Any idea anyone? or is it just normal noise of new leather surface rubbing against plastic tray?
Old 18th June 2009, 06:42   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Usually its best to put the film by removing glasses away to a clean room. (This will ensure no bubbles/dust).
Yes thats what my 3M authourised dealership did with ease as they had been given training at the Tata-fiat dealership constantly.

The moral of the story: Get every thing done at authorised centres. Be it 3M or Stanleys
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 11:05   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Why everytime I think of a usual issue faced by many & fortunately not occuring in my Linea, it happens immediately to my car?
As soon as I start the car & it starts coming. No door panels were opened, no seat was opened while fitting the cover.
What could it be? Any idea anyone? or is it just normal noise of new leather surface rubbing against plastic tray?
One more rattling Linea ?
My accessories shop had removed all seats and then refit them back but thank god everything is fine. You also getting kat kat sounds?
I mean Fastlove also got his seat covers fitted but hasnt complained of any sound till now and it shouldnt have come in your car too.

Hope those seat covers people havent broken anything of our delicate drivers seat See for few days and if sound persists then you will have to head to service centre. Rattles are the worst thing, hard to locate and double hard to fix them.

Regarding your first few lines
Quote:
Stop thinking too much or have you passed over any "nimbu and mirchi" with magical powers?
My Fevibond is ready to be used any moment, saw the chrome strip yesterday and it looked fine i mean it wasnt loose.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 11:09   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my Linea, those guys tried repeatedly and finally managed to get the front 2 glasses out. Rear ones didnot come out, so they did those, quarterpanels & rear-windscreen from within car itself.

With all this experimentation (it was the 1st Linea they had seen), they removed and fixed the doors 2-3 times. Hence the rattles.
same thing happended to me too.
Mine was the first linea in their premises.
They Didn't know how to open the Door pads.struggled to rip it.
Finally they managed it but it went very wrong once all were finished.
I got of lot of rattling only because of those guys.
still I am geeting rattling from front driver side door.might be tweeters were not fitted correctly.

So mind,while installing sun Films.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 12:02   #309
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
JRD,

Regarding the "tak-tak" sound that you mentioned in the other thread (couldn't locate the thread) which comes from Dashord-Door intersection, I've observed that since last 1 week my car has developed a single "tik" sound. This comes very rarely when the car hits potholes & it comes 5 times out of say total 10 times the car hits potholes. Its only a single "tik" sound coming from driver side glass/ door. I think I located it to be coming from the black plastic door panel just below the Glass intersection. I pressed that plastic 4-5 times & once there was the same "tik" sound. Then after some time I pressed the glass itself 4-5 times & again once there was the same "tik" sound. It seems some fitting is slightly loose inside that black plastic in the groove in which the glass slides down. However, am not much bothered as it rarely comes & such issues generally dies down its natural death when some dust paricle may settle in nicely in that loose fitting. Will hope that to happen & wait till it becomes regular & annoying.

Spot on Vahan.. Its actually 2 parts the A-Pillar Trim and the Plastic near the driver side quarter glass thats causing this sound. It started with a small tik similar to your car and now its unbearable at times, very loud taks and not tiks any more. It seems, it has a mind of its own.

The service guys opened it and tighened all the screws and bolts and still the sound is there. I have spoken to the service advisor to order the trim parts and will see how it goes after those 2 parts have been changed.

Tyre Update:
Goodyear service guy inspected the tyres and 2 of the tyres were diagnosed with issues. They have decided to replace the tyres for free. The tyres will be changed today. Thanks to my service advisor who pushed the tyre guy to get a replacement.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 13:32   #310
BHPian

Question: When playing music from USB (Media player), will controls on the music-system work?
I seem to be able to skip/choose album etc on steering. But if the co-passenger wants to change a song?

Can you elaborate more on this issue? I thought Linea by default had tyre noise (maybe because of the goodyear tyres).
How was your case different than the rest of us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Tyre Update:
Goodyear service guy inspected the tyres and 2 of the tyres were diagnosed with issues. They have decided to replace the tyres for free. The tyres will be changed today. Thanks to my service advisor who pushed the tyre guy to get a replacement.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 13:58   #311
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Question: When playing music from USB (Media player), will controls on the music-system work?
I seem to be able to skip/choose album etc on steering. But if the co-passenger wants to change a song?

Can you elaborate more on this issue? I thought Linea by default had tyre noise (maybe because of the goodyear tyres).
How was your case different than the rest of us?
no the controls on the music system dont work when the usb is playing. You can only control it from the steering wheel controls..

The issue was a lot of humming tyre noise between 40 to 70 and when the car slows down at about 20 to 10kmh sort of quenching noise (sounded like the brakes were not fully disengaged) Also I had very low high speed grip. Linea has some tyre noise because of goodyears but mine was above normal. People sitting in the back could hear the tyre humming.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 17:43   #312
BHPian

Quote:
I do not know if its because of seat covers, but for more than 1 day after seat covers got fitted there was no noise in the car. But yday night while returning home, it started giving some screetching (kich, kich type sounds) noise just like the slippery rubber makes faint noise when scratched against any surface or polythelene plastic frictions with other surface. Tried hard top locate the source but could not. checked all seats with pushing it hard up down but noise does not come. As soon as I start the car & it starts coming. No door panels were opened, no seat was opened while fitting the cover.

regarding rattles i feel these maybe due to stuff kept loosely in your glove box or sunglass compartment or the bottle holders or other such areas in the car. check all these areas if there are strange noise in the car. there cant be anything else causing these sounds.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 00:24   #313
BANNED

Gottcha !! Earlier yday night while coming home, I stopped twice in between & I checked everything possible - Glove Box, platic floor mats, polethylene bag & other stuff in seat pocket, things in boot, sunglass compartment etc as I was certain that the cause of the kich-kich sound would be very funny & nothing serious like rattles. I also sat on each seat one after the other & even jumped on each seat to find the location of the sound.
The engineer in me never allows not to be able to diagnose the problem. So, today morning again the checking starts - 1st try & voila. And it was funny as expected - the sound was the rubbing sound of rear left seat leather rubbing with the Door Plastic tray. The seat is not yet used after getting the covers on. So, pressed the seat here, there etc & it seems the sound went off. Will have to wait & check but am sure it won't come now.

Driver Seat has not come down for the whole of yday & till today afternoon & I was checking everytime, every hour or so when in car. Lets see tomorrow.

So, as of today my car has No Rattles, No Squeaking Sounds, No issues at all

Heading to Manish's niggling thread. Since I mentioned some issues there earlier, I consider it my responsibility to post all positive points there as well.
Old 19th June 2009, 00:34   #314
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
It started with a small tik similar to your car and now its unbearable at times, very loud taks and not tiks any more.
. uh oh
I'll remain positive this time that my car will not develop a sustaining tak-tak sound
Old 19th June 2009, 11:38   #315
BANNED

Default Update @ 4000 km's

ODO is closing in on 4000 km's. Update from my Linea-Ownership experience:

No Rattling Sound, No Squeaking noise either. Am absolutely enjoying the Chico Italiano beauty.
  • Absolute stunning looks, a Head-turner. My car's washing guy once told me that he sees all the passer-by's staring at the beauty
  • Love the Foldable key - another novelty
  • FE is also good (mine is petrol Linea) - 14 kmpl on highways & around 10 kmpl in Mumbai B2B traffic (avg speed only 17-18 kmph). On Saturdays, even city-FE is 12-13 kmpl.
  • Family enjoying Rear AC Vents
  • Wifey also likes Rear Sun Curtain very much & as soon as she steps in the rear seats, the Sun curtain is outta from its socket properly gets itself in place shielding against the scorching sun.
  • USB & CD Player - both together are a must. Can't live with only USB as its cumbersome to first get the CD & then copy it on USB & I don't have time to download songs either. USB is also helpful.
  • Steering Mounted Controls are a boon.
  • Am just loving the Blue & Me - copies my phonebook on car system, accepts my voice command to call others, accept commands to change various car / audio settings, receive calls, Reads SMS (but my phone does not have SMS reader facility).
  • Fog Lamps help in various conditions - particularly when visibility is an issue like extreme Mumbai rains or Delhi fog. I like to have to Fog lamps ON irrespective of visibility - the car looks very good.
  • Alloys are a stunner
  • Automatic Climate Control is also a boon. In my earlier car, I had to continuously change it & still I used to get affected by cold every now & then. Now that biggest irritation is absolutely gone due to ACC
  • Wifey loves the Boot as she has a habit of stuffing things. Also the boot capacity is fully maximised with hinge-less closure mechanism
  • Love the little but very very important Safety features - Dispaly gives warning if a door is not properly closed with even citing the exact door. It also gives warning chimes if Seat belt is not fastned.
  • Follow-me Home Headlights throws lights for 20/40/more seconds when I leave car in dark near my home.
  • Absolutely comfortable & Stable. Superb Ride & Handling qualities. You throw her in the corner even at high speeds, she stays planted & even family in rear seat does not feel any body roll
  • Took her to 160 kmph speed a coupla times
  • I just love her front masseratti-like nose with grills like Audi.
  • Engine power is adequate for me & I'm a no slow driver (In Mumbai B2B traffic, I hate to see any car going ahead than me - & Linea is living upto the expectation in most cases only exception being when I do not push hard for fear of neareby Autorickshaw scratching my Chico Italiano.
Overall, am extremely satisfied with Linea. After all, @ 8 Lacs, which car gives pleasure of all these Equipment, Features, Looks, Ride & Handling, Size, FE, Convenience & Luxury