Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd September 2009, 19:53   #556
BANNED

Linens,

Can anyone check RPM meter while Linea is running idle? I vaguely remember it showing exact 1000 RPM. Query is because I happen to notice the needle slightly below 10000 RPM mark (may be 900 or 800 rpm) in my Linea whether it is that way or it is on exact 1000 RPM mark.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:09   #557
Senior - BHPian

Waah Waah,

Final Snap apni usme bhi munh chupa liya sharma ke
Seems you went extra happy seeing such a good weather.
We Delhites can only dream of it, only if i go to my village then only i can experience such delightful weather.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 22:46   #558
BANNED

Default Seat Height Assembly changed

Since long the change of Seat Height was pending as I was out of Mumbai on last 6-7 week ends & frequented Goa for last 2 months. Also I did not want to change only the lever but the entire assembly which I got to know 2 months back that its being modified.

The appt was fixed a week back for today 5th Sep, Sat thanks to that Corp Quality guy who is instrumental for my perception about excellent responsiveness from Fiat. He was indisposed & operated so did not want to disturb him this week. But when I saw Rajat's (Coolboy) post 2 days back I SMSed him yday morning to call back if he has resumed. He did call back, while discussing I asked about Rajat's issue that he is not getting the part since 9 days & if there is his counterpart in North. I also told him that Rajat has already spoken to Mangesh. He called back & said that his part is also arranged & he'll also be able to change it on Sat. When I logged on TBHP, Rajat's y'day post confirmed it. Great.

Venor called that he has come to Mumbai & is reaching TASS. I also reached to TASS at 2.10 p.m. As usual, me & the vendor waited for 30 minutes as the mid-day meeting/ review was going on for SA's. This time I asked for Linea SA while fixing the appt earlier. He came after 30 minutes. We got the jobcard done & asked the Vendor to start. I had thought of many small issues to take care of but first we decided to get on with seat. Got started around 3.30 pm (its always delays at this TASS, it remains so crowded always/ Am seriously thinking to go to other TASS next time).

Vendor first removed the entire Driver seat. He came with every part of the seat. This assembly (called Track) weighs 10 kg & he brought it himself from Pune . The assembly is manufactured by IFB in Germany & comes thro' IFB Bangalore. I was in touch with Rajat on phone continuously & was getting feedback. This modified assembly has 14 strokes down & 14 up. The lever angle is changed both - Vertically & Horiozontally i.e. new lever is now slightly angled inside & is down. Its now not touching thigh while ingress/ egress. I tried to take pic of diff in lever angle in old & new assembly but by then battery of my cell almost conked off. Pics taken before that are posted below.

After removing seats, he then removed assembly by detaching it from the seat cushion. He had to remove clips with which OEM seat covers (& also the art leather covers) were fitted with assembly. That done, he changed the assembly. There is no change / reduction of size in Plastic Lever, its the same. The angles are changed & somehow I have a feeling that even the rotary motion up/down stroke assembly part may also been modified from inside. The technician posted by TASS alongwith him was not at all trained & he caused so much delay. By 6 pm the vendor was finished with the seat. I checked it & found ok.

I wanted to get so many little things done but it was closing time. So just asked SA to get the car washed & check coolant level as I had a feeling it was decreasing very slightly. He checked, & the coolant level was down by 1 inch than what it was 25 days back when I took off for Goa. It was dark & could not be checked further on the ramp if there is a leakage. However, after overall inspection he says it does not seem to be leakage, however needs to be checked thoroughly. He topped up the coolant (took a new bottle & did not charge me anything for it )

There was some drama about Linea coolant that its not in stock. The Coolant he poured was Paraflu make for Fiat cars specifically. However, it was blue color & i've a feeling that it may be of Palio. But there was no choice but top it up as level was quite reduced. Will have to check for a few days.

Ever dipped finger in this Fiat coolant & rubbed with the other finger? It feels hot. SA said these Fiat's coolants are far far superiror than the Indian coolants used in Tata Cars.

Car was thoroughly pressure-washed exterior, with underside of mudguards/ tyres & interior vaccum cleaned. Seat covers, Dash & other plastic interios were also cleaned with cleaner solution. I give this TASS 20 out of 10 fro cleaning job! Simply Superb & this happens everytime. Now some pics..

All Plastics part of seat put together..
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902011.jpg

The Plastic Lever..
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902010.jpg

Beezel (Holds the Headrest from inside the backrest part). This is not needed here but neverthless he brought it.
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902009.jpg

The New assembly (Track)..
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902007.jpg

The comparison. First the New assembly..
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902008.jpg

And then the old one..See the Angle
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902006.jpg

Last edited by VahanPujari : 5th September 2009 at 22:53.
Old 5th September 2009, 23:08   #559
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

So finally the post comes. Was aiting for it, i thought in the happiness of getting seat assembly changed you went straightawat for a drive to lonavala

Guys, we both were in touch continously over the phone and listening to each others views nicely. Am glad that your TASS topped up coolant for free, i have noticed that Tata serv centres dont crib over pennies. A guy had a come in his Palio to get a fuse changed, not even a job card was opened and part replaced for free.

So you got the washing done too, i was so damn frustrated with spoiling my Sat on which i sleep till 1 Pm that i refused their offer to pressure wash the car. The place was full of mud and standing rainwater that wash was of no use as it must have taken another half an hour. Had told Dad to take the car but then i had to report back on team bhp so i went along.

Hope i dont have to visit TASS till April next year - 15000km/1 year.
Only +ve, the roads to serv centre are too good and bolsted my FE to 13.8 kmpl when i came back home.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 00:04   #560
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
So you got the washing done too, i was so damn frustrated with spoiling my Sat on which i sleep till 1 Pm that i refused their offer to pressure wash the car. The place was full of mud and standing rainwater that wash was of no use as it must have taken another half an hour. Had told Dad to take the car but then i had to report back on team bhp so i went along.

Hope i dont have to visit TASS till April next year - 15000km/1 year.
Rajat,

This TASS always washes the car thoroughly & always clean interiors before delivery. I had to get it done as I travelled some 2500 kms in 15 days - Goa & Lonavala, all in rains. By the time I left, it was 7.30 pm. And BTW, I think I might have to go again as I sense trouble with Coolant tank . Hope there is no leakage
Quote:
Only +ve, the roads to serv centre are too good and bolsted my FE to 13.8 kmpl when i came back home
Another Saturday today. Anothe bout & spell of my Linea's another personality !! 16 kmpl - By a Petrol one
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902002.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902003.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902004.jpg  

Old 6th September 2009, 00:51   #561
BANNED

I was contemplating Oil change while getting seat height assembly changed. But afterwards decided against it. Checked oil, does not look bad. Everybody in TASS - some 4-5 different guys from low level to high level suggested not to go for it as its not needed at all. Anywhich ways ODO shows 7700 kms. In next 4-5 months, 15K limit will be reached.

While seat was removed, I could take a pic of Rear AC foot vent generally hidden under the seat
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902016.jpg  

Old 6th September 2009, 18:35   #562
BHPian

nice. so you guys got the whole assembly changed.

I wonder if I should get this done in mine too for 100% satisfaction.
so VP, now the thigh doesn't touch at all? And you hear no click sound whatsoever?

What I observed in mine (only lever change), i can hear the click still, but the movement doesnt activate the seat-adjusting mechanism.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 18:55   #563
Senior - BHPian

I have a million $ question here . FIAT is changing the assembly is all right but is FIAT making sure new Linea wont have this problem or they will exhaust the entire old seat assembly lot and change it on case basis.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 23:47   #564
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
nice. so you guys got the whole assembly changed.

I wonder if I should get this done in mine too for 100% satisfaction.
so VP, now the thigh doesn't touch at all? And you hear no click sound whatsoever?

What I observed in mine (only lever change), i can hear the click still, but the movement doesnt activate the seat-adjusting mechanism.
I never used to hear click earlier also. Sometimes thigh just touches the lever. thats it.

Now thigh does not touch the lever while ingress/ egress.

You changed only the lever. But I could not see any change in Plastic lever. Yes, the inside metal lever angle is different. Why didn't you change the assembly?

BTW, I'll have to check whether this assembly has solved it & also the coolant issue after a week only as am again off to Goa for 3-4 days.
Old 9th September 2009, 19:05   #565
BANNED

In Mumbai, 7 out of every 10 Lineas I see on Road have their rear quarter glass chrome strips missing !

They are non-bhpians, I guess
Old 9th September 2009, 20:37   #566
BHPian

Good observation amit. Probably those owners are not aware of the simple fix as well.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 20:51   #567
BHPian

Even I have seen few Lineas in Hyderabad without the rear chrome strip .. I almost want to stop them and tell them the good news ... but the traffic restricts me :(
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 08:05   #568
Senior - BHPian

Fiat replaces chrome strip free of cost!!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 09:08   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Linens,

Can anyone check RPM meter while Linea is running idle? I vaguely remember it showing exact 1000 RPM. Query is because I happen to notice the needle slightly below 10000 RPM mark (may be 900 or 800 rpm) in my Linea whether it is that way or it is on exact 1000 RPM mark.

Its 1000RPM for me! Exact 1000.
sandeep_vgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2009, 09:50   #570
Senior - BHPian

see post no 40 in my thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...cs-pg42-3.html

i had already had a curious issue about the RPM meter
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote