Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th August 2009, 18:22   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Just picked up my Fiat Linea Emotion from B U B. No discount at all even against full cash payment. Not even corporate, since my company did not make it to their list. Just the (ugly) mud flaps and floor mats. However, if you do the insurance yourself can save about 6K on the insurance. Got mine from Bajaj Allianz through my long term agent ( 8K with NCB)

Just posted my discount and dealership saga on a new thread
Thanks Pragmites. I will try and negotiate as hard as possible. At least now I know its hard to get more than 8K discount.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 18:25   #452
BHPian

If you do get something, let me know. I will go and ask for the same
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 19:03   #453
BANNED

Default Blue & Me with Nokia 6265 CDMA

"Lineans",

Was thinking of posting this since long & todays discussion on B&M in other thread has reminded me to seek your opinions

I've Nokia 6265 CDMA (In 2006, it was the top-end Nokia model for CDMA) which I use with B&M. Obviously some of the functions are not supported:
  1. Message Reader not supported
  2. Phonebook gets downloaded automatically without manually doing it.
  3. Phonebook does not contain multiple phone no. entries for Home, Office, etc like what explained in manual. It just gives 1 entry, don't know if it takes the default no. or which no.
  4. When I receive incoming phone, the callers name (as saved in my phonebook) is displayed on MID
  5. When I call someone using phonebook in B&M thro' steering control, the name of the person whom I'm calling is displayed on MID
  6. However, when I call someone using my cell phone, MID does not display name of the person (as appeared in Phonebook) but instead displays "Pivate Number".
  7. I think Ring tones as assigned in my Cell phone are reproduced by Audio System by B&M.
  8. Am never able to use Voice commands. Facing biggg difficulties in B&M understanding it. Actually am afraid to use USB as it can be stopped only by Voice command. The conversation with the Linea Lady (Shall we call her "Lina" derived from Linea?) typically goes like this: lol
Me: STOP Media
Lina: Dial the number or say "Help"
Me: (I raise my voice) STOP Media (with little more spaces in between)
Lina: Number Please
Me: (Slightly Irritated now) STOP Media
Lina: Number Please or say "Help"
Me: (on top of my Voice now) STOP (XXXX) Media (I can see even the cars surrounding me on the road stopping & realise even they've stopped hearing me now outside !! but not Lina)

Can anyone confirm on Point 3 & 6 above ?
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 12:11   #454
BANNED

Default Bandra Worli Sea Link

Was not in Mumbai & can't visit & go thro' Bandra Worli Sea Link Bridge, a landmark structure in the country. It reduced the travel time from 45 minutes down to 5 minutes (+10 minutes to reach the entry point = total 15 minutes). Now My Linea's FE may increase

Posting some pics of Bandra Worli Sea Link Bridge. Last few pics are file photo's whereas the first 3 night pics are the ones I took yday while driving thro' it (pls bear with the pic quality as it was night & I took them while driving)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090802013.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090802012.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090802010.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by VahanPujari : 13th August 2009 at 12:12.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:22   #455
Senior - BHPian

I have a Nokia E66 and I am a Punter but I can still contribute .

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Phonebook does not contain multiple phone no. entries for Home, Office, etc like what explained in manual. It just gives 1 entry, don't know if it takes the default no. or which no.
Not sure what you are saying. In my E66, phonebook contains separate entries like mobile, business, home. If I have selected mobile as default number then B&M asks me "Call xxx on mobile now?" If there is no default number selected then B&M asks me "Call xxx on mobile, home or business?", I say "mobile", B&M says "call xxxx on mobile now?" , I say yes and the call starts.

Quote:
when I call someone using my cell phone, MID does not display name of the person (as appeared in Phonebook) but instead displays "Pivate Number".
Doesn't work that way with me. Display shows name of person.

Quote:
Am never able to use Voice commands. Facing biggg difficulties in B&M understanding it. Actually am afraid to use USB as it can be stopped only by Voice command. The conversation with the Linea Lady (Shall we call her "Lina" derived from Linea?) typically goes like this: lol[/list]Me: STOP Media
Lina: Dial the number or say "Help"
Me: (I raise my voice) STOP Media (with little more spaces in between)
Lina: Number Please
Me: (Slightly Irritated now) STOP Media
Lina: Number Please or say "Help"
Me: (on top of my Voice now) STOP (XXXX) Media (I can see even the cars surrounding me on the road stopping & realise even they've stopped hearing me now outside !! but not Lina)
I think Lina does not like you. I have absolutely no problems using voice commands. Any and every command I say is understood and executed correctly.

I should add here that I have never tried to stop media player using voice command. The phone call commands are what I am talking about.

Last edited by amit : 13th August 2009 at 12:25.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 15:33   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
STOP Media
i had the same problem. now have a workaround
instead of saying stop media i say stop music . and believe me it stops....

Other things are fine. i have multiple numbers and everything
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 15:44   #457
BHPian

I have adapted myself to converse effectively with LINA. Its like this, the more freely you speak the better Lina will understand. Earlier I use to say number with high concentration and loud and slow. Lina never got it right. Then I changed my approach. Dictated the numnber fast and not with much of concentration, Lina was picking up well.
nicesachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 15:49   #458
Senior - BHPian

the number "2" is my nemesis in blue and me . it always recognises it as zero
Old 13th August 2009, 17:08   #459
BHPian

I have no problems with the digits.
But the names can be a bit iffy at times.

Also, there should be absolute silence in the car, no stupid friends yelling/talking in between.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 17:41   #460
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Not sure what you are saying. In my E66, phonebook contains separate entries like mobile, business, home. If I have selected mobile as default number then B&M asks me "Call xxx on mobile now?" If there is no default number selected then B&M asks me "Call xxx on mobile, home or business?", I say "mobile", B&M says "call xxxx on mobile now?" , I say yes and the call starts.
Precisely this I was asking. That means your B&M phonebook takes multiple phone entries for a name. My B&M phonebook does not (may be related to my cell phone) take multiple entries for a name (though my cell phone has it). Hence, when I say "Call xxx", B&M just asks "Call xxx now?" instead of asking "Call xxx on mobile,home or business?".

But then I always assign a Default number in my cell phone. Have to try it with default no. not assigned.

When I check phonebook on B&M, it shows only 1 number though multiple numbers are stored on cell phone. Does your phonebook on B&M shows multiple no.s -Home/office- for a same name?

Quote:
I should add here that I have never tried to stop media player using voice command.
How do you stop Media Player then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i had the same problem. now have a workaround
instead of saying stop media i say stop music . and believe me it stops....

Other things are fine. i have multiple numbers and everything
Great. Shall have to try this.
Old 13th August 2009, 23:59   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great. Shall have to try this.
Try that and keep us posted.........
Old 14th August 2009, 10:43   #462
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
When I check phonebook on B&M, it shows only 1 number though multiple numbers are stored on cell phone. Does your phonebook on B&M shows multiple no.s -Home/office- for a same name?
Amit,

Pls check Phonebook in B&M (thro' Steering control) in your Punto & let me know how does it store multiple numbers of the same contact.

I think I can see only 1 entry instead of multiple entries for a contact in my Linea (though I feel its dependant on phone, read in manual somewhere I think)
Old 14th August 2009, 12:37   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amit,

Pls check Phonebook in B&M (thro' Steering control) in your Punto & let me know how does it store multiple numbers of the same contact.
B&M phonebook has multiple numbers of the same contact. It display's the name of the person and then the number's. It doesn't show home or mobile before the number. It just display's the numbers.

Quote:
How do you stop Media Player then?
Yesterday I used voice command to stop media player. I said STOP and the lady stopped the media player.I said play anything and the lady started the music. Everything worked smoothly. I even asked her to "Autoplay Off" and she complied.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 15:55   #464
BANNED

Quote:
B&M phonebook has multiple numbers of the same contact. It display's the name of the person and then the number's. It doesn't show home or mobile before the number. It just display's the numbers.
Hey, thats nice. I do not have it & I feel its surely because of my Cell.
Quote:
Yesterday I used voice command to stop media player. I said STOP and the lady stopped the media player.I said play anything and the lady started the music. Everything worked smoothly. I even asked her to "Autoplay Off" and she complied.
I tried (only) STOP earlier but Lina starts asking me the phone no. to call. Have to try "STOP music".
I'll have to change my accent . I hope B&M system is not heuristic (ability to learn).
Old 14th August 2009, 16:28   #465
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Plus TASS might screw up and you end up with a creaking/unstable seat too

You have seen the assembly in my pics, right. It has really intricate switchgear in there (pressure sensors, seatbelt stuff, seat-height gear mechanism etc etc)!
What if the Vendor (who supplies this OEM assembly to Fiat) comes to Mumbai & does it on my car ?

Anyway, I'll be out of town again for a week, hence this will get postponed.