Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th August 2009, 17:23   #511
BANNED

Default Magnificent Goa.. Continued...Calangute/ Baga/Vagatore/Asvem/Manderim/Arambol Beaches

Sunset @ Calangute beach

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090815106.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090815107.jpg

Baga Beach..

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090815108.jpg

Vagatore Beach..

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090815115.jpg

Ashvem/ Manerim Beach..

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090818001.jpg

Arambol Beach..

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090818003.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090818004.jpg
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 17:24   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But took heart from the fact that from a distance even merely 4-5 feet, she still looks shining brand new with those scratches / swirls not visible
Mine too has a lots of them. don worry others will too develope that sometime down the lane!!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 17:34   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanpujari
Seems it was brand new recently delivered. Close inspection burnt my heart - there were no scratches no swirl marks. My linea has so many of them. But took heart from the fact that from a distance even merely 4-5 feet, she still looks shining brand new with those scratches / swirls not visible
The swirls are a price you have to pay for driving the hottest color of Linea. Maybe not the case anymore, Ashwin is already mad over the Fox trot azure Linea pics

I was sold onto this color and my heart beats whenever i see a F red Linea on roads, it gets highlighted from the usual crowd of cars. This scratch reason was only one which kept me away from it. Had to agree with dad but i got the most boring silver color
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 17:44   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin is already mad over the Fox trot azure Linea pics
Yes i am, because my wifey also likes it very much. Looks cool like ice.Its melting my heart........
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 17:48   #515
BANNED

Default Magnificent Goa.. Continued

Some pics of Calangute beach from the balcony of our Room..

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820010.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820017.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820020.jpg

Clouds in Valley @ The scenic Amboli Ghat again on our return journey..

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820031.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820032.jpg

Last edited by VahanPujari : 25th August 2009 at 17:51.
Old 25th August 2009, 17:53   #516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The swirls are a price you have to pay for driving the hottest color of Linea. Maybe not the case anymore, Ashwin is already mad over the Fox trot azure Linea pics

I was sold onto this color and my heart beats whenever i see a F red Linea on roads, it gets highlighted from the usual crowd of cars. This scratch reason was only one which kept me away from it. Had to agree with dad but i got the most boring silver color
Yes, Rajat

When I saw pics of fox trot azure posted by sidindica in the other thread with a Red Punto on one side, I actually felt disappointed by fox trot azure. In comparison that Red looks smashing with Deep gloss & shine
Old 25th August 2009, 17:56   #517
BHPian

The pics keep getting better! Is that the climax or more to come?
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 18:00   #518
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pictures especially the last 2 ones.
Do we have more to come? You should have created a travelogue in Travelogues section with such nice pics.
You seem to be a professional with such pics, earlier the Linea on beach and now these.
good job.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 18:02   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Yes, Rajat

When I saw pics of fox trot azure posted by sidindica in the other thread with a Red Punto on one side, I actually felt disappointed by fox trot azure. In comparison that Red looks smashing with Deep gloss & shine
. When I went for booking Linea the sales person tried convincing me to go for azure. but once I had seen F.red linea, other colors kind of faded away from memory
vineet_k21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 18:18   #520
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Awesome pictures especially the last 2 ones.
Do we have more to come? You should have created a travelogue in Travelogues section with such nice pics.
You seem to be a professional with such pics, earlier the Linea on beach and now these.
good job.
Thanks Rajat
But I'm thoroughly amatuer at Pics. Those look good because of their scenic beauty. Am so carefree about pics that I've not taken along any camera or my camcorder & just used my cell in which I've not upgraded the memory stick beyond 64 MB. I repented it later when I saw that Linea on Morjim Beach pic which has become my favourite one. That time the memory stick got full & I did not had an inkling that the pic will look so good else would have taken a few more by deleting earlier ones (Human nature.. Gridy you know)

Have not created a travelouge as am not good at narration. Pics also I posted as FastLove mentioned it in one of his posts to talk about Goa trip & I wanted to hide my inability of narration .

Main pics are more or less over. Shall check if any still pending, will post
Old 25th August 2009, 19:03   #521
BANNED

Default Magnificent Goa..

Few more pics

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820023.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820029.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820033.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820013.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820003.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820002.jpg

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090820001.jpg
Old 25th August 2009, 19:47   #522
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Amit, it seems all of you have enojyed at Goa.
Great photographs, i think you should try some hand at creative writing.
In fact you already have written very nice narration.
you need to add a bit more, about food, about your stay, about the people whom you met, experiences on the way & at the destination and while returning.
Voila, your 5 star travelogue is ready.

your photographs reminded me of our 10 day Goa-Konkan trip way back in 2005 dec.
tonight i will again watch the 6 handycam cassets.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 20:04   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Mine too has a lots of them. don worry others will too develope that sometime down the lane!!
My car is 1 week old and I already have them too
achinthg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 14:48   #524
BANNED

Thumbs up Bravo Fiat !!

Today morning I received a call from Tata Johnson, Fiat Vendor for Seat Height. Fiat Corp Quality person asked him to call me !

Congrats Fiat for having such a dedicted Corp Quality guy in your staff. He is indisposed, is operated on & is at his native. Still he SMS'ed back to my call day before & then though I asked to wait till he resumes, he arranged the vendor to speak to me today to start the solution process. Without him, my perception of Fiat Service might have been entirely different. Till now he has never failed in responding.

Vendor suggested me change of height lever. I said Corp Quality person has mentioned changing Lever & a small assembly also. I also said I'm a T-BHPian & 3 others - Neo, Dr Amit & his friend have got it done & Dr Amit got Lever & Assembly changed. He says he is OK with it & Voila !! The Vendor & the Corp Quality Person I'm taking about are the same guys who had solved Dr Amit's Seat Height Issue & met him @ Aspi Motors Ahmedabad.

Then I asked him about Rajat's issue @ Delhi & whether it comes in his territory. He said he acts as per Fiat isntructions. So will have to speak to that Corp Quality person when he resumes

Vendor said that the part for seat height is imported from Germany, comes thro' Bangalore & is expected by 1st Sep'09 & he'll give me a call once received
Old 26th August 2009, 15:01   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I know about that old scenic route. Actually, the night before I was leaving, I researched T-BHP & net for the route till 2 am (& then got up at 4.15 am to leave at 5.30 am!!). That old route seems to be extremely scenic but I was alone to drive & the drive was going to be about 12 hours. The old route NH17 is only a double lane route & I thought it could be tiresome so took the simpler & faster Expressway route. Had there been a group, would have surely gone by that route.

Would like to mention 2 things:

12 hours journey (driving time 10 Hours) from Mumbai to Goa & 11 Hours journey (driving time 9 hours) back meant that I try to get used to Dead Pedal. And boy!! It was so comfortable. It feels nearer to clutch but the left side inside is farther & hence left foot was comfortably slid in. Got used to it but dunno in city it might not be very useful

other thing is the comfort. After driving 12 hours, there is not an ounce of any fatique & I was raring to go for another 3-4 hours if needed. Does that mean that sitting position & seats are extremely good? You bet !

Just FYI - I keep the seat on the top most position or 1 stroke below. Horizontally, its slided back long so that my long legs (height 5.10 feet) i.e. knees do not touch the dash or steering. Steering is always in the lowest position. Right Arm rests on the arm rest on the right door. Left Arm rests on middle arm rest. This means I hold the steering at bottom-half on both sides. This position is automatically developed but there is no strain anywhere hence I think it suits me
You are right that the Route you took is better in terms of the ease of driving there especially when you are driving alone. I will be doing the same when i plan my trip soon. Thanks for the fantastic inputs and also on the driving position you mentioned. Very useful info mate . Thanx and yeah lovely pictures
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote