Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 20:36   #601
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Did anyone notice fogging of rear defoggers from inside?

I notice some moisture inside rear left side fog lamp.
yes I am having it in Headlamps.
I'll try to upload the picture sometime.
IMO, it's not moisture.we have to check it.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 20:50   #602
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
So you get a TD on wed, right? Do scold the salesman and tell him as a simple ethic they shouldnt offer customer's car for TD, tomorrow they may offer your car for TD too.
The dealership did keep its date with me. The car was brought promptly to my residence at appointed time. It was EM+ MJD. I have been driving Uno for last eleven years and the engine performance in first and second gear is quite similar. Because of Uno habits, didn't feel any awkwardness in long clutch travel and dead pedal. Arm rest adds to driving comfort hugely.

Salesman explained everything to my satisfaction. So now the process of getting my loan sanctioned earliest starts.

P.S. Amit, apologies for hijacking your thread.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 21:05   #603
UKR
BHPian
 
UKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum/Bangalore
Posts: 90
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Did anyone notice fogging of rear defoggers from inside?

I notice some moisture inside rear left side fog lamp.
Hi Vahan,

I also own a linea MJD vocal white E+ for about 2+ months now. It has run close to 2900 kms till date. Feeling kinda lazy to open an ownership exp thread but will do it soon .

Coming back to your point, I too have noticed condensation inside rear left fog lamp near the indicator section. But I would wait till next wave of rains here before I can confirm it.
UKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 21:12   #604
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Nutnbolts,
If you are not in a hurry why don't you wait for the 1.6MJD Linea. It's rumored to be out by this year-end.
Only downside will be, maybe it will be priced 50-75k more.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 21:30   #605
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
P.S. Amit, apologies for hijacking your thread.
Hey, no issues at all.

Pleased top know that your requirements of TD have been honored by the dealer, finally
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 21:42   #606
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Nutnbolts,
If you are not in a hurry why don't you wait for the 1.6MJD Linea. It's rumored to be out by this year-end.
Only downside will be, maybe it will be priced 50-75k more.
I read all those threads about 1.6 MJD. Thing is, I am looking to buy via CSD route. Problem with this is, Fiat will launch new vehicle probably in Jan/Feb and it will take another six months to be available in CSD . That time line is too long. I think I will stick with 1.4 as it will meet my requirements.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 21:50   #607
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,717
Thanked: 1,440 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
That time line is too long. I think I will stick with 1.4 as it will meet my requirements.
1.4? You are going fo fire 1.4 petrol engine? Then why you took TD of 1.3 MJD? If you arent buying the diesel then go ahead and even if you are buying MJD and if you are satisfied with power just go for it.
Even if 1.6MJD is launched, it will command a higher prem of aytleast 75-90k.
Your CSD observation is true, you will save good money there.
I read that only Emotion is available in MJD and Emotion packs in petrol in CSD.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 18:54   #608
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Last 2 days my Linea was parked with Handbrake pulled up. Today I started the engine, let the engine idle for 40-50 sec with handbrakes still pulled up. RPM was at 1300. Pulled down the handbrake, RPM reduced to 900. Engaged the 1st gear & slowly got into motion. "KHAT" "khat" noise ! The second Khat noise was smaller. Seems to be the same noise Amit talked about in Punto. I now remember earlier also once this noise came. I discarded it thinking may be some stone against the tyre. Why this noise?

Remembered 1 item from manualtoday & tried it (should go to Did you know series) - You can deactivate Seat belt buzzer. I always wanted it whenever I start the car only to move around our appartment complex & surrounding 2-3 kms. How do you do it.

Turn the key to MAR position. Wear the seatbelt & wait for 20-30 seconds. Seatbelt warning sign goes off. Now remove the seatbelt, warning sign lights up. Start the engine & move. the Warning light remains ON but buzzer is deactivated & never rings !!
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 20:17   #609
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 405 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
......
Turn the key to MAR position. Wear the seatbelt & wait for 20-30 seconds. Seatbelt warning sign goes off. Now remove the seatbelt, warning sign lights up. Start the engine & move. the Warning light remains ON but buzzer is deactivated & never rings !!
Does the buzzer get activated automatically the next time the car is re-started or does one have to turn it on? If so how?

Cheers and thanks,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 20:36   #610
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
1.4? You are going fo fire 1.4 petrol engine? Then why you took TD of 1.3 MJD? If you arent buying the diesel then go ahead and even if you are buying MJD and if you are satisfied with power just go for it.
Even if 1.6MJD is launched, it will command a higher prem of aytleast 75-90k.
Your CSD observation is true, you will save good money there.
I read that only Emotion is available in MJD and Emotion packs in petrol in CSD.
I asked for 1.4, they brought 1.3. Well they are offering another TD, which I shall take. The TD I took was mainly to check interiors and fitment of car in my garage. The 2nd gear is dead in MJD, but I feel this is mainly due to AC load. I feel the same characteristic in Uno as well with all of its 1500cc. In next TD, I will check the car for response.

CSD has got Emotion and Emotion+ variants in both 1.4 and 1.3. There is a saving of almost 1 lakh. Punto is available in Active 1.2; 1.3 Active and Em pk; 1.4 Emotion, Emotion Pk.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 22:01   #611
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,717
Thanked: 1,440 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
I asked for 1.4, they brought 1.3. Well they are offering another TD, which I shall take. The TD I took was mainly to check interiors and fitment of car in my garage.
Oh so you are getting another TD of petrol. You will find it even more sluggish if you dont revv the car hard. Just keep the car above 2000 RPM and you will not be disappointed.
Its damn smooth and a happy to revv engine.

The CSD saving is too big, i am scratching my head as to why i didnt buy the car in my grandpa's name and save 1L rs which is huge moolah.
So you were happy with the overall finish and driving dynamics?
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 23:26   #612
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Does the buzzer get activated automatically the next time the car is re-started or does one have to turn it on? If so how?

Cheers and thanks,
I shall have to check it tom when I restart the car in morning.

BTW, purchased tbhp stickers 2 weeks back & was getting confused where should I stick which stickers. "got BHP?" & "Live to Drive" stickers are so good & irresistable but I felt they do not go well with Linea's rear which looks so uncluttered. Here is the only sticker I sticked:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090915000.jpg  

VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 09:53   #613
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Turn the key to MAR position. Wear the seatbelt & wait for 20-30 seconds. Seatbelt warning sign goes off. Now remove the seatbelt, warning sign lights up. Start the engine & move. the Warning light remains ON but buzzer is deactivated & never rings !!
Is there any way to activate it again ?
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 11:48   #614
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Does the buzzer get activated automatically the next time the car is re-started or does one have to turn it on? If so how?

Cheers and thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Is there any way to activate it again ?
Tested today morning. The buzzer gets activated automatically the next time the car is re-started
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 20:54   #615
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Oh so you are getting another TD of petrol. You will find it even more sluggish if you dont revv the car hard. Just keep the car above 2000 RPM and you will not be disappointed.
Its damn smooth and a happy to revv engine.

The CSD saving is too big, i am scratching my head as to why i didnt buy the car in my grandpa's name and save 1L rs which is huge moolah.
So you were happy with the overall finish and driving dynamics?
The sluggishness that I mentioned, I feel is mainly due to AC. If AC is not running, car will pull nicely. Overall, I was happy with the interiors as well as dynamic characteristics of the car. I has a worry about it fitting in my garage. But surprise, surprise; breadth wise, it takes same space as does my Uno. Length wise too it fits nicely. During a TD a colleague of mine was there with. After the TD and price vs. accessories comparison, he has become a Linea convert from Dzire . FIAT, you need to advertise and then advertise aggressively some more.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Linea 1.4 Petrol E-Pack - Emotional(ly) Pack(ed) Experience rhenius Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 127 25th October 2010 17:31
My Linea MJD Emotion Pack Flamingo Red opendro Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 129 26th April 2010 10:40
My flaming red Fiat Linea Emotion pack arrived at last thumpingbull Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 16 10th April 2010 00:06
Fiat Punto 1.4 FIRE (Emotion Pack) from Pandit Auto (Pune). Edit: First Service done EssYouWe Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 51 21st January 2010 20:16
Punto MJD Emotion Pack or Linea MJD Dynamic Pack atilla Hatchbacks 1 4th August 2009 14:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks