Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 23:36   #466
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Took Lina on a romantic date today & pampered her a bit
Voila, voice commands worked like butter. The failure rate was minimal today. Why was I saying STOP Media when only "STOP" was enough?

Even call commands with contact names with first name & last name worked.

Lina o Lina, Lina Lina
Bin tere jina, jina jina
Saarey shehar mein, nahi tujsi koi hasina.. lol
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 00:51   #467
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

This Sunday, am taking Lina on a Date - romantic Long Drive - to Goa, that is.

Now she must start understanding my vocal commands better
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 06:48   #468
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default

9
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
This Sunday, am taking Lina on a Date - romantic Long Drive - to Goa, that is.

Now she must start understanding my vocal commands better
Lina is quick to learn! after all shez an italian chick! now coming to the phone having multiple numbers for the same name :

e.g : Amit work 9XXXXXXXX
Home 9XXXXXXXX
Mobile 9XXXXXXXXX
Wife 9 XXXXXXXXX

the B&M stores the numbers and displays as 4 Amit. if Amit had 2 numbers it would be displayed as 2 Amit. when this is displayed is SRC / OK is clicked it opens the sub group of the 4 numbers of Amit, however without the work / home / mobile tags.

Mobile phone in question: blackberry Bold 9000
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 14:29   #469
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
This Sunday, am taking Lina on a Date - romantic Long Drive - to Goa, that is.

Now she must start understanding my vocal commands better
Wow amit . Happy journey. and do post us your mileaage figures.
nicesachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 23:40   #470
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
9

Lina is quick to learn! after all shez an italian chick! now coming to the phone having multiple numbers for the same name :

e.g : Amit work 9XXXXXXXX
Home 9XXXXXXXX
Mobile 9XXXXXXXXX
Wife 9 XXXXXXXXX

the B&M stores the numbers and displays as 4 Amit. if Amit had 2 numbers it would be displayed as 2 Amit. when this is displayed is SRC / OK is clicked it opens the sub group of the 4 numbers of Amit, however without the work / home / mobile tags.

Mobile phone in question: blackberry Bold 9000
Great. will check this out tom.
I guess it is not dispalying multiple numbers in my linea. Today I selected a contact with multiple numbers in my phone & sent it via bluetooth to B&M. My phone asked me "Send all numbers or default number?", I selected all numbers & sent the card. Then I tried to call that contact. Instead of asking "Call xxx on home or office?", Lina asked me "Call xxx now?". That means it stored only 1 number.

Another query. When I scroll to a contact in B&M phonebook thro steering control, select it & then press SRC/OK, nothing happens & I can't see phone number of the contact in any way. In your case, does pressing SRC/OK shows phone numbers of that contact?
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 18:42   #471
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Left side Wiper fluid spraying nozzle has become loose. Checked it & tried to fit it. Its just moved out of the groove, does not seem to be serious, but could not fix it & did not want to apply force afraid of breaking it. When I'll visit TASS (already 2-3 points accumulated for the visit), will get it fixed

I've a query. Inside the boot, on left hand side-wall there is a hook fixed & on the right hand side-wall there is a string (with a loop) coming out of a small hole. What are these for ?
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 19:28   #472
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Left side Wiper fluid spraying nozzle has become loose. Checked it & tried to fit it. Its just moved out of the groove, does not seem to be serious, but could not fix it & did not want to apply force afraid of breaking it. When I'll visit TASS (already 2-3 points accumulated for the visit), will get it fixed

I've a query. Inside the boot, on left hand side-wall there is a hook fixed & on the right hand side-wall there is a string (with a loop) coming out of a small hole. What are these for ?
Must be a new feature. WOW another feather added to Linea's Cap.

Anyways I didnt notice it mate. I will check it tonight.
nicesachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 20:16   #473
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I've a query. Inside the boot, on left hand side-wall there is a hook fixed & on the right hand side-wall there is a string (with a loop) coming out of a small hole. What are these for ?

The hook on the LHS side of the Boot is for hanging the car care accessory bag that is available for Fiat vehicles from Fiat International. also it is used to attach the boot compartment net.

the string on the RHS side is the manual fuel lid opener in case the remote fuel lid opener in the driver side footwell doesnt work or in case the cable inside gets jammed. pull the string hard. the fuel flap will open!
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 20:48   #474
BHPian
 
bnzjon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 836
Thanked: 124 Times
Default

Amit, how come you alone find such things in every nook and corner of the car ???

>>>> Sunilrj, you have become a certified FIAT Linea specialist. Any query on Linea, you have an answer !!!!! PHD in Lina.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 21:51   #475
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default update on 5.4 B&M Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Amit, how come you alone find such things in every nook and corner of the car ???

>>>> Sunilrj, you have become a certified FIAT Linea specialist. Any query on Linea, you have an answer !!!!! PHD in Lina.
Thanks Bnzjon! please visit my thread for Update No 2 on B&M update 5.4
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 23:05   #476
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
the string on the RHS side is the manual fuel lid opener in case the remote fuel lid opener in the driver side footwell doesnt work or in case the cable inside gets jammed. pull the string hard. the fuel flap will open!
is it so??. i was told by the fiat guy that the string is for hanging bottles, for tying noose around bottles neck to make it stay upright and aviod spilling!!!.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 23:14   #477
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 536 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
is it so??. i was told by the fiat guy that the string is for hanging bottles, for tying noose around bottles neck to make it stay upright and aviod spilling!!!.
. that is one crazy explanation given. you can take the car to the same fiat guy and tell him that the vehicle has a problem. "when the string is pulled the fuel flap opens up" and see what he does. in the mean time when you are free, you can pull the string and see if what i say is right!
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 09:59   #478
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
is it so??. i was told by the fiat guy that the string is for hanging bottles, for tying noose around bottles neck to make it stay upright and aviod spilling!!!.
Crazy
But in VST, i got the correct information by the works manager.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 12:29   #479
BHPian
 
nehamit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Neo/ Dr. Amit,

I believe you got the Seat Height adj lever changed.

Pls share how is it? is the seat still going down? or has it solved the issue?
Dear Amit, Sorry for replying late as came back to my this automobile home(t-bhp!) today only. Its now 20 days my seat height issue was attended by Fiat and I do not find a single occasion when it has gone down. In this 20 days time, I have driven my Linea on almost all types of roads and seat height is same. A big difference now is the number of down strokes to lower the seat height. It has gone up to 18 as liver is placed lower than before. The number of strokes to increase the height of the seat remains same at 13. the thigh support is inadequate as before. Overall, I am quite happy with the new seat height adjuster mechanism and you should also go for it.
What about Blue&Me update? Have you gone for it? I read Snilrj's thread and waiting for more feedback.

Last edited by nehamit : 18th August 2009 at 12:30.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 13:11   #480
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
The hook on the LHS side of the Boot is for hanging the car care accessory bag that is available for Fiat vehicles from Fiat International. also it is used to attach the boot compartment net.

the string on the RHS side is the manual fuel lid opener in case the remote fuel lid opener in the driver side footwell doesnt work or in case the cable inside gets jammed. pull the string hard. the fuel flap will open!
Hey Sunil, Thats pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Dear Amit, Sorry for replying late as came back to my this automobile home(t-bhp!) today only. Its now 20 days my seat height issue was attended by Fiat and I do not find a single occasion when it has gone down. In this 20 days time, I have driven my Linea on almost all types of roads and seat height is same. A big difference now is the number of down strokes to lower the seat height. It has gone up to 18 as liver is placed lower than before. The number of strokes to increase the height of the seat remains same at 13. the thigh support is inadequate as before. Overall, I am quite happy with the new seat height adjuster mechanism and you should also go for it.
What about Blue&Me update? Have you gone for it? I read Snilrj's thread and waiting for more feedback.
Thanks Dr Amit

Was only the lever changed or some sorts of assembly also changed?

I'll do Blue&Me update on a sunday. But even next sunday I won;t be free . Probably will have to do it next to next sunday. will keep you posted. but Ashwin did it & it works well
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience rhenius Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 127 25th October 2010 17:31
My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red opendro Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 129 26th April 2010 10:40
My flaming red Fiat Linea Emotion pack arrived at last thumpingbull Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 16 10th April 2010 00:06
Fiat Punto 1.4 FIRE (Emotion Pack) from Pandit Auto (Pune). Edit: First Service done EssYouWe Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 51 21st January 2010 20:16
Punto MJD Emotion Pack or Linea MJD Dynamic Pack atilla Hatchbacks 1 4th August 2009 14:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks