Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th August 2009, 18:39   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Was only the lever changed or some sorts of assembly also changed?
Assembly changed in my Linea and only liver changed in my friend's Linea. Both of us are happy as no more 'coming down' problem!
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 19:42   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
. that is one crazy explanation given. you can take the car to the same fiat guy and tell him that the vehicle has a problem. "when the string is pulled the fuel flap opens up" and see what he does. in the mean time when you are free, you can pull the string and see if what i say is right!

WARNING :
Ashwin and Chennai guys, please dont listen to this and go to the TASS. You will be in bigger trouble. Its better to leave things as it is (not knowing) as i am sure the Concorde guys will mess it up.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 10:27   #483
BHPian

Quote:
I'll do Blue&Me update on a sunday. But even next sunday I won;t be free . Probably will have to do it next to next sunday. will keep you posted. but Ashwin did it & it works well
Dear Amit and all Lineans wishing to update Blue&Me. Fiat India do not recommend to update the software as its already current and no need to update. If update is required, Fiat India will provide the update officially. I came to know about this yesterday from my dealer when I inquired for the update. Is this violation of warranty? Probably yes, so please stay away from updating on your own.
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 10:53   #484
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Dear Amit and all Lineans wishing to update Blue&Me. Fiat India do not recommend to update the software as its already current and no need to update. If update is required, Fiat India will provide the update officially. I came to know about this yesterday from my dealer when I inquired for the update. Is this violation of warranty? Probably yes, so please stay away from updating on your own.
This is what I was afraid of.

Also there does not seem to be any visible improvements/ additions in the update 5.4 over existing software which seems to be the latest one.

Thirdly, I prefer not to lose that "update" option on B&M menu which is lost when 5.4 is installed. Who knows tomorrow there comes a functionality of this option.

Fourthly, I think you have a point. Fiat can always void the warranty in typical complex cases. Do not want to leave 0.1% scope for it to be able to excercise option of voiding the warranty.

I now think that I'll not do the update unless there is any visible improvement in functionalities or Fiat endorses it
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 12:03   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what I was afraid of.

Also there does not seem to be any visible improvements/ additions in the update 5.4 over existing software which seems to be the latest one.

Thirdly, I prefer not to lose that "update" option on B&M menu which is lost when 5.4 is installed. Who knows tomorrow there comes a functionality of this option.

Fourthly, I think you have a point. Fiat can always void the warranty in typical complex cases. Do not want to leave 0.1% scope for it to be able to excercise option of voiding the warranty.

I now think that I'll not do the update unless there is any visible improvement in functionalities or Fiat endorses it
Yep,I already stated there's no visible enhancements.
There's no point in updating 5.4.
It only helps ,if you have any issues with the current setup with your phone.
Rest everything is same as the current setup.
Awaiting updated version as like European Lineas.
The display itself is different.we can see it in our manuals too.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 12:51   #486
BANNED

Came across numerous Speed brakers in Goa, some very steep. Linea never, I REPEAT, never kissed any of those though I expected a few steep speed brakers definitely would touch underbody. Pleasantly surprised.

On Kaccha roads, I always take care not to drive over even a small stone or sharp incline protruding 3 inches. I typically let the wheel roll over it. Had 2 bad experiences in Ford Ikon earlier when the stone/ incline stuck in underbody & car did not move , hence always the precaution
Old 21st August 2009, 11:01   #487
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post

Lina is quick to learn! after all shez an italian chick! now coming to the phone having multiple numbers for the same name :

e.g : Amit work 9XXXXXXXX
Home 9XXXXXXXX
Mobile 9XXXXXXXXX
Wife 9 XXXXXXXXX

the B&M stores the numbers and displays as 4 Amit. if Amit had 2 numbers it would be displayed as 2 Amit. when this is displayed is SRC / OK is clicked it opens the sub group of the 4 numbers of Amit, however without the work / home / mobile tags.

Mobile phone in question: blackberry Bold 9000
I checked this. For a contact named as "Home" in my mobile, I've 2 numbers stored - 1 residence line (set as default) & the other 1 is mobile number. When I checked on steering controls B&M phonebook, just 1 entry "Home" is listed (no 2 entries). I can't see the number stored inside. When I press SRC/OK, it does not popo up 2 numbers but it starts dialing the default number.
This means that only 1 number for the contact "Home" is stored & B&M phonebook.

What do you think, guys? is this a prob related to my mobile (Nokia 6265) or with B&M ?
Old 22nd August 2009, 23:27   #488
BANNED

Default Magnificent Goa & Linea !!

1. During entire journey of Bombay to Goa, the best thing I've experienced is Lineas Brakes. Great Brakes. They give tremendous confidence while driving & thereby increases driving pleasure immensely. Simply superb. Never every my earlier car Ford Ikon's brakes gave me even half of this confidence.

2. While I reach back Mumbai tom, my Linea would complete 7000 km. TASS visit is pending & will happen after a week for - 1) Seat height lever/ assembly, 2) Wiper Nozzle, 3) some sctaches on bumper & 4) I might get the Engine Oil flush & changed alongwith oil filter change.

3. Bombay to Goa - Distance - 620 km
FE (100% AC ON) - 13.7 kmpl (70 km in city + 550 km highway)

Avg speed - 62 kmph

Shall give more details day after (lemme enjoy tomorrow's return journey to Mumbai). I'll include it here on this thread & it won't be a travelouge as am not good at narration.

In the meanwhile, drool over the Italian beauty sunbathing at Morjim beach

Attachment 178937
Old 23rd August 2009, 00:12   #489
BANNED

Default Italian Beauty sunbathing at Morjim Beach

Italian Beauty sunbathing at Morjim Beach
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090818000.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2009, 13:51   #490
BHPian

WOW gorgeous babe.
nicesachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:20   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Italian Beauty sunbathing at Morjim Beach
Man. it looks as long as an Accord in this pic. Gorgeous.. really gorgeous!!

Regards,
Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:18   #492
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

Excellent picture, this color is the hottest till now and looking even hotter in the hot sun

So you had a nice trip overall, regarding brakes i agree. Had gone on a 300km trip last week in Scorpio (had 6 people) and was missing Linea badly there, with Linea i passed trucks at even 100-110 after honking but had to slow down this time. Braking is awesome.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 10:59   #493
BANNED

Default Magnificent Goa & Linea !!

Return journey
Goa to Mumbai

Distance : 610 kms

Avg Speed : 66 kmph

Driving Time : 9 hours

FE : 14.4 kmpl (80% of journey AC was ON)

I think my li'l grouse againt the FE of my Linea has been put to rest (with those figures of around 14 kmpl) by the beauty. She performed exceedingly well in all aspects throughout.

..Continued..

Meanwhile, another pic of the beauty resting & taking a look at Fort Aguada
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090815094.jpg  

Last edited by VahanPujari : 24th August 2009 at 11:06.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:43   #494
BHPian

Wow car looks a beauty.

Just y'day I booked my F.Red Petrol Linea Emotion PK. Do you guys have any feedback on the color? esp. from maintenance perspective. My preference was lighter colors (Med. Grey) but the red linea standing outside the dealership in Pune just changed my decision at the last moment.

Cheers
Vineet
vineet_k21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 12:34   #495
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Wow car looks a beauty.

Just y'day I booked my F.Red Petrol Linea Emotion PK. Do you guys have any feedback on the color? esp. from maintenance perspective. My preference was lighter colors (Med. Grey) but the red linea standing outside the dealership in Pune just changed my decision at the last moment.

Cheers
Vineet
Darker colors lke F. Red are prone to small scratches / swirl marks etc which are visible from near & feels irritants causing heart burn. However, go 4-5 feet away & look at the beauty, those same scratches are not visible & beauty looks brand new. Fiat colors have deep gloss

EDIT: Why don't you also have a look at Fox Trot Azure color launched just now ?

Last edited by VahanPujari : 24th August 2009 at 12:42.