Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th August 2009, 17:45   #436
BANNED

Default Seat Height Adj Lever

Neo/ Dr. Amit,

I believe you got the Seat Height adj lever changed.

Pls share how is it? is the seat still going down? or has it solved the issue?
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 18:22   #437
BHPian

vp,

It is better now. But not 100% foolproof.
Previously it used to go down 1-step every day.
Now its 1 step in a week.

Basically, getting out of car onto a flat road is fine now. But if its an uneven road/ditch I kind of have to make extra effort and end up clicking the lever (Hope you are understanding what I say)

Last edited by neotraveller : 11th August 2009 at 18:23.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 18:28   #438
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
vp,

Ok then I'll get it done

From last 1 week I'm facing a different issue. I feel seat is not at its max height position. So i try the lever to pull the seat upwards. The lever does not move as its already at its max height position. Then I try to push the lever down to reduce the height - I give 1-2 strokes down. Then I pull the lever upwards to raise the height. my my, Now the seat really moves upwards & it takes 7-8 strokes for the lever & when the lever reaches its top most position, the seat now is at its prescribed top most position.
Old 11th August 2009, 19:03   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Ok then I'll get it done

From last 1 week I'm facing a different issue. I feel seat is not at its max height position. So i try the lever to pull the seat upwards. The lever does not move as its already at its max height position. Then I try to push the lever down to reduce the height - I give 1-2 strokes down. Then I pull the lever upwards to raise the height. my my, Now the seat really moves upwards & it takes 7-8 strokes for the lever & when the lever reaches its top most position, the seat now is at its prescribed top most position.
Amit, i too have felt this at times. I was about to test this at a leisure.
Good that you too observed.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 20:37   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok then I'll get it done

From last 1 week I'm facing a different issue. I feel seat is not at its max height position. So i try the lever to pull the seat upwards. The lever does not move as its already at its max height position.
One more niggle.
Am tired of these niggle inventions in Linea, never noticed this till now, also tired of pulling up the lever again and again as fiat has no time to correct this issue and i cant find a desi juggad for it rather than jumping out like a monkey.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 09:17   #441
Senior - BHPian

I haven't faced any issues in seat adjustment.
It's been 2 weeks(including B'lore trip) i changed the seat position and it remains same.
The culprit is ,whenever you ingress the car ,the thigh is hitting the Lever.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 11:39   #442
BANNED

Quote:
vp,

Basically, getting out of car onto a flat road is fine now. But if its an uneven road/ditch I kind of have to make extra effort and end up clicking the lever (Hope you are understanding what I say)
One more query Neo-

Is only the Lever changed in your Linea or is some mechanical assembly also changed?
Old 12th August 2009, 12:11   #443
BANNED

Did the tank-full yday.

Returned with FE of 8.54 kmpl at an avg speed of 16 kmph Damn the Mumbai Traffic

And this includes Saturdays shots of 16 kmpl @ 40-50 kmph avg speed.

From 16 kmpl to 8.54 kmpl !!

True that Ashwin says my Linea has Multiple Personality Disorder !!
Old 12th August 2009, 12:35   #444
BHPian

Only lever.
Check my thread for the pics (you can see the exact part that was replaced).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1409626 (One more Linea story? ... here you go)

Quote:
One more query Neo-

Is only the Lever changed in your Linea or is some mechanical assembly also changed?
Old 12th August 2009, 13:43   #445
BANNED

Quote:
Only lever.
Check my thread for the pics (you can see the exact part that was replaced).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1409626 (One more Linea story? ... here you go)
I'm trying to change the assembly.
Is it ok?
Old 12th August 2009, 13:58   #446
BHPian

I guess its now more or less established that the reason of seat going down is because of lever design. Even my experience corroborates this.

So I don't see any use of changing seat assembly. Plus TASS might screw up and you end up with a creaking/unstable seat too

You have seen the assembly in my pics, right. It has really intricate switchgear in there (pressure sensors, seatbelt stuff, seat-height gear mechanism etc etc)!

Quote:
I'm trying to change the assembly.
Is it ok?
Old 12th August 2009, 14:11   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From last 1 week I'm facing a different issue. I feel seat is not at its max height position. So i try the lever to pull the seat upwards. The lever does not move as its already at its max height position. Then I try to push the lever down to reduce the height - I give 1-2 strokes down. Then I pull the lever upwards to raise the height. my my, Now the seat really moves upwards & it takes 7-8 strokes for the lever & when the lever reaches its top most position, the seat now is at its prescribed top most position
i am going to check this today evening and will report back. iff this happens then it means we all have the same issue.
Vahan just dont be in a hurry to change it . the TASS service is pathetic and as said by neo, if one problem goes another comes as a result . so let us all check in our respective cars and report back and then we can all send a mail to mangesh ( each separately) on this issue and ask him to give a solution on top priority
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 15:01   #448
Senior - BHPian

@VahanPujari: Sorry for going OT.

Guys need your help. My friend has finalized Linea Petrol Emotion Pk. The dealer in Pune (BUB) is giving only 8K as Corporate Disc. And may be 3K in insurance which he has quoted as 21K. As freebies we will get only floor mats and mud flaps.

Do you guys have any idea about how much we can push for the cash discount?
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 17:59   #449
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post

Guys need your help. My friend has finalized Linea Petrol Emotion Pk. The dealer in Pune (BUB) is giving only 8K as Corporate Disc. And may be 3K in insurance which he has quoted as 21K. As freebies we will get only floor mats and mud flaps.

Neoonwheels - All Linea- owners on this forum are initial "founder-memebrs" of Linea, when not a single rupee or in kind (freebies) was available on Emotion Pack version. So, we would not know.

However, for corporate discounts, call Fiats toll free number. Have seen someone here on t-bhp guided correctly by toll-free number where dealer refused to give corporate discount. For insurance, ask your friend to do it himself negotiating with insurance companies rather than thro' dealer. there will be a difference of 3-5K. Though some people consider to go for dealer-recommended insurance for ease of processing when need arises
Old 12th August 2009, 18:07   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post

Just picked up my Fiat Linea Emotion from B U B. No discount at all even against full cash payment. Not even corporate, since my company did not make it to their list. Just the (ugly) mud flaps and floor mats. However, if you do the insurance yourself can save about 6K on the insurance. Got mine from Bajaj Allianz through my long term agent ( 8K with NCB)

Just posted my discount and dealership saga on a new thread
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote